Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Induction Grind makes this game into a Sonic game, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Yay side quests?

Coming up next is the "infamous" (HA!) Bus Mission . . .

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Oh drat it, the Bus mission. I'm not sure if it's possible to do that mission without abusing the checkpoints.

Please have a death counter. If necessary separate death counters for you and the bus.

Osagono
Sep 2, 2011

Fragger posted:

Coming up next is the "infamous" (HA!) Bus Mission . . .

Yeah, that's the one that made me put down the controller and not pick it back up; I just really didn't like it at all. Quite unlike the LP, which I think is being done very well. Keep up the great work.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Cole moving a train with the sheer force of his electrical will was such a neat moment I'm not surprised they brought it back.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I remember there being a bus mission but I sure don't remember is being awful. Isn't that the one where you get effectively unlimited electricity or am I thinking of another mission? :confused:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

no that is this one but then you also get unlimited electricity on the trains as well but unlike the train missions the bus can be destroyed, which makes the bus mission more infuriating than the train missions

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aces High posted:

no that is this one but then you also get unlimited electricity on the trains as well but unlike the train missions the bus can be destroyed, which makes the bus mission more infuriating than the train missions

I started my first run on the hardest difficulty after it was recommended to me. I wholeheartedly agree with everything said about the bus mission.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010
It's time

Just a heads up, we don't really talk about the mission too much in the evil version but spend some time talking about these kind of missions and open world games in general (for the first half at least)

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010
Time for more story missions!

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
So...is Moya a bad guy who's been leading us on this whole time, and she wants to kill John so he can't tell us whatever super secret information he has? Because I am totally getting that vibe right now.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yeah, I'd have thought she'd sound a bit more enthused about it. Didn't she say that John was her husband, or am I just making that up?

It also would kind of explain why Moya couldn't get the extraction team to get Alden out before conduits blew up everything; what does she care, really?

Tenseki
Mar 30, 2011
Nope, not making it up - she did say John was her husband, and at the time she sounded pretty unhappy about losing contact with him. Back in the second video, finding John and the Ray Sphere are given as Cole's primary mission, with the "saving the city" part tacked on later as a sort of ongoing sidequest.

So yeah, her reaction being a flat "find him" with a side of "and he's totally going to be a paranoid mess because of the undercover, don't mind that" isn't suspicious in the slightest, and I'm extremely curious to see if this is going to go as badly as it seems it will.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010
Time for a ton of side content!

This wraps up the Warren side content. Next up is quite a few revelations and the end of this island!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I think the sound the prisoners make when they walk is the sound of those leg restraints they're wearing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nidoking posted:

I think the sound the prisoners make when they walk is the sound of those leg restraints they're wearing.

Are they wearing restraints? They seem perfectly capable of running off and fighting if they want.

I think the Dustmen are just really, really loving clanky.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 17, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I actually like the evil-side missions where Tar Lady speaks into your head and tells you to do terrible things.

Well, more the concept than some of the terrible things, but as someone to draw Cole towards evil without him being in direct conflict with her, she's pretty good.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Are they wearing restraints? They seem perfectly capable of running off and fighting if they want.

I think the Dustmen are just really, really loving clanky.

Not only are they not wearing restraints, but I'm pretty sure some of them are still carrying their weapons:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I genuinely enjoy the Satellite Uplink missions. inFamous is really good at making getting around the city fun once you're on the rooftops, and those missions are just "Fly/grind around at high speed".

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Oh hey plot, I guess it was time for you to punch us in the face a bunch

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Curse your stupid but inevitable betrayal!

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I have to give them credit, that was really well-done; they gave us plenty of obvious hints (and then flat-out told us) that Moya was a liar, and that someone was betraying us, and while we were busy wondering about who the bad guy was, Zeke just walked up and said, "Surprise!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gregory posted:

I have to give them credit, that was really well-done; they gave us plenty of obvious hints (and then flat-out told us) that Moya was a liar, and that someone was betraying us, and while we were busy wondering about who the bad guy was, Zeke just walked up and said, "Surprise!"

And, ya know, it was a stupid idea but a believable one. Zeke's been trying to help but stuck in your shadow the whole time. All he's got going for him is "hey, I know the hero, I can probably get him to look into that problem for ya." It's not like the guy suddenly started cackling and monologuing; he had a split second of hesitation while he had the means to act in his hands.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I've always loved that animation for Cole when Alden gets into his colossus. It feels like the only time in the entire game that Cole isn't hunched over and it's so jarring because he just leans back and is all "holy crap" and immediately hunches back over

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Well then . . .

Fragger fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 8, 2014

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Schrödinger's Trish: Before you make your choice, the woman hanging alone on the building is simultaneously Trish AND not-Trish.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Gotta collapse the waveform and find out which reality your light cone is in.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Regarding Cole shocking Trish back to life for a bit, it's not like his healing powers make any sense anyway, so how would he figure that she'd still be in pain?

Does she say she's disappointed in Cole even if you've been playing Good for the rest of the game?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Does she say she's disappointed in Cole even if you've been playing Good for the rest of the game?

If I remember correctly, no.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I'm really not a fan of how Trish is written in this game. She's needlessly acerbic almost all the time. I could understand the attitude if Cole was evil but she's insufferable even when you're Lightning Jesus.

I think Infamous 2 is much better with regards to having a likeable cast of characters. It feels like everyone in Infamous 1 has a stick up their rear end.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 5, 2014

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Well to be fair, her sister died in an explosion that destroyed the city and was (inadvertantly) caused by her boyfriend; she's kind of under some stress.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Well to be fair, her sister died in an explosion that destroyed the city and was (inadvertantly) caused by her boyfriend; she's kind of under some stress.

I get that but they really laid it on thick in parts. There's a couple of lines that are pretty jarring with how unnecessarily harsh they are. Kinda makes it hard to feel sad at her death too, IMO.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 5, 2014

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

It seems we needed TWO missions about things that fly in a row, weird.

Also it seems that 17-1 Good had some audio issues, those have been fixed and the links have been updated

AHungryRobot posted:

I get that but they really laid it on thick in parts. There's a couple of lines that are pretty jarring with how unnecessarily harsh they are. Kinda makes it hard to feel sad at her death too, IMO.

Agreed but to be fair you do not talk to her that much through the game. She has maybe 10 times in total and she warms up to you on the good side a little over half through them. I want to talk more about Trish but I will hold off until after the game is over

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of laugh a little at all the stuff that gets rigged up with electrical grids for Cole.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It kind of makes sense though, when you're in a situation where you have a guy that can weaponize electricity, it's in your best interest to ensure he has as much as possible. It's also a nice gameplay conceit since it lets you spam missiles and storms against all the crap they throw at you these missions. Particularly on hard.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Still rather strange that this one generator, out of all the generators in the city, doesn't run out of juice in two seconds when you drain it.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Nidoking posted:

Still rather strange that this one generator, out of all the generators in the city, doesn't run out of juice in two seconds when you drain it.

Its a miniature fusion reactor, that one generator could power the entire city.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

And we are finally done with the side content. Only one more update left!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
On the good run, where you had to restrain the 5 enemies, isn't there some upgrade to the lightning grenade that automatically restrains them and doesn't kill them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

On the good run, where you had to restrain the 5 enemies, isn't there some upgrade to the lightning grenade that automatically restrains them and doesn't kill them?

Yep. I like to get it because it ensures that the guys I grenade are out of the fight altogether.

• Locked thread