Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Rei_ posted:

Yeah I just got the DOW chestpiece to glamour over my noct loria and after like almost 2k seals in hunts I think I'm ready to never hunt again for ... like a little bit? A week maybe? idk. I still have one blood-splattered log sitting in my inventory and the idea of not having the other two is bothering me.

Lookin' loving radical tho

Awwwww man you got the DoW version? Tank version is so much better.

Dat greatcoat tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

bonewitch posted:

more like a DORK

*rolls around in hunting log drops*

Meiteron posted:

Dat greatcoat tho.

Yo I have no doubt in my loving mind that somewhere between now and the High Allagan Coat of Fending that I'll own both and hate myself all the more.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

edit: gently caress

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
DoW version is more flexible because it can be worn by 6 jobs (counting Ninja) so if you're only going to grind one then that is your best bet.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Rei_ posted:

listen not of all can perform blood sacrifices to yoshi p for good rng

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

bonewitch posted:

listen not of all can perform blood sacrifices to yoshi p for good rng

According to the tracking in achievements I am 1/167 for hunt logs off A ranks so I don't wanna hear it :colbert:

6/11 on S ranks

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Meiteron posted:

Dat greatcoat tho.

The shoulder pad on that one is kinda silly though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Out of curiosity, is the password reset tool for this game known to be completely broken? I can go to either the in-game or website based reset page, put in a new password, and the it will straight up not work. Does it just take ages to process? Or is my account just dead?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rei_ posted:

Yo I have no doubt in my loving mind that somewhere between now and the High Allagan Coat of Fending that I'll own both and hate myself all the more.

gently caress you people and your log drops. I grinded out 750 seals that first hellish weekend with zero extra drops. :mad:

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Out of curiosity, is the password reset tool for this game known to be completely broken? I can go to either the in-game or website based reset page, put in a new password, and the it will straight up not work. Does it just take ages to process? Or is my account just dead?

If you have an authenticator, that part of the password reset is flat out pants on head retarded. For some reason, they think that field is the password you want to set, but you can't do it because it's all numbers.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kruller posted:

If you have an authenticator, that part of the password reset is flat out pants on head retarded. For some reason, they think that field is the password you want to set, but you can't do it because it's all numbers.

What it was, apparently, was that I needed to leave the One Time Password field blank?? Well, I don't get it but whatever.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Evil Fluffy posted:

gently caress you people and your log drops. I grinded out 750 seals that first hellish weekend with zero extra drops. :mad:

i swear Rei has an inside line because she a) got all her atmas in under 5 hours and b) got two log drops in like two days of hunts

also we cleared t6 together tonight and she got loot and i didn't :argh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

We just killed Jenova and the entire Aether login server following an S rank hunt in Outer La Noscea. :magical:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Three months and change since starting the post-zenith steps:

Hunts were a godsend for this thing. I walked into 2.3 only about halfway through my needed alexandrite, burned hunts nonstop when I was online for all of a week, and got all the rest of them in short order. Hunts just vomit massive amounts of Mythology at you.

Final stats were 31 determination, 40 crit, and 4 parry. The original plan was for 31det/44crit but I blew through my stockpile of crit IVs and the price for extra ones on the market board has just been soaring upward over the past week. I decided I didn't want to blow 1.5 million gil (if not more from breaks) on some fractional increase to crit rate when I could snag 4 parry for 2k and be done with the drat thing.

That glow is a bit silly, though.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I love your pirate outfit.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Thundarr posted:

We just killed Jenova and the entire Aether login server following an S rank hunt in Outer La Noscea. :magical:

hahahaha i fuckin' LOVE the hunt

SpamPudding
Aug 5, 2013

:peanut:

Huh, I've never seen those before I won-

Ohhhhh.

hmmmmm.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

SpamPudding posted:

<pictures of someone spirit bonding>
They're probably spirit bonding.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That guy's sitting on like 100-400k gil right there potentially.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Baba Yaga's awesome SMN guide on the FFgoons forum has some "BiS" gear setups, including a "So you want to start doing 2nd Coil" set

How welcome are SMN in coil anyway? I haven't played for a while, but I've been back a few weeks and after making an absurd amount of gil crafting and getting bored of that I decided to build my smn into not suck territory and get above my af2, but if its a waste of time I may just put the work into SCH or WHM or BRD instead.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's probably the worst advertised good part of this game but after a few patches every class is balanced in that none of them are particularly overpowered by the others, so play what you like. Hell, even BLMs which are apparently "the worst" ranged DPS because they have to sit still to cast (and thus any aoe effects make them have to stop casting and kill their DPS) can do insane amounts of damage if played correctly.

Eej fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 20, 2014

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Well, I just resubbed. Glamours are cool.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Is one of you Somedumb Anime? I think my friend and I just ran Dzmael Darkhold with you.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I'm trying to create my character on Excalibur but server is full up. Is this temporary because of the free login period, or should I look for another server? Any chance I'll get through if I stay up late enough?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

D1Sergo posted:

I'm trying to create my character on Excalibur but server is full up. Is this temporary because of the free login period, or should I look for another server? Any chance I'll get through if I stay up late enough?

It's been this way since launch. Sometimes it opens up early mornings. Sometimes not. Good luck.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Wow, the game's changed so much since the beautician guy got added. And I see ZEON is alive again.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

Line Feed posted:

Is one of you Somedumb Anime? I think my friend and I just ran Dzmael Darkhold with you.

There is indeed a PBCer called Somedumb Anime

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Hijacking the SMN discussion for a bit!

I play SCH most of the time and recently got a UAT from ST. I'd like to use this opportunity to transition into playing SMN and have a few questions:

1. How do I register for ffgoons? I wanna read that SMN guide mentioned but I always get ''slow down, turbo'' when registering.

2. What's the logical increments/upgrade progression gear-wise for a SMN?

3. What are the accuracy caps for each coil and how do I balance those out as I progress through the coils? Keep gear-swapping?

4. Is {The Hunt} the best way for me to get stuff to unweather my UAT weapon? I've not done any raids since a little before 2.1 but I could get into raiding once per week if it's worth the effort.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for reposting this again but I'd really appreciate answers :x For #4 I guess I'll go with {The Hunt} as everyone suggested!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Sorry for reposting this again but I'd really appreciate answers :x For #4 I guess I'll go with {The Hunt} as everyone suggested!

For gear, AF+1 or CT gear, then CT2/Coil/Soldiery I believe. And yeah, hunts is far and away the best way to unweather things, provided you can get into one of the LS/TS groups for it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Hijacking the SMN discussion for a bit!

I play SCH most of the time and recently got a UAT from ST. I'd like to use this opportunity to transition into playing SMN and have a few questions:

1. How do I register for ffgoons? I wanna read that SMN guide mentioned but I always get ''slow down, turbo'' when registering.

2. What's the logical increments/upgrade progression gear-wise for a SMN?

3. What are the accuracy caps for each coil and how do I balance those out as I progress through the coils? Keep gear-swapping?

4. Is {The Hunt} the best way for me to get stuff to unweather my UAT weapon? I've not done any raids since a little before 2.1 but I could get into raiding once per week if it's worth the effort.

Thanks in advance!

Generally, when you're first moving through Second Coil and lacking any high allagan pieces gear progression is to chase iLevel over specific substats beyond accuracy; grab as much dropped i110 and use soldiery to fill the difference. Accuracy cap for T6-7 is 470, and T8-9 is 491. The biggest problem you're going to find is that a lot of the soldiery gear lacks accuracy and you'll run into issues until you've gotten some HA Casting gear. If your accuracy is good then the book of spades and soldiery body are good starting options.

This is a pretty decent BiS guide which you can take a look at. Note that if you're not doing Second Coil then optimization doesn't matter at all; and frankly optimization isn't strictly necessary in Second Coil either, even in t9. It just helps.

And yes the Hunt is absolutely the best way to unweather Soldiery gear and get i110 stuff in general right now. Of course, it gets monotonous quickly and pretty much everyone is going to find running Coil more entertaining if you can clear it reliably.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

D1Sergo posted:

I had luck the other day day at around 7 AM EST.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

D1Sergo posted:

Making a character works without a hitch on eurotime. If you can stay up until, say, 3-4 AM EST (around the time I made mine to test it), you should be alright I think?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Also try weekdays. I transferred from another server this week (pretty sure transfers and new characters are restricted at the same time, right?) along with a couple friends. Friends transferred over Monday night around 11PM or 12AM (EST), and I transferred over the following day around 2 or 3 PM. None of us had any issues.

Of course, if you're creating a character to take advantage of the free login and don't plan to subscribe, waiting until the weekend is over probably isn't a good idea.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
Thanks! I guess that just leaves the FFgoons issue. How do I register without getting slowdownturbo?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Thanks! I guess that just leaves the FFgoons issue. How do I register without getting slowdownturbo?

You'll have to contact BotenAnna directly about that, I don't know what that issue could be

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014
Hunted for 2 hours last night in the public linkshell. 1 S-rank, 18 A-rank, and dozens of B-rank kills later I have 400 seals and no logs to show for it. :argh:

I'll probably keep doing it even though I hate it because the rewards are so high but I can't help feeling that disgusting RNG-hosed feeling.

edit: typo (400)

dangersandwich fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 20, 2014

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

dangersandwich posted:

Hunted for 2 hours last night in the public linkshell. 1 S-rank, 18 A-rank, and dozens of B-rank kills later I have 300 seals and no logs to show for it. :argh:

I'll probably keep doing it even though I hate it because the rewards are so high but I can't help feeling that disgusting RNG-hosed feeling.

How do you only have 300 seals when you killed at least 410 seals worth of S and A ranks?

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Presumably he didn't get full credit on all of them.

Which is easy to believe. People don't wait. :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Also, there aren't 18 zones in this game, and the respawn timer for A ranks is higher than 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Can you transfer a character to a creation restricted server?

• Locked thread