Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
C and C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Don't forget to vote for MVPs.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
C and B to find out what WoB looks like in PTNverse.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
C and A, since like Tilde I'm curious about what PTN style WoB would be like. And Focht doesn't strike me as the type to take Amaris's seeming threat lying down.

That and I wanna see what the Clanners would even say to the Rim Worlders (except presumably "gently caress you").

e: I would vote for MVPs but I was kind of only paying attention to the fluff for this one and so I couldn't make an informed choice.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Are Goonstar MVP votes for this particular mission supposed to take all three phases of mechs under a player's control into consideration, or just a single unit, as in the previous polls?

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

A and B

Want some straight up clan murder. I am however interested in seeing Amaris negotiating with the Snow Ravens - he's a drat good negotiator and the Ravens are treacherous as all get out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Gimmick Account posted:

Are Goonstar MVP votes for this particular mission supposed to take all three phases of mechs under a player's control into consideration, or just a single unit, as in the previous polls?

Single unit.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
So Jason's not hanging out with the Crescent Hawks in this timeline? Still got his dad's LAM though, it seems.

Polio vote

C "Yes"

and B.

Goon MVP: That Vapor Eagle survived for a long time, and I like the 'mech, so hey.

Opforce MVP: CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABS.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Oh wait The Master?

What we know about the Manei Domini:

1. Furiously dedicated to the resurrection of the Star League
2. Incredibly advanced technology and innovative scientists
3. Killer cyborgs
4. Hate the Clans
5. Killer Cyborgs That Hate The Clans And Can Beat Them One-On-One

My vote for the first one is A: Yes.

The Manei Domini were denied their time of glory against the Clans in canon. This time, I want them to stand against the Clans and redeem themselves in this alternate canon. Cybernetic ferocity versus eugenic strength will test themselves in an apocalyptic battle that will be written about centuries from now.

And seriously guys, when you get to play with Manei Domini implants and what they do you will thank me for it.

Unless this causes a strange and hilarious plot twist in which case I didn't know it'd happen don't blame me.

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 20, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You make a good case and I regret locking my vote in so quickly.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Does “The Master”?
C) “Yes.”

Respond to Amaris’ Invitation?
C) No, tell the other Clans of Amaris’ insulting request.

I wanna see Natasha handle that phone call.

Goon MVP: Warhawk

OpFor MVP: Hill hex 1406 1405, for its valiant efforts at defending the NWR forces from harm.

Edited for accuracy now that I have time to check.

GenericServices fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 20, 2014

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Votin' A and A.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't, I appreciate the attention. For whatever reason, I've always had difficulty finding my own typos.

It's not just you. You probably don't have the luxury, but the aforementioned difficulty is the reason why I usually give it a day or so before proofreading anything I write. Even then, you can still miss things.

And even if it's "just" a talk, I don't think the Clans are willing to share the possibility of glorious battle with their rivals. Talks can go sour, after all, and this one screams of a potential powder keg full of Stackpolite.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
C & B: Say yes to the elemental vs cyborg fight scene as both sides inevitably try to ambush the other.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

master D
invitation A

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

B) No. (I want to see how Amaris reacts.)
B) Yes, but don’t tell the other Clans.

Another typo:

quote:

“You’ve told me the Clans are not monolithc. Would you deny the rights of another Clan to avenge themselves upon someone who interfered in one of your own trials?”
It should be "monolithic".

Goon MVP: Mechwarrior Ath (Kraken) - Because he's going to be so angry no one killed him. Again.
OP MVP: I'm voting for Hill Hex 1205 for saving that Chameleon's life.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
C: "YES" in the best Kosh impersonation in the 31st Century.
B: Respond, but don't tell the others.

OP4 MVP: THAT FRAKKING CRAB
GOON MVP: The Huntsman, for doing the best job of holding down the entire south map, and distracting over a star of Mechs that would have otherwise flanked everyone else in the North.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Does “The Master”?
C) “Yes.”

Due to a combination of wanting to see a potential split in ComStar and because Amaris not having an easy ride makes for a more entertaining story.

Talk to the filthy spawn of the Usurper? After he has shown his vile treachery to the entire galaxy? Not a chance. This 'invitation' is an insult to every Clansman, and every Clansman has the right to know about it.

As for MVP's:

Player MVP: Everyone for being thrust into an incredibly difficult situation and still inflicting greater than even casualties on the attacker. Particular mention must go to the Warhawk which kept on trucking even after taking some very nasty hits.

OpFor MVP: Void Signature System, because without it the Rim-Worlders would not have been nearly so dangerous.

Edit: Also, did Jeremiah Rose just get written out of existence? :haw:

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 20, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Scintilla posted:

Does “The Master”?
C) “Yes.”

I vote like this.

No votes for MVPs because I honestly don't remember the details of the fights well enough at the end to make good votes.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Does the Master?
C) “Yes.”
They deserve each other.

The invitation?

It's hard to pick a MVP, every player shone for a moment and almost every mech did. Maybe I'll come back to it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

C

B

Think of the glory.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

A and A.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C and C I hope these choices will result in mass chaos!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

C and A

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

C and B, because I want to see these conversations.

Goon MVP: Warhawk.
OpForMVP: Craaaaaaab.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

A and B.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
C and B I think.

GoonMVP: Hunt hunt hunt he's the huntsman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Wb14NZ01E
OpForMVP: Only CRAB

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Political Votes:

1. C

2. C

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
A and A.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
1.C
2.B

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
C and B

I almost went c and c so I could make a c&c music factory joke.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A&A

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
MVPs: Warhawk and Crab.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

MVPs: Warhawk and Crab.

I'll vote this too yeah why not.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
A and C

GoonMVP: Warhawk
OpForceMVP: Hell Crab

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

C

and

B

Going for the Crab as Op MVP and the commander of the command center for most inspirational speech before going down. :patriot:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

C and C

GoonlanceMVP: Huntsman
OpForMVP: Crab

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I had forgotten about the Star League's war declaration against the periphery was worded.
Thanks for getting me to re-read the Star League sourcebook(Btech1630) Defiance Industries.

The purpose of the Star League is peace. The ideal of
the Star League is peace. The Star League is eternally
committed to the principles of peace. If the recalcitrant
leaders of the Periphery force our hand and require us to go
to war, the war will be total. No prisoners will be taken. No
holds will be barred. If the Star League is forced to fight for
peace, it will be a fight to the death.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
So "The Master" is something to do with the Manei Domini? I'll be honest, I barely understood any of that part of the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
From what I can gather ComStar and Amaris currently have a common interest and Amaris is asking Focht if he has the support of the Word of Blake as well as vanilla ComStar. If you remember, Focht told the Precentors to refer to him as 'Master' right after becoming the power behind ComStar's throne, a title which in the canon timeline belonged to the true leader of the Word of Blake.

At least, I think that's the context of what Amaris is asking.

• Locked thread