Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

On her other Facebook account, she said she was really glad that she and her boyfriend broke up when they did because she was fed up with having bad sex due to his circumcised dick. In the most dick-shaming way possible, like he had any choice in the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Do people really sit around and think about dicks this much? I don't really have an opinion on male circumcision (because what difference does it make?) but I can't fathom the level of vitriol and obsession these people posses. Seriously though, how many times an hour does this woman think about dick? I have one and I don't think about it even a fraction of how much this woman thinks about men's reproductive organs.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

PervertedLogic posted:

Do people really sit around and think about dicks this much? I don't really have an opinion on male circumcision (because what difference does it make?) but I can't fathom the level of vitriol and obsession these people posses. Seriously though, how many times an hour does this woman think about dick? I have one and I don't think about it even a fraction of how much this woman thinks about men's reproductive organs.

Considering how many topics about female genital mutilation (female circumcision) I see get hijacked by men going 'WHAT ABOUT THE MEN WHO GET CIRCUMCISED?!', the answer is yes, probably they do.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Careful. Even something awful isn't immune to a circumcision debate.

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Jul 22, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Careful. Even something awful isn't immune to a circumcision debate.

There's already been a few of them and they were just as terrible as you might expect.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Ninjasaurus posted:

There's already been a few of them and they were just as terrible as you might expect.

Good thing you guys cut it short this time, then.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

M.Ciaster posted:

:golfclap:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

M.Ciaster posted:

Take note goons, this is how you end a debate.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Beartaco posted:

Take note goons, this is how you end a debate.

Thanks for the tip.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
For some reason I feel this is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flcnIVDCnFA

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

One of her friends mentioned reconstructionists I googled it to see if it was what I thought it was. Don't do that.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Need to keep an eye on red in case he posts more sovereign citizen hilarity on green's wall.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Korgan posted:

Need to keep an eye on red in case he posts more sovereign citizen hilarity on green's wall.

"Barry Powell, Conscious Entity, and their friends" sounds like the name of an indie music night.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Korgan posted:

You would think that after their "secrets" have failed to work time and time again people would wisen up, but no. Do they think if they annoy enough judges their fantasy legal roleplay will accepted as a thing?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Just based on random youtube searches; you get lots of videos titled "FREEMAN EXERTS RIGHTS AND MAGISTRATE DISMISS CASE" when in reality the court is thinking "I'm not dealing with this much poo poo for a £50 parking fine". They apparently exist in the UK which is crazy since their garbage makes even less sense in the UK than in does in the US...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

IceAgeComing posted:

Just based on random youtube searches; you get lots of videos titled "FREEMAN EXERTS RIGHTS AND MAGISTRATE DISMISS CASE" when in reality the court is thinking "I'm not dealing with this much poo poo for a £50 parking fine". They apparently exist in the UK which is crazy since their garbage makes even less sense in the UK than in does in the US...

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the US to start with; that being said the security guards at US courts have tazers.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
It's simply a cult mentality. You don't see Scientologists giving up the first time they're told they are 'clear' and don't suddenly get superpowers. If something fails it's because you didn't believe enough or say the right thing at the right time. You created a joinder because you nodded your head when the judge said your name giving him evil magic powers over you not the fact your entire belief system is magic thinking.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Sovereign citizens are the PUAs of laws. They basically put in enough "magic" legal sounding bullshit coins and hope to get immunity out of it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

IceAgeComing posted:

Some of the laws they like to cite come from the UK. One I remember is a 17th century English law that says you're considered legally dead if you're lost at sea for seven years. Freemen pretend that it's still on the books, that if it were on the books it would apply outside of the UK, and that what it really means is that on your seventh birthday the state automatically stops thinking you exist unless you explicitly re-apply to not be considered dead.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
For those interested, there's a long and thorough Canadian court decision explaining why Freeman on the land philosophy is moronic.
http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Sovereign citizens are the PUAs of laws. They basically put in enough "magic" legal sounding bullshit coins and hope to get immunity out of it.

Except (though I hate to say it) PUA's occasionally have their tricks work.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Magic is right. Sovereign citizenry is legal mysticism - the core belief is that there is a hidden True Law (No liability! Free money!) accessible to the educated few that have unlocked the Secret Code (mostly UCC filings and liens combined with schizophrenic syntax). It's the idea of Revelation in the context of tax dodging.

Edit: Also, talking about Australian sovereigns, this video will never not be funny: http://youtu.be/ZsoUArgpo9s

Wax Dynasty has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Jul 22, 2014

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

To be fair advertising and branding on a police car seems pretty loving Robocop.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Some of the laws they like to cite come from the UK. One I remember is a 17th century English law that says you're considered legally dead if you're lost at sea for seven years. Freemen pretend that it's still on the books, that if it were on the books it would apply outside of the UK, and that what it really means is that on your seventh birthday the state automatically stops thinking you exist unless you explicitly re-apply to not be considered dead.

I'm also curious why they've latched onto maritime law/land vs. water laws so much. To me it always reads like a second year physics student just choosing convenient variables to get the correct answer to a problem (that they looked up in the back of the book) but doing the problem wrong.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Seems like if this were the case then they'd stop giving you government benefits at 7.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605809
Pretty good gbs thread on it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Pretty good gbs thread

Heh.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Let's see: competing with Amazon in two different dying brick-and-mortar businesses, with a bonus "catering to people who don't have any money" on the side. Why not throw a restaurant or coffee shop in there too and hit all the "basically guaranteed to fail" bases? The way I've heard it, basically the only way to survive starting any sort of business is to have enough startup money to not make any profit for at least a year.

These wonderful people are trying it with crowdfunding for starting capital.

lfield
May 10, 2008
You sound fun.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013
Don't tell me there's not single a part of you that wants a book/record store with a community art space to open and succeed in 2014.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
If I were to try a guaranteed to fail business, I would want to use other people's money, too.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Imagined posted:

with a bonus "catering to people who don't have any money" on the side.

Yeah, gently caress the poors. Let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps until they can afford to go to a real shop :bahgawd:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Yeah, gently caress the poors. Let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps until they can afford to go to a real shop :bahgawd:

Yes, this is an accurate reading of what I said. Ron Paul 2016.

Look, a "community art space" is great, but it's not a business. It's something a foundation or a museum or a local government or an independently wealthy philanthropist runs. Not a bookstore.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Jul 22, 2014

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Wasabi the J posted:

Except (though I hate to say it) PUA's occasionally have their tricks work.

I was wearing a dog-tag that I got from an art festival near my town on Saturday. My coworker told me I needed to keep wearing it, and I was already pretty annoyed by it, so I said I was getting rid of it the next day. He said "Nah man, that's how you get the ladies! It gives them something to fiddle with, and it brings them really close to you! Have you ever heard of this show The Pickup Artist?" I laughed, and went on with my day.

Literally later that night I had that exact thing happen to me at a bar, the girl fiddling with it, coming real close, everything. The problem with PUA poo poo isn't that it won't increase your chances of getting laid, it just also requires seeing women as objects and numbers, and basing your life and self-worth around how many women you can trick into having sex with you. Also, there's the fact that you can just improve yourself as a human being and it'll work way better than strange formulas and manipulative tricks.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Imagined posted:

I don't know how else to read it. What's the problem with a shop that makes itself accessible to low-income people? They have precious few entertainment options as it is.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

razorrozar posted:

I don't know how else to read it. What's the problem with a shop that makes itself accessible to low-income people? They have precious few entertainment options as it is.
The problem is the guy is asking for money for "wonderful people" on facebook, and when the business is doing terrible in a year he'll probably ask for more or just close up and waste everyone time and money.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Imagined posted:

Look, a "community art space" is great, but it's not a business. It's something a foundation or a museum or a local government or an independently wealthy philanthropist runs. Not a bookstore.

Not everyone that produces art is on the brink of starvation. Also, a community art space can be some pictures hanging on the wall from local artists. This is seriously the dumbest thing to nitpick about a store that wants to sell physical books and music in 2014.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cage posted:

The problem is the guy who wants to run it is asking for money on a website, and when the business is doing terrible in a year he'll probably ask for more.

Yes, that is a problem, but the way he said it presented the low-income thing as a separate problem, which it isn't. Asking money from poor people is bad; giving them something to do is not.

Maybe it was just poor wording, in which case I was wrong and I apologize.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

razorrozar posted:

I read it as that it would be out of business pretty quick, not some sort of 'gently caress the poors' or anything.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Breaky posted:

I read it as that it would be out of business pretty quick, not some sort of 'gently caress the poors' or anything.

Okay, poor wording and me being a confrontational jackass. I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Imagined posted:

Let's see: competing with Amazon in two different dying brick-and-mortar businesses, with a bonus "catering to people who don't have any money" on the side. Why not throw a restaurant or coffee shop in there too and hit all the "basically guaranteed to fail" bases? The way I've heard it, basically the only way to survive starting any sort of business is to have enough startup money to not make any profit for at least a year.

These wonderful people are trying it with crowdfunding for starting capital.

Yeah, gently caress local businesses! Bow down to our corporate overlords.

• Locked thread