Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

I know for a fact I'm not the only person that knew about the bug and TDH most certainly does. Most of them just don't need it because when you have ancient sets you're more than likely going to win the fight anyway.

Oh god please no. Do they think they can compete with Dota and LoL though? (I don't even really play dota anymore please no more mobas)

I will be totally unsurprised if they sell horribly unbalanced champions for upwards of 300 bucks.

I will be even less surprised when some piece of poo poo buys them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

I will be totally unsurprised if they sell horribly unbalanced champions for upwards of 300 bucks.

I will be even less surprised when some piece of poo poo buys them.

Eagerly waiting for mutou to start playing it :v:

The guy has literally told me "so what" when I mention he's put the cost of a small home into a video game with his chaos flunkies backing him. loving grown children, man.

askas
Jun 17, 2013

Haquer posted:

Eagerly waiting for mutou to start playing it :v:

The guy has literally told me "so what" when I mention he's put the cost of a small home into a video game with his chaos flunkies backing him. loving grown children, man.

And then when they finally do take down the US servers, he'll probably just hop over to another version and do it all over again.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Frank Horrigan posted:

Against my better judgement, I decided to try this game out again. Phoenix Pledge, Wudang School. I did the tutorials and poo poo, did some missions around the wudang temple or whatever it is, then got sent back to my hometown where I did some other stuff, and now I'm out of quests and have no idea what to do. Also, how do I join a guild? :saddowns:

Find a Guild Administrator in a city, click Join / Support Guild, click the circular checkbox in the upper left, then search for GoonTangClan (case sensitive).

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

This is coming after Age of Wushu gets released on console right :kiddo:

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

I know for a fact I'm not the only person that knew about the bug and TDH most certainly does. Most of them just don't need it because when you have ancient sets you're more than likely going to win the fight anyway.

I'm pretty sure it got worldchatted after Hua.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Jayen has been using that poo poo against Feedz in Hua before but he said he thought it was just regular Viet dsyncinc, but he still won anyway.

On the other hand I've seen TDH and Rebellion use it like it is a skill against each other in duels.
Mutou's p2w's had used it on me too, i.E. the guy that bought Mugen, lucky for me I don't know how to set up any scripts so I can't be tempted to use it XD.

Speaking of p2w's supposedly teenage kids of some rich family have been buying accounts left and right, paying about 150$ for Meek (That ones has no Jianghu inner gold gear and not even finished Scholar 4th Inner wtf!), 400ish for snowfox or some poo poo I don't know the original name it has full Jade and I think it used to be a Rebellion, they bully lowbies with all day and feel real tough hah.

And the MOBA thing: I wanna bet they try to fill a niche for China again, there is no wuxia MOBA for china and that stuff is national pride material for the chinese.
Moonlight Blade caused quite an uproar in that regard, as the company developing is regarded as the best game company China has to offer, and the many chinese gamers expect Moonlight Blade to be a wushu killer (As unlike here the game is still drat popular over there)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Someone get someone to buy Chartreuse.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

So I dug some more into Moonlight Blade Online Beta 3, with the help of phyllis I went through the signup process with her:

You sign up for some wierd Chinese service called QQ, register your QQ number with the game.
You need 2000 QQ Points to get a key for the game, you get 10 points for logging on, and there is other poo poo you can do for free points like sign up for chinese facebook and other random crap, Phyllis did all of that ( I gave up ) and ended up 700 points short she'd have to buy...

TLDR: Not worth the trouble, here is hoping for a real Open Beta later this year.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Natalie_Luna posted:

Jayen has been using that poo poo against Feedz in Hua before but he said he thought it was just regular Viet dsyncinc, but he still won anyway.

On the other hand I've seen TDH and Rebellion use it like it is a skill against each other in duels.
Mutou's p2w's had used it on me too, i.E. the guy that bought Mugen, lucky for me I don't know how to set up any scripts so I can't be tempted to use it XD.

Speaking of p2w's supposedly teenage kids of some rich family have been buying accounts left and right, paying about 150$ for Meek (That ones has no Jianghu inner gold gear and not even finished Scholar 4th Inner wtf!), 400ish for snowfox or some poo poo I don't know the original name it has full Jade and I think it used to be a Rebellion, they bully lowbies with all day and feel real tough hah.

And the MOBA thing: I wanna bet they try to fill a niche for China again, there is no wuxia MOBA for china and that stuff is national pride material for the chinese.
Moonlight Blade caused quite an uproar in that regard, as the company developing is regarded as the best game company China has to offer, and the many chinese gamers expect Moonlight Blade to be a wushu killer (As unlike here the game is still drat popular over there)

Feedz just straight-up murdered Jayen with WCB, didn't he?

Let me know if anyone finds out what that guy's name is, I got an account to sell.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Natalie_Luna posted:

So I dug some more into Moonlight Blade Online Beta 3, with the help of phyllis I went through the signup process with her:

You sign up for some wierd Chinese service called QQ, register your QQ number with the game.
You need 2000 QQ Points to get a key for the game, you get 10 points for logging on, and there is other poo poo you can do for free points like sign up for chinese facebook and other random crap, Phyllis did all of that ( I gave up ) and ended up 700 points short she'd have to buy...

TLDR: Not worth the trouble, here is hoping for a real Open Beta later this year.

Thanks for this. I got through the QQ bit and registering that ID number with the game, but I was really stumped by what I now realize was the points requirement. The site was also unhappy that I live in the US. Although I think latency will play an even more significant role in that game, I have been intrigued by what I've seen and I also hope to be able to check this game out some in a real open beta sometime.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Oh right, it's the 20th.
Buy Hua ticket today between 1800 and 2100 server for 50L if you want to watch next Saturday.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well, at least I got to use stun poison on a stun stick with my stun set before I left. :unsmith:

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well, at least I got to use stun poison on a stun stick with my stun set before I left. :unsmith:

Was it everything it promised to be?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ArdanSortek posted:

Was it everything it promised to be?

It was super god drat annoying and the flashbang effect from storms was pretty incredible.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

I have to stay in a clinic for 4-6weeks they allowed me to keep my cellphone but no games for nat...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

I have to stay in a clinic for 4-6weeks they allowed me to keep my cellphone but no games for nat...

At least you won't be missing much in the land of jianghu :v:

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Natalie_Luna posted:

Sorry. Hope all is well.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Why are the terrorists trying to train super inners at this point in the server's lifespan? Can't imagine it'd be too useful since 64 Jianghus get the same power level.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Natalie_Luna posted:

That sucks, hope you get well soon though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Why are the terrorists trying to train super inners at this point in the server's lifespan? Can't imagine it'd be too useful since 64 Jianghus get the same power level.

Other than opening the meridian, those inners were only useful for the short amount of time between those who started training Jianghu 49 to finishing them. So for the pay2wins they started being useless right after hua launch (but not many dumped dings into spinning it other than big names like Mutou, GreatEast or Feedz) and for everyone else it was January or so this year since 1-49 took 2.5-3 months to train for Jianghu inners.

Some pics. Apparently REs get a new message in the 'Combine' chat window?

Guy hits me near the bank in Chengdu and runs all the way back to the Mortuary only to learn that I can still punch his face in.

Last I heard he bought that account for some $$$.

SPEAKING OF, this is Chengdu scene chat pretty often now

Seems that Rouko (used to lead NBloc) cashed out and his character is now owned by some guy in Gensomaden :shrug:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Not trying to be a dick but is there actually anyone left on the server? Your posts make it seem like you're the only one left against the endless tide of P2Wins Haq :ohdear:.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Not trying to be a dick but is there actually anyone left on the server? Your posts make it seem like you're the only one left against the endless tide of P2Wins Haq :ohdear:.

Actually a lot of the big names quit and some of them were sold or given to less skillfull people sometimes both, making it sort of funny apart from bein stuck without a gaming pc i cant use feedz to full extend, huyet has no idea how2dogebeat on jayen..

Most of the new kids buying accounts cant even win against infals.

New nick (fakeazn) is terrible xD

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Everyone should just play Wulin instead, an actually fun game. They're even merging the french and german servers into the English one.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Estraysian posted:

Everyone should just play Wulin instead, an actually fun game. They're even merging the french and german servers into the English one.

The game is utterly loving awful with high ping so no thanks. Main reason I can kill most pay2wins is because I have 60-80ms ping and maybe 110 ping spikes on a bad day.

On the subject of pay2wins, most of them are also selling their accounts to even worse players so I've been killing people with underleveled beggar 4th (started using it at 38 against Jianghu 64 users, now at 41). The pay2wins that are still around and have known me for a while typically don't even pick fights with me anymore since I either kill them or slip off and taunt them.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So I've been playing on the chinese server as the total antithesis to my Wushu character; what are some sweet Yin sets? I mean even Taichi is still usable. Besides sweet sets in general, any ideas for a trash control set? I really miss my shaolin's bhodi stick when i get swarmed.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

So I've been playing on the chinese server as the total antithesis to my Wushu character; what are some sweet Yin sets? I mean even Taichi is still usable. Besides sweet sets in general, any ideas for a trash control set? I really miss my shaolin's bhodi stick when i get swarmed.

Yin? No. If you're talking as an internal set, the only real internal control set is a cash shop set which is 9 Palaces. The other set is the Royal Guard set Eagle Claw Fist, which is internal but it's also Yang/Hard so you'll lose a bit of damage (it's really drat good for cleaning trash up though).

In deadgame.exe news, attacking people while they're dueling life shifus never gets old

This guy decided to attack me a couple weeks back to aid his buddy who was kidnapping (I killed them both). I've been killing him repeatedly since and I guess he forgot why? :v:

:kiddo:.jpg

Also this has recently become a thing (in the brothel next to the Chengdu bank). The terrorists had about 10 people in it the other day all afk :iiam:

Also I made a small video to show off a couple horse bugs I've found recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHaykvjiAO0

The first bug I'm not sure how it's triggered but I've done it several times since the expansion. The second one, just as I summoned my horse I also managed to eat food before it did a global cooldown check (it's 1 second for items) so it just handed me both models :pwn:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Qing Er must like divination stalls being set near her, wonder what RE it is.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

Yin? No. If you're talking as an internal set, the only real internal control set is a cash shop set which is 9 Palaces. The other set is the Royal Guard set Eagle Claw Fist, which is internal but it's also Yang/Hard so you'll lose a bit of damage (it's really drat good for cleaning trash up though).

What about Taiji? Any decent Taiji control sets that aren't cash shop? (Cash shop sets here are loads of dings and I can't afford any more deductions from my rice budget)

I also just meant sweet Yin sets in general; like any yang dude should get headbutts, any similarly sweet yin stuff i should know about? School sets or cash shop? Also good sets for exploring jianghu? Pibbs used to upchat Spirit Snake, but again, Yang.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 30, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

What about Taiji? Any decent Taiji control sets that aren't cash shop? (Cash shop sets here are loads of dings and I can't afford any more deductions from my rice budget)

I also just meant sweet Yin sets in general; like any yang dude should get headbutts, any similarly sweet yin stuff i should know about? School sets or cash shop? Also good sets for exploring jianghu? Pibbs used to upchat Spirit Snake, but again, Yang.

I guess if you want to dick off with Leisure Kicks? Vertigo Dart is always good but it's yin/external so it doesn't fit well unless you're a Tangman and at that point you already have the set. Like I said before there's not really any taichi/yin control sets in the entire game (that aren't 9p).

Of course the staple of PVE for the longest time has been Perish Blade which is another Yin/External set so you could always aim for it (and you should).

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
Not sure how many people will be interested in this but the new expo is coming tonight and Snail somehow put together a REALLY good gift pack here: http://www.f2p.com/age-wushu-warriors-ascension-expansion-giveaway

Just shove in an alternate email and click the link and it will get you the code... a 30day or PERMANENT pet that was only available for $600 and a reasonable chance at a free jade powder... Get on it.

askas
Jun 17, 2013
If you don't own a pet already, this might be an easy way to get in beast villa if anyone was looking to do that. I don't think it will kick you once the pet expires.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Timed pet? I guess it's better than nothing. poor bunny, rip in 30 days.

Edit. How does that permanent-part come in?

Jorgos Nuuh fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 30, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Timed pet? I guess it's better than nothing. poor bunny, rip in 30 days.

Edit. How does that permanent-part come in?

It's random, you either get a 30 day or a permanent. I've yet to see anyone say they got a permanent one.

Also, the Gold/Jade powder is random. I got a gold on my main and a jade on my alt and they're both loving bound so it's really loving useless! Thanks snail!

askas
Jun 17, 2013
I don't really see how its useless if it's bound and class 6 gear is released tomorrow. Unless I am mistaken I think the powder is still used in upgrading to class 6, as well as the new "raw jade" items.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Why the gently caress would I put jade on my alt when I don't have it on my main yet.

I have 4 pieces of C4 gear that it's taken me 2 months so far to get since I'm not a disgusting pay2win like most people left in the game.

askas
Jun 17, 2013
I'm dumb and forgot that detail. I think you could give that character an unbound class 3 item and upgrade it with the powder, then upgrade it again with an unbound piece of class 4 jade. Kinda a risk since you wouldn't know what you were getting, not to mention the price in enchanting mats.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

askas posted:

I'm dumb and forgot that detail. I think you could give that character an unbound class 3 item and upgrade it with the powder, then upgrade it again with an unbound piece of class 4 jade. Kinda a risk since you wouldn't know what you were getting, not to mention the price in enchanting mats.

Iirc you have to bind the item before you upgrade with bound powder..or was that just rerolling the stats where it asked to bind..

Either way fuuuck ill be behind again because im stuck in this drat place.. Rip wushu

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Man, I've been so busy with work and missed so much that the game is twice as full of broken content but now basically empty it seems. I'm going to try to play a bit for fun and to see what is happening but from the sounds of it this game is a walking ghost.

GoonTangClan have any new games that we have flocked over to? I miss the joy of a broken, occasionally brilliant, but ultimately fallen off the back of a truck game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Man, I've been so busy with work and missed so much that the game is twice as full of broken content but now basically empty it seems. I'm going to try to play a bit for fun and to see what is happening but from the sounds of it this game is a walking ghost.

GoonTangClan have any new games that we have flocked over to? I miss the joy of a broken, occasionally brilliant, but ultimately fallen off the back of a truck game.

A lot of the old gtc people went to swordman online