Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's also Jolyne setting herself on fire. Jolyne is the best Jojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Got to agree, I finally got around to finishing SBR and it is excellent. The only real problem I had with it was almost everything after the introduction of Love Train. The first half of the fight was so good too.

So many great stands but I really think my favourite has to be Tatoo You! Such a cool little stand, can't wait to see animated.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I honestly can't decide if I like Pucci or Valentine more as main villains, and I can't decide which fights and stands were the best in parts 6 and 7, but I really liked Civil War as a concept for a battle and I love how part 7 contrasts and compares with the very beginning of Jojo. Parts 6 and 7 had some great melodramatic backstories and it seems like part 8 is shaping up to have them too.

A big reason why I liked part 7 is the totally insane progression it has (huge spoilers for part 7): from just a paralyzed former horse jockey trying to compete in a horse race trying to find out the secret technique behind spinning steel balls, to having the president of the united states use the power of a girl impregnated with the corpse of Jesus Christ to deflect a fingernail shot like a bullet to the other side of the world . I can't think of anything else that has the incredible progression part 7 has, pretty much in anything.

I really hope Jojolion is going to continue being part 4 only where all the characters are taken from David Lynch scripts and given stands. Like half the people in part 8 so far are huge creeps and I'm expecting it to only get weirder from now on out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Am I the only one that liked the second Diego fight?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I liked how that person was defeated and by whom.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I really like how it went from "Valentine's dead, YAAA- oh great another fight? Part's over dude its time to go hom- OH poo poo The World." The fight itself was also pretty good, but I just really like that defeating the main villain did not automatically end the conflict.

edit: I guess we're using spoilers

Random blabber fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 15, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The second Diego fight was fantastic for all the insane poo poo that happened plus him getting killed by Lucy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how he uses his fangirls as a shield to avoid Tusk. That's just vintage Dio.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how he uses his fangirls as a shield to avoid Tusk. That's just vintage Dio.

Also he literally stops time to light a paraplegic man on fire. I loving love that fight.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Since he has the world shouldn't we call him DIEGO.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I really like how that fight ended, since I prefer being 'tricked into losing' to losing in a proper stand battle with little to no trickery.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
That first Valentine fight was confusing as hell though with everyone trying to figure out who shot Johnny?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QyMXAu-kt0

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I know the context of all this, and I still don't know what the gently caress I'm looking at

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
That bottom right panel gets me every time.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I really really hope the re-release of the manga does well enough here to get a good translation of part 5. Also the anime.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I just got to Bohemian Rhapsody and this is literally the craziest thing! Was not expecting cameos from Mazinger, Tetsujin, and Astro Boy. They think they're so cool.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I still love that Bohemian Rhapsody ends with Van Gogh drawing Weather Report an OC whose power it is to make everything normal. He builds his own deus ex machina.

Kabanaw fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 17, 2014

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Part 6's stands are absolutely bugfuck nutso, even by Jojo standards. A stand that can revive the dead as zombies and also the zombies are invisible, a guy who can make it rain poison frogs from another continent which is somehow a weather-based power, a stand that can make anyone incapable of remembering more than three new things at a time (Araki must have just seen Memento), a sentient plankton colony that adopts human form and intelligence and can shoot plankton bullets and patch up wounds with plankton, a dude who can bring any drawn character to life (even ones that have super powers and were just made up seconds ago and drawn by one of the other drawings) and force people to undergo the original stories that the characters are from, and a stand who can punch you to make two spiritual CDs pop out of your head so he can steal your stand and your memories and put them into any living thing, including plankton and birds.

poo poo like this makes Part 2's chariot race look sane. And they all sorta make sense within the confines of the story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Soulcleaver posted:

and a stand who can punch you to make two spiritual CDs pop out of your head so he can steal your stand and your memories and put them into any living thing, including plankton and birds.

Don't forget that it was also capable of creating illusions through putting people to sleep and making them dream up vivid hallucinations while they were out cold or just outright make people hallucinate things as other things.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

FirstAidKite posted:

or just outright make people hallucinate things as other things.
Like mistaking Whitesnake for a good band? :haw:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Don't forget that it was also capable of creating illusions through putting people to sleep and making them dream up vivid hallucinations while they were out cold or just outright make people hallucinate things as other things.

Also, it was able to make CDs of people's memories/stands before CDs existed.
Unless they were records or something back then, I guess.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Whitesnake's predecessor stands in days of yore could punch people to make phonographs or sheet music pop out the their victims' heads. Sooo.... Heaven's Door.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Also, it was able to make CDs of people's memories/stands before CDs existed.
Unless they were records or something back then, I guess.

They were 8-tracks.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Remember that Whitesnake also once shoved a real physical music CD into some schmuck's head so they could be a jukebox to his celebrating something.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews for today's episode: http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/16.html

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This looks like it could be a forum icon.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The kebab scene :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

YggdrasilTM posted:

The kebab scene :allears:

It was great :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never get tired of the fact that Dan spent several minutes trying to sell Joseph on meat kebabs.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Beef Waifu posted:

I never get tired of the fact that Dan spent several minutes trying to sell Joseph on meat kebabs.

I like to imagine they spent 10 minutes haggling and it was a way to waste time until Enya's fleshbud was activated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I forgot Steely Dan cheated Joseph out of some of his money before trying to kill him. That's fantastic. :allears:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Beef Waifu posted:

Even better is the fact that Dan comments to himself about how much he usually sells them for, implying he's been there selling kebabs for quite some time.

So is there a reason why Joseph couldn't just ripple himself to vaporize the flesh bud? It kind of seems like a no-brainer.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
He wasn't infected with a Flesh Bud. It was actually Lovers loving with his nerves. If he tried to use the Ripple on it, it would probably work about as well as his first attack on the Empress.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm pretty sure he says he's infecting his brain cells with a fleshbud.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not at all. Lovers can only redirect pain from Dan to the person Lovers is attached to and turn dead cells into clones. The thing with the flesh bud and Enya was that she already had a bud inside her and Lovers just messed with it so it would kill her.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He said Joseph would die like Enya with tentacles. He's carrying fleshbud cells to Joseph's brain.

Edit: at least that's how I interpret it. I'm not sure how else he was going to kill Joseph.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 18, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The blood-brain barrier would clearly prevent Joseph from using the Ripple on his own brain without possibly scrambling his eggs. Young Joseph would have probably improved from the experience but old Joseph has things to do and Japanese women to cheat on his wife with.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

He said Joseph would die like Enya with tentacles. He's carrying fleshbud cells to Joseph's brain.

Edit: at least that's how I interpret it. I'm not sure how else he was going to kill Joseph.

Oh wait, you're right he does mention that he had Lovers bring a bud flesh into there. Although it seems like he hadn't actually put it into Joseph's head or anything, I don't think it was explained very well. Anyways, he could've easily killed Joseph through frying his brain from pain, it's not like that was the only way he had to kill Joseph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Man, I had totally forgotten the "Stands can change size" plot point from The Lovers, I don't remember it being ever brought up again, except for maybe Little Feet and Goo Goo Dolls, but I'm not sure that counts if it's a different stand power causing it.

• Locked thread