Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I did a thing!

I stole this picture from my wife's instantgram iphone pictue taker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Congratulations! That is an awesome backyard.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Now, I also want a wooden toilet seat.

App13 posted:

But germs and stuff?

They're everywhere. Your entire bathroom is covered in urine/poo poo. Who the gently caress cares?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

RCarr posted:

Congratulations! That is an awesome backyard.

Thanks! It sold me on the house. 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, .67 Arces, Firepit, Wood Fireplace. I'm pretty excited.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

cname posted:

They're everywhere. Your entire bathroom is covered in urine/poo poo. Who the gently caress cares?

Toilet seats, even public ones, are pretty innocuous as far as "germs" go, anyway.

You aren't going to get anything from a toilet seat, barring the other person literally making GBS threads, bleeding, or spitting on it...and you having an open wound on the back of your thigh/butt cheek and then also not noticing the poo poo/spit/blood.

The bathroom door handle is far worse. The number of people who don't wash their hands...

And besides which, what makes you think you can't clean a wood toilet seat? :confused:

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

And a bunch of new bits to go inside it.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

App13 posted:

Butt germs and stuff?

ftfy

I bought Cherry Coke today because I haven't had any in years and it's delicious and you should go buy some too.

BulimicGoat
Mar 19, 2007
Inherited a wooden toilet seat when I bought my place. It's nice to not have a freezing cold seat in the winter.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BulimicGoat posted:

Inherited a wooden toilet seat when I bought my place. It's nice to not have a freezing cold seat in the winter.

I'd be worried about splinters

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Well this was an easy decision.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2&pf_rd_i=typ01

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

colas posted:

Note: The typical American fridge usually has 3 pears leaning to the left, not the right.

The typical Murican fridge contains precisely zero pears.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah pears are fruit and fruit belongs in the fruit bowl on the counter.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TheFonz posted:

I did a thing!

That is an amazing backyard. You will love it and the kids I assume you have will love it.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
I bought a refurb gen 4 (or whatever) Kindle and a case because the cat peed on my ancient gen 1 one, and I only need nice things to the extent of "sub-$100, not covered in cat piss." Plus trying out Kindle Unlimited to see if it's worth $10/month.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

First house!

Edit - attachment f-ed up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TheFonz posted:

I did a thing!

But does it have a wooden toilet seat?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

I really wanted a pair and after checking out a few stores and online, found them at one place on 30% sale. :slick:

Archives
Nov 23, 2008

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yeah pears are fruit and fruit belongs in the fruit bowl on the counter.

Typical Americans run the a/c full blast so their fruit remain fresh even outside of the fridge.

Ordered this sharpener on ebay:

but it arrived broken.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
I've never had good results with wooden toilet seats, they always seem to come apart at the joints in a few years, and since they usually have metal fittings, they're usually corroded pretty badly by that point and are really difficult to remove.

Also, I am a total sucker for this sort of thing, even though I rarely if ever have to use any tools outside of the apartment.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Oh, and I got this as a gift for my wife recently and she says it's the only electric shaver she's ever used that wasn't complete garbage. YMMV obviously but she'd already tried a bunch of others and had given up on them altogether.

Jigg
Jul 6, 2004

Helping to give him his first #1 album.

A very, very nice shave.
https://www.harrys.com

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Metanaut posted:

I really wanted a pair and after checking out a few stores and online, found them at one place on 30% sale. :slick:

Wayfarers are very nice! Would probably get a pair if everyone and their dog didn't use them (and if they recent models got rid of the Ray-Ban logo :v:)

I bought two new frames from Shuron, hopefully can use at least one as regular or sunglasses. Maybe even both! Design is peak nerd.

Latter actually have tapered temples like this:

Ihmemies has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Jul 19, 2014

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

amenenema posted:

First house!

Edit - attachment f-ed up

I really hate that all real estate photos are HDR'd now. Surfing around zillow is like walking with migraine auras.

Also nice looking house.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I really hate that all real estate photos are HDR'd now. Surfing around zillow is like walking with migraine auras.

HDR photos increase the value of the property by at least 23,463%. Otherwise the place being sold would look drab and dull and generate no interest :(

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Jigg posted:

A very, very nice shave.
https://www.harrys.com

I just got mine in last week. After a week of use, I can confirm that it is in fact a nice shave. Really really like the cream.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Traded in my old console + all old games for this:

And pre-ordered these:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

Also, I am a total sucker for this sort of thing, even though I rarely if ever have to use any tools outside of the apartment.

So am I and I got one, but its difficult at best to get any torque on the fucker.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

New oven. Baking, here I come :dance:

(Apologies for lovely cellphone picture.)

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

App13 posted:

But germs and stuff?

If you're really such a big baby use polyurethane or marine varnish ontop of what they put on at the factory (which will be more than enough assuming you didn't buy cheap crap)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Rather than two average-sized breasts, I have twelve tiny breasts arranged in clusters like a fly's eye. They allow me to lactate accurately within a 360 degree radius.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Avshalom posted:

Rather than two average-sized breasts, I have twelve tiny breasts arranged in clusters like a fly's eye. They allow me to lactate accurately within a 360 degree radius.

Post....pics? :pwn:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avshalom posted:

Can you post a picture of the anime figurine you're talking about instead of just transcribing some of the text from the box?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Valar Morghulis posted:

Traded in my old console + all old games for this:

And pre-ordered these:

If new Assassin's Creed doesn't let you perform a gloriously patriotic assassination with a flag I will be very dismayed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

2 terabyte PS4-compatible hard drive. Because I play too many video games

I lasted about 5 years on my 360's 20 gig drive but now 500 gigs is like nothing.

threeskin
Jan 2, 2006
One skin, Two skin
I bought some keys for Counter Strike GO and unboxed:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

120GB Samsung 840 EVO because SSDs are magic.

Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Brown switches to get my clickety clack on.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Bought a used bee suit and the first of many urban beekeeping mentoring sessions, then made a new BeeFF

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Bought a used bee suit and the first of many urban beekeeping mentoring sessions, then made a new BeeFF

this is actually a good purchase and you'll have a blast.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Heresiarch posted:

Oh, and I got this as a gift for my wife recently and she says it's the only electric shaver she's ever used that wasn't complete garbage. YMMV obviously but she'd already tried a bunch of others and had given up on them altogether.

I'm on my one year anniversary with my ER-GB40 (wet/dry beard trimmer) and it's been a wonderful year. I've been using it 5-6 times a week, in the shower and it still works as if I just got it, yesterday. Basically, I have the utmost faith in Panasonic shaving devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!
Picked up a few things for my homebrewing setup