Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Heading down to some friends in Skien tomorrow to catch Odd - Vålerenga with the family.

Please god let us win, I can't stand a weekend there if Odd win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
More insolvency news.

HamKam will file for bankruptcy on July 1st if they don't get in the money required (3.2MNOK) to secure further running of the club.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Not as bothered about HamKam, as they already wrecked their club and are well on their way down the league structure anyway. Bankruptcy might actually do them good at this point.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
gently caress football, gently caress Odd, gently caress Skien and gently caress all of Telemark!

That's all.

gently caress!

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Well, our economy is in the shitter, but at least the team wins matches :unsmith:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
:siren: Brann won a match :siren:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
And VIF lost against Stabæk in the Stengel-case. 5.6MNOK due to Stabæk, no option for appeal.

Just loving great!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
loving hell, that's a big bill for a club already struggling with the finances. Why can't football clubs find decent people to run their clubs? :(

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
Shame, Vålerenga seems to be taking positive steps to turning the club around, so it must suck to be back to square one. Funny how Stabæk who was the instigators to this whole Stengel-mess got through pretty unharmed.

I think VIF and Lillestrøm will survive though, just to keep limping along as always. Perhaps the Oslo-region has a football curse over it.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

:siren: BRANN WON A TIPPELIGA MATCH :siren:

No longer bottom of the league :getin:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
And we are off to a good start after the summer break...

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Apparently Brann want Karadas back and Karadas wants to go back to Brann. So much in fact that he's willing to pay parts of his own transfer sum. Last time I can remember a player contributing to a transfer was when Huseklepp revoked his sign-on fee in order for Brann to agree to a Bari deal. Nice to see it works the other way around as well :unsmith:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
According to rumors, RBK are looking into the possibility of bringing Karadas back as well.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

:siren: BRANN WON A TIPPELIGA MATCH :siren:

No longer bottom of the league :getin:
:woop:

Also Badji played well! Brann brought in Terje Hauge to explain what not to do, apparently.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Ugh, I'm not sure I can cope with another trip to Skien to watch old man Frode Johnsen destroy us.

We should start Berre as a countermeasure.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Rosenborg signed a Danish 20-year old winger today, Emil Nielsen from Roskilde. That sums up all I know about him. The danification continues!

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Grimble posted:

Ugh, I'm not sure I can cope with another trip to Skien to watch old man Frode Johnsen destroy us.

A draw. 2-2, but I'll take it, even if Gunnarson kinda screwed us over again.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Lurgy do you think Gamboa will stay at RBK now?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Drogadon posted:

Lurgy do you think Gamboa will stay at RBK now?

I do not. Possibly for the rest of the year, but the rest of the world primarily does their shopping in the summer, and after a great wc performance i cant see how we wont get offers for him. Latest rumors say Hull want him - personally wouldve wanted a slightly more prestigious team, but it might be a sensible choice re: first team spot in a big league. Still early days in silly season though, im sure there will be more rumors about him to come.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

Lurgy posted:

Rosenborg signed a Danish 20-year old winger today, Emil Nielsen from Roskilde. That sums up all I know about him. The danification continues!

a winger from the third best danish league no less. i think that sums up pretty much what anyone knows about him, beyond scoring a bunch of goals against part-time truckers and school teachers last year. not exactly a marquee signing, but i guess they think: the guy is only 20 so, hey, whatever, lets see what the guy can turn into

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

so apparently S08 has "mutually decided to part ways" with their coach? why the hell would they do that? did the guy just get really fed up with the beautiful pearl of the north that is the city of sarpsborg? (would be understandable i guess)

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
His contract is up this winter, he's just decided not to extend it.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

ah ok, somehow I thought he had two years left on his contract, but I guess that explains it

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Molde don't seem interested in making this exciting at all. Guess I know how ya'll felt during the 90s, eh?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Crap....

Ohwell, the draw's fair enough.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

Another draw that's pretty ok considering the game, but such a loving letdown.

Should've beaten both Odd and RBK, but I'll take it.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Just gonna keep in mind from now on, if we're up 2-0 at half time, expect a breakdown.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
And the LSK closing sale is on!

First out is Ruben Gabrielsen to Molde for a rumored sum of 3 million NOK! More to come soon!

:smith:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Join the club.

Chibuike is gone to Gaziantepspor. Nicki Bille Nielsen gone to Evian. Gamboa on his way to Derby. Strandberg going to gently caress knows where. Selnæs and Berntsen still not getting regular playing time so I won't be surprised to see them go.

Oh, and Mix probably off to Celtic.

Gonna be a busy summer, at least.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Brann got rid of Sokolowski and Larsen went to Hønefoss on loan, which is a strange loan, considering Larsen reportedly was among the players not impressed with Skarsfjord, and Skarsfjord didn't give Larsen much playing time while in Brann either.

On the player in side so have we only got two players returning to the club, Azar Karadas and Eirik Birkelund. Not very exciting, but I like Karadas, and he's the kind of player we need right now, and Birkelund is reportedly a very good talent. Need more to ensure survival though.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

Lurgy posted:

Join the club.

Chibuike is gone to Gaziantepspor. Nicki Bille Nielsen gone to Evian. Gamboa on his way to Derby. Strandberg going to gently caress knows where. Selnæs and Berntsen still not getting regular playing time so I won't be surprised to see them go.

Oh, and Mix probably off to Celtic.

Gonna be a busy summer, at least.

Well, you can reimburse the money in new players to replace them. Which one will be the hardest to replace? Gamboa?

But for LSK it's going to pay off debt. And with Gabrielsen going to Molde leave LSK with a grand total of 4 defenders, 2 of which are left backs and a third on loan from Molde. Then you can add the fact that one of those left backs are Stian Ringstad which is most likely off this summer as well. This loving sucks when LSK finally have a decent season, but that's what you get for using money like brainless morons over the last decade.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Ironically replacing Gamboa will probably be a non-issue if Svensson decides to go fullback fulltime. Strandbergs probably the worst one to replace. He goes well with Reginiussen and we've already struggled to cover the back four with injuries and such. Also need a backup striker in case Søderlund goes bad.

I dunno, we're not gonna challenge for the title anyway, so we might as well just play what we got and figure stuff out come winter when Perry leaves.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
RBK almost single-handedly ruining our coefficient at the moment. Those Irish fellows have them figured out.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Yeah, I don't see us scoring two away goals against them, and that's without counting for when they inevitably score as well. Perry just about had me fooled, thinking things were getting better.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Thank you Kasper Skaanes. I was resigned to see us relegated this season after that Stabæk goal, now I have still a tiny ray of hope remaining :unsmith:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
So we broke Godset's home record yesterday. I was hoping for a lucky draw but a win was never really on the cards. Colour me impressed. There's a lot of ifs and buts for the next few weeks and months, but we're looking like a medal team right now. :feelsgood:

Tommy Høiland impressed today as well. Granted, it was against Ulf, but a hat trick is still a hat trick.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We're still terrible.

But we won! :getin:

And Gamboas premier league team is apparently West Brom.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress me, two more defenders out. Now we got 2 left... Finished the match with two midfielders on the right back and in the central defense. So pretty happy with a point all things considered.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

...aaaaand Perry has been fired. Not the biggest surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Im surprised it happened today and not weeks ago or at the end of the season.

Now who the gently caress is gonna take over?

Edit: oh god, its gonna be Nordlie, isnt it

Huckert fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 21, 2014

• Locked thread