Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Hipster Occultist posted:

How is this latest patch? Just from reading it, it looks like my entire build (Havel's with Defender Greatsword and Lightning Spears) was nerfed into the loving ground.

Yep! Though the Lightning Spears actually do slightly more damage now, so if you have plenty of herbs then the reduced casts aren't too huge of a deal, and you should probably investigate using the Thorned Greatsword from now on if you want to stick with the weapon class.

Havel's is still good, just not as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Pulling out also not a great solution

I don't know dude I did this with an ex for a few years and I mean I don't have a kid or anything

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't know dude I did this with an ex for a few years and I mean I don't have a kid or anything

Yeah but I hear other dudes were still invading her every 10 minutes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Good Citizen posted:

Too real.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
It's well into the afternoon on the 22nd. Catch up America, I want to play the DLC

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hipster Occultist posted:

How is this latest patch? Just from reading it, it looks like my entire build (Havel's with Defender Greatsword and Lightning Spears) was nerfed into the loving ground.

Not really. Lightning Spears aren't especially good anymore, but the Defender's Sword only has ~50 less lightning damage and is a bit heavier and less durable. Still really good. The heavy armor sets have like 100 less physical defense, it's not much of a nerf.

Tho if you're willing to pump strength a bit more (to 26, specifically, also 20 dex) you should try out the Red Iron Twinblade. Thing got an obscene buff; it has especially high base damage. On my guy with 40 Faith, lightning and buffed with SLB, it does ~2000 damage with two 2handed r1s.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Maxy Boy posted:

It's well into the afternoon on the 22nd. Catch up America, I want to play the DLC

If you didn't want to play games on America's schedule perhaps you shouldn't play American video games :colbert:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

:vince:

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

kazil posted:

If you didn't want to play games on America's schedule perhaps you shouldn't play American video games :colbert:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So the DLC is coming out in the afternoon?

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjSuFH3Cgcc Major DLC ending spoilers.
He fights just like a Monster Hunter boss and it's magnificent.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 22, 2014

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate everything about The Rotten. I have a feeling that he's easy and there's just something I'm not getting about him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cut off his arms.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

I hate everything about The Rotten. I have a feeling that he's easy and there's just something I'm not getting about him.

He's one of those bosses you need to constantly strafe around. To the left I think. If he starts catching up to you roll left. The fire pits and his grab are the most dangerous parts.

And I guess this DLC isn't one of those midnight releases huh?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
When he attacks, press B to not die. Then hit him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I found the easiest way to do the rotten is to just move back and forth out of his attack range. Only move you need to watch out for is the lunging swing but it has a big tell. Get in 2-3 swings, roll back, repeat.

His dark anime beam in the 2nd phase needs to be side-dodged, though. Its range is a bit nuts.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

HEY! FASHION SOULS QUESTIONS AHEAD ONLY READ ONLY IF YOUR FASHIONABLE :siren:

1. Are there any armors that look like insolent armor that aren't? By far the coolest in the game I've found.

2. Cool light gauntlets that look like heavy armor?

3. Cool masks?

Gameplay questions: HOW DO I PARRY? HOW DO I GUARD BREAK?

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Genocyber posted:

Tho if you're willing to pump strength a bit more (to 26, specifically, also 20 dex) you should try out the Red Iron Twinblade. Thing got an obscene buff; it has especially high base damage. On my guy with 40 Faith, lightning and buffed with SLB, it does ~2000 damage with two 2handed r1s.

Don't do this. It's the flavor du jour at the arena and it is so loving boring to fight against. Either the person has no clue how to use it and gets backstabbed to death, or they're a Jedi/there's lag and you die instantly.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bob NewSCART posted:

HEY! FASHION SOULS QUESTIONS AHEAD ONLY READ ONLY IF YOUR FASHIONABLE :siren:

1. Are there any armors that look like insolent armor that aren't? By far the coolest in the game I've found.

3. Cool masks?

Gameplay questions: HOW DO I PARRY? HOW DO I GUARD BREAK?

To guard break, just press forward + light attack at the same time. I've heard that it's almost impossible if you're playing with the mouse because of the input lag while it waits for a double click, though.

Guard breaks are useful but not that necessary. Experienced players in PvP can just back up to avoid it, and most of the PvE enemies you care about are too giant to guard break.

For parrying, it's all about learning the timing. Put on some heavy armor and head to the FoFG. The enemies there will do little enough damage that you can mess up over and over again and still live. Try unequipping your weapon and clearing the area with just fist ripostes.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beard Yawn posted:

Don't do this. It's the flavor du jour at the arena and it is so loving boring to fight against. Either the person has no clue how to use it and gets backstabbed to death, or they're a Jedi/there's lag and you die instantly.

It's fun to both use and fight against, since it's such a high risk reward moveset. It's gonna get boring if that's all you see, but that's true of anything. Plus it's best to use it now before Fromsoft decides to nerf it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So is the DLC available yet?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

SgtSteel91 posted:

So is the DLC available yet?

Not sure since my comp downloaded 1gb of stuff like 3 days ago....before I had even bought the season pass.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Yep! Though the Lightning Spears actually do slightly more damage now, so if you have plenty of herbs then the reduced casts aren't too huge of a deal, and you should probably investigate using the Thorned Greatsword from now on if you want to stick with the weapon class.

Havel's is still good, just not as good.

What are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS18gpdF8d0

Does that look like "more damage?"

Also, what promo weapon did people get from the chest? I got a blue murakumo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
On steam the DLC is there but I can't buy it.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

The Joe Man posted:

Not sure since my comp downloaded 1gb of stuff like 3 days ago....before I had even bought the season pass.

The latest patch installed all of the dlc content regardless of whether or not you own it. All you're paying for is the unlock key.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The Marjula chest is spitting out the alternate-texture Murakumo right now.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Coming back to this after a month just in time for the DLC, doing some PVP... one-shot backstabs from full health are kind of dumb :( This is with 35 vitality, and not even a dagger.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

WarpedLichen posted:

What are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS18gpdF8d0

Does that look like "more damage?"

Also, what promo weapon did people get from the chest? I got a blue murakumo.

Apparently, they bumped the actual damage but also increased some enemies' lightning resistance. So depending on who you're zapping you might get more or less damage than before.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Daynab posted:

Coming back to this after a month just in time for the DLC, doing some PVP... one-shot backstabs from full health are kind of dumb :( This is with 35 vitality, and not even a dagger.

Unless you have very low defense I find that only happens in ng+. For w/e reason, crits seem to get a modifier in ng+.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

The Imperious Set looks pretty similar to the insolent armor, just a bit bigger with less paint. Mixing and matching it with the Insolent Set is pretty fun.

Bob NewSCART posted:

The Rogue Gauntlets do that perfectly.

Bob NewSCART posted:

3. Cool masks?

Masks just look goofy in this game. But hey, maybe one of these will work?

That's the royal swordsman helmet, white hollow mage hood, Nahr Alma hood, female theif mask, rogue hood and creighton's respectively.

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 22, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Daynab posted:

Yeah, I'm in NG+, 4mil souls

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm actually happy From brought back the Monastery Scimitar because I now get to kill even more people trying to parry a completely unparryable weapon.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey I'm sorry but where is my free item from...FROM? How does this free stuff mechanic work? Do I need to be online?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I think it just hasn't unlocked yet is all.

(Also y'all FromSoftware isn't actually capitalized, their logo is lying to you)

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Just my black Marukumo.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Good Citizen posted:

Actively, serially invading.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

What SM are most people dueling at these days? at 4.5m I'm getting a lot of the same people (which isn't bad, mind, for rematches...)

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
A reminder, if the chest in majula is still open warp to things betwixt then run to majula on foot, it should be closed then.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Doctor Zaius posted:

A reminder, if the chest in majula is still open warp to things betwixt then run to majula on foot, it should be closed then.

Where is this chest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Where is this chest?

The one behind the skeleton in the Majula mansion.