Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have to agree. I'm definitely ready for something to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Silento posted:

Hey man, haven't you ever played a kMMO? :v:

Admittedly not, but that doesn't mean that the comic needs to read like one! :gonk:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Why exactly would his mother be safer in the US than Korea? It's not like the bad guys are based in Korea or anything. I suppose she's less likely to accidentally caught up in it when he's attacked in his room or something, but if they decided to kidnap her it wouldn't make much of a difference.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He's just doing the normal teenager thing of only thinking about the place around him.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh, I thought he was going to use his time barrier for some extended power-studying! Instead, nope, it's more grinding ogres!

I kind of wish that they'd move on faster. What I enjoyed was seeing game concepts applied to real life, or "real life consequences" of game mechanics, not literally 20 chapters of a dude grinding.

I think he was going to but the sister stopped him.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Oh, I thought he was going to use his time barrier for some extended power-studying! Instead, nope, it's more grinding ogres!

I kind of wish that they'd move on faster. What I enjoyed was seeing game concepts applied to real life, or "real life consequences" of game mechanics, not literally 20 chapters of a dude grinding.

I agree. I wish he could just get the dungeon creating skill grinded up so he could have more dungeons to grind. I can't wait for the "let's grind for the 0.1% rare boss drop" arc.

I mean, he's found the way to get more dungeons so basically it's dungeons all the way to endgame now. The endgame is more dungeons. Her mom leaving means he can 100% focus on the dungeon grinding. This is the real MMO experience. :getin:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

Dont you mean "Full Life Consequences"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I feel like I am the only one who likes these chapters. I read this partially because of how hilarious everyone treats him, and having this, a chapter with The Best character in it come out is good.

I mean it is kinda a comedy manwha

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I'm wondering if that's going to be a running joke. Every other arc is going to be him trying to do something worthwhile with his powers but he just ends up grinding and never actually going anywhere. It's a meta commentary on MMO's.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

KittyEmpress posted:

I feel like I am the only one who likes these chapters. I read this partially because of how hilarious everyone treats him, and having this, a chapter with The Best character in it come out is good.

I mean it is kinda a comedy manwha

I like these chapters but I felt like this one, in particular, didn't have very much going on.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

KittyEmpress posted:

I read this partially because of how hilarious everyone treats him, and having this, a chapter with The Best character in it come out is good.

Oh, so she's your favorite too?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

He needs to join a guild and start raiding.

Also, a flying mount. I prefer the flying manhole cover like the red-cloud thingy in WoW.

His mom doesn't need to be protected. She's a loving legendary housewife. Level 17. She's the scariest thing out there.

Who doesn't want to hug Gnome?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Oh, so she's your favorite too?

Yeah. She's definitely the best.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dan7el posted:

Also, a flying mount. I prefer the flying manhole cover like the red-cloud thingy in WoW.

His mom doesn't need to be protected. She's a loving legendary housewife. Level 17. She's the scariest thing out there.

Who doesn't want to hug Gnome?

I thought she was level ??????

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

XboxPants posted:

I thought she was level ??????

Must've hit the level cap and reincarnated :v:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

booksnake posted:

Must've hit the level cap and reincarnated :v:

I guess the Housewife trans-class would be Queen, or Chief Maid or something. Someone who stays at home and is the end-all be-all of what goes on in that home.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Silento posted:

I guess the Housewife trans-class would be Queen, or Chief Maid or something. Someone who stays at home and is the end-all be-all of what goes on in that home.

Don't mess with the House Wife. Don't. It is the worst idea. I don't care who you think you are. It ends the same way. You on a stake and your friends cleaning up your bloody mess while she looks at them with a bone chilling stare.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Silento posted:

Given Korean tropes, it would definitely be Mother-in-law.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Dan7el posted:

I can't wait for him to be in a party and get yelled at for not avoiding the clearly obvious attack. Or get chewed out for taking too many of the items that are only created because of his ability in the first place.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xyven posted:

Given Korean tropes, it would definitely be Mother-in-law.

Haha, most definitely. Isn't there some kind of term/slang for that kind of scary middle-aged mother/woman?

Masked Faceless
Oct 7, 2013

by Ralp
http://mngacow.com/The-Gamer/46/2/?all

New chapter. So he's going to play dnd now?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well, glad he's finally decided on his final class.

I bet he'll fail his actual class though, come on man you gotta study! :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Masked Faceless posted:

New chapter. So he's going to play dnd now?

I hope he gets into an argument about how wizards are op.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well at least he didn't choose cleric.

"Yer a wizard Jee-Han!"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

paragon1 posted:

Well at least he didn't choose cleric.

"Yer a wizard Jee-Han!"

I don't know man, he's a wizard who can heal. He's basically a uh...

gently caress, I never played D&D besides like one game, and playing NWN2 but there's a prestige class that lets you advance divine and arcane magic right?

he's that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gnome is a hardcore cold blooded killer.

'Just gonna spear this downed ogre in the head.'

And D&D clerics are far from white mages. Think channeling the divine power of their god to smite things and keep teammates in the fight.

Well they're white mages if they were allowed to wear heavy armor, wield big rear end weapons and have a lot more up their offensive sleeve than just Holy.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 17, 2014

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"I learned it from you Dad! I learned it from watching you!"

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Gnome is a hardcore stone cold killer.

Fixed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

They grow up so fast. :3:

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
What happens to the man Gamer who wakes from an endless dream Dungeon?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't know man, he's a wizard who can heal. He's basically a uh...

gently caress, I never played D&D besides like one game, and playing NWN2 but there's a prestige class that lets you advance divine and arcane magic right?

he's that.
I'm actually interested if he'll go the specialization route or just use his OP learning abilities to go for it all. Basically, the ol' Elder Scrolls "I have every magic spell in the game and 100 in every magic skill. Come at me."

His interest in alchemy and enchanting is what stood out to me in this update, though. Just add smithing to the mix and he is a one man arms dealer.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
His abilities are already bullshit, all he really needs is a bunch of magic equipment that he made himself to make his stats bullshit too.

Right now I expect him to either bomb or do poorly on his exam, despite his int, and I won't even blame him because he seems to really enjoy running around grinding all his skills (except for life drain).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'd be hesitant too. Getting high skill level in that one would get you some funny looks.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
He hasn't been grinding his stupid dance skill either. Confusion can be a really good debuff, so he's clearly making bad choices with his build.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

paragon1 posted:

I'd be hesitant too. Getting high skill level in that one would get you some funny looks.

That just means more experience though.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Twiddy posted:

I'm actually interested if he'll go the specialization route or just use his OP learning abilities to go for it all. Basically, the ol' Elder Scrolls "I have every magic spell in the game and 100 in every magic skill. Come at me."

His interest in alchemy and enchanting is what stood out to me in this update, though. Just add smithing to the mix and he is a one man arms dealer.

Disgaea time: I've grinded my ogre panties to +999999999 every stat.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Since he can grind any skills he wants (and invent new ones) seemingly without restriction, there doesn't seem to be much point in labels like "wizard" (except as shorthand to describe his fighting style). There's no actual class system restricting him from learning whatever seems good at the time. Especially since he can make zones with dilated time to practice as much as he wants.

And considering Jee-Han went out of his way to contemplate his future and doing well in school, it would be kinda silly if he ended up bombing his classes...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I mean Life Drain is a darkside power, I doubt Jee-Han wants people thinking he's gone Sith!

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Wizards in classic D&D are basically do-everything power players, and with Jee-Han not being limited by things like Vancian casting and can invent his own spells... well...

Broken is not a strong enough word for what Jee-Han could become if the author writes him that way. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My favorite wizard epic spell was the ability to raise an island out of the sea. My personal weakness was whenever I made a campaign was to have a wizard who used it. Hero or villain. It's just such a cool idea.