Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I just realized a little touch when Joseph was ordering - he was getting Enya a kebab too. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can Polnareff now see through Chariot's eyes or is he just slashing randomly inside Joseph's brain?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can Polnareff now see through Chariot's eyes or is he just slashing randomly inside Joseph's brain?

Joseph's Hermit Purple is their eyes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nessus posted:

I just realized a little touch when Joseph was ordering - he was getting Enya a kebab too. :shobon:

It's kind of amusing how everyone softens up to Enya a bit despite her trying to murder them.

Also, is it just me, or did the ropes she was tied up in disappear since the last episode?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's kind of amusing how everyone softens up to Enya a bit despite her trying to murder them.

Also, is it just me, or did the ropes she was tied up in disappear since the last episode?
Well, they had her outnumbered and knew how her Stand worked. She might have been a threat to Joseph alone, maybe, but the rest of them knew exactly how to beat her, and she wasn't in a giant cemetery any more. Might as well treat her nice :v:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Can't wait to see Jotaro in his 60s get bailed out of dangerous situations by his disgustingly twee granddaughter.

It'd still be Joseph. It'd also be Joseph's daughter.

Joseph Joestar is forever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They're using Hermit Purple's spirit television power to see what's going on.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Just a reminder that the basis of Joseph's personality is exerting the least amount of effort to achieve a desired result through his sharp wit and plenty of pluck. Dude's not about to keep up with his Ripple training if he just beat the baddest of the bad ancient Aztec vampires.

This Stand fight's one of my favorite ones for how low-key and awkward it is compared to everything else, and you just know Steely Dan's making it worse for himself the more he pisses off Jotaro. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I also like that Kakyoin's taking the lead here. Seems he hasn't had that much to do for a while.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
This show's pacing is definitely improved by cliffhangers, which were all over the place in the manga but many shorter stories that still had those cliffhangers are turned into single episodes for the show. I'm happy the latest one is a really nicely placed cliffhanger, and hope this kind of pace is a very regular thing.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

tlarn posted:

This Stand fight's one of my favorite ones for how low-key and awkward it is compared to everything else, and you just know Steely Dan's making it worse for himself the more he pisses off Jotaro. :allears:

I fully expect that everything will get resolved before the commercial break and the entire second half of the episode consists of ORAORAORAORAORA.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Darth Walrus posted:

I also like that Kakyoin's taking the lead here. Seems he hasn't had that much to do for a while.

Kakyoin is arguably the most mature person in the party now that Abdul's dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tlarn posted:

You know, the bad thing for Steely Dan is that in ten minutes, you know he's getting his face caved in anyway whether Joseph lives or not.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

For the manga readers out there, has there been an explanation that I've missed, or will there be an explanation of why Dio manifested a stand and why him doing so caused the entire Joestar line to manifest one as well? I know this could be spoilery, but a simple yes or no I think would be fine.

I mostly expect it to be a thing where Araki just never bothered explaining, because gently caress it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sekkira posted:

For the manga readers out there, has there been an explanation that I've missed, or will there be an explanation of why Dio manifested a stand and why him doing so caused the entire Joestar line to manifest one as well? I know this could be spoilery, but a simple yes or no I think would be fine.

I mostly expect it to be a thing where Araki just never bothered explaining, because gently caress it.

It's explained eventually.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Looking forward to it now. Even if they explain it in part 5 or something and we have to wait till David productions get there.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sekkira posted:

The only explaination why all the Joestars suddenly got a stand was that Dio has Jonathan's body. It's mentioned when Holly collapsed.
For how he got a stand, Araki didn't really explain it in Part 3.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
The only bit that actually talks about how dio got a stand in part 3 has already happened. Enya told him about 'em and then somehow he got one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sekkira posted:

and why him doing so caused the entire Joestar line to manifest one as well?

Because his head is attached to jonathan's body.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nessus posted:

I choose to believe it was for Avdol. Pourin' a kebab out for his homie.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Sekkira posted:

There's a hint at the beginning of every episode's closing sequence.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I enjoyed A Beginner's Guide to Haggling, with Joseph Joestar.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

amuayse posted:

There's a hint at the beginning of every episode's closing sequence.

You might be looking into that a bit too much.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah, it's legit, actually.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, it's legit, actually.

Just impossible to figure out. It's basically there for those who already know.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

If it's what I think it is then it references some stuff from after Part 3 where Araki decided how people actually get Stands in the first place. So yeah, absolutely meaningless to someone who is just watching the anime without reading the manga.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Mind if someone explains it in spoilers? I assumed it was just some kind of Hamon/Ripple manifestation

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zeruel posted:

Mind if someone explains it in spoilers? I assumed it was just some kind of Hamon/Ripple manifestation

There are stupid future part spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 24, 2014

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Pomp posted:

There are stupid future part spoilers

Oh! stupid future part spoilers But I'll leave the conversation here since it's the Anime thread and I haven't read the manga at all.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 24, 2014

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I just wanted a yes or no answer. I didn't mean to start up a discussion on spoilers as I have some theories, but even then it's related to the end after seeing the OVA years ago. I was going to wait until near the end of the anime to talk about it here. What have I done?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Started some people on putting poo poo that doesn't belong in here even in tags, is what you did.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The real question involving Stand users is where the gently caress did Dio find these fuckers?!?! :iiam:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

quakster posted:

The real question involving Stand users is where the gently caress did Dio find these fuckers?!?! :iiam:

MyStand.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

quakster posted:

Oddly enough that is also sort of explained too. Or inferred or implied I guess.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

quakster posted:

『CHARISMA.』

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

quakster posted:

You're talking about a man who in part 1 (Spoilered in case you haven't watched part 1 [watch part 1]) strolled up to Jack the Goddamned Ripper and recruited him as a mook. Do not doubt Dio Brando.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

quakster posted:

I'm pretty sure Joseph mentions at the beginning of the series that Stand users are inexplicably drawn together.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm pretty sure Joseph mentions at the beginning of the series that Stand users are inexplicably drawn together.

This is a consistent recurring thing throughout the series. Stand Users are attracted to other Stand Users.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Maybe Dio stole a stand (or at least the ability to have a stand) from someone by drinking their blood? I can kindof imagine it working that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This is a consistent recurring thing throughout the series. Stand Users are attracted to other Stand Users.

I suppose that explains how the enemy Stand users keep finding Joseph and Co despite them changing their plans at every other city.

I know the age of "Your next line is..." Joseph is over, but I still miss it.

Looking forward to Dan getting his rear end beat so far into the ground that it pops out back in Japan.

• Locked thread