Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone know the int/faith scaling for pyromancy? How often should I upgrade those stats for a pyromancer character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tetracube posted:

Anyone know the int/faith scaling for pyromancy? How often should I upgrade those stats for a pyromancer character?

Not at all. The damage boost is not worth the stat investment. Go 50 Att instead; that'll get you extra casts and casting speed in addition to a ton of slots.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wow is that before scaling is added? The wikis say its base damage was 220 at +10 before the patch and I remember wanting to use it but being really disappointed in how low the damage was, so this could be really waesome.

After scaling.

Filthy Monkey posted:

What is the spoiler policy for the DLC here? Would people like to see screenshots/videos of the new weapons?

I agree, just link it/spoiler tag it.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Tetracube posted:

Just upgrade your pyromancy hand and upgrade attunement. Some of the more powerful pyromancies have low casts, so it's better just to have more casts and more of them attuned. The other powerful pyromancies require multiple slots, so it's good to have more spell slots for that.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

VAC's still not back. Wow.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
No official patch notes even on Steam :\

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Any L33T Haxx0rs know if they added the ~secret item~ to the game's files? I'd imagine they did it now since the 22nd is just around the corner.

Also, anyone got hard numbers on the Partizan's new damage ratings?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Alabaster White posted:

Any L33T Haxx0rs know if they added the ~secret item~ to the game's files? I'd imagine they did it now since the 22nd is just around the corner.

All the DLC items are in.

I am in the middle of restoring my table. Should not take long at all.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

With 50 str/40dex and the rob+1 it has 371 ar, same as the stone soldier spear.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tetracube posted:

Everything they said is wrong. The Pyromancy flame is affected by your Fire BNS stat, and that can be increased by faith and intelligence. But I am not sure if it is the most important factor.

e: 60 Int and Faith is the softcap and gives you a whopping 147 fire damage. Which is a 50% damage increase on a fully leveled flame.

e2: Or more than double the damage of an unleveled one.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 18, 2014

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I have no idea what the ~secret item~ is, and I have the whole list of items.

Here is a video I just made for an interesting new weapon. Might need a few minutes to process still. I am sure it will be popular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4YLcz4nJgw
Going to try and sort out some shadowplay issues before I make more. I did this one via fraps and encoded with ripbot, but it is slower.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well this is strange.

They cloned the item tables for some reason.

If that's their protection against modified AR and such, I'm not sure how effective that will be.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 18, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Well this is strange.

They cloned the item tables for some reason.

If that's their protection against modified AR and such, I'm not sure how effective that will be.

What do you mean, cloned? They did not change any values or just copy pasted it so there are two tables?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It looks like they copy and pasted the tables in two different spots now.

Not sure what the point of that is.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 18, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

It looks like they copy and pasted the tables in two different spots now.

Not sure what the point of that is.

Mabye only one is actually used, and that should confuse the hackers?

It really won't tho'.

Maybe they are just bad developers?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TastyAvocado posted:

With 50 str/40dex and the rob+1 it has 371 ar, same as the stone soldier spear.

Base damage, not AR. I want to know if it'll be better for infusion than the Heide Spear.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Michaellaneous posted:

Mabye only one is actually used, and that should confuse the hackers?

It really won't tho'.

Maybe they are just bad developers?

They could do comparisons between them I suppose, but all you'd need to do to foil that is change both tables at once.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

They could do comparisons between them I suppose, but all you'd need to do to foil that is change both tables at once.

Yeah, I was about to say. Having one table serverside would be smarter, since client side security does not work.

I am thinking what that could be usefull for. I am struggling to find a reason.

Are the tables completly identical?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Michaellaneous posted:

Are the tables completly identical?

Looks that way from a cursory examination. Even the junk bits seem identical.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

Base damage, not AR. I want to know if it'll be better for infusion than the Heide Spear.

It has 230 base damage. It's significantly worse than the Heide spear infused.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Looks that way from a cursory examination. Even the junk bits seem identical.

Then am just going to assume that is a misstake.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

Everything they said is wrong. The Pyromancy flame is affected by your Fire BNS stat, and that can be increased by faith and intelligence. But I am not sure if it is the most important factor.

No it ain't. We never said it doesn't scale, just that it doesn't scale enough to be worth the large investment.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Michaellaneous posted:

Then am just going to assume that is a misstake.

Eh, I'm going to be paranoid and assume it's some kind of incredibly weak cheat protection and just change both if I want something edited.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Genocyber posted:

No it ain't. We never said it doesn't scale, just that it doesn't scale enough to be worth the large investment.

Oh, sorry, I apologise for that. Didn't see that correctly.
I would still say, with a full magic char, having 60 int and faith is not that bad, and 50% more damage is decent as well.

Tallgeese posted:

Eh, I'm going to be paranoid and assume it's some kind of incredibly weak cheat protection and just change both if I want something edited.

I would honestly cut them some at least some slack and say that was an error but okay. Did From have anything close to an cheat protection up to this point anyway?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

No, but the patch notes claimed they had something to fix "abnormal damage values". This might be it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

Oh, sorry, I apologise for that. Didn't see that correctly.
I would still say, with a full magic char, having 60 int and faith is not that bad, and 50% more damage is decent as well.

Yeah it's not like it's unhelpful, just not worth leveling those if you're just using pyro, at least until you've leveled your other stats up high.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well then maybe it is not an anti cheat protection but simply a table as backup if values suddenly change due to a bug.

Genocyber posted:

Yeah it's not like it's unhelpful, just not worth leveling those if you're just using pyro, at least until you've leveled your other stats up high.

Absolutely. I am still confused by the fact that it gets that bonus anyway since I always saw pyromancy as kinda the support for a melee character.

I guess that is why the bonus is so small.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The swinging R2s of the regular, basic spear do Strike damage now, in addition to getting some general damage buffs. That owns.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Okay, quick spear report, with str/dex at 40/40.

First, the short poo poo:
Channeler's trident is no longer king poo poo of the spear damage mountain, it got a 20 damage nerf while the rest of the spears got buffs, and just for base damage alone it's on parity with the winged spear; it comes out at 324 AR after scaling. Gargoyle's bident seems to have the top damage with an AR of 368 at 40 strength. As far as pure dex spears go, the winged spear comes out with 343 AR with the partisan falling behind by 8 damage points but getting a decent strong attack (keep in mind both these numbers are at 40 strength so they're a tiny bit inflated). Normal spear is at 322 AR and takes much less stamina to use, but it still sucks, its a starting spear what do you expect

The long poo poo:
The pike is the worst of the lot with higher weight and less attack than the stone spear. The stone spear gets 330 AR and the longest range. Pate's spear gets 350 AR, slightly shorter range, and some lance moves. Pate's spear is the best spear to enchant since it has the highest base AR at 270 now. Good poo poo all around!

The elemental poo poo at 16/25 str/dex and 30/40 int/faith:
The spitfire spear is still a complete joke, don't use it. The Dragonslayer spear was doing ~400 damage for a good hit on the starting FotG hollows and 250 damage with the lightning. A dark silverblack spear was doing 415 damage a hit, and a lightning heide spear was doing 445. All these are counter values with the leo ring on, but when I hit them at max range, they took around 300 damage for the heide and silverblack and 260 for the dragonslayer. With resistances and stuff with players/higher level enemies, I'm guessing the DS spear trades being worse overall for the strong lightning attack. The Heide has better counter attack values (possibly since it's based on physical AR?) and the silverblack has more elemental attack. Hard to compare with normal spears without a lot of testing since resistances make things all weird.

The dex poo poo at 12/40 str/dex:
This is just for comparing the winged spear and partisan for a pure dex build, the winged spear has 331 AR and the partisan has 327 AR with these stats.

So in summary:
A lightning heide spear is probably the best PVE spear. For long spears, Pate's spear is probably the best choice for most people unless you want the extra range or don't like some of the lance moves. The Bident is the best strength spear and highest damage spear overall, the winged spear/partisan are the best dex spears, and the trident isn't the best for damage anymore so only pick it for the loving amazing moveset. In my opinion the dragonslayer spear is a gimmick and not worth it overall. Spitfire spear is poo poo as always, and the spear/pike are outclassed by other options.

basically a lot of spears own now

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

I have no idea what the ~secret item~ is...

Apparently it's a reskinned Murakumo with a blackened texture. That's it. Not even different damage values. This is according to /reddit/ at least. Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/887/887898/

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 18, 2014

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah, I also looked at the new DLC spear:
It's more like a lance-like santier's spear, with lance R1s and weird slashy poo poo thrown in everywhere else

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Anyone know how much reapers got buffed? I really like the great scythe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What spear turns me into the Red Viper of Dorn (besides the pink kind)?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Either Santier's spear for the twinblade moves or, if you need to have a real spear, the partisan since its strong attack is a horizontal slash.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

What spear turns me into the Red Viper of Dorn (besides the pink kind)?

Santier's is the best since it's the spinnest. Make it poison and you're good to go.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Another new weapon. Three pictures. Seems like a solid entry. Good speed, and thrusts on both the 1h and 2h strong attacks.
https://imgur.com/rIHSdpP,z7VHzO2,9rE4Ylo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh boy, doing some pvp testing now and I'm learning all the stupid little differences between weapons that aren't obvious. Most spears have a significant step forward on the second R1 of a combo, but the pike and Pate's spear do not. This makes the range difference between the stone soldier spear and Pate's spear much more obvious. Also makes the pike even less competitive than it already is.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uhm.. The Penal Straightjacket is bugged :(

(It doesn't load in the "tucked in" hairstyle)

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm not liking the Blacksteel Katana even post buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The second item table is probably junk in an IO buffer or something. Unless it's static data inside the game binary itself in which case I have no idea what the gently caress.