Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Fenris13 posted:

so you end up going 18sorc 2 paladin.

Though better yet, if you also have access to Favored Soul, is doing 16 sorcerer/2 favored soul/2 paladin. Scourge (30 fire spellpower) and Just Reward (10 temp sp when you crit with a fire spell) are pretty amazing. Pre-epic it's just decent, epic with Shiradi you pretty much don't run out of mana unless you're using Ruin to dump on a hard single target. You can do Scorching Ray and Magic/Chain Missile pretty much forever.

That said it sounds like he's new, so Human Wizard and using Pale Master for self healing is probably the way to go.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
That seems pretty cool, I meant to ask you why you had 2 fvs with your sorc build, now I know. My next life is set to be sorc, so I think il give 16/2/2 a try. Hopefully the loss of spells wont mess it up to bad.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

This is basically they build we're using. The enhancements and spells are slightly tweaked, like I have both Reconstruct and SLA Reconstruct, since it's handy in EE. Also corrected the above to note Just Reward is 10 SP and not HP, if that wasn't an obvious mistake!

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
That buld looks like you went for alot of extra defense, I am guessing for EE? I am planning on doing a few epic past lives as sorc and am thinking about the fastest way to run through 20-28, which might not mean as much survivability as needed for EE.

Also, I know its a long shot since who has done shroud in forever, but I am 5 high energy cells, 3 large shrapnels and 3 large sulferous stones short. Does anyone happen to have a stock pile? I can trade for other large ingredients, I have a ton of chains and arrowheads.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 20, 2014

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The only extra defense we took is really the PRR in War priest which you could drop but it's cheap and effective. The majority of our defense is from Displacement and Nerve Venom in Shiradi. I also used the fire SLAs in heroic levels, I don't in epic levels. Valisti still does, but I find myself never needing to shrine really even using Delayed Blast Fireball as my secondary spell with Chain Missiles to fill on multi target fights. There's a lot of wiggle room in the enhancements really.

I'll see how our shroud supplies are looking next time we get on.

Edit: Also a number of quests are doable on EE about as fast as EH with this build and the bonus experience adds up fast. Just depends on the specific quest.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 20, 2014

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Druids are 75% off 25th-31st, and VIPs get an extra 5% experience 25th-27th. Nice to see the two newer classes getting steep discounts, though I'm pretty sure most of us who actually play already have it. They're also doing 50% off ingredient and gem bags and 25% off tomes. And brought back the Ninja Cosmetic Outfit and a new Pirate outfit.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
The Swashbuckler build I'm using is definitely not as solo friendly as some other lives I've done, but if you get a group together it provides a lot of nice buffs and it's got some pretty sweet DPS to go along with it. Solo, not so hot at the moment though (this will probably change dramatically at 20).

I was also looking at burning my LR token to change to a Shuriken throwing build, but my inability to get Dex to Damage as a Shadar Kai really hurts the concept. Also, as the Monk's Ninja Spy enhancement stacks with the Shuriken Expertise feat (not to mention being able to get 10 Thousand Stars, and Manyshot not working with Thrown weapons) it renders any build that tries to throw without those feats/enhancement combos poo poo by comparison. Also, I tested it (using another character, so no tomes but still, good enough for testing with) and it was not great. I also took Manyshot, not realising it didn't work.

So, the lessons:

1. Regular Swashbuckling is cool on paper, and not so bad in practice, but the heroic levels will suck without augmenting your self-healing in some way if you solo a lot. Until you can Blitz, better off sticking with a group but that's ok because the Warchanter buffs make everyone happy.
2. Don't even think about being a throwing Swashbuckler. It's terrible.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Well you started with Bard 7 if I'm reading it right, which gives you 3rd level spells and 200 base spell points. So you've got access to a kind of weak Empowered Cure Serious and Displacement right at 15 with your build. You shouldn't have too much trouble keeping yourself up, what's giving you trouble usually? Running out of spellpoints? Too weak heals (are you using a Positive spellpower item)?

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Yeah, I think my gear could be partially responsible for letting me down, as a lot of is the default starting gear for a Shadar Kai, and I don't have anything better to replace it with for the most part. I also don't have Quicken in the build - just no room for it with all the combat feats I chose to take, but I do have Empower, and high Concentration, being interrupted hasn't been an issue yet - and with my 60-ish Positive spellpower those Cure Serious Wounds are healing me for about 70hp tops. Not a huge amount; even with a Devotion item, that'd only add another 70 spellpower (at level) to the base, so it'd top out at 100 maybe? The spellpoints thing is also a bit of an issue though, as if I start spamming heals then I run out quite quickly, but a Wizardry item and a few more APs in Spellsinger will help with that. I can stay alive for a while, especially if I have a hire, but it's certainly nowhere near the self-sufficiency of any Bladeforged, caster or melee hybrid multiclass builds.

It will gain in power in time, as I get better geared for it, but right now it's a bit rougher than I expected. Kind of like the wall that Artificers hit around 15 as well, actually. Even if I had ideal gear for my level though, I think it's just the nature of this particular multiclass combo that makes it rough as I don't have the pure melee capability to carry myself through, nor do I have the casting ability. Probably could have done my class levels a bit better, so that I had more bard levels frontloaded.

Edit - I have a fairly high UMD I think so I might grab some Heal scrolls and see how those work for me. Even though I have literally no other use for money than repairs, it still pains me to blow it on poo poo like that, because I'm a stingy bastard.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Gammon posted:

The Swashbuckler build I'm using is definitely not as solo friendly as some other lives I've done, but if you get a group together it provides a lot of nice buffs and it's got some pretty sweet DPS to go along with it. Solo, not so hot at the moment though (this will probably change dramatically at 20).

I was also looking at burning my LR token to change to a Shuriken throwing build, but my inability to get Dex to Damage as a Shadar Kai really hurts the concept. Also, as the Monk's Ninja Spy enhancement stacks with the Shuriken Expertise feat (not to mention being able to get 10 Thousand Stars, and Manyshot not working with Thrown weapons) it renders any build that tries to throw without those feats/enhancement combos poo poo by comparison. Also, I tested it (using another character, so no tomes but still, good enough for testing with) and it was not great. I also took Manyshot, not realising it didn't work.

So, the lessons:

1. Regular Swashbuckling is cool on paper, and not so bad in practice, but the heroic levels will suck without augmenting your self-healing in some way if you solo a lot. Until you can Blitz, better off sticking with a group but that's ok because the Warchanter buffs make everyone happy.
2. Don't even think about being a throwing Swashbuckler. It's terrible.

Odd, are you specifically meaning a throwing only Swashbuckler build? That would suck.

I TRed my 2 life paladin into a Swashbuckler and have been having very little issues. This is by far the easiest I've even done VON3, Restless Isles or Proof is in the Poison, didn't even bother using a henchmen. The only thing that gave me trouble was, of all things Shadow Crypt when I didn't respect the vampire's clones (and dispels) enough.

Used a Sky Pirate's dagger or Tiefling Assassin's Blade from 4-12, and a Shadowstar for my throwing weapon. Level 8 CC Swashbuckler shield. Drow, all dex.

Actually to be serious, this is probably the most broken class I've ever played for leveling up since I tried a sorcerer.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Anyone here got some gearing advice for low level WF Arti? Obviously the Blademark's Docent, but I don't remember any of the other good early game things.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Craft a Screaming of Bleeding heavy repeater with the shards from the guild chest in the cargo hold. Last I checked, there was still some left in there. If not, I'll try and throw some in there later/tomorrow. Then find/craft a moderate/heavy fort item depending on your level and resources. Death Ward goggles from Tangleroot are helpful, but not as big of a deal as a Warforged. Then just find a spot for wizardry and a repair spellpower item and you're pretty much set.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Kalas posted:

Odd, are you specifically meaning a throwing only Swashbuckler build? That would suck.

I TRed my 2 life paladin into a Swashbuckler and have been having very little issues. This is by far the easiest I've even done VON3, Restless Isles or Proof is in the Poison, didn't even bother using a henchmen. The only thing that gave me trouble was, of all things Shadow Crypt when I didn't respect the vampire's clones (and dispels) enough.

Used a Sky Pirate's dagger or Tiefling Assassin's Blade from 4-12, and a Shadowstar for my throwing weapon. Level 8 CC Swashbuckler shield. Drow, all dex.

Actually to be serious, this is probably the most broken class I've ever played for leveling up since I tried a sorcerer.

Yeah, I figured I'd test out a variant of the Shuricannon build. Without access to dex to damage, and missing out on two abilities (one active, one passive) that allow you to throw extra shurikens, it was severely limited. Sure, I could throw 2-3 shurikens at a time, and hit for 50-80 physical on a crit (x4 multipliers from Swashbuckling and tier 5 Warchanter) with Shadowstar, but it just didn't have enough offensive power. Probably be fine in Epic if you used Shiradi though - not the best, but good enough.

I did actually have a similar initial experience this life with the quality of swashbuckling - in the right circumstances, it absolutely is awesome, but with my limited caster levels (8 bard out of 16 levels) it's quickly become more of a struggle than I anticipated. I'm also doing this as a Str build, so I can take overwhelming crit at 21; perhaps a full Charisma, pure Bard version would have an easier time of it with the extra CC.

I know these last couple of posts might have given the impression that I'm saying it's underpowered, or lovely or something like that; it's not. It's just my particular build has led me to hit a bit of an unexpected wall, and that it's not yet up to the level of other multiclass builds.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Elswyyr posted:

Anyone here got some gearing advice for low level WF Arti? Obviously the Blademark's Docent, but I don't remember any of the other good early game things.

If you've got 3 Barrel Cove access, go get the Scoundrel's Heavy Repeating Crossbow. That lasted me forever. Also, Hand of the Tombs is great because you'll be fighting lots of undead, and insta-kills on vorpals are always handy.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Get Haunted Halls 25% off with code: D20T4H.

It's a really cool dungeon, not sure what the price is but it's fun. The loot from it's pretty good too, though it's a moderate pain to upgrade it. Take quite a few runs on EH or EE even to get enough stones.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I ransacked haunted halls on EN both the last two lifes, and have 220 stones to show for it, along with the really cool necklace and the neat rogue trinket. I also bought the lantern ring for this life since it seemed kinda cool to go with the spam casting, and I think I will upgrade the ring first, although the neck is really tempting.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That doesn't sound as bad as I'm remembering it, but yeah the Lantern ring is pretty neat. I think it gives another shiradi proc chance too which is awesome.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Redownloaded on a whim and I am just lost with the new enhancement trees. I've got a 12/1/1 rgr/rog/mnk from when sploiters were all the rage, how should I kit it out? Tempest seems a no-brainer, of course, but I'm not entirely sure how dodge works now. Among many other things. edit: Also the activated attacks. Any advice is appreciated!

I figure I can just keep truckin' with my robo-sorcerer, though. Robo-sorcerer never changes.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Human: Action Boost Damage, +1 str, Action Boost Skills, 10% healing amp
Ninja Spy: Ninja Training, Sneak Attack Training
Deepwood Stalker: Far Shot, Favored Resistance 3, Sneak Attack Core, Increased Empathy 1, Empathetic Healing 1, Exposing Strike, Thrill of the Hunt 3
Tempest: Shield of Whirling Steel, Whirling Blades, Tempest Core, Improved Parry 3, Whirling Blades 2, Whirling Blades 3, Graceful Death, Haste Boost 3, Deflect Arrows, Whirling Blades 4, Critical Damage 3
Assassin: Knife in the Darkness, Sneak Attack Training

Is what I came up with messing around with it for a few minutes.

You could also strongly consider going 6 monk and then whatever with your 20th level up, and using short swords and staying centered which would let you get Shadow Veil in Ninja Spy, as well as Fists of Iron and some more sneak attack damage.

Most of the attacks are pretty lackluster, the bleeds from Assassin and Ranger don't scale so they're not great in late teens or epic levels. The cooldowns/durations of most of the ranger attacks make them seem worthless. That said I'd aim for going with Favored Accuracy/Damage/Merciful Strike in Deepwood Stalker along with some Ninja spy stuff for the rest of your enhancements.

Grabbing Acrobatic in Ninja Spy might not be bad either, +Dodge% is pretty nice unless you're using Legendary Dreadnought in Epic levels.

Also keep in mind there's no 3 day limit on resetting enhancements anymore. It just costs more and more plat if you do it back to back.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Should I also pick up the stat boosts in the Tempest tree? Strength, obviously. Gotta kill harder.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Eh, you can. I'm not a fan of picking stat boosts in enhancement or destiny trees. They cost 2 points for 1 stat point, which may or may not give you a bonus depending on your gear/buffs. If you know under normal circumstances that +1 stat will give you a bonus, it's not bad. If you need to spend 4 points to get +1 hit/damage, that's not usually worth it given what else 4 points gets you. When you're dealing with DC casters, it's a little more important to boost stats.

You could even consider dropping the Skills Boost from Human and the 1 str if you can find better uses for those points, they're not super important for the most part. Note that I took Damage boost there because you can use both Class Haste Boost and Human Damage Boost at once for maximum DPS.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 28, 2014

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Agree with the advice on taking 5 more monk levels, picking up the self healing aura and all the goodies in ninja assassin are great. The only melee attacks I like using from the ranger tree is the core 3 one that acts like 4 seconds of bluff on a 6s cd, with no roll/save. it is amazing if you are soloing and want to get your sneak damage in, even with a good bluff and a deception item you can never have to many ways to get sneak damage. The thing to remember about those special attacks is that most of them can not double strike, or glancing blow for 2hers. The monk ones are an exception to not being able to doublestrike, almost all of those ones can, but I am not sure if any of the ranger ones can.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah that's Exposing Strike, it seemed really good, so I made sure to fit that in.

Also Empathetic Healing is totally droppable if you don't find it helpful, there just wasn't a standout choice to advance to the next tier. It's not going to heal much, but figured it might be helpful if you don't have good gear. And it uses up a resource that you're generally not going to be using, Wild Empathy charges.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

So, sneak attack is worth it? Are there ways to circumvent the massive number of creatures that had outright immunity to it?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The vast majority of things are not immune to it after level 10 these days. There's a few undead heavy quests in epic levels, but not many. You can also get 10-20% Armor Piercing from gear, which lets you ignore that much of the targets fort. Also things that are immune to sneak attack are still vulnerable to Deception's confusion if I'm remembering right, so you'll take less damage either way.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Thanks for the help, think I have a better understanding of the new enhancement system now.

What're some good build directions for the iconics? I've got enough points leftover to pick one up, and they seem nifty.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Bladeforged are a good starting base for most builds. 2 levels of paladin can work for a lot of builds (and you can technically respec out of the paladin level if you want, using +hearts, its annoying and expensive though), and the Reconstruction as a racial SLA is super strong self healing.

Sun Elfs are largely meh. Their mass buff is awesome, but Cleric 1 doesn't give you access to anything worthwhile after low teens, and is largely wasted on most builds. It's also the least generically useful Iconic Past Life.

Shadar-Kai and PDK are both solid choices, PDK get the extra Human Feat, Shadar Kai do not, but most builds that can't fit paladin can fit fighter or rogue. Their racial enhancements are okay, but nothing as good as Reconstruct (this goes for base races too). They're Iconic Past Lives are solid (dodge/PRR), but they don't really open up new options like a racial Reconstruct does.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Bladeforged are a good starting base for most builds. 2 levels of paladin can work for a lot of builds (and you can technically respec out of the paladin level if you want, using +hearts, its annoying and expensive though), and the Reconstruction as a racial SLA is super strong self healing.

Sun Elfs are largely meh. Their mass buff is awesome, but Cleric 1 doesn't give you access to anything worthwhile after low teens, and is largely wasted on most builds. It's also the least generically useful Iconic Past Life.

Shadar-Kai and PDK are both solid choices, PDK get the extra Human Feat, Shadar Kai do not, but most builds that can't fit paladin can fit fighter or rogue. Their racial enhancements are okay, but nothing as good as Reconstruct (this goes for base races too). They're Iconic Past Lives are solid (dodge/PRR), but they don't really open up new options like a racial Reconstruct does.

I'd forgotten that I transferred my Robo-Sorc to another server to play with a friend a while back, and I'd rather not pay the fee again, so Bladeforged caster it is! Is Sorcerer still as good, or should I choose another caster class? This is just for ease of levelling, I think, unless you have advice on what the current good melee builds are. I'm indecisive as hell with this game and end up making tons of alts.

edit: Hahaha the Bladeforged looks like WF Shredder. Sold.

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 28, 2014

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Darwinism posted:

I'd forgotten that I transferred my Robo-Sorc to another server to play with a friend a while back, and I'd rather not pay the fee again, so Bladeforged caster it is! Is Sorcerer still as good, or should I choose another caster class? This is just for ease of levelling, I think, unless you have advice on what the current good melee builds are. I'm indecisive as hell with this game and end up making tons of alts.

I am currently doing a bladeforged sorc life that DM and valisti just finished doing, linked here...

DemonMage posted:

This is basically they build we're using. The enhancements and spells are slightly tweaked, like I have both Reconstruct and SLA Reconstruct, since it's handy in EE. Also corrected the above to note Just Reward is 10 SP and not HP, if that wasn't an obvious mistake!

It is one of the most op lives imaginable. I have been blasting through quests easier than ever, I rarely ever go below 50% sp, forget about shrining. My gear is pretty solid so that is going to make a difference, but its not hard to get crafted stuff to make up for at least 80% of what I have. Can not say enough great things about this build, except that it might suck having to work your way over to shirdai during epic destiny levels, but working across epic destinies like that always sucks.

A few more tips and changes that occured to me, You are going to be reliant on your SLA's far more than DM was during his life as a sorc, so heighten is a really good investment, I would consider changing the feats to look like
Feats
1: Toughness
3: Maximize Spell
6: Empower Spell
9: Mental Toughness
12: Heighten spell
15: Quicken Spell
18: Extend Spell
And then eventually when you no longer need heighten it is very simple to swap it out for improved mental toughness.
As an iconic, you get enough xp to level up to 15, but I strongly recommend stopping at 14, and holding a level for a while. Then you can look up the level 12 quests, and start there.
Also your spell selection should deviate slightly from what is linked, make sure you take acid rain as your first 4th level spell, instead of probably enervate, for a while at least. There are plenty of fire immune mobs, but fire and acid immunity is pretty rare.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 28, 2014

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Darwinism posted:

I'm currently level 16, and going pretty slowly as I've been playing a couple of other games as well, but if you're on at the same time we should really go run some stuff together :) The new enhancement system is pretty awesome, though some trees are clearly better than others, and some make previously lovely builds completely awesome which is why you now see lots more people running around with quarterstaves and destroying everything they even look at.

Woden
May 6, 2006
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446136-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-1

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446138-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-2

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446140-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-3

Three new dev diaries that show off some pretty huge changes with new systems.

Some of the interesting things are:

MRR now only works against things that require a ref save, and looks generally weaker.
Overwhelming Critical will have no feat reqs or str req.
Blitzing will no longer require air swinging to charge, nor kills to keep running.
And paladin stick builds look like they'll be nuts.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
You missed the part where they are taking 150% of the bonus damage from blitzing, and moving it to all melees as they level up in epic levels and ED's. That is going to be amazing, to do blitz like damage without having to be limited to blitzing anymore.

I am not so sure about paladins moving up in the stick fighting world, Holy sword takes 14 levels of paladin to cast, and that means you can go 6/2 rog/mnk or mnk rog or whatever. You would basically be trading all of the goodies from your third class for the paladin buff, which may or may not even stack.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Divine Crusader is going to be even more ridiculous with these changes. Looking forward to that.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I didn't bring up the melee power thing because it seemed way too complex to get across quickly, but you did it fine in one sentence. :/

It's supposed to stack with everything, so 9-20x4 in Crusader with a Sireth. Then pile on all that doublestrike with zeal, quick strike, etc. Should be fun as either a level 5/6 monk or rouge depending on how which way you want to go but yeah, far from a no brainer.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Woden posted:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446136-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-1

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446138-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-2

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446140-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-3

Three new dev diaries that show off some pretty huge changes with new systems.

Some of the interesting things are:

MRR now only works against things that require a ref save, and looks generally weaker.
Overwhelming Critical will have no feat reqs or str req.
Blitzing will no longer require air swinging to charge, nor kills to keep running.
And paladin stick builds look like they'll be nuts.

Where was the bit about Overwhelming Crit being changed in that way? If true, that's really awesome, because it's basically a required feat for every physical damage build, but not all builds can really take the prereqs and the strength requirement was pretty outrageous. All the rest of the changes sound really positive, and would seem to open up so many options for endgame stuff that we might actually see more variety in what people use. Grandmaster of Flowers would be great with a straight up 150% damage boost, and I think Everything is Nothing is a seriously underrated Tier 5 ability.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Here.

Severlin posted:

Overwhelming Critical will have no feat requirements at all. The intention is to have Paladins take Exalted Cleave (better than Cleave), Avenging Cleave (better than Great Cleave) and then they can take Overwhelming Critical if they wish.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Also here

quote:

Actually we already discussed the Overwhelming Critical issue with the Player's Council. We are removing both the Strength requirement and the Great Cleave requirement from that feat.

Sev~

Being able to play a dex/int/cha/whatever you like based build and still easily take OC will be incredible.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Another huge thing is that attacks from enhancement will scale with melee power, so my complaint about how lovely the attacks are won't be true after this with the current design goals.

quote:

The main purpose of the design is actually to help scale static damage abilities from heroic like the Paladin's light damage. As an example, when we do a pass for the Assassin tree both Venomed Blades and Shadow Dagger can be made to scale with Melee Power and then these become more useful in later levels.

Sev~

Not sure if it was said elsewhere but

quote:

Grand Master of Flowers balancing, beyond the Melee Power addition to the innate abilities, is not on our list to rework for the next update.

Sev~

Does imply they're aiming to get this out for U23, which is a couple months out. So I'd expect Lamannia versions of these changes soon.

quote:

Let me discuss ranged Master's Blitz with the team. If it's bugged to work with ranged this might not be the time to fix it. We aren't looking to nerf builds. We could, for example, make Master's Blitz increase Ranged Power to match its current functionality.

Sev~

I'm okay with them not nerfing it before they have the time to look into providing other options.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Well, I wouldn't mind them rebalancing GMoF, and I'll happily take all these changes in the meantime. It could do a lot of good for so many enhancement attacks that are good initially but suck poo poo later. Being able to free up 2-3 feats, and still getting OC, is just amazing though, and one of the better changes they'll have made in a long time. I think Paladins, especially Bladeforged ones, will probably be very popular once U23 hits. At least, I know I'll be working on a build for one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Dreams can come true - Otto's boxes are back for a limited time. I knew I stocked up on points for a reason!

Also, the interaction between Single Weapon Fighting feats, swashbuckling, and shield mastery feats is NOT intended and is actually going to be patched. So, the whole idea of getting both dodge and double strike while swashbuckling is completely unintentional and will apparently be removed in U23 (possibly). Someone pointed out that literally only swashbucklers can *ever* take advantage of this, so maybe they'll let it slide as it's hardly gamebreaking. Really though, a choice between 10% doublestrike plus attack speed and double primary stat to damage, and 10% dodge plus doublestrike that you really only get in epic levels, is no choice at all.

• Locked thread