Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://indiepinata.com/

I believe Contraptions has that discount because of this, actually. But since Monaco's on there it effectively applies to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Who's ready for some uproar: http://store.steampowered.com/app/312970/

First Comment posted:

▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓ ▓▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓ ▓▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓ ▓▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓ ▓▒▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▒▓ ▓▒▒▒▒▓

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Now there's a game that needs cards!
And if it was a bunch cheaper I'd gift bomb that on my Christian fundy friend like you wouldn't believe.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I just got randomly added as someone's friend, they apparently gifted me something in Dota 2 (which I don't have installed), and then they removed me as a friend immediately after I responded with confusion... Is this a regular thing?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The gameplay in that trailer was the appropriate level of janky, I feel.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Do they have an allergy to pants?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Gergleflerg posted:

I just got randomly added as someone's friend, they apparently gifted me something in Dota 2 (which I don't have installed), and then they removed me as a friend immediately after I responded with confusion... Is this a regular thing?

Generally people trading online who don't know each other will remove one another from their friend lists after the fact, but this is still odd. What'd he give you? Maybe he just wanted to be rid of it or osmething.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Think this might be perpetuating unflattering stereotypes about this demographic?"

"Nah, why?"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well at least it's not anime.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I need and want this game, looks funny and cool.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
So I went back and played Space Pirates and Zombies and I forgot how much I enjoyed this type of game. Is there anything like it but with even bigger battles?

Is there a space version of Mount & Blade?

Orv
May 4, 2011

fookolt posted:

So I went back and played Space Pirates and Zombies and I forgot how much I enjoyed this type of game. Is there anything like it but with even bigger battles?

Is there a space version of Mount & Blade?

It is called Starsector. Thread around here somewhere.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

That artwork makes it look like an Adult Swim game. I'm impressed.

More Like This: The Elder Scrolls Online.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Orv posted:

It is called Starsector. Thread around here somewhere.

Ah, I've tried Starsector recently again (I bought it back when it was called Starfarer) and it didn't really click with me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

fookolt posted:

Ah, I've tried Starsector recently again (I bought it back when it was called Starfarer) and it didn't really click with me.

SPAZ 2 might be more up your alley then, but who knows when they plan to release that.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Generally people trading online who don't know each other will remove one another from their friend lists after the fact, but this is still odd. What'd he give you? Maybe he just wanted to be rid of it or osmething.
Apparently a case of mistaken identity. There's nothing in my items.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Wow, this game looks deep http://store.steampowered.com/app/269890/

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Justin_Brett posted:

"Think this might be perpetuating unflattering stereotypes about this demographic?"

"Nah, why?"

At the end of it all, it appears gaming now has its equivalent of a low budget underground gay flick. Neither a workable satire nor an engaging set of gameplay mechanics, My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant’s chief value is its existence. And that’s not an all-consuming condemnation. The title has already demonstrated a surprising potential for fostering a conversation about gay representations in the gaming industry, just by a few press demos and a Greenlight campaign. It’s a noble function to serve, just don’t mistake it for a reason to actually play it at its current price. Once it hits below $7.50, it’s an adventure worthwhile, but mostly because of FlirtBot.

http://gaygamer.net/2013/11/review-my-ex-boyfriend-the-space-tyrant/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Everblight posted:

And it's nothing like Sonic. Unless I'm being :thejoke:'d
It's literally built on top of a Sonic fangame engine, which is probably where this is coming from.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't think I could sit through an entire game voiced by someone who manages to say "By who?" in such a way that it makes me angry for the first time ever at the slow death of 'whom'.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The Kins posted:

It's literally built on top of a Sonic fangame engine, which is probably where this is coming from.

Isn't the artist like a furry Sonic guy too, I mean, the art looks nice, but the relation isn't hard to see at all.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

Ghostlight posted:

I don't think I could sit through an entire game voiced by someone who manages to say "By who?" in such a way that it makes me angry for the first time ever at the slow death of 'whom'.

That death has happened long ago, my friend. No actual people use "whom" in any context ever unless they are trying to be pedantic. Or quoting Family Guy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I still see it written sometimes! Whom is a weird word and it sounds weird when people say it, but just the way she says that line like she's a goddamn owl hooting into the darkness BAI HOO BAI HOO.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tezzeract posted:

Let's lay off the good goon hiddenmovement and talk about the 25% off Steam Cards from Gamestop:

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/lionheart-promo

Slap the coupon on and get 20 steambux for 15$.

Man, I was all excited to get some free Steam funbux, but that coupon requires you to download some dumb iPhone app in order to redeem it! :mad: I don't even have a smartphone.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Anyone tried the The Crew beta?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Junkenstein posted:

Not yet. I'm hoping to get in though. I'd love to give it a shot. I saw a friend playing the PS4 beta and it looked quite fun. But I only saw about 3 to 5 minutes of play.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Junkenstein posted:

I spent a bit of time with it earlier today and liked what I played. It feels a bit similar handling wise to Test Drive Unlimited which is a good thing imo. It also seems to have a proper story with CGI cutscenes and everything, something I was completely unaware of.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Hat Thoughts posted:

Anyone else wish there was another Steam thread, one with a minimalist op and friends around every corner, also hot Dynasty Warriors for PC info? Guess I'm just fantasizing...

Speaking of hot Dynasty Warriors for PC info. Is there any way to get Xbox button prompts in Dynasty Warriors 8? Or PS button prompts or anything? It sucks trying to remember what keyboard commands correspond to the appropriate buttons I need to get on my horse, and start up crazy mousou mode, etc. Dynasty Warriors 8 is fun times, but I wish it had a working Xbox controller config.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I'd like to get "deep" into this game. :madmax:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
One of the screenshots shows the protagonist seemingly waking up from a one night stand, wrapped in a bed sheet, and commenting that the messy room must have meant she had a good time he previous night. Seems like a winner of a game.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

averox posted:

One of the screenshots shows the protagonist seemingly waking up from a one night stand, wrapped in a bed sheet, and commenting that the messy room must have meant she had a good time he previous night. Seems like a winner of a game.

lol, they just had sex :hfive:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

averox posted:

How dare they simply reference something and not show it in a cutscene, like a true videogame should.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Drifter posted:

How dare they simply reference something and not show it in a cutscene, like a true videogame should.

Until all meaningful moments in videogames are expressed as QTEs, games will never be art :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Until all meaningful moments in videogames are expressed as QTEs, games will never be art :colbert:

That worked out real well for Heavy Rain.

Orv
May 4, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well if we're going to call things made by David Cage "games" then Indigo Prophecy is most definitely art.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Well if we're going to call things made by David Cage "games" then Indigo Prophecy is most definitely art.

Dada, specifically.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Orv posted:

Plus we can't forget the "Press Up to Thrust" QTE.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So Zigfrak is on sale for $1.24, which is nearly the lowest it's been. Looks like a rather fun Freelancer clone but is it as janky as it looks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cybrancyborg
Jan 24, 2008

How this ends still hasn't been unwritten...

Xaris posted:

So Zigfrak is on sale for $1.24, which is nearly the lowest it's been. Looks like a rather fun Freelancer clone but is it as janky as it looks?

Janky and sometimes confusing but I got some fun out of it. It's more 'Descent 3 re-imagined as a 1st person ARPG by ravers' than Freelancer though.

• Locked thread