Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
5m 5050 RGB LED strip with power supply, remote and controller for £9.99 delivered.

Going to use it to backlight my TV and underlight my desk. Waiting for the cables so
I can split it to different lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcFmPNX5Iuc

Raikiri has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My husband says I need a hobby that isn't the internet, so I picked this up as a cheap starter.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Some new shoes to replace my old pair that finally disintegrated. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get some AEs or something.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Raikiri posted:

5m 5050 RGB LED strip with power supply, remote and controller for £9.99 delivered.

Going to use it to backlight my TV and underlight my desk. Waiting for the cables so
I can split it to different lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcFmPNX5Iuc

This looks pretty cool, how is the color controlled?

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Selklubber posted:

This looks pretty cool, how is the color controlled?

Just by remote, you can get HDMI pass-throughs that will adapt it based on what's being displayed like ambilight but this is a little more simplistic :)

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Just bought some more of this:

Sure, shop-shame me if you want. But it's a great mixer, it's spicy, and it gets you hammered drat quick. I usually switch between this and Kraken rum when I want to mix my Diet Coke with something.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Vrikkian posted:

Just bought some more of this:

Sure, shop-shame me if you want. But it's a great mixer, it's spicy, and it gets you hammered drat quick. I usually switch between this and Kraken rum when I want to mix my Diet Coke with something.

My only problem with fireball is that it's all my friends ever seem to order for shots :/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I hate the taste of a lot of alcoholic beverages, but goddamn, Fireball owns. And yeah, if you take more than a shot or two of it (which is easy because it's not very strong...spicy? yeah., but not strong), you start to feel it quick.

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Jul 18, 2014

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Lost my glasses so was finally able to justify new ones

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I hate the taste of a lot of alcoholic beverages, but goddamn, Fireball owns. And yeah, if you take more than a shot or two of it (which is easy because it's not very strong...spicy? ), you start to feel it quick.

It's only 70 proof I believe, while most (non-cordial) liquor is 80-100 proof. The lower alcohol content mixed with the overpowering spice makes it easier to handle.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Casio F108WH, since I got my paycheck today.

F-91W or bust.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bip Roberts posted:

F-91W or bust.

Terrorist spotted.

syrairc
Sep 13, 2006
wait what

Raikiri posted:

Just by remote, you can get HDMI pass-throughs that will adapt it based on what's being displayed like ambilight but this is a little more simplistic :)

Do it. It's totally awesome. Guide here, if anyone is interested. Not HDMI passthrough though, requires a PC as the video source. (can also buy LEDs and other parts off amazon/ebay as opposed to Adafruit, though I can vouch for the quality of adafruit's stuff)

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I got my first pair of glasses. And they kind of look like poo poo online from what I can tell. But I like them.

(Obviously not my pic)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Wire. Best show ever.
And now 4 and 5. Goddamnit it McNutty

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Got an eye exam and 2 pairs of glasses from MURICA'S BEST :911:

Turns out I'm blinder than I thought, and I had to get that god drat glaucoma test where they puff air in your eye. I hate that :argh:

But, if the new glasses come in (in about a week) and I get used to them, I'm ordering a new set or two from some online shop.

First time in my life that I've gotten glasses with a side effects warning of "This may make you nauseous until you get used to them", etc.

Crap I feel old.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So after seeing a bunch of players in the World Cup with 2 differently colored boots on, I decided to look up to see what they were. Much to my great delight, I discovered they make sneaker versions of the same thing, so I managed to snag a pair of these (on left):

Puma Suede Classic Tricks+

They no longer appear to be available, sadly.

If I had seen the ones on the right (don't think they were available in the US), I would have gotten those. But still - love 'em.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

what is your avatar about?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Scarf posted:

My only problem with fireball is that it's all my friends ever seem to order for shots :/

Order a 4 horsemen if you want something that tastes similar but is far stronger

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SaltLick posted:

Order a 4 horsemen if you want something that tastes similar but is far stronger

Well I shouldn't have said my "only problem" with it was that... Because I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon in my whiskey either. I would tolerate it because, hey, free shot. But that's all they seem to drink these days. When it's my turn to buy a round I usually just go for wild turkey.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Man I do not miss my early 20s when people I know drank stuff like cinnamon whiskey and wild turkey.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It tastes even better better when it comes back up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Isn't Wild Turkey pretty decent?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

big mean giraffe posted:

Man I do not miss my early 20s when people I know drank stuff like cinnamon whiskey and wild turkey.

This stuff shows up at parties and yeah, free booze and all but gently caress me if it wasn't what caused me to honk more often than not

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I just bought my ticket to see these guys at the state fair on August 29th.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010

Aramek posted:

Some new shoes to replace my old pair that finally disintegrated. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to get some AEs or something.

These look really nice and I've been struggling to find a pair of brown shoes that I really like. Could I get the brand and model?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Seconded, nice shoes.

Bip Roberts posted:

F-91W or bust.

Psh, I've already got one, and in stainless steel no less! I was gonna get a G-Shock, but it was like $30 and looked really similar.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm in my early 30s :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Isn't Wild Turkey pretty decent?

It's bottom-shelf bourbon. On par with Jim Beam, imo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nonono

Turkey and Beam are not bottom shelf. They aren't great, but they aren't Ol' Smuggler or anything.

Edit: apparently old smuggler is bad scotch. I meant Old Grandad

FishBulb has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Jul 18, 2014

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Bought a bottle of this

And this fucker for $20

Tired of getting shot in the face by my 7 year old and having nothing to retaliate. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW YOU LITTLE poo poo?!?!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FishBulb posted:

Nonono

Turkey and Beam are not bottom shelf. They aren't great, but they aren't Ol' Smuggler or anything.

Well then, bottom-shelf for civilized America...

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Scarf posted:

Please, don't shop-shame, OP.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Meatwave posted:

Please, don't shop-shame, OP.

No shame intended, I buy bottom-shelf all the time. But I'm not about to pretend my British Knights are '92 Air Jordans.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Scarf posted:

If drinking Early Times alone out of a plastic bottle and vomiting all over the carpet isn't civilized I don't believe in America.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I got a wood toilet seat. Now I sit on wood to poo (and in the mornings, to pee)

I suspect at some point today you will price a wooden toilet seat.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Chroisman posted:

These look really nice and I've been struggling to find a pair of brown shoes that I really like. Could I get the brand and model?

I'm embarrassed, because they are crap. Cross, by Aston Grey, which are the house brand for DSW I think. I used to have the, in my opinion, much nicer Mercer ones, but, daily wear ate through the soles, which, according to reviews, is a not unheard of problem with these cheap brands.

But, they feel great, even fresh out of the box, and I like how they look.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
New fridge. Now I can pretend to be Murican.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Note: The typical American fridge usually has 3 pears leaning to the left, not the right.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Supreme Allah posted:

I got a wood toilet seat. Now I sit on wood to poo (and in the mornings, to pee)

I suspect at some point today you will price a wooden toilet seat.

No because that was the first thing I did when I first got a house. There is nothing like pooping on wood. Kudos to you, wood pooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

davebo posted:

No because that was the first thing I did when I first got a house. There is nothing like pooping on wood. Kudos to you, wood pooper.

But germs and stuff?