Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A fun thing that happens if you use a bunch of bonfire ascetics in Majula to unlock merchant gear: More than one skeleton awaits in the basement. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

A fun thing that happens if you use a bunch of bonfire ascetics in Majula to unlock merchant gear: More than one skeleton awaits in the basement. :v:

It's a good way to farm effigies.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there any editor that simplifies, or guide that teaches the steps to, reduce stats, level and soul memory? Did a bunch of testing, and I want to go back to keep doing co-op. :v: I just looked for my SM value, and seven values popped up.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
My chest had the thingie in it. Does that mean it's unlocked?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Azran posted:

Is there any editor that simplifies, or guide that teaches the steps to, reduce stats, level and soul memory? Did a bunch of testing, and I want to go back to keep doing co-op. :v: I just looked for my SM value, and seven values popped up.

I think most scrips will be updated soon but here is a 100% failsafe way:
- Back up saves
- Open cheatengine, attach Ds2 process
- New scan for SM value
- Kill something or consume a soul item
- Next scan for new SM value
- Repeat above 2 if you feel like it
- Change all those numbers
- Quit to main menu, close Cheatengine
You should be done

Zedd fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 22, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Well, the DLC doesn't seem to be here, yet somehow there is a blood stain.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Seriously disappointed the chest surprise wasn't a mimic.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
All the "weakness: moneybags" and "moneybags required ahead" messages in that room are real stupid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Figured out the blue murakumo's special property: Like fire weapons and items, if you hit an exploding thing with it, the thing will explode. I found this out TOTALLY ON PURPOSE with some explosive barrels that I DEFINITELY MEANT TO HIT.

cat doter posted:

All the "weakness: moneybags" and "moneybags required ahead" messages in that room are real stupid.

Actually they're clever, sorry your sense of humor isn't working properly.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bob NewSCART posted:

HEY! FASHION SOULS QUESTIONS AHEAD ONLY READ ONLY IF YOUR FASHIONABLE :siren:

1. Are there any armors that look like insolent armor that aren't? By far the coolest in the game I've found.

2. Cool light gauntlets that look like heavy armor?

3. Cool masks?

I rather like my current look. It would be nice if the Insolent Armor wasn't so patchy though :(

Shadow Mask, Insolent Armor, Steel Gauntlets, Steel Leggings.

The Steel set is heavy armor, but considering how light the Shadow Mask and Insolent chestpiece are, it works out okay.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Actually they're clever, sorry your sense of humor isn't working properly.

I should've elaborated that I like stupid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cat doter posted:

I should've elaborated that I like stupid.

In that case everything is in order, I agree.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

CJacobs posted:

Figured out the blue murakumo's special property: Like fire weapons and items, if you hit an exploding thing with it, the thing will explode. I found this out TOTALLY ON PURPOSE with some explosive barrels that I DEFINITELY MEANT TO HIT.

This isn't a weapon quality inherent to the new Murakumo. If you hit a barrel and it hits the ground or wall and sparks fly out, it sets barrels off. The Murakumo always hits the ground.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This isn't a weapon quality inherent to the new Murakumo. If you hit a barrel and it hits the ground or wall and sparks fly out, it sets barrels off. The Murakumo always hits the ground.

Another exploding barrels question. What is it that determines if dodge rolling through an exploding barrel them makes them explode or harmlessly shatter? Off in Bastile, those big ol 3 stacked ones on tables that the Royal guards love to blow up with their swords (I lost my first white soapstone summon that way :smith: No, don't go!) you can roll through. Most ones on the ground all by themselves you can roll through. But there was this lone barrel off in a corner on an end table or something, rolling through THAT? Explosion.

EDIT: the one on a table that blew up from rolling is in the corner of that room with all the wine kegs, and the pointless door that only opens to a skeleton in the wall. I'd wonder if my roll destroyed the table, causing it to hit the ground and kaboom. But considering I can always roll safely through the tables that have THREE powder kegs stacked on them...

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 22, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

drat it. :negative:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

God damnit bandai namco have been letting certain people have early access to the DLC aren't they? That's why I thought it was out today. What a bummer.

It's days like these where I wish I didn't check twitter.

CJacobs posted:

In that case everything is in order, I agree.

I mean, look at my avatar.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

cat doter posted:

God damnit bandai namco have been letting certain people have early access to the DLC aren't they?

Is that actually confirmed? Most people who are playing it have been cheating their way in.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

Seriously disappointed the chest surprise wasn't a mimic.

Instea dof YOU DIED it would just be HA HA HA

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Magmarashi posted:

Instea dof YOU DIED it would just be HA HA HA

I wish there was a Mimic that had Lloyd's talismans as it's item.

It would be a dick move, AND a hint!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Is that actually confirmed? Most people who are playing it have been cheating their way in.

Well the few people I know of that have been playing it are some of the more well known "dark souls community" types.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Here's a PCGamer review of the DLC because I guess that's a thing games journalism does now.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

A lot of content for your money? Noice. That I like.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wonder...did any of the datamined and hacked weapons feel particularly like they would come from a boss? Everything shown off so far seems to look like it comes from the regular enemies with no real crazy effects.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
That review says "out now", but it's not is it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The blue murakumo is now my new best friend. I love the way it shines in sunny areas.

I swear to god, this thing is like a lucky fuckin' charm. I haven't died a single time on this run so far.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 22, 2014

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

CJacobs posted:

The blue murakumo is now my new best friend. I love the way it shines in sunny areas.

I swear to god, this thing is like a lucky fuckin' charm. I haven't died a single time on this run so far.

Do you use durante's GeDoSaTo program at all? It has a bloom setting that makes stuff shining in the sun look way cooler.

Maxy Boy posted:

That review says "out now", but it's not is it?

According to my twitter feed it's out at 11am CST or 9am PDT but I'm not american so I dunno when the gently caress that is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

cat doter posted:

Do you use durante's GeDoSaTo program at all? It has a bloom setting that makes stuff shining in the sun look way cooler.

According to my twitter feed it's out at 11am CST or 9am PDT but I'm not american so I dunno when the gently caress that is.

It's currently about 4am CST, so in 7 hours.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Is there still a voucher code floating around for GMG for the season pass? I've tried searching for one but all the ones I find have expired.

edit: nevermind, I found one. P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 in case anybody else is looking.

nvm no cake fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 22, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cat doter posted:

I am using it! I have it turned down because summon signs burn my eyes with the default setting, I'm just at a weird angle against the sun in the screenshot.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The Green Calx posted:

Is there still a voucher code floating around for GMG for the season pass? I've tried searching for one but all the ones I find have expired.

edit: nevermind, I found one. P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 in case anybody else is looking.

I just checked this myself, since the 20% off code doesn't always work. It does on this though, so you can get the season pass for $20. I probably should have done that.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So uh, how do you buy the DLC? I can't find it in the PS3 store. :downs:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Yep! Though the Lightning Spears actually do slightly more damage now, so if you have plenty of herbs then the reduced casts aren't too huge of a deal, and you should probably investigate using the Thorned Greatsword from now on if you want to stick with the weapon class.

Havel's is still good, just not as good.

From a bit ago, but the spears don't really do more damage in practice. Oh, sure, there are a few enemies you will annihilate but it seems they changed lightning resistances on enemies. You'll spend two of your three casts killing one enemy more often than not. It takes a shitload of stats and the best lightning chime to make them even worth the effort but doing 1600 damage to the Alonne Knights with Sunlight Spear is pretty fun. The problem is that you do like half that to most enemies and only have two casts anyway.

Ragnar34 posted:

So uh, how do you buy the DLC? I can't find it in the PS3 store. :downs:

Dunno what your region is, but the PSN store does not update until pretty late in the day for NA. It doesn't seem to have a set time like Steam does.

edit: the season pass should be up already though, try looking for that

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 22, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Green Calx posted:

In case that code expires or if anyone from europe still wants to pick it up: Nuuvem has the season pass for R$44,99 (US$20 & €15).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Zedd posted:

I think most scrips will be updated soon but here is a 100% failsafe way:
- Back up saves
- Open cheatengine, attach Ds2 process
- New scan for SM value
- Kill something or consume a soul item
- Next scan for new SM value
- Repeat above 2 if you feel like it
- Change all those numbers
- Quit to main menu, close Cheatengine
You should be done

Thanks a lot, it worked. Now to enjoy jolly cooperation.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
People are saying it's out now.

*EDIT* Yah it's out just gotta restart steam.

Cool Blue Reason fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 22, 2014

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Raygereio posted:

In case that code expires or if anyone from europe still wants to pick it up: Nuuvem has the season pass for R$44,99 (US$20 & €15).
Is this one of those shady key resellers or requires some vpn region cheatery?

(I assume using vpns to buy games in cheaper regions is still one of the few things steam actually bans accounts for.)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

(I assume using vpns to buy games in cheaper regions is still one of the few things steam actually bans accounts for.)

Nuuvem is legit. If you are having issues ask a goon gifter from the Steam thread for help. I would not risk using a VPN

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

My first death was very shameful

edit: A lot of this seems poison focused. I found some armour that makes poison stronger. I think I'm gonna roll through here with my poison build guy.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 22, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Nope and nope.
Nuuvem is legit. And I'm in the Netherlands and could activate the key without problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
everyone cool should be a bellbro its the best guild