Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Has this been posted here? Just showed up in my email today:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/afa-targets-burger-king-promoting-and-encouraging-abhorrent-behavior-proud-whopper

Because only guys can be gay, and messages of unity and support immediately make the mind jump to the ickiest part of any relationship.

Every time I go to a "family" restaurant all I can think about is people having sex to make families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Because only guys can be gay, and messages of unity and support immediately make the mind jump to the ickiest part of any relationship.

Trying to decide where to eat when it's not already planned out? Or being taken to stores you aren't interested in shopping in at all?

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Keep in mind that a lot of the Gen X crowd 1) grew up in the 1980's when the economy was good and Reagan was God, and 2) got out of school and got established careers before everything went to poo poo in 2008. Of course they're conservative.

And the reason I don't worry about the conservative bent of Gen X'ers is that they are a relatively small percentage of the population. They are outnumbered by both boomers, Millenials, and whatever we end up calling the generation after Millenials.

Gen X was born in that big dip between 60's and 80's

A lot of the population growth during that generation was filled out with immigrants, who aren't really supporters of the Republicans even if they individually hold conservative opinions. Basically, they don't have the numbers to politically dominate in the way Boomers have. As soon as Millenials get out of that young voter apathy stage, it is going to be all about them.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

quote:

"When people sit down to eat a hamburger," Fischer said, "the last thing they want to be thinking about is two guys having sex"

That quote just made me laugh uncontrollably.

Like that's a quote I would expect to be spoken by Kenny Powers, Stephen Colbert or that would appear in "The Onion"

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
This isn't real, right?
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/joey-ligotti-union-worker-at-logan-is-the-most-ridiculous-person-ive-ever-seen/

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Slightly Toasted posted:

I would rather think about a couple of guys going at it over what's actually in the burger iunno about you guys

<Chef Barth> "What do you think's IN the burgers?" <Chef Barth>

God, that guy looks like half the guys I grew up with's dads. Except fatter.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 18, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Edit:
He's almost definitely a member of the Teamsters Union.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Has this been posted here? Just showed up in my email today:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/afa-targets-burger-king-promoting-and-encouraging-abhorrent-behavior-proud-whopper

I love that whenever homosexuality comes up, for some reason his intrusive thoughts are always about gay MALE sex. Do lesbians and "hot girl-on-girl action" not exist in his world?

Gays are never going away. If Fischer can't help but obsess about gay sex, he should try to lie back and think of scissoring.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Is that the same dude that was once made fun of in a Webcam Ward?

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
At least they picked the right hamburger to celebrate gayness with; whopper = huge schlong.

Wouldn't have the same impact if they would have gone with anything else, right?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rhesus Pieces posted:

If Fischer can't help but obsess about gay sex, he should try to lie back and think of scissoring.

I think there is probably an extremely repressed reason that he constantly thinks about dudes loving whenever he sees a rainbow pattern.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
And actually I'm pretty sure you had to order that Whopper specifically (even though the whole point was that it's exactly the same as the regular whopper), so if you were eating one you probably wouldn't mind thinking about gay sex.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
I thought Spitting Image ended in 1996? Did they start making hideous puppets again?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
btw American Christians already have their own BK burger in the Angry Whopper. :mad:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

mojo1701a posted:

Is that the same dude that was once made fun of in a Webcam Ward?

yeah definitely.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Holy crap this guy isn't real right? Its some dude in like a fatsuit, right?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

It is definitely very disturbing to me. I don't really remember much about MTV at that same age, although I think I may have been the only person I ever knew who had a crush on Kennedy, definitely makes me sad.

I liked Duff. She was pretty :allears:

John Norris was pretty cool too, a fellow hometown Houston guy. And upon some googling, he hasn't turned into a shitlord like some of these others.

e:

i missed a page and

ahahahahahaha

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Trying to decide where to eat when it's not already planned out? Or being taken to stores you aren't interested in shopping in at all?

Did you quote the wrong post here?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

btw American Christians already have their own BK burger in the Angry Whopper. :mad:

This is goddamn funny though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Did you quote the wrong post here?

No, he was referring to sex in general as the most icky part of a relationship and I found that a bit weird. Either that or he's singling out male gay sex as being icky, which I would dispute considering how many men love the idea of sticking their dick in a girls butt.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So I went to the movies today and this ad showed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADn0v3d80HU

for this event

Glen Beck and Michelle Malkin are doing a movie about the evils of common core.

quote:

Glenn Beck and Fathom Events invite you to your local movie theatre to experience a live national night of action against Common Core. WE WILL NOT CONFORM is a chance for anyone who’s tired of sitting idly by as the federal government continues its takeover of our schools to come together and do something about it.

WE WILL NOT CONFORM isn’t a typical show, it’s an interactive experience where theatregoers will work with experts like Michelle Malkin, David Barton and others in pursuit of real, tangible strategies to wake up our friends and neighbors and make our voices heard. This isn’t an evening about observing, it’s a chance to learn, share and engage with people as frustrated and motivated as you are. By the end of the night, the brainpower, experience, and passion of thousands of people from around the country will be captured in a comprehensive, unified plan of action distributed to all participants.

To Common Core supporters who thought they would win through silence, this night will be a very loud wake-up call. If you are sick of the endless rhetoric, futile debates, and useless advice about changing the system at the ballot box, then WE WILL NOT CONFORM is the event you’ve been waiting for.

quote:

We all want our children to be the best and brightest in the world, but a top-down, one-size-fits-all solution is not a solution at all. It’s no coincidence that the more the federal government has gotten involved in education, the worse things have become–so why would we tolerate more of it? As former Obama “Regulatory Czar” Cass Sunstein recently wrote about, studies have shown that governments can “greatly affect students’ thinking.” A recent study in China proved that “government planners were able to succeed in altering students’ views on fundamental questions about their nation.” If Common Core succeeds, the ability of an administration to influence curriculum at a national level will be unprecedented…and unstoppable.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
:psyduck: Isn't the entire republican party about conformity though?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So I went to the movies today and this ad showed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADn0v3d80HU

for this event

Glen Beck and Michelle Malkin are doing a movie about the evils of common core.

Don't forget David Barton. He is in some ways worse then Malkin, because he has a pretty big following, with people who dont understand history.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

By the end of the night, the brainpower, experience, and passion of thousands of people from around the country will be captured in a comprehensive, unified plan of action distributed to all participants.

quote:

...AMC Theaters stated that they take these matters seriously and are already investigating how thousands of "KILL ALL N****RS" pamphlets came to litter the parking lots of 142 separate locations over the course of one night.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Psygnosis posted:

The only good conformity is my conformity!

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

ARRRRG!!

That's basically all conservatism is now. Paranoid, inarticulate rage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

beatlegs posted:

ARRRRG!!

That's basically all conservatism is now. Paranoid, inarticulate rage.

I'd say it's basically that, being herded around by con-men who are in on the joke to varying degrees.

Edit: At least my chosen con-men have to pay lip service to actually helping people, as opposed to Republicans who demand their elected reps show some courage and start shooting refugee children by the hundreds.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 19, 2014

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Psygnosis posted:

Yes. And no, at the same time. They're all for conforming to their cultures and standards but are also about being able to freely choice to do so in first place. Obviously anybody that stops and thinks hard enough will become conservative, liberals are just deluded and misinformed, often deliberately.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yes. And no, at the same time. They're all for conforming to their cultures and standards but are also about being able to freely choice to do so in first place. Obviously anybody that stops and thinks hard enough will become conservative, liberals are just deluded and misinformed, often deliberately.

This is pretty clearly demonstrated when they say "Gays already have the freedom to marry, they just have to marry a member of the opposite sex" without a hint of irony. In their America you are free to do anything as long as they approve. You also have the freedom to stop other people from doing anything they don't approve of. It's freedom all the way down!

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 19, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

You other old timers remember Kennedy from MTV back in the 90s? I had no idea she got into the right wing media thing. Heard a bit of Andy Dean when I was out earlier tonight getting groceries, and she was filling in for him. I didn't make the connection at first, but after a few minutes I was like wait, Kennedy from MTV? Sure enough. Also she apparently has a show on Fox Business or some poo poo. I had no idea. Never liked her. Even dumb teenage me could tell there was something distasteful about her.

Warcabbit posted:

She wrote a book, she is a conservative, has always been one, and most of MTV was not.
Honestly, she's kind a thoughtless horrible person who distorts reality to her favor.

Yuuuuuuup

quote:

Montgomery is a libertarian and a registered Republican, describing herself as a "Republitarian". She even has a pink Republican elephant tattooed on her upper left thigh.[1] On her Facebook page, she has Sen. Rand Paul and Rep. Justin Amash in her likes section. She actively supported Gary Johnson's 2012 presidential campaign.

She is a supporter of same-sex marriage, pro-choice, privatizing social security, opposes the War on Drugs, and opposes bureaucratic regulations.

When Montgomery joined MTV in 1992, she said “I didn’t dare out myself as a conservative” in her early months at MTV. At MTV’s 1993 Rock ’n’ Roll Inaugural Ball for Bill Clinton, she chanted, Nixon now! Nixon now!”, whenever the Clintons went on stage. Along with being a fan of Richard Nixon, she supported Dan Quayle and Bob Dole. She was also a speaker at the 1996 Republican National Convention.

She later abandoned conservatism. Montgomery said that "Social conservatism was really bringing me down, and I realized, as time went on, that I wasn't a Bush conservative. I was really a libertarian." She was first introduced to libertarianism when Kurt Loder suggested she read Ayn Rand's Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology.

:suicide:

She just sounds like SE Cupp, or a lovely Ann Coulter, someone that exists to stick it to those darn liberals with their wacky opinions. And noone actually liked Dan Quayle, that's ridiculous.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:lol: And here I was thinking Kurt Loder made himself look like a disaffected rear end in a top hat who wanted to be anywhere else to look cool. Turns out he really was.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:lol: And here I was thinking Kurt Loder made himself look like a disaffected rear end in a top hat who wanted to be anywhere else to look cool. Turns out he really was.
I always thought he wanted to be somewhere else because he was 25 years older than everyone else on the MTV.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He's like 10 years older than the original on-air talent at MTV. Dude was drafted in Vietnam.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
He was from Rolling Stone. He had credentials that these TV people did not. He KNEW Rock and Roll.

He hated them all like Mitt Romney's wife being forced to attend a blue collar sewing circle.

(I hear stories from various places)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No, he was referring to sex in general as the most icky part of a relationship and I found that a bit weird.

Wouldn't it be though? Like, in 100% of relationships there's going to be some bumping of uglies, exchange of bodily fluids, and potential disease spreading. Kinda defines icky.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Warcabbit posted:

He was from Rolling Stone. He had credentials that these TV people did not. He KNEW Rock and Roll.

Yeah.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with guys like him and Penn Jillette honestly. They're not bad people, they just are naive on a few things.

When the discussion is not them discussing their own politics? Perfectly fine. I do think Loder was great in his role at MTV.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with guys like him and Penn Jillette honestly. They're not bad people, they just are naive on a few things.

When the discussion is not them discussing their own politics? Perfectly fine. I do think Loder was great in his role at MTV.

Being willfully naive when you are wealthy and privileged makes you a bad person.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah.

It's not like 'bad people' in the sense that fuckin Putin is a bad person, but guys like Penn and poo poo understand what they're doing, they're pushing a really harmful, ignorant rear end, agenda to a crowd that thinks they're smart and beyond questioning. They're not TERRIBLE PEOPLE but they're kinda lovely yea.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Bullshit episode about WalMart should be all you need to know that Penn Jilette's a bad person.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Wouldn't it be though? Like, in 100% of relationships there's going to be some bumping of uglies, exchange of bodily fluids, and potential disease spreading. Kinda defines icky.

Well I suppose. To me, there's a lot of places in this world I wouldn't stick my face and/or tongue out of disgust and my lovers nethers make the cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
My go to example of Penn being a moron is when he declared recycling to be bullshit because it wasn't profitable as if that was the point of doing it.