Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jwang
Mar 31, 2013
For desynthesis, there is probably some sort of crazy logarithmic curve for it, but I can't be bothered to plot a couple hundred points of data to try to figure things out. All I know is that at ilvl + 10 desynth rank, I have ~70% desynth chance for whatever ilvl gear I'm desynthing. Of course, RNG can translate this into anywhere from 10% success rate to 90%, so your mileage may vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

"Pubbie hunting zergs are boring. You should join a private linkshell Dont ask to join mine."

I've joined a pubbie zerg once, and actually found it more or less enjoyable. Everyone works together to scan the zones and call things out. It's all pretty well managed.

those are basically all kanetw/balzac/etcs posts in a nutshell fygm

also the pubbie teamspeak is insanely coordinated, im impressed

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Goons pretty amazed pubbies came up with a competent and effective system.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Our system is better.

No you can't use it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Grem posted:

Goons pretty amazed pubbies came up with a competent and effective system.

Ya it works p good. My Storm Elite coat is shiny and new. :3:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I really hope S-ranks are just a random timed respawn. The pubbies are going to hilarious lengths to force them to spawn. Big piles of corpses outside the mines in Outer La Noscea, pacing back and forth with pets out in front of Camp Bronze Lake, doing treasure maps in Mor Dhona, burning battle leves somewhere else.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Finger Sandwiches and the pet march are real.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
S ranks are definitely spawned by conditions its just that they're on long cooldowns so when people constantly spam the conditions obviously the signal to noise is bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
SE has outright stated some elite marks (S ranks) have specific triggers that make them spawn. (When they aren't on cooldown from the last time they died)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

SE has outright stated some elite marks (S ranks) have specific triggers that make them spawn. (When they aren't on cooldown from the last time they died)

Does the one in Outer La Noscea require a bunch of players all killing themselves? I was in the area for my beastman quests and I saw a pile of dead bodies and people in shout saying to not revive anyone. I think I see the back story for Tam Tara extreme.

Also why haven't I been told about ingenuity leves before, these are so much better for grinding classes. I mean I guess you make less xp cause you aren't crafting 9 HQ items, but you only need to craft 1 single HQ item and you'll make more xp off the leve then a triple turn in and you wont have to deal with making 9 HQ items.

Time Traveler
Aug 16, 2011

I don't make promises that I can't keep.

Belzac posted:

Our system is better.

No you can't use it.

The risky mob is slain

20 more seals for me

I see the plebs

wallowing in their ignorance

posting in the thread

"feh", I scoff

and a reply I type

notifying all of my superiority

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Belzac posted:

Our system is better.

No you can't use it.

This has to be self-parody at this point.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
It's almost as if they keep posting it because people keep reacting to it.

<black mage parse>

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

BGrifter posted:

I really hope S-ranks are just a random timed respawn. The pubbies are going to hilarious lengths to force them to spawn. Big piles of corpses outside the mines in Outer La Noscea, pacing back and forth with pets out in front of Camp Bronze Lake, doing treasure maps in Mor Dhona, burning battle leves somewhere else.

I love the hundreds of people walking around with pets and poo poo. It's adorable, especially when you consider that in spite of it all, the damnable thing still took like 40 hours to spawn.

Also the pubbie TS is amazingly well coordinated and about as good as hunts are going to get in their current incarnation. Best to make your own party though, lest you get razzed by pubbies for not jogging your rear end to every B rank that you can't even see because it gets culled and then someone waddles up to "see" it and face-pulls early.

Seriously gently caress B ranks unless for some reason you still want myth.

Doublestep posted:

It's almost as if they keep posting it because people keep reacting to it.

<black mage parse>

<fracture pie chart>

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

When I was doing hunts on Sunday prime time I got full 5 seals on 95% of the B ranks I went to. Usually didn't have much trouble keeping them targeted either. :shrug:

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

seannykun posted:

Hi how does it feel to be so wrong?

I dunno, how does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBC_fQ9FR_k

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
350 is a pretty good parse but I'd like to point out that the War in the same parse is obviously the main tank and is probably in Defiance.

Edit: Yeah actually watched the video and the War is in Defiance the whole time which roughly means the difference in DPS is 350 vs. 340. (Obviously just basic math and not counting Unchained or anything).

Double Edit: Not to mention Brain Jack either.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 22, 2014

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Turn 7 produces some of the best poses for screenshots.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
And that paladin didn't actually do what you have a second tank in T8 for, judging by his damage taken. That looks like full uptime DPSing the boss with possibly taking missiles if the bard got hit by Allagan Field (not watching the video at the moment)

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Doublestep posted:

And that paladin didn't actually do what you have a second tank in T8 for, judging by his damage taken. That looks like full uptime DPSing the boss with possibly taking missiles if the bard got hit by Allagan Field (not watching the video at the moment)

He did tank Dreads and TWed through mines.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Jesus.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Belzac posted:

He did tank Dreads and TWed through mines.

welp.

That's really low damage taken, jesus.

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

Doublestep posted:

That's really low damage taken, jesus.

Paladin.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

It's marginal damage but Warrior still wins out in DPS in tank stance if they can manage an UBIR rotation, which is pretty much as simple as rotations get in FFXIV. Like I've never had to worry about a Paladin stealing threat FROM me in a tank swap by accident unless...i...accidentally provoke a dark matter bulb or something BUT WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT HUH

:smith:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

I'm planning on finishing out all my DoH classes to 50 at about 1 class/week from here on out. Is there a recommended order? I assume I'll want Crapenter, Alcoholic, and Weaver before the rest for their capstones. Crapenter seems easiest since once you get to 45, it's ALL MAHOGANY ALL THE TIME. Any suggestions?

Progress made. Byregot get.

I guess Alchemist is the obvious next choice. Then, weaver (oh god, I don't wanna do weaver). Haven't given it much thought past that. GSM and CUL should be super easy, though.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I didn't even know Cactuar earrings existed until now, and now i know that i would loving murder someone for those kickass earrings.

You know, I could've sworn Cactuar players got the earrings, but I can't seem to find them. I was hoping to glamour them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

cancerianmoth posted:

You know, I could've sworn Cactuar players got the earrings, but I can't seem to find them. I was hoping to glamour them.
You had to go to an NPC and manually buy them, for a limited time.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Belzac posted:

350 is a pretty good parse but I'd like to point out that the War in the same parse is obviously the main tank and is probably in Defiance.

Edit: Yeah actually watched the video and the War is in Defiance the whole time which roughly means the difference in DPS is 350 vs. 340. (Obviously just basic math and not counting Unchained or anything).

Double Edit: Not to mention Brain Jack either.

Compare this PLD OT to other guilds' WAR OTs -- WARs generally pull 320 or so on the high end. 1-2-3 is very strong in this game.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Everything to do with Sword Oath and nothing to do with 1-2-3.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Honestly the fact that the WAR is only 75DPS behind while MTing in defiance should tell you something. It's a good vid to show that PLD are respectable at DPS as well. Also I'll have to get back to you on it but one of our static leaders I am certain can pull WAR DPS above your estimations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Progress made. Byregot get.

I guess Alchemist is the obvious next choice. Then, weaver (oh god, I don't wanna do weaver). Haven't given it much thought past that. GSM and CUL should be super easy, though.

Unless the price spiked (I got them for 40-50 gil each) you can do mass Lanolin turnins in Coerthas to take Alchemy quickly from 40-50. Fastest I was able to cap a class in that range, and if the lanolin is cheap enough you'll make cash along the way.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tortolia posted:

Unless the price spiked (I got them for 40-50 gil each) you can do mass Lanolin turnins in Coerthas to take Alchemy quickly from 40-50. Fastest I was able to cap a class in that range, and if the lanolin is cheap enough you'll make cash along the way.

HQ Lanolin is up to ~400g/ea. I'm just going to do Potent Sleeping pots from 45-50. It'll be a couple less allowance (of which I have 1 right now).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tortolia posted:

That's what I did back in the day. You don't need to get HQ. It just takes a few more leves that way.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

cancerianmoth posted:

The Cactuar, and Bomb "earrings" are actually one earring, which kind of sucks. Why they didn't make them hang off both ears is a mystery.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's what I did back in the day. You don't need to get HQ. It just takes a few more leves that way.

Yeah, don't worry about HQ turnins unless you're actually strapped for leves.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Shere posted:

Also the pubbie TS is amazingly well coordinated and about as good as hunts are going to get in their current incarnation. Best to make your own party though, lest you get razzed by pubbies for not jogging your rear end to every B rank that you can't even see because it gets culled and then someone waddles up to "see" it and face-pulls early.

So, apparently I am internet-incompetent and can't find it. Can anyone post the pubbie TS info for those of us out of the loop?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tortolia posted:

Yeah, don't worry about HQ turnins unless you're actually strapped for leves.

I have literally 1 allowance remaining. I'm doing all HQs all the time.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

I have literally 1 allowance remaining. I'm doing all HQs all the time.

If you're scraping the barrel on allowances, back-burner craft leveling until the next weekend, then come back to it. You'll probably make progress more efficiently (if nothing else, in terms of how long you clog up inventory space with materials) if you do it in bursts rather than six leves each day.

Alternatively, spend the time non-leve leveling some craft that has a whole bunch of prerequisite synths to any real synths, such as weaver. (2 whatever = yarn, 2 yarn = cloth, 3 cloth and 2 yarn = final item. Raise quality on all those synths and you get a lot of experience just from the crafting alone.)

For even better results, give crafting a rest for 2 weeks, and come back to find 84 allowances ready and waiting for you to plow through them.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm reading all the posts here, and feeling a bit confused. What exactly should I be doing before I hit max level, other than leveling? I don't really know what all this game has going on :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Annath posted:

I'm reading all the posts here, and feeling a bit confused. What exactly should I be doing before I hit max level, other than leveling? I don't really know what all this game has going on :v:

The only thing you have to do while leveling is the main questline because it's required to unlock almost everything in the game.

Once you hit 50 the only things that are mandatory are the Hildibrand quests and your relic quest.

• Locked thread