Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Beef Waifu posted:

Kou's persona is actually basketballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah it's similar to the Showtime super from Darkstalkers. The difference with this though is I can probably actually complete this one.

I would not be surprised if the move was impractical as hell, but it seems to be a super grab, so who honestly knows?

It's an unblockable hit, she gets the two "!!" before she does it. It comes out slow as hell though, even as a punish its utility is limited.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would be very happy is someone won a very important game by finishing with the dancing move.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Beef Waifu posted:

Only SEES, the Investigation Team, and Labrys get a shadow version. Everyone else is just the one version of themselves. Sho gets Minazuki who is something like a shadow mode in that he transfers SP between rounds and can go into Shadow Berserk, but he plays differently from Sho and has a persona with his own set of moves.

So basically...

Shadow Version = Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Rise, Labrys, Junpei, Yukari, Akihiko, Mitsuru, & Kenomaru
No Shadows = Liz, Marge, Adachi, Slabrys, Sho, Minazuki & Marie

Uh, Minazuki has no Shadow Berserk mode. He's a regular character with a burst and a Persona, no SP transfer.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

relevant P5 footage

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chickenfrogman posted:

Uh, Minazuki has no Shadow Berserk mode. He's a regular character with a burst and a Persona, no SP transfer.

I could've sworn he had SP transfer as I saw him enter a second round and do an IK right away on a computer in arcade mode. This might be before patches though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

relevant P5 footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8ZqVGzDXQ

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yeah, that's true. It makes me think that maybe the other person is supposed to hit buttons too and the guy playing just didn't know, or something. Lilith's super in Darkstalkers was like ten seconds.

Nope, I was shown it at E3 and was just stuck standing there while I got hit. It was easy to avoid (and in fact the Atlus guy had to beg me to stand still so he could show it to me) but once you're hit it is all on them.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Beef Waifu posted:

I could've sworn he had SP transfer as I saw him enter a second round and do an IK right away on a computer in arcade mode. This might be before patches though.

One of his command throws steals SP. P4U might also have the thing Blazblue does where you get full meter taunting the computer, I dunno.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chickenfrogman posted:

One of his command throws steals SP. P4U might also have the thing Blazblue does where you get full meter taunting the computer, I dunno.

Interesting, I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Who are you guys gonna main in Ultimax?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I only play Kanji because he's loving Kanji but I may have to play Rise now because she looks stupid and ridiculous and I'm all about that. gently caress, I'll just diversify in general.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Kanji, Yosuke, and Minazuki. I played Yosuke and Kanji in P4A and both of them got buffed into the stratosphere, but Minazuki has literally everything I want in a fighting game character. He's like a faster Ragna with moves that are actually plus on block and teleports.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want to play as the kid that everyone hates and the dog, because those spear pokes are hella cool and huge, but I hate puppet characters so I dunno.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chie, Sho and Adachi

Maybe Margaret if I like how she plays

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ken was fun as gently caress to play when I played him so probably him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Koromaru probably negates the stigma of playing as Ken in my eyes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Margaret would be cool if she played like Nu did in Blazblue, except with cards instead of laser swords. I just thought she looked badass in P4 with all the tarot cards floating around her while she hovered off the ground.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked playing as Labrys and now there are like 6 Labrys's or something so all of those variants.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I'm really digging the changes I've seen for Yukiko, so I'm gonna keep on with her. I might pick up one of the new characters, though; Rise looks like a lot of fun too.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Probably going to stick with normal Labrys, even if she's gotten her fun string holding tricks taken away from her and is still probably at the bottom. Rise and Minazuki look pretty fun too, but I have a feeling I will be absolutely terrible with them. Knowing my luck though, I will somehow end up with Yukari or Adachi because one of them will click really well with me in terms of their play-style and never let go.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Elizabeth

*slowly lifts loaded shotgun towards face*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Didn't Elizabeth actually get nerfed?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Deciding who you're gonna play before you have a fighting game in your hands always ends badly. I kind of want to try Sho, I forgot which version of him is supposed to be the fun one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I played and liked Elizabeth in the original, so I'll probably keep up with her at least but I know I want to play Adachi too.

MrAristocrates posted:

Didn't Elizabeth actually get nerfed?

How could that be? Wasn't she already considered one of the weaker characters?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Liz and Labrys (both bottom tier in P4A) got nerfed when P4U came out. Labrys got nerfed a LOT, not sure about how bad Liz got it specifically.

But both of them got small buffs in 1.10 too. I don't think either of them have gotten significantly better, but Labrys actually has a reversal again and Liz actually has damage again.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Liz and Labrys (both bottom tier in P4A) got nerfed when P4U came out. Labrys got nerfed a LOT, not sure about how bad Liz got it specifically.

But both of them got small buffs in 1.10 too. I don't think either of them have gotten significantly better, but Labrys actually has a reversal again and Liz actually has damage again.

Some guy on the Atlus P4U stream at EVO won like eight or nine consecutive matches with Liz, take that for what you will? The same thing happened again later with Mitsuru.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kanji also took a number of hits for some reason. Notably, taking away the invuln from some of his throws, including throw invuln, and doing horrible things to his DP. Arcsys, your hate of grapplers is almost self-parody at this point.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kanji ended up a fair bit better than before overall though, I guess largely due to his new tackle and improved weak starter combos. And to be fair, his DP was stupid as hell so I'm not sad about that part.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as Sho and Chie can still poo poo out damage when the console version comes out like they do now all is right with the world. I dunno about Adachi because we still have seem very little gameplay of him, but if ArcSys' balancing of DLC characters has taught me anything he will be Terumi to Marie's Kokonoe.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Gonna main Marie and collect the tears of everyone beaten by Persona 4's Poochie. :getin:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Squallege posted:

Gonna main Marie and collect the tears of everyone beaten by Persona 4's Poochie. :getin:

I wish Marie would return to her home planet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marie has an Igor in the Box and uses her hat as a weapon, so she is now the best character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Excels posted:

I wish Marie would return to her home planet.

Suddenly her Persona is super fitting.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Now that Rise has a rhythm game super, I could see Marie having a Mad Lib super where you try to make the worst poem you can from a word bank for increased damage.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I expect Marie's IK to be a homage/parody to Slayer's.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Now that Rise has a rhythm game super, I could see Marie having a Mad Lib super where you try to make the worst poem you can from a word bank for increased damage.

?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVW-MKopUzw

Marie trailer's up.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
Wow, Marie actually looks surprisingly interesting. I'm getting more excited about this game by the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Between this and Smash 4, it's going to be a very good 2015 for fighting game fans.

• Locked thread