Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Are the new Targetmaster-free legends coming with any other accessories, or are they coming at a lower price point or what? The Insecticons probably need a gun at the very least; hopefully one comes with a normal gun for Shrapnel.

Honestly I was hoping that they just hadn't been showing the partners of the upcoming Legends toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

Are the new Targetmaster-free legends coming with any other accessories, or are they coming at a lower price point or what? The Insecticons probably need a gun at the very least; hopefully one comes with a normal gun for Shrapnel.

Honestly I was hoping that they just hadn't been showing the partners of the upcoming Legends toys.

No they're still coming with target master guys. Thundercracker supposedly has Waspinator #3. It's just I really wanted a kitty targetmaster partner because of the comics. It would have been fitting.

Brawn and Outback are two big unknowns since we haven't seen them yet, but Brawn has a weird name for his partner IIRC.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 20, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well, Acid Storm is obviously the best Seeker.

Greetings, fellow TF fan with excellent taste.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
How fast do the fansproject Headmasters usually sell out? I wanted to get Code forever ago and by the time I saved up the money he was sold out. Now I want Sigma L and am facing the same dilemma.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Waspinator is the worst of the targetmasters, ugh.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Boo, just took my RiD Megatron out of storage now to fiddle with a while and his leg ratchets have become super loose somehow :(

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I hate that. Got my Armada Unicron out of storage a few months ago and his left knee has gone mysteriously all floppy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Blaargh posted:

I hate that. Got my Armada Unicron out of storage a few months ago and his left knee has gone mysteriously all floppy.

The same exact thing just happened to me a couple of days ago! This was the 2008 Toys "R" Us re-packaged version.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The Taint Reaper posted:

He probably is that this point, I mean Thundercracker's Legends figure isn't even coming with a target master that can turn into a cat/tiger/lion.

Obviously he should get a targetmaster named Buster that turns into some sort of dog or wolf.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

XavierGenisi posted:

Obviously he should get a targetmaster named Buster that turns into some sort of dog or wolf.

You're killing them, Buster!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

Okay so here's my official updated Generations wishlist.

-G1-style Arcee (Coming)
-Legends Insecticon team (Coming)
-Decent G1 or IDW Ultra Magnus
-Devastator Combiner Team
-Menasor Combiner Team
-Monstructor Combiner Team
-Longtooth
-Soundwave
-Demolishor
-Armada Megatron (Coming?!)
-Overlord

I'll add to this a voyager class Longrack based on his steam shovel form and a biped mech Spittor.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Blaargh posted:

DoctorWhat posted:

The same exact thing just happened to me a couple of days ago! This was the 2008 Toys "R" Us re-packaged version.

I have junker Unicrons I've been taking apart and selling pieces of, is there something I could salvage off of it that you could use to repair it? I would just ask $6 for the trouble/shipping.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I haven't even done any exploratory surgery yet.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So this weekend Takara released their Age of Extinction versions of new Bumblebee, Drift, Lockdown, Hound, Galvatron and Leader Grimlock.

Shockingly they all flew off the shelves. I hit up a few stores thinking that they should be readily available but I only found a few leader Grimlocks.

Given the general negative sentiment around the movie figures I'm pretty shocked. Takara also hasn't flooded their market with things like 1 step changers so perhaps that's one of the reasons why demand is so high here.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

How is Takara's Galvatron? Did they add an extra drop of paint?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ForeverSmug posted:

Okay so here's my official updated Generations wishlist.

-Longtooth
Really?

...Really? Was he active in the comics or something?

DoctorWhat posted:

You're killing them, Buster!
"I'm a BLAAAAASTER!!!!!!"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Knormal posted:

FAMILY LOVE THUNDERCRACKER

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Knormal posted:

Really?

Longtooth loving rules, scrubnuts!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What is Longtooth going to transform into? An actual walrus like a Beast Wars character? Or a military vehicle that transforms into a robotic humanoid walrus? Or we could split the difference and make it a Transmetal walrus with a vehicle mode.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Fixing a loose ratchet joint is just as easy as fixing a tight one.

For a tight one, snip a tiny bit of the spring from the assembly off until you feel he ratchet joint is in the sweet spot. Tight ratchet joints are caused by too much/too compressed springs.

For a loose ratchet joint, stick something in the assembly like a folded piece of paper. Loose ratchet joints are caused by not enough springiness, and if the spring rotates in place it may catch on a nook and/or cranny within the joint, in a worst case scenario it could even dig into the plastic.

Knormal posted:

Really?

This may have been a step backward.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

What is Longtooth going to transform into? An actual walrus like a Beast Wars character? Or a military vehicle that transforms into a robotic humanoid walrus? Or we could split the difference and make it a Transmetal walrus with a vehicle mode.

Considering Skullgrin had a cybernetic bone face which resembled his pretender shell, I'd assume a cybernetic walrus like face for longtooth. And more than likely he could probably be made from the Roadbuster voyager since he transformed into a similar vehicle.

Still waiting for Rhinox to be repainted as Stranglehold.

I'm still amazed we got Doubledealer as we did, Powermaster guys were mostly a Japanese thing much like the Pretenders.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 21, 2014

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

DoctorWhat posted:

FAMILY LOVE THUNDERCRACKER

This made me spit my drink. Absolutely fantastic, Doctor.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up the DotM Optimus/FoC Grimlock from Target today. It does not say Generations on the instruction booklet, for the person who wanted to know that.

I really, really like that Silver Knight Optimus, the chrome is bleh, but the figure is great. Only things holding it back are the truck front backpack, no ankle swivels, and the lack of vehicle mode storage for the sword. It's just fun to mess with.

FoC Grimlock is cool, sorta. I love it's look, just enough chrome, great G1 detailing, it's huge, and just looks great from the front. But man, that back view and dino mode suck. It's loose in some weird places, but then super tight in all the joints, to the point where I'm scared I'm going to destroy it just by moving a joint. And screw those shoulders, what the gently caress were they thinking with those. The instructions tell you how to convert it from T-rex to Robot, but it's packaged in robot mode, so that really sucks when you're like, "what are these shoulders, where does this piece go?"

I'm happy with it, as the Optimus can ride the Grimlock, and can hold all the weapons, which looks cool. I just get this weird vibe that the creators of DotM Optimus had to make a great figure out of a limited budget, and made fun little things to cut corners but still made a sweet toy. While Grimlock just feels like a lot of over-simplified wasted potential, there's so much they could have done to hide some flaws, like the drat tail to body ratio, or some flaps to hide the torso holes.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The MSJ posted:

They should just use his RID design. It's awesome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/hasbro-collaborates-with-shapeways-to-sell-3d-printed-artwork-180752/

This is making it sound like the 3D printer service when it comes out for transformers, they could use the third party molds and stuff. I wonder if this means 3rd party bots would then be more inline with regular releases and not 800 dollars.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

FoC Grimlock is cool, sorta. I love it's look, just enough chrome, great G1 detailing, it's huge, and just looks great from the front. But man, that back view and dino mode suck. It's loose in some weird places, but then super tight in all the joints, to the point where I'm scared I'm going to destroy it just by moving a joint. And screw those shoulders, what the gently caress were they thinking with those. The instructions tell you how to convert it from T-rex to Robot, but it's packaged in robot mode, so that really sucks when you're like, "what are these shoulders, where does this piece go?"

Try the shoulder fix I suggested a bit back, I don't know if I explained it well but it really helps the figure.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Eat poo poo idiots longtooth is the loving poo poo. He's like transmetals roadbuster and he loving owns. Battletruck that turns into a walrus cyborg? gently caress yeah. He was in the comics recently but he was a lame idiot gay nerd.

I was a beast wars kids, but I inherited 4 oldschool TFs: Breakdown, G2 Starscream, and Birdbrain and Longtooth's pretender shells and I BETTER get remakes of all of em.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ForeverSmug posted:

Eat poo poo idiots longtooth is the loving poo poo. He's like transmetals roadbuster and he loving owns. Battletruck that turns into a walrus cyborg? gently caress yeah. He was in the comics recently but he was a lame idiot gay nerd.

I was a beast wars kids, but I inherited 4 oldschool TFs: Breakdown, G2 Starscream, and Birdbrain and Longtooth's pretender shells and I BETTER get remakes of all of em.

Finally found the IDW design sketch I was remembering:

Yeah Longtooth is boss.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If they worked that into a robo-stache I'd be down.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just had a thought:

So I've wanted a Generations Armada Sideways for a while, because the original is a cool-as-heck toy brought down by Armada engineering limits. When your Mini-con Headmaster Combiner (what a cool combo of words) is more articulated than you are, there's problems, son!

But to get a Generations Deluxe, Sideways would need to get an IDW appearence. So I figured:

If IDW ever wants to bring Unicron into the mix, bring in Sideways first. Not "IDW!G1 Sideways", the Sideways. Same guy, dimension-hopper and all that jazz. Let him stew around in the books for like a year, build tension. Because Sideways basically means "Unicron's comin!" but none of the characters would ever make that conclusion. Dramatic irony or whatever.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

If they worked that into a robo-stache I'd be down.

Slowly the dream of a robot Jamie Hyneman comes true.

Also, is Sharkticon Megatron any good, a local wal-mart has him for $13, and something about the base mold makes me weary, but I want a sharkticon...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Anora posted:

Also, is Sharkticon Megatron any good, a local wal-mart has him for $13, and something about the base mold makes me weary, but I want a sharkticon...

Sharkticon Megatron - really, that whole Beast Hunters retool line - is one of those fun, batshit toys we don't get many of anymore.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, basically if you like what you see, get him. The mold doesn't have any secret problems so if you're OK with the base design I say go ahead.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Wait for the BW Rampage remold. Looks incredible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Veg posted:

Link?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Veg posted:

Wasn't that a Club Exclusive with a tiny little head? And wasn't that the DLX First Edition mold, to boot?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
And I've yet to see one yet where the color gradient was even. It could never be on my shelf, as I would develop a neurosis from it.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Anora posted:

Sharkticon Megatron is just so wonderfully crazy. There's no reason for it to exist, and yet it does. If you're at all interested in such a thing, the $13 price tag is more than reasonable enough to jump at.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Finally found the IDW design sketch I was remembering:

Yeah Longtooth is boss.

I hate that he's a cameraman in IDW. Although his spark was in that same jail as Arcee so maybe hes just reformed right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Does anyone know what happened to eptoy.com, it seems they lost the domain. Hope they didn't go under because that's were I usually get my ttomy stuff on the cheap.

Also here's a bump to my sale, first and only.

Ka0 posted:

Welp here we go, up for sale. I'm not going for dumb ebay gouger prices either. I can do $45 for Last Chance, T-Bone and Car Crash, but Down Force I have to let go for $30 because mine came with a windshield crack fault (that BBTS wasn't keen to help me with). Other than that they are basically mint, I don't expose my figures to smoke or dust.

Here are some pics of Down Force. The crack does not affect transformation nor combination mode but you should be careful to when handling the windshield.

Diesel is a bit more pricey, best I can do is $120, he is mint as well and comes with an extra weapon kit in case you mess up the one included (I didn't so it's in sealed bag) Please keep in mind I live in the Outer Rim and shipping is hilariously expensive to the US.