Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
If you guys want to see lots of dlc spoilers and updates about item/spell stats:
https://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/74022090
http://archive.foolz.us/vg/thread/74012263 (a lot in this one)
http://archive.foolz.us/vg/thread/73999496/ (towards the middle-end)

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Undocumented change: crystal magic weapon, and probably the other sorcery and hex weapon buffs, now only drain stamina once when applied. This is nice because buffing both blue flames now doesn't leave me almost completely winded just from waving my arms around a little. No time to test stuff in detail, but Soul Shower may have gotten an upgraded graphic to look more powerful, in addition to its other buffs (still haven't actually hit anything with it)

EDIT: Fought a guy named DLC Man with some really fuckin nifty weapons! I'm more hype than ever now for the 22nd.

:siren:I'm pretty sure I killed him with a CSS, but it sounded like a miracle went off and he survived with a sliver - must have been Denial. Also, it looked like he had a crossbow that shot... resonant souls? Hit pretty hard, but nothing like the old Avelyn days. Also, an extendo-whip with a unique moveset and huge range. :sbahj:

Batigh fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 18, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So I wasn't a fan or anything but how is my good buddy Avelyn doing?

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
So much for a Zeus build on my next character.

What do you all think will be an ideal spell setup post-patch?

EDIT: VVVV That would be fun to watch. I'd call that an "in the club" build and make it rain all day.

nohopeindope fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 18, 2014

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

nohopeindope posted:

So much for a Zeus build on my next character.

What do you all think will be an ideal spell setup post-patch?

5 attunements of soul shower, 7 attunements of shockwave.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd guess the normal soul magic has benefited the most from miracles getting nerfed. You're giving up one cast for more damage on average with the Spears and have way more variety. You also get damaging soul magic earlier. Lightning Spear isn't worthless or anything, but with the lack of casts and other options (Emit Force, which deals good damage but is slow, and Wrath of God, which is not a real option unless you're really dedicated to the sentinels or in NG++) it seems more like a side thing than your main damage dealer now.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Invest in Blinding Bolt. It's actually useful now!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Michaellaneous posted:

GRS does not get additional tracking. RS does.

e: GRS gets more damage tho'.

I know, I was asking about the tracking on all the other spells/miracles, while also asking about how much beefier they made GRS.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd guess the normal soul magic has benefited the most from miracles getting nerfed. You're giving up one cast for more damage on average with the Spears and have way more variety. You also get damaging soul magic earlier. Lightning Spear isn't worthless or anything, but with the lack of casts and other options (Emit Force, which deals good damage but is slow, and Wrath of God, which is not a real option unless you're really dedicated to the sentinels or in NG++) it seems more like a side thing than your main damage dealer now.

But how will DSP ever beat another boss? :negative:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zedd posted:

Something tells me they went overboard. :v:

Not really, now they're about on par with the Soul Spears/a still little better since they do lightning damage.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Not really, now they're about on par with the Soul Spears/a still little better since they do lightning damage.

Not quite, they seem a little worse on average for damage. Almost nothing resists lightning damage but stuff that does resist magic is generally still taking more. When you come across something that resists neither, magic pulls way ahead of miracles. Like, Crystal Soul Spear can do around ~400 damage more or ~100 damage less than Sunlight Spear depending on what you're fighting. Lightning Spear is more consistent, however.

edit: whoops, was checking the wrong spell! Turns out Sunlight Spear does 250 to the lions, Crystal Soul Spear does 400. No comparison, really. I'm actually stupid, they both do about 250 at point blank and I hit them twice in succession and it was the cumulative damage.

burntpork posted:

Invest in Blinding Bolt. It's actually useful now!

This legitimately did not even occur to me. I'd forgotten Blinding Bolt existed at all, hah.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 18, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

According to Reddit a Raw Santier's has 380 AR. :v:

Anyone else having trouble downloading this patch?

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Anyone else having trouble downloading this patch?

Mine spent about 3-4 mins on 100% finishing.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
Did this patch fix the dex scaling?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zilkin posted:

Did this patch fix the dex scaling?

There have been officially translated patch notes for about a week now, available from the same spot as always.

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/information/index.html

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Now that Blinding Bolt goes up into the air after it's cast makes it my new favorite miracle. It's like an improved version of Heavenly Thunder.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
+5 Butcher's knife without infusion has 466 AR at 50 str now :) Greatsword is up to 626. King's Ultragreatsword actually does strike damage now! Barbed club sadly is nerfed.

Mace of the insolent now does a lot more nonphysical damage. Still not great but not awful, 180 physical 133 lightning 169 dark, with a lightning infusion.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Incorrect... it has 385!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Did they remove that non-sense weapon degradation via attacking near a corpse?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Gortarius posted:

Did they remove that non-sense weapon degradation via attacking near a corpse?

Probably not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

Wasn't a mundane Santier's 400 something before they nerfed it?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Ice Fist posted:

Probably not.

No, it's still there. Swatting at the air with a corpse nearby and my weapons went down -2 with every swing. Great mechanic. Love it. Very intuitive.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't a mundane Santier's 400 something before they nerfed it?

Mundane is half base damage + mundane bonus. If your lowest stat is 20 (~sl125) you got 100+170 pre-nerf. +3 damage for every point after that, so you'd need to get to near max for it to be that strong.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
A +10 dark silverblack spear with rob+1 has 472 AR, nice. Lightning Heide spear has 438. Archdrake mace has a now respectable 440ish.

Most of the buffs I haven't mentioned seem to have just brought bad weapons closer to the best weapons in the class. So the hammers that were buffed are now only a little bit worse than the mace instead of way worse. Some of the buffs are tiny, like the Zweihander and the Drake Warpick gained 10 AR.

Havels' armor went down by about 100 defense, and the poise was only increased from 120 to 132.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Was the Mirrah great sword nerfed?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gortarius posted:

No, it's still there. Swatting at the air with a corpse nearby and my weapons went down -2 with every swing. Great mechanic. Love it. Very intuitive.

It's the price you pay for 60 fps.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They didn't stop healing in Dragon PVP :argh: Estus flasks are too fast to use and heal for too much unless you have a heavy damage gimmick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

Mundane is half base damage + mundane bonus. If your lowest stat is 20 (~sl125) you got 100+170 pre-nerf. +3 damage for every point after that, so you'd need to get to near max for it to be that strong.

Ha, so it's even better than it was before? That gives me high hopes for my GRS then. I still don't understand what the tracking changes refer to though. Lightning spears aren't homing or anything now are they?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Stone soldier spear was buffed from 170 to 190 and also got A dex scaling, which basically means it got a 55 damage buff. :getin:

e: It doesn't seem like much at first but considering that it was hitting for 150 damage against heavily armored dudes, it's pretty huge. Now against Drangleic assholes I'm at least hitting 250.
e2: And almost 200 against Havels.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 18, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Ha, so it's even better than it was before? That gives me high hopes for my GRS then. I still don't understand what the tracking changes refer to though. Lightning spears aren't homing or anything now are they?

No. I've had an enemy sidestep it while testing damage. It's kinda hard to test on a lot of enemies because they just run straight at you.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Control Volume posted:

Stone soldier spear was buffed from 170 to 190 and also got A dex scaling, which basically means it got a 55 damage buff. :getin:

e: It doesn't seem like much at first but considering that it was hitting for 150 damage against heavily armored dudes, it's pretty huge. Now against Drangleic assholes I'm at least hitting 250.

Jokes on you, red iron twinblade is up to 340 AR with A str scaling. +112 damage at 40 str without rob. Santiers is 380 raw.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Control Volume posted:

All the crappy spears are now really good. Have you tried out Dragonslayer Spear? I have yet to see how they buffed it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Genocyber posted:

All the crappy spears are now really good. Have you tried out Dragonslayer Spear? I have yet to see how they buffed it.

It can hit around 500 AR from what I saw on reddit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Actually, gently caress the crossbow. I'm starting a new run to see if they buffed Daggers are not. So fun to use, but so useless on bosses.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TastyAvocado posted:

Archdrake mace has a now respectable 440ish.

Wow is that before scaling is added? The wikis say its base damage was 220 at +10 before the patch and I remember wanting to use it but being really disappointed in how low the damage was, so this could be really waesome.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

what has been buffed the most significantly? how good is ornsteins spear now?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

What is the spoiler policy for the DLC here? Would people like to see screenshots/videos of the new weapons?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Filthy Monkey posted:

What is the spoiler policy for the DLC here? Would people like to see screenshots/videos of the new weapons?

Yes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Don't think there is any policy, but personally I'd rather not see that stuff. If it's just links I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

spoiler tag it