Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He seems to have a lot of power but has pretty bad defense, is a lot slower than the guys at the top of the division and I'm going to assume would be outwrestled by all of them.

His defence is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
^^^Yet he still got punched quite a few times by noted striker Diego Brandao.

Dangersim posted:

He was never even the best fighter in his own camp.

I said an argument could be made. Would you said that Daniel Cormier isn't as good as some people think just because he trains with Cain?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Also difference between Conor and all the other guys in the middle of the pack is charisma.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
It's going to be Diego Sanchez in Mexico. They're going for the slow burn.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

P4P is a really hard discussion because it's almost impossible to back up your argument with facts but Barao probably could never be higher on that list than Cain, Jones, and Aldo.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Ninja PD posted:

It's going to be Diego Sanchez in Mexico. They're going for the slow burn.

Diego by split decision would be hilarious

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I said an argument could be made. Would you said that Daniel Cormier isn't as good as some people think just because he trains with Cain?

I didn't say he wasn't really good, I said I don't think you could say he was No. 1 pfp when Aldo was always clearly better.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Diego is a good striker and he landed all of one clean punch coming over top a cross

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

How terrible this guy is, getting punched in a fight with a professional fighter.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I have trouble saying Glover did better then anyone else just because he has a good chin, he had nothing for JBJ.

I'm not disputing that Glover didn't lose 50-45 to Jones, he got beat soundly, but to make it like he had no reason to be in there against Jones or that he hadn't earned his shot is nonsense.

poo poo if you added up all the strikes Glover did land on Jones I bet it amounts to more than Shogun/Chael/Rampage combined.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

vainman posted:

Diego is a good striker and he landed all of one clean punch coming over top a cross

Diego's best punches were to McGregor's body. McGregor uses his reach pretty well but if anyone get's inside of it they're going to punish him for keeping his chin so high.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ty1990 posted:

McGregor hasn't fought the best competition but he has destroyed all 3 fighters he's stepped into the cage with. If he was getting by on split decisions against this competition that's one thing, but he's done to those 3 fighters what *really* good fighters would have done also.

DDP easily blew the doors off Brandão AND Max Holloway and he'd still get murdalized by the top wrestlers at featherweight.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

henkman posted:

When the people you've beaten are Marcus Brimage and Max Holloway and you're marketed as the second coming yes you're overhyped

him blowing out his knee and then winning two rounds of wrestling with holloway was more impressive to me than any amount of spinny kicks.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

1st AD posted:

DDP easily blew the doors off Brandão AND Max Holloway and he'd still get murdalized by the top wrestlers at featherweight.

Fair point.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Hopefully Conor "Fine rear end Whiskey" Mcgregor fights Michael "Pizza and Ice Cream" Mcdonald someday.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

quote:

Shaun Al-Shatti
@shaunalshatti
Tyrone Spong is at the post-fight presser begging Dana White to sign him to the UFC for a fight in Ireland.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Are Tyrone's legs even healthy enough to do a jig yet

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Gunnar Nelson is going to be a star.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
didnt see it posted but

Fight of the Night: Cathal Pendred vs. Mike King
Performance of the Night: Conor McGregor and Gunnar Nelson

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, sounds like I missed another good card.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Thauros posted:

drat, sounds like I missed another good card.

You really did dude

Prelims : Watch everything with a finish + the Neil Seery fight (Basically skip the Tor Troeng fight)

Main card: Main event good, co-main good, didn't care for the McCall/Pickett fight personally because I was expecting a more exciting fight but it got decent towards the end so maybe I'm just biased because of my expectations. Kotani/Parke is really, really one sided so I'd only catch it if you really wanna watch an asian being beaten half to death

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Is there any way to rewatch the prelims on fight pass? Couldn't find any way myself

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Ninja PD posted:

Gunnar Nelson is going to be a star.

He seems small for welter, he might have a lot of trouble with the bigger wrestlers in the division. I think he could do really special things at 155 if he can make the cut.

parthenocarpy posted:

Is there any way to rewatch the prelims on fight pass? Couldn't find any way myself

http://www.ufc.tv/video/mcgregor-vs-brandao-exclusive-fight-pass-prelims

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Glad Conor took the win - overhyped or not he's really entertaining inside and outside of fights

Also still laughing at the pringles jingle getting referenced as a fight motto in the post fight press conference

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

parthenocarpy posted:

Generally, just searching for 'prelims' will give the latest event as the top hit.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
So the replay of this event is on Fight Pass but blacked out in Australia. Money well spent...

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I wish high level kickboxers could make steady money and work for non-criminal organizations so they wouldn't have to get wrestled while looking for an MMA paycheck.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Just back from it and holy poo poo was that awesome, the results couldn't have gone any better for us.

The atmosphere was unreal, especially when Conor came out! I'm going to be suffering tomorrow from cheering and yelling so much.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

It was great to be there the fights and crowd were good and my ears are ringing it was so loud my goodness.

rewatching now and this will probably be the best fightpass card until the Japan one, probably.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

masato tatanka posted:

It was great to be there the fights and crowd were good and my ears are ringing it was so loud my goodness.

rewatching now and this will probably be the best fightpass card until the Japan one, probably.

Why you gotta hate dawg.

Big fan on youtube tho.

Riotgrrill fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 20, 2014

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Great card especially for one Saturday mid-afternoon

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Tonight I ended up at Conor McGregor's after party, dragged there by a friend. Dumbest bullshit I was ever at, goddamn. All I could see was wall to wall slappers and nine out of ten dudes had bad backs. Sad and educational in the one go.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

rejutka posted:

Tonight I ended up at Conor McGregor's after party, dragged there by a friend. Dumbest bullshit I was ever at, goddamn. All I could see was wall to wall slappers and nine out of ten dudes had bad backs. Sad and educational in the one go.

Can you translate that to english please?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I can't have fun with alcohol, cocaine, and general high spirits

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Fozzy The Bear posted:

In the main event, there were two dudes. One of them was Irish, performing in front of an Irish crowd in Ireland. He won the bout which helped his after party immensely. A friend of mine persuaded me to it, despite my inclinations. He bullshitted his way in, sorta, and then we had an amazingly unfun time, surrounded by orange women in very little, operating under the delusional hope that UFC guy would gently caress them, repeatedly, into some sort of monetary positive. At the same time, most of the males I saw were weighted towards steroids and skipping leg day. Seriously, I have walked into offices full of computer nerds slaving away with better backs and posture. Admittedly, none of them were four foot wide with rounded shoulders that bad, tearing their backs to shreds. Personally, I felt ashamed I was there but learned a lot about how the human body can be distorted detrimentally.

Hope that helps.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

You sound fun.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Everytime I'm at a party the first thing I do is check out dudes backs and critique their posture

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

rejutka posted:

In the main event, there were two dudes. One of them was Irish, performing in front of an Irish crowd in Ireland. He won the bout which helped his after party immensely. A friend of mine persuaded me to it, despite my inclinations. He bullshitted his way in, sorta, and then we had an amazingly unfun time, surrounded by orange women in very little, operating under the delusional hope that UFC guy would gently caress them, repeatedly, into some sort of monetary positive. At the same time, most of the males I saw were weighted towards steroids and skipping leg day. Seriously, I have walked into offices full of computer nerds slaving away with better backs and posture. Admittedly, none of them were four foot wide with rounded shoulders that bad, tearing their backs to shreds. Personally, I felt ashamed I was there but learned a lot about how the human body can be distorted detrimentally.

Hope that helps.

Congrats on missing out on an opportunity to have fun with a bunch of happy drunk people.

Also stop posting this e/n poo poo thanks in advance.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I can only have fun if everyone around me has good backs and there are no sluts around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I regret not taking up RANDOM RUSSIAN DUDE on going to Khabib's afterparty in Orlando, but that was mostly because Mr. Nice! is a terrible cripple who hadn't eaten enough drugs that day. :/

• Locked thread