Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Four Roses got bought up and passed around for a while until it ended up under Kirin, who mainly uses it to distill for the export market. What they sell here in the states is reasonably cheap for its taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
If you guys ever see Southern Tier beer for sale, do yourselves a favor and give it a try. It's a bit pricey but I've never had one of their brews I didn't like. Pumking in particular is a real treat.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
What's the website where you can see how Senate members voted on something?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SirKibbles posted:

What's the website where you can see how Senate members voted on something?

thomas.loc.gov i think.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ReidRansom posted:

thomas.loc.gov i think.

Thanks for answering

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReidRansom posted:

thomas.loc.gov i think.

That's being replaced with the much improved https://beta.congress.gov/

edit: Oh, it auto-forwards now :downs:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning!

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

good afternoon

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How has everyone's day been while we've been asleep? Any new atrocities my media won't report on because it's about foreigners?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
things have been okay. today is my day off so i went to the store and bought some things. it looks like its finna rain soon which is nice in the summer since it lowers the temperature :)

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Unzip and Attack posted:

If you guys ever see Southern Tier beer for sale, do yourselves a favor and give it a try. It's a bit pricey but I've never had one of their brews I didn't like. Pumking in particular is a real treat.
Pumking is the bomb and it's also like 12% abv

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seventy five in July? Global warming my rear end.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Swan Oat posted:

things have been okay. today is my day off so i went to the store and bought some things. it looks like its finna rain soon which is nice in the summer since it lowers the temperature :)

Noice. I've got next week off from work and have to do some jobs around the house, bit or painting that sort of thing.

And now I have summer rain stuck in my head.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it's night here and it's still loving burning hot. if i don't make it through the night, tell the world i said 'gently caress you'

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
do not order pbr at a bar!! don't do it!!

buy it in singles at the shady corner store run by the guy who always stares slightly past you as he rings you up, then drink it alone in a badly lit room.

this is the secret to a long life

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

there is a local bar that serves pbr tall boys for 2 dollars all night and i think thats a good deal, for beer at a bar

also the urinal at that bar has a sticker for a band run by a guy i used to get in internet arguments about politics on livejournal with and i like to pee on it, it reminds me of the old days

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Last time I had PBR was at a baseball game. Either Detroit or Cincinnati, I forget which.

Beer sales at ball games confuse me because it's $9 for 16oz of Bud Light or $10 for 12oz of a local brew, but you have to hunt the local booth out and it's always shoved in the corner of the stadium furthest from your seat.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

there is a local bar that serves pbr tall boys for 2 dollars all night and i think thats a good deal, for beer at a bar

drat thats decent, actually. one thing i miss from living in pdx is that all the bars i went to would usually do draft pbr for $1 during happy hour. which was great for an impoverished, fresh out of college, randroid.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its not a poor financial decision if i can pay for it with laundry money. - me, five years ago

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I remember when I first moved up here to College Station in the early 00s you could get Pearl in a can for 75 cents at the Chicken. Domestic chuggers (that's 32 oz) were $1.75/$1.25 HH pretty much everywhere. It was a good time and place to be a broke drunk.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pearl is what LBJ drank when he drove his amphibious car around his ranch.

He used to invite people over, not tell them it was an amphibious car, and then pretend the brakes were failing and drive into the lake.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
speaking of getting drunk, anyone else seen the NeuNeoCon manifesto in the New Republic? some dorkus somewhere said it was magisterial and from where im standing it looks like a whole bunch of :words: that basically amount to "yeah american doesnt have a quote-unquote interest in dumbass foreign adventures, but we have to keep doing them. because: "

also it posits americas choice between isolationism and intervention as though its a choice between being tokugawa japan and periclean athens. which is like, can i flip a coin and then kill myself instead?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Water is preferable to Pabst, in my opinion.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

can i flip a coin and then kill myself instead?

I think we both know the answer to that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*holds up coin like TwoFace*

heads, my are self. tails, gordon's daughter.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hedera Helix posted:

Water is preferable to Pabst, in my opinion.

I don't know if we get Pabst here. What's it comparable to?

Don't say piss.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

Fosters.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

He used to invite people over, not tell them it was an amphibious car, and then pretend the brakes were failing and drive into the lake.
Got to love that guy.

Cheap beer for me is either PBR or Olympia. Why yes, I would like a 12 pack for $6.99!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

A good president.

Mostly. Or partly at least. A good person, in any case. Mostly.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that phonecall where lbj is complaining about his pants cutting into his nuts and his knife falling out of his pocket is like old_southern_man.txt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's interesting how much effort LBJ spent trying to project confidence, whether in confrontations with colleagues, or discussions with his tailor, or driving cars into lakes, when we now know (thanks to the taping system) how totally insecure he was that he'd be perceived as weak in his policy toward Vietnam and how much that insecurity became a crippling obsession.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if you believe rick perlstein, lbjs insecurity also let nixon play him like a fiddle during the run up to the 68 election

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alternate answer:

I said don't say piss!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Did you go out to Johnson City when you were down here? I love the Hill Country.

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 18, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

It's interesting how much effort LBJ spent trying to project confidence, whether in confrontations with colleagues, or discussions with his tailor, or driving cars into lakes, when we now know (thanks to the taping system) how totally insecure he was that he'd be perceived as weak in his policy toward Vietnam and how much that insecurity became a crippling obsession.

It may have been from you that I read it at some point, but didn't he also whip his dick out in front of a reporter once as a projection of confidence?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Did you go out to Johnson City when you were down here?

Sadly I was on a pretty strict timeline because I was visiting for work and only got to visit bits of downtown Austin.

The first day I was there I walked a few blocks to the statehouse in the 90+ degree weather with the crippling humidity and had so much sweat pouring down when I walked in that the security guards couldn't help laughing.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Don't say piss.

You know how there are good beers, made lovingly and individually bottled with a unique flavor but they cost a lot, and then there are cheap mass produced beers that taste like piss but are good for getting drunk? PBR is the best of the cheap mass produced beers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Alternate answer:

I said don't say piss!

No, PBR is better than Fosters. It's more like... Carlsberg.

Place near me does $1 PBR drafts all day Sunday. They also do bottomless mimosas for $10. The food is only decent so they gotta compete with their neighbor, which is one of the best brunch places in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Pedernales by Johnson City is a nice place.

I'm at a restaurant/bar right now. Should I get chicken fried steak, a hot dog, or a chicken parm sandwich? Help!

• Locked thread