Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey TNG people. You all level drat alts. Use some of the XP boosters that are in the vault. I keep dumping them there and the stacks keep going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Speaking of re-specing I finally got my true nerd on.

banned

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For what? I simply took a picture of the two specs I use in case I forget! ;)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was on my commando and one of you killed me a lot in a warzone just now. :mad:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

Hey TNG people. You all level drat alts. Use some of the XP boosters that are in the vault. I keep dumping them there and the stacks keep going up.

I don't think a ton of people remember to use the guild bank. I drop schematics and crafting mats in there all the time and nobody gets them :(

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Free XP boosters you say? I think I can handle that. I raided a bunch in WoW through various expansions and I would love to hop in some day with you cats. Working on a 33 Marauder and a 15ish Agent healer guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Free XP boosters you say? I think I can handle that. I raided a bunch in WoW through various expansions and I would love to hop in some day with you cats. Working on a 33 Marauder and a 15ish Agent healer guy.

There's a ton of the specific boosters (class mission only, war zone only, etc) I dump them because I just use the overall xp boosts which are superior, but if you have nothing it's better than that. :)

Airwalk
Jul 7, 2010
Anyone on Jedi Covenant imp side that can invite me to the guild? Name: BillyD

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I know this has been bitched about ad nauseam but ARGHHHH WHY WHY WHY would you start dicking around with the puzzle in KDY when someone has already offered to solve it?! Five seconds after I said I'd get it this Gunslinger broke off from the group and ran up to the console (aggroing the mobs near it of course) and started trying to mess with it before it was even unlocked. Then when we did unlock it he immediately engaged me in a battle of wills, running around behind me and screwing with the options after I'd set them, then I'd run around quickly changing them back, then he'd change them, etc., until he finally managed to change one, then execute before I could fix it. He put so much effort into loving it up.

At first I figured he was probably just trolling, but on the next floor when we were fighting the Elite droid he spent the whole time trying to slice it. :what: Wasn't even new, either, dude was level 30 and guilded (not that that necessarily means poo poo). Only good part of that run was votekicking him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Drunken EV and we're short 1. Someone log in a 50-55.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Phoneposting. Sorry I ditched, the missus is in labor!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Phoneposting. Sorry I ditched, the missus is in labor!

Hospitals have WiFi now. Just saying.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Not sure how many folks might be interested in the following, but as a (former) DJ/Correspondant for a variety of MMO-related Internet radio stations (Paragon Radio, MMO Radio, WoR [World of Roleplayers], and GRI Netwrok [Gamer Radio initiative]) I like to keep updated on how various MMOs are travelling. As such, I came across the following article:

quote:

Not only is ESO proving to have retained nearly 800,000 subscribers through June, but apparently SWTOR, LotRO, and TERA (even Lineage) are all doing quite well as well according to new research from SuperData. Read on for details.

As GameIndustry.biz reports on the research:

quote:

Star Wars: The Old Republic remains one of the top five subscription MMOs in the world, according to new research from SuperData.

EA's ambitious MMO, which launched with a subs-only model but eventually integrated freemium options, made $165 million in revenue worldwide last year. That figure is from subscriptions, expansion packs and microtransactions, and it makes Bioware's MMO the fourth biggest in the world in terms of earnings.

As expected, Blizzard's World of Warcraft remains the global leader by a wide margin, with just over $1 billion in revenue. The first game in NCSoft's Lineage series was a distant second with $253 million in revenue - a truly remarkable amount given that it was launched in 1998. Indeed, NCSoft games occupied four of the top ten.

An interesting graph from the article shows SWToR has (an estimated) 6% of the market share for subscription-based MMOS, coming in 4th behind WoW, Lineage, and TERA Online

Full article is HERE for anyone interested.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

OzCavalier posted:

Not sure how many folks might be interested in the following, but as a (former) DJ/Correspondant for a variety of MMO-related Internet radio stations (Paragon Radio, MMO Radio, WoR [World of Roleplayers], and GRI Netwrok [Gamer Radio initiative]) I like to keep updated on how various MMOs are travelling. As such, I came across the following article:

An interesting graph from the article shows SWToR has (an estimated) 6% of the market share for subscription-based MMOS, coming in 4th behind WoW, Lineage, and TERA Online

Full article is HERE for anyone interested.

I'm surprised Aion is doing so well, that game was a Korean grindfest when it came out. Also LotRO might not even exist in the not too distant future. WoW is a drat beast I seriously can't believe that game has been out for 10 years and is still #1.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

jabro posted:

Hospitals have WiFi now. Just saying.

Wasn't there a goon who was literally raiding from the maternity wing as his wife was in labor?

e; in WoW

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 20, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

Wasn't there a goon who was literally raiding from the maternity wing as his wife was in labor?

As much as I like running TC I didn't want to be the guy spamming Unload and fusion missile while the missus was having contractions.

Tbf though sitting here as exciting and emotional as it is is kind of like a long-rear end raid. Long stretches of nothing happening while I consider whether I'd have time to poop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Tough posted:

I'm surprised Aion is doing so well, that game was a Korean grindfest when it came out. Also LotRO might not even exist in the not too distant future. WoW is a drat beast I seriously can't believe that game has been out for 10 years and is still #1.

What is going on with LOTRO? That game was really good back in the day, but I know Turbine has made some awful decisions with it over the last few years. The goon guild was awesome back in the day. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

As much as I like running TC I didn't want to be the guy spamming Unload and fusion missile while the missus was having contractions.

Tbf though sitting here as exciting and emotional as it is is kind of like a long-rear end raid. Long stretches of nothing happening while I consider whether I'd have time to poop.

Best quote ever.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

What is going on with LOTRO? That game was really good back in the day, but I know Turbine has made some awful decisions with it over the last few years. The goon guild was awesome back in the day. :(

It's a licensing issue:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-wants-disqualify-tolkien-710764

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"The estate of J.R.R. Tolkien and book publisher HarperCollins launched the lawsuit in November 2012, claiming Warner Bros. and Saul Zaentz Co. had infringed copyright and breached contract by taking Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit into allegedly impermissible places."

If I remember correctly, during development lotro was carefully developed alongside the Tolkien estate and everything had to be approved through them. So it's going to be kinda hard to argue that Lotro should cease to exist. Sorry for the off topic stuff.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, he's born, asleep, and mostly healthy. He was a couple weeks premature so they're gonna keep him overnight just to make sure. I'm in a Québécois hospital on a business trip staying in a crummy hotel with godawful wifi, but I'm a dad and it's the greatest day of my life.

How'd TC go?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Welp, he's born, asleep, and mostly healthy. He was a couple weeks premature so they're gonna keep him overnight just to make sure. I'm in a Québécois hospital on a business trip staying in a crummy hotel with godawful wifi, but I'm a dad and it's the greatest day of my life.

Congratulations!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

:shobon:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Your very own Padawan!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

How'd TC go?

We ended up not running it since some people apparently think having a baby is more important than killing space robots.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Give it a few weeks and I can teach him to run EC

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Congratulations! Put him next to the keyboard and he'll probably tank better than Bedinok!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You let your cat tank once and you hear about it forever, sheesh.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SWTOR: The Cat and Baby Show

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Nipponophile posted:

We ended up not running it since some people apparently think having a baby is more important than killing space robots.

Well, to be fair, there was also some crazy Australian guy whose internet connection started going flaky just as we were about to start too...

Seriously, gently caress that guy. He should get a better internet connection.... :argh:

It was me... I am that crazy Aussie....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Name him after your main.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I finished my first story, a Republic trooper (Rakton's bodyguards were a massive pain), and I'm not really sure what to do. My gear is a good 5 levels behind me but I managed to get dragged through False Emperor at 48. How should I get to 55 from here?

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

StashAugustine posted:

So I finished my first story, a Republic trooper (Rakton's bodyguards were a massive pain), and I'm not really sure what to do. My gear is a good 5 levels behind me but I managed to get dragged through False Emperor at 48. How should I get to 55 from here?

Daily areas, and more flashpoints. I despise Makeb with a passion, so I'm biased against anyone going there ever but there's EXP to be had there if you need it (I recommend going at about 52).

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Does anyone else need to do Alchemy of Evil (the last Dread Seed mission)? I'd like to put a group together if at all possible. That seems like the kind of quest that will lurks forever in one's log if allowed to.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The raid tonight was a lot of fun, someone even got their character to level 55 during the raid. I got 5 upgrades too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

There's always KDY!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

The raid tonight was a lot of fun, someone even got their character to level 55 during the raid. I got 5 upgrades too.

I gots some nice stuff, hit enough basic comms to buy something good too. Don't think I've even been 55 a week and I only have one piece with any components below 156.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blhue posted:

I gots some nice stuff, hit enough basic comms to buy something good too. Don't think I've even been 55 a week and I only have one piece with any components below 156.

I'm really glad gear in this game is easy to get. It doesn't need to be serious business and Bioware understands that.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Name him after your main.

I'm not sure "Hotlantaman" is in any of those baby name books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prb79
Feb 16, 2005

I said come in! posted:

My sorcerer Aldaleth leveled up twice during the raid (logged in at 52, logged out at 54). Thanks for the power leveling guys!

• Locked thread