Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatWhatsIt
Jul 8, 2014
Hey, So I'm a noob.

Thought about playing EVE for a while. Talked to a buddy who is in your Corp and he said this is the place to be. Been playing less than a week now, thanks for the 21 day trial! I like it. Reminds me a lot of the "X" series by Egosoft that I played the hell out of.

Bout, me: I'm a family man. Circumstances leave me with lots of free time. Up to this point I've played fantasy MMOs. The longevity and success of EVE makes me think this must be a better experience.

I don't have anything brilliant or witty to say. But I'll post around enough to become qualified for the 2014 noob campaign, and contribute/participate as ordered.

In game character: Olaaf MacAllistar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nobody ordered you to do any of that, friend.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Bad news, Olaaf; your buddy doesn't like you very much. :(

TheGreatWhatsIt
Jul 8, 2014
Oh drat.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Hey, So I'm a gay.

Thought about being gay for a while. Talked to a buddy who is gay and he said this is the way to be. Been gay less than a week now, thanks for the 21 day orgy! I like it. Reminds me a lot of the "gay dicking 69" series by Gay Dicks that I jacked off to.

Bout, me: I'm a gay man. Circumstances leave me with lots of dicks. Up to this point I've been gay. The longevity and success of being gay makes me think this must be a better experience.

I don't have anything brilliant or witty to say. But I'll post around enough to become qualified for the 2014 orgy campaign, and suck/gently caress as ordered.

In game character: Blawrf McTaggart

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a gay.

Thought about being gay for a while. Talked to a buddy who is gay and he said this is the way to be. Been gay less than a week now, thanks for the 21 day orgy! I like it. Reminds me a lot of the "gay dicking 69" series by Gay Dicks that I jacked off to.

Bout, me: I'm a gay man. Circumstances leave me with lots of dicks. Up to this point I've been gay. The longevity and success of being gay makes me think this must be a better experience.

I don't have anything brilliant or witty to say. But I'll post around enough to become qualified for the 2014 orgy campaign, and suck/gently caress as ordered.

Hey contact me for invite. :heysexy:

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

dexefiend posted:

Thanks for the replies!

I know I have heavy interdictors 4, which means I have to be ready for some interceptors (Gallente).

In terms of support, I know I can also fly Oneiros and Basilisks.

I am probably within one week of Reimbursement Lachesis, so that is probably where I will go first.

You should absolutely participate in every fleet you can (even in approved t1 fits).

I suicided three interceptors last night and net nearly +100mil after reimbursement. And we killed some stuff!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a gay.

:golfclap:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a gay.

Can we make this the OP ?

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
Don't ever play EVE. It's a terrible online spaceship game

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a gay.

this is slander

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blawrf posted:

This is slander the truth.

When can I dock in your station?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a Wolf-soul trapped in a human body

Thought about being furry Otherkin for a while. Talked to a buddy who is a Otherkin and he said this is the way to be. Been less than a week now, thanks for the guy who sold me my fursona-suit! I like it. Reminds me a lot of the teddy bear my sister had that I picked a seam open and humped when I was 11.

Bout, me: I'm a furry. Circumstances leave me with lots of hentai on my laptop. Up to this point I've been 'human'. The longevity and success of wolves as keystone predators makes me think this must be a better experience.
Aroooooooooo!

I don't have anything brilliant or witty to say. But I'll post around enough to become qualified for the 2014 Yiff-a-lot campaign, and howl/sniff butts as ordered.

FTFY

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Blawrf posted:

this is slander

What wolf to moon ratio do you prefer anyway?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

orange juche posted:

Security Clearance Code: y1Ff

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Blawrf posted:

this is slander

Libel actually and then only if it's untrue.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sixx Spades posted:

How many babyfurs does it take to equal one adult wolf?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sixx Spades posted:

drat it :ccp: why can't I buy a shirt with arty Wolfs and some a moon on it.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

orange juche posted:

Want to see my enormous Avatar? It spews giant... lasers...

Pie_r_round
Oct 10, 2008

Sixx Spades posted:

I think its three. Three wolves per moon, on a shirt.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

TheGreatWhatsIt posted:

Hey, So I'm a noob.

Thought about playing EVE for a while. Talked to a buddy who is in your Corp and he said this is the place to be. Been playing less than a week now, thanks for the 21 day trial! I like it. Reminds me a lot of the "X" series by Egosoft that I played the hell out of.

Bout, me: I'm a family man. Circumstances leave me with lots of free time. Up to this point I've played fantasy MMOs. The longevity and success of EVE makes me think this must be a better experience.

I don't have anything brilliant or witty to say. But I'll post around enough to become qualified for the 2014 noob campaign, and contribute/participate as ordered.

In game character: Olaaf MacAllistar

:eyepop:

Thank god, something to distract the thread from industrychat.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

various cheeses posted:

:eyepop:

Thank god, something to distract the thread from industrychat.

So, which industry is your favourite?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Tippis posted:

So, which industry is your favourite?

I think I have mining level 3 trained on my character, so that one.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I got 16b liquid just sitting around not doing anything, is there anything thats gonna take a bump tomorrow or did that ship sail months ago?

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014

No More Heroes posted:

I got 16b liquid just sitting around not doing anything, is there anything thats gonna take a bump tomorrow or did that ship sail months ago?
Pretty sure it sailed, but researched BPOs are going at fire-sale prices.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Sorry stray away from the gay dick chat, but I'm bringing it back to industry.

So my modus operandi for playing recently is pure ganking. Vexor ganking industrials, catalyst ganking miners, and so forth. I've spent a few billion so far, buying caches of ships and shipping them to various spots I like to gank from. Currently I have two caches for industrial ganking, two caches for miner ganking. I'm looking to expand.

Would it be smart / feasible to roll up an industry character to start manufacturing ships and mods for my ganking endeavors? Pick up BPOs for Catalysts, Vexors, Mag Stabs, Drone Damage Amplifiers. Manufacture those, ship them out to highsec, purchase the meta mods from Jita and ship those out to their final destination.

I'd be rolling a new character from scratch and MPC Plexing it to train. I have about 5b liquid right now to use for this endeavor, and a big gay sugar daddy with a big gay dick that I'm sure I can squeeze some money out of. Hope it doesn't get in my eye! :a2m:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

(10:03:12 PM) directorbot: In one of the most incompetent change implementations in the history of online gaming, you supercarrier or titan job will no longer be delivered by you, but MUST be delivered by customer services
THEY will deliver your titan or supercarrier to a station AND you aren't allowed to touch them there
until a junior customer service rep, whose in game experience is having played LOL once, does some object teleporting using hacking tools which have never been QA'd

What is this supposed to accomplish ? :raise:

E: VVV oh right. :downs: (I guess it shows I know nothing about how supers are bought :ssh: I thought the money exchange was before delivery anyways.)

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 21, 2014

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Fathis Munk posted:

What is this supposed to accomplish ? :raise:

Keep people from getting fleeced for 80b.

Pikag
Jun 5, 2009
They are removing the ability to start jobs in locations other than the blueprint location, and set the code to output the ship to the blueprint location. Since these supercap builds have their blueprints in a station, delivering the job will place the supercap in your ship hangar. To prevent players from putting the ship on the market or something, all currently in build supers as of crius will need to be handled by a gm.

Pikag fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 21, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pikag posted:

They are removing the ability to start jobs remotely, and set the code to output the ship to the blueprint location. Since these supercap builds have their blueprints in a station, delivering the job will place the supercap in your ship hangar. To prevent players from putting the ship on the market or something, all currently in build supers as of crius will need to be handled by a gm.

You can still start jobs remotely, you just have to have a BPO or BPC directly in whatever facility you are doing stuff.

So after Crius, you'll need a BPC for your titan at your POS. This means of course this is a one-time thing and new supercaps can be build and delivered normally again, if you start your job after Crius.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

So it's only the ones that are currently in build right? Annoying but not a huge deal.

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Would it be smart / feasible to roll up an industry character to start manufacturing ships and mods for my ganking endeavors? Pick up BPOs for Catalysts, Vexors, Mag Stabs, Drone Damage Amplifiers. Manufacture those, ship them out to highsec, purchase the meta mods from Jita and ship those out to their final destination.

I'd be rolling a new character from scratch and MPC Plexing it to train. I have about 5b liquid right now to use for this endeavor, and a big gay sugar daddy with a big gay dick that I'm sure I can squeeze some money out of. Hope it doesn't get in my eye! :a2m:
Unless you feel like running an ISBox fleet of retrievers, you'd probably do better running L4's and buying the minerals off market.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I also got a mail from CCP about jobs in POSes, it can be summed up with :wtc:

I can't wait for them to gently caress this up by the numbers. Rest in piss, unborn supercaps, killed by :ccp:

bonewitch posted:

Hey, So I'm a gay.

:golfclap:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

mmrmnhrm posted:

Unless you feel like running an ISBox fleet of retrievers, you'd probably do better running L4's and buying the minerals off market.

He said nothing about mining, just producing.

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014

necrotic posted:

He said nothing about mining, just producing.
The input materials have to come from somewhere. With the current BPO fire sale going on, the cost of (new system) ME10 prints should be negligible over the long run, and you pay for the manufacturing costs whether you run the line yourself, or bake them into the price you pay someone else. That leaves the materials (measured in either time spent mining, or ISK paid out) as the only input he has real control over.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

mmrmnhrm posted:

Depending on how the market plays out after Crius, this could be bad advice. Most likely is: He should buy compressed ore of the market and refine it into the minerals he needs at a POS.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

mmrmnhrm posted:

The input materials have to come from somewhere. With the current BPO fire sale going on, the cost of (new system) ME10 prints should be negligible over the long run, and you pay for the manufacturing costs whether you run the line yourself, or bake them into the price you pay someone else. That leaves the materials (measured in either time spent mining, or ISK paid out) as the only input he has real control over.

If the revenue from your finished products doesn't at least cover the costs of your inputs then you may want to seriously reexamine your business model.

Compressed Ore probably won't be available on the markets for a profit compared to buying the minerals outright. Decompressing Ore via refining is a button-clicking process that doesn't require a terribly high-SP character, so if someone has already gone through the effort of hauling piles of compressed ore out to YA0 in their Jump Freighter they probably are probably just going to refine it themselves instead of leaving part of the profit on the table for someone else to click a button instead.

Moving bulk goods in hisec is so cheap and easy that I can't imagine it being worth the cost and effort of operating a compression POS for most cases.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 21, 2014

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014

Libluini posted:

Depending on how the market plays out after Crius, this could be bad advice. Most likely is: He should buy compressed ore of the market and refine it into the minerals he needs at a POS.
Quite possible; I'm just working with the (almost certain to be wildly wrong) assumption that mineral prices won't deviate significantly from where they stand right now, given the massive stockpiles most builders have.

Voyager I posted:

If the revenue from your finished products doesn't at least cover the costs of your inputs then you may want to seriously reexamine your business model.
Very true, except DUSA isn't asking the question as a business (build to sell) venture, but rather as a cost-cutting measure for his ganking activities.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
He said he was thinking about producing ships for pure ganking. Unless it turns out that all the empire pubbies taking down their research towers makes jump fuel super cheap, the production advantages in null are not going to pay for shipping catalysts and vexors back to empire. Producing them himself in empire might save a bit of money, but not a lot. Miniluv cranked out catalysts for burn jita themselves but they were making thousands.

The one reason I can see for building your own gank ships is if you like ganking in out of the way areas, because then you wouldn't need to ship the hulls from a market hub. Still doubt it would really save much money. More of a convenience + want to play with industry thing.

Libluini posted:

Most likely is: He should buy compressed ore of the market and refine it into the minerals he needs at a POS.

this could be bad advice
Operating a POS for refining minerals is dumb advice. In empire you are getting the same rate as in stations, just without having to train skills. In nullsec you get a worse rate vs a station. The POS refining module was made for lowsec.

A highsec compression POS has no real utility besides the demand for export to mullsec. But with the compression requiring zero skills and POSes not needing standings, I can't really see that being anything than another "let the pubbies do it for peanuts" thing.

e:

mmrmnhrm posted:

Very true, except DUSA isn't asking the question as a business (build to sell) venture, but rather as a cost-cutting measure for his ganking activities.
So if he builds it himself it's free? Production costs being higher than some other guy's finished hull on the market equals losing money.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmrmnhrm
Jul 10, 2014

Klyith posted:

So if he builds it himself it's free? Production costs being higher than some other guy's finished hull on the market equals losing money.
I did address that part ;)

mmrmnhrm posted:

...and you pay for the manufacturing costs whether you run the line yourself, or bake them into the price you pay someone else.

• Locked thread