Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Nintendo Kid posted:

most lovely kickstarters

so no specific examples, thx fishmech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Proteus4994 posted:

thishmech

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
this isn't even fishmeching because that would involve fishmech being technically correct

help i'm lost & confused

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

i deal in facts, not opinions

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

hey, mac people, can any of you explain what this thing is supposed to do

quote:

Hi, Kickstarter! Zabosu’s developed an incredible, almost magical service that lets one person actually take control of another person, anywhere in the world there’s a 4G cellular signal. It’s not quite as crazy as it sounds. The person being controlled, who we call an “Actor,” starts our app and sticks their phone in a pocket (or on a lanyard) with the camera facing out to stream live audio and video of their surroundings.

The person controlling them, who we call a “Director,” connects to the stream with a web browser to see and hear everything going on around the Actor, from the Actor’s point of view. The Director also speaks to the Actor using the computer’s microphone and the Actor’s earpiece. Because the Director is paying the Actor, the Actor does what the Director tells them to do. The intention, in most applications, is to make the Actor a human extension, or projection, of the Director into whatever environment the Actor happens to be in.

Control actual human beings in public live over the internet!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

razorscooter posted:

the plug part is detachable so apple can make one adapter and sell all sorts of foreign plugs to fit in that corner. idk why you would remove the plug when it's not being used, or why you would give your nice rounded square adapter a giant tumor on its side like that

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

razorscooter posted:

i am about 90% sure this is not the first crowdfunding attempt for a thing to hold your un-used macbook plug thing

i seem to recall the original one strapped on instead of gluing in place but i couldn't find it with google site:kickstarter.com

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

anthonypants posted:

the plug part is detachable so apple can make one adapter and sell all sorts of foreign plugs to fit in that corner. idk why you would remove the plug when it's not being used, or why you would give your nice rounded square adapter a giant tumor on its side like that

they sell longer cords, so you can use the un-corded adapter at your desk or whatever, and then have a long cord when you want to plug in across the room

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

actually i travel a shitload and i keep losing those little fuckers so i would legit be interested in buying one of those

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you're seriously considering kickstartering that thing just 3d print one instead, jesus

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
nah, i wasn't going to buy one. they're not getting funded anyway

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Trig Discipline posted:

actually i travel a shitload and i keep losing those little fuckers so i would legit be interested in buying one of those

pro tip: when you lose one, you can substitute a standard iec c7 power cord, available just about anywhere

you won't get a ground connection but you don't get one with the north american duckhead anyways so w/e

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

if you're seriously considering kickstartering that thing just 3d print one instead, jesus

lol "just 3d print one"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Nascar posted:

lol "just 3d print one"

ikr

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

3d print a post

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
lol if you don't work at a lab with extensive cnc machining and 3d printing capabilities and an army of students who know how to use Solidworks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

theadder posted:

3d print a post

The technology for 3d printing poop from a butt does not exist

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nintendo Kid posted:

i deal in facts, not opinions

wouldn't examples count as facts? as evidence, at least

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

so who's getting one?

http://www.myjibo.com

my little pal :kimchi:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

razorscooter posted:

pretend i posted a picture of the thing rolling around the bottom of my desk drawer

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

BobHoward posted:

pro tip: when you lose one, you can substitute a standard iec c7 power cord, available just about anywhere

you won't get a ground connection but you don't get one with the north american duckhead anyways so w/e

most of the places i am likely to find myself, macbook power cords are more easily found than iec c7 cords.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ0nrm0DMtw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this just reminded me that scott baio's character replaced henry winkler's character, which is the most amazing thing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Werthog 95 posted:

this just reminded me that scott baio's character replaced henry winkler's character, which is the most amazing thing

he skews younger

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Werthog 95 posted:

barry zuckerkorn was very good

"those are balls!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

btw was it just me or was the netflix season a wee bit too convoluted? it was still very good, but at times it seemed like it was a little too into itself, compared to the regular old seasons

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Snapchat A Titty posted:

btw was it just me or was the netflix season a wee bit too convoluted? it was still very good, but at times it seemed like it was a little too into itself, compared to the regular old seasons

could have done without carl weathers and warden guy on his writing staff because... reasons

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snapchat A Titty posted:

it felt like there was too much narration sometimes, but i haven't done a proper study of before-and-after to see whether that's just my perception

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

netflix season was terrible and had too many character changes (they shouldn't have had made michael quite so pathetic as everyone else, they need some semblance as a straight man)

the reason it was so convoluted was because they needed a reason for having none of the main characters ever interact together and instead go on dumb side adventures with terrible side characters

so many scenes of characters green screened into static rooms talking to a stand-in

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snapchat A Titty posted:

it was poo poo and barely funny

i thought it was me, that maybe AD wasn't always good

i went back to episode 1 of season 1, couldn't stop laughing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ive rewatched the first three seasons several times, i think its probably the show ive rewatched the most

i havent rewatched the new at all

also i saw it once on danish tv w danish subtitles, the guy who did them must have been close to suicide by the end

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i thought the new eps were fun, but nowhere near the calibre of the original three seasons

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the new episodes were fine

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Werthog 95 posted:

the new episodes were fine

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

they were poo poo and not funny. gf and i stopped watching after like 3 eps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there exists such a thing as middle ground

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Socracheese posted:

they were poo poo and not funny. gf and i stopped watching after like 3 eps

lol did you even watch the first three seasons

do you understand how that show is funny at all

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

there exists such a thing as middle ground

yeah in a world where 1-3 were A or A+es 4 is solidly no higher than a B but it sure isnt an F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
later eps in s4 were def way stronger, i.e. both gobs, buster, both george michaels, maebe, 2nd lucille

• Locked thread