Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Voting C and C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Just for the record, the numbers so far are:

Does “The Master”?
A) 10 (Yes.)
B) 1 (No.)
C) 28 (“Yes.”)
D) 1 (Better you than me.)

Respond to Amaris’ Invitation?
A) 12 (Yes, and tell the other Clans prior to responding.)
B) 17 (Yes, but don’t tell the other Clans.)
C) 10 (No, tell the other Clans of Amaris’ insulting request.)
D) 0 (No, tell no one.)
E) 0 (No, tell no one while also destroying the disk.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

At least, I think that's the context of what Amaris is asking.

To elaborate further: two powerful and dangerous men met to discover how dangerous they are to each other.

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013

Pooncha posted:

The Master says "Yes" (C). Focht's behaviour implies this turn of events is somewhat unexpected. Play along until it benefits ComStar.

The challenge is accepted, but without telling the other Clans (B). It may be a trap, but think of the glory! :v:

Saying no is a good way to never walk out of there alive. Saying yes and meaning it is to become a pawn.

And definitely take the invitation. Take it, confirm his presence, and then glass the planet.

Amaris must die. There may not be any real 'good guys' in Battletech, but there are individual heroes, and individual monsters. Amaris is the latter.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

BMcDonough posted:

There may not be any real 'good guys' in Battletech, but there are individual heroes, and individual monsters. Amaris is the latter.

Just gonna kinda throw this out there, but...

Y'know how Romano Liao wasn't old Maxie; and how Sun-Tzu wasn't Romano? Or how Thomas Marik and Janos Marik are nothing alike? Or how Victor is kinda like Hanse and Melissa but nowhere near as capable or charismatic? Or how Kai Allard-Liao is nothing like Justin Xiang-Allard?

Ok, that last one's a bad example. The Amaris you're seeing in updates is Stefan Amaris VII.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Does the Master?
C) “Yes.”

The invitation?
C) No, tell the other Clans of Amaris’ insulting request.

Player MVP: Warhawk
OpForce MVP: The Crab

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Remember that this is PTN's Stefan Amaris and not mustache-twirler with an MBA in Villainy Amaris. He's still not a good guy but you don't necessarily need to let spite drive your votes over his last name.

Speaking of which C and A for maximum clashes of the bullshit.

Goon MVP: Warhawk
OpFor MVP: That Damned Hill

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Who are all the people in the updates? Ugh. It's been so long.

Bounty hunter was doing what again?

And who was the Master again?

------------

OpFor MVP: Dat Crab
Player MVP: ??? I guess the one that survived?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

Bounty hunter was doing what again?

The Bounty Hunter was one of the options in the last combat theater vote (the mission to capture Clan machines intact). He succeeded (i.e. got stupidly lucky on an offscreen roll), captured some Clantech, and there will be repercussions so it was worth a political update. It's the aftermath of a battle but the start of PLOT.

He also got Jeremiah Rose's mom killed. :ssh:

Affi posted:

And who was the Master again?

I've never said, but the thread was convinced he's Tor Miraborg.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

And who's Focht again? Isn't he Miraborg? Or is he Frederick Steiner? I.. I can't remember..

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, c'mon.

Cheers on the Jason Youngblood cameo, by the way.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

And who's Focht again? Isn't he Miraborg? Or is he Frederick Steiner? I.. I can't remember..

Focht is The Master. In canon, he's Frederick Steiner; but this isn't canon. Frederick Steiner is still Frederick Steiner, so Focht is clearly someone else. The thread thought he was Tor Miraborg but Amaris tells you exactly who he is in the update :ssh:.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Hanses older brother?

We really need a wiki for this.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Affi posted:

Hanses older brother?

We really need a wiki for this.
Yeah, I'm not really knowledgeable about the dramatis personae of Battletech, so a lot of this is just going straight over my head.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's why I summarized: "Two powerful and dangerous men are trying to decide whether or not they plan to be a threat to each other."

The potential for rivalry and one-upmanship exists, but doesn't have to; and the thread is now voting to decide whether or not they're actually equal in power.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 20, 2014

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
...Dresari?

EDIT: I will totally laugh if that's the case

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The bounty hunter might be jaime wolf...kicked out of the clans during the widowmaker-wolf absorbation, or Wayne Waco...avenging another family member killed by the clans but that's just me hoping.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Ian Davion is Anastasius Focht is the Master.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pooncha posted:

...Dresari?

EDIT: I will totally laugh if that's the case

Isn't Dresari from like, right before the Fedcom Civil War? I mean, you've got Uziels, and Spheroids running around with Clan tech.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hanse's older brother is named Ian. Hanse wasn't actually the heir growing up, and only took over when Ian died leading the 1st Davion Guard against the Combine. It was probably one of the luckiest breaks that the FS could have gotten, because Ian was more or less exactly like Victor: fairly dull of wit, preferred to neglect running the state in favor of leading a single regiment around, frequently taken advantage of by his Dukes. One of the less-overt early changes in the fluff was that, unlike in the prime timeline where Ian was always very decisively dead (Takashi Kurita returned his remains to New Avalon because I guess honor) he was described as missing. I was thinking he'd been picked up by a Clan scout force, where he would fit right the gently caress in, but that was not the case.

e: C & C music factory

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
If a warp shoved the cast of Far Country into the PTNverse, why not a time warp from the future? :v:

I stand corrected. Forgot about Ian Davion. Most of the BT cast fly over my head unless they're really notable for something other than "smug politician".

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clearly he's not as much of a useless jackass in this timeline if he's become the power behind Comstar inside of 20 years.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

I have to imagine getting lit on fire generally causes you to question your previously-held beliefs.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whoops.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

Clearly he's not as much of a useless jackass in this timeline if he's become the power behind Comstar inside of 20 years.

Something something that old joke about Victor secretly being a member of Word of Blake.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Let's go with A and A because I want some apocalyptic battles between the WoB and the Clans and maybe see the FWL have a bit of a chance at scrapping by in the aftermath.

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
The master says,
C
"Yes"

and
C
Don't respond to Amaris and tell the other clans.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Voting A and B for Rim World and Periphery glory!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
OpFor MVP: that fuckin hill :)

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Amaris you're seeing in updates is Stefan Amaris VII.

Oh, I know. I'm basing my assessment of this Amaris entirely on the thread. I might be wrong. But for now, I stand by my assessment.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Bounty Hunter was one of the options in the last combat theater vote (the mission to capture Clan machines intact). He succeeded (i.e. got stupidly lucky on an offscreen roll), captured some Clantech, and there will be repercussions so it was worth a political update. It's the aftermath of a battle but the start of PLOT.

Before or after Jeremiah was born?

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

PhotoKirk posted:

Before or after Jeremiah was born?

We can only hope she was pregnant

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Picard Day posted:

We can only hope she was pregnant

Don't be a super-goon, please. We were doing so well on that front for the last few pages.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's why I summarized: "Two powerful and dangerous men are trying to decide whether or not they plan to be a threat to each other."

The potential for rivalry and one-upmanship exists, but doesn't have to; and the thread is now voting to decide whether or not they're actually equal in power.

the thread is now voting to decide whether or not they're actually equal in power

Which option would make them equal in power because that probably would lead to the most awesome conflicts?

I want that option.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Artificer posted:

the thread is now voting to decide whether or not they're actually equal in power

Which option would make them equal in power because that probably would lead to the most awesome conflicts?

I want that option.

I'm guessing that's "Yes". No implies that he thinks the balance is so far in his favor that Amaris will simply lie down and take it on his own turf. Yes would make Comstar practically a vassal.
Better you than me also sounds relatively equal, with Comstar content to connive in the background while the trouts get to be the face of the operation. More amicable in the short term but it can easily fall apart if one or the other gets greedy later on down the line.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Amaris you're seeing in updates is Stefan Amaris VII.

I hope this is a triple bluff. I'm going to be so disappointed if the penultimate battle does not begin, contain, and end with Stefan Amaris VII eating a baby and literally twirling the mustache on his custom Hogzilla.

And when he's done he makes a joke about how he needs to eat four more babies, because see he's Stefan VII, not Stefan III.

Change everything, change it all, but let me keep my outrageously absurdly stupidly evil and poorly facial haired usurper.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I always liked to think that picture was just Inner Sphere propaganda made to depict Amaris as some fat biker twat in order to further discredit his image (not that he really had one anyways).

Also, I guess my decision depends on what choice will make Comstar hand over all of their toys to the Trouts, then disband/die horribly. Becuase gently caress Comstar.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It doesn't seem like Comstar would have a lot of toys to hand over with the trouts having independently developed a bunch of clan tech.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

PBJ posted:

I always liked to think that picture was just Inner Sphere propaganda made to depict Amaris as some fat biker twat in order to further discredit his image (not that he really had one anyways).

Also, I guess my decision depends on what choice will make Comstar hand over all of their toys to the Trouts, then disband/die horribly. Becuase gently caress Comstar.

it gets worse...here's the uncropped picture.

Do you like gladiator movies richard cameron?"

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PBJ posted:

I always liked to think that picture was just Inner Sphere propaganda made to depict Amaris as some fat biker twat in order to further discredit his image.

I like to think that this is the photoshopped version that he's most proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He literally looks like someone you'd see on a sex offender registry.

• Locked thread