Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

but definitely not tobias

gently caress tobias right in his unfunny life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

GOBs eps were good idgaf

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Bloody posted:

lol did you even watch the first three seasons

do you understand how that show is funny at all

we watched all the eps in buildup to the new ones being released, i'd say seasons 1-2 are A, 3 is like a B- and 4 is a D

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Socracheese posted:

we watched all the eps in buildup to the new ones being released, i'd say seasons 1-2 are A, 3 is like a B- and 4 is a D

Bees?!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
all of the ron howard stuff seemed really akward

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im such a large idiot that i did not realize ron howard was the narrator until my second time through s4.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Boxturret posted:

all of the ron howard stuff seemed really akward

i'm the guy who doesn't get forced subtlety

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Bloody posted:

im such a large idiot that i did not realize ron howard was the narrator until my second time through s4.

that's a spicy meatball/large idiot

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

ChiralCondensate posted:

i'm the guy who doesn't get forced subtlety

cool me too

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ChiralCondensate posted:

:frogdowns:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ChiralCondensate posted:

i get it i think?

way to layer your criticism, i had to look up poo poo ffs

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I didn't like the famous people cameos as young George sr and Lucille etc. but apart from that it was ok.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Socracheese posted:

they were poo poo and not funny. gf and i stopped watching after like 3 eps

same but for the first season

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

finally, a way to teach html to babies

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

for years now, my nephews have been clamoring, "when can we learn html ffs" thats literally i try to punch them and my arms i cannot HTML HTML THLMM THLMT HTLMTHJMTLHTLHmTLHMTLHM

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
uggggggggggggghhhhh

kickstarting baby poo poo is the new cyber punk video game kickstarter

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
umm
code:
<Baby></HTML>
isn't even proper markup :rolleyes:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
why is teaching html to your baby A Thing

they aren't even the only people who want to help you teach html to your baby, are they

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

why is teaching html a thing

to anybody

who writes html

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
pretty sure it's just a combination of a joke that's clever the first time you hear it and incredibly low barrier to entry

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aardlof posted:

pretty sure it's just a combination of a joke that's clever the first time you hear it and incredibly low barrier to entry

but enough about ur posting

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Bloody posted:

why is teaching html a thing

to anybody

who writes html

"go to w3c.org and read the spec" was how they taught html in my day

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Socracheese posted:

they were poo poo and not funny. gf and i stopped watching after like 3 eps

Same.

People kept saying 'oh it pays off at the end' like im gonna slog through an entire season of poo poo just to lol at some gag at the end

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sweevo posted:

"go to w3c.org and read the spec" was how they taught html in my day

Somebody needs to show w3c the spec

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

Same.

People kept saying 'oh it pays off at the end' like im gonna slog through an entire season of poo poo just to lol at some gag at the end

i got within three or four episodes of the end and just trailed off. still haven't gone back to finish it up :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hashtag Nascar posted:

lol "just 3d print one"

:thejoke:

but seriously if you don't have access to one somewhere maybe start living in the present, these things are for sale at radio shack now

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
We had a big watching party with a bunch of people over and we were gonna watch at least 4 eps but we watched 2 and everyone agreed that we were done

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I blame reddit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

but definitely not tobias

gently caress tobias right in his unfunny life

Tobias in that show pisses me off so much I can barely watch his episodes because he actively ruined his family's life. he was an M.D. and a PhD working at a massive prestigious hospital, had no reason that his family's fate had to be connected to the rest of the bluths', and welp

I know that's the joke but i hate it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Can't imagine hating Tobias (except season 4 when I hated every bluth)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

uggggggggggggghhhhh

kickstarting baby poo poo is the new cyber punk video game kickstarter

it's because idiot spergs raised on Facebook are reaching the age where they managed to knock someone up and they're going "holy poo poo! taking care of a baby is a big deal! I can't believe no one has ever thought of this before!!"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

it's because idiot spergs raised on Facebook are reaching the age where they managed to knock someone up and they're going "holy poo poo! taking care of a baby is a big deal! I can't believe no one has ever thought of this before!!"

Tbf that's what new mothers have been doing for the last 50 years

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

at least in the first three seasons Tobias was well meaning. stupid and delusional but trying to take care of his daughter and stuff. in s4 he's literally blowing off his family to live in a dumpster with a heroin addict rrrrgh

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

at least in the first three seasons Tobias was well meaning. stupid and delusional but trying to take care of his daughter and stuff. in s4 he's literally blowing off his family to live in a dumpster with a heroin addict rrrrgh

angry and getting emotionally involved with sitcoms itt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

Tbf that's what new mothers have been doing for the last 50 years

yeah, exactly, just that now the new mothers/fathers don't have a life experience that isn't the internet so they have to cram that into it somehow

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

this is a good point

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

1-3 tobias was vaguely tolerable, 4 tobias was an unwatchable idiotfuck

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

this progression happened with all the characters.

the entire 4th season was like a 'where are they now' special in which all the child stars have become drug addicts and burnouts

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
michael is now as delusional, self-important, and pathetic as all the family members he felt superior to

maeby has never let go of high school in the most literal way, and what was precocious at 16 is bizarre and frightening at 23

george-michael has decided to live an entire life as a con man under an assumed identity because he can't face his daddy issues from his teenage years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this progression happened with all the characters.

the entire 4th season was like a 'where are they now' special in which all the child stars have become drug addicts and burnouts

michael also became a huge rear end in a top hat. he was kind of an oblivious jerk to his son in the first three seaons, but he was so much worse in the fourth, he stopped being sympathetic

• Locked thread