Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Hrrrrm... Does Trendy have any goodwill left at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

On the one hand, I can get it for $6. On the other, far more important hand, unless it comes with a systemic change to the lovely grinding they added, gently caress off and die.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Look, I get they don't want to sell themselves short, but they should at least have some self awareness of what their game is and isn't. "Ground-breaking story" :pwn:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

After the developers spoke up about the problems within the company, management did apparently change for the better, for what it's worth.

As for the grind, they do mention a 'rebalanced endgame'.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Who played Halfway and is it any good? :ohdear:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
OlliOlli is out.
It looks awesome. And was apparently great on Vita.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/274250/

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

I was halfway tempted to get it and see what they changed, then I read a few things about how it was supposedly developed for mobile and crossplay and such so maybe I will just wait and someone else can tell me if it's terrible.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

kojicolnair posted:

I read a few things about how it was supposedly developed for mobile and crossplay

So was the original version.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Orv posted:

On the one hand, I can get it for $6. On the other, far more important hand, unless it comes with a systemic change to the lovely grinding they added, gently caress off and die.

The implication I get from the store page is that the terrible "hope to god you randomly get an epic tier weapon so you can even attempt the highest difficulty level" stuff has maybe been fixed? Though it also sounds like they added more guff to sink time into, too.

Edit: As expected, SPUF is not pleased about it. I do feel like they should've dropped the loyalty price to $4.99 instead of $5.99.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 22, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Carecat posted:

Who played Halfway and is it any good? :ohdear:

I've only seen posts in forums looking forward to it. Not seen any other gameplay besides what was in the trailer.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

John Murdoch posted:

guff to sink time into

If you remove all the window dressing (some of which is admittedly amazing), isn't this every video game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

razorrozar posted:

If you remove all the window dressing (some of which is admittedly amazing), isn't this every video game?

Yes my pedantic friend, but Dungeon Defenders took it to levels unseen for people who don't train for say, the Olympics.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Is Divinity Original Sin region locked at all? If I get gifted it from a seller in another country will I be able to play it ok?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Orv posted:

Where is it six dollars?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of more poo poo on Steam, there is another awful Dungeon Defenders game on the store now. Do not support this developer.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Is Divinity Original Sin region locked at all? If I get gifted it from a seller in another country will I be able to play it ok?

All regions use the same appID, so it's the same wherever you get it.

So you'll be able to play it fine.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey Walking Dead 2 Episode 4 comes out today, so you might see it as a weekday deal in 30 minutes.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Rirse posted:

Speaking of more poo poo on Steam, there is another awful Dungeon Defenders game on the store now. Do not support this developer.

Did you... not look at anything on this page?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Where is it six dollars?

If you're a dumb idiot who owns previous titles in the series.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Oh hey Walking Dead 2 Episode 4 comes out today, so you might see it as a weekday deal in 30 minutes.

I almost forgot. Time to fire through it... As soon as the Telltale Client updates. :(

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

Edit: As expected, SPUF is not pleased about it.

Those boards breed a special kind of crazy. I think the funniest comment was - paraphrasing - 'I have no idea what this is, so I'm not sure if I should be angry about it. I'm leaning towards anger.' And I'm pretty sure the guy was being completely sincere, too.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Whoo I am now getting ready to play Original Sin. I've been looking forward to this for ages. Divinity 2 was really good, as was dragon commander.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Look, I get they don't want to sell themselves short, but they should at least have some self awareness of what their game is and isn't. "Ground-breaking story" :pwn:

What if it's a story about digging?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

John Murdoch posted:

Dungeon Defenders was okay so long as you played with friends and after you beat it once, you don't really bother too much trying to beat the harder difficulties.

quote:

Our young heroes have an entirely redesigned loot system that fixes major issues from the original, giving them a fairer fight against the Old Ones’ rebalanced army!
Read: game became a terrible grind for non-lovely drops, maybe it got fixed

quote:

Ground-breaking story about a group of children who try to save the world
hahahahahaahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahah

E: i seriously doubt it's really worth revisiting for extra money, better to just wait for the second one and see how that turns out

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

What if it's a story about digging?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250760/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

Ground-breaking story about a group of children who try to save the world

quote:

Ground-breaking story about a group of children

quote:

group of children

The official Dungeon Defenders artwork.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I haven't heard anything about Trendy that would make me think "I want to support them"

Orcs Must Die was better anyway

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

pentyne posted:

The official Dungeon Defenders artwork.

That's one of many calls from the team leader that resulted in this expose article:

http://kotaku.com/investigation-a-video-game-studio-from-hell-511872642

The guy has since been removed from any kind of direct management role, which is good. By all accounts it's a good team, but they had one incredible rear end in a top hat leading things and loving things up, so the whole studio kinda spoke up at once to get rid of him.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

how do you pull up that list? I assume it's an enhanced steam thing but I can't find it.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Awesome! posted:

how do you pull up that list? I assume it's an enhanced steam thing but I can't find it.

Steam - Overall Enhancement UE

Does a couple things that Enhanced Steam doesn't, like bypass age checks, and lets you easily check the restrictions on the appid by clicking the number. You bring up that window by clicking on the price.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Nailed it. 33% off until July 28th.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Dominic White posted:

That's one of many calls from the team leader that resulted in this expose article:

http://kotaku.com/investigation-a-video-game-studio-from-hell-511872642

The guy has since been removed from any kind of direct management role, which is good. By all accounts it's a good team, but they had one incredible rear end in a top hat leading things and loving things up, so the whole studio kinda spoke up at once to get rid of him.

Was it the same guy that stated that PC Sales wouldn't be profitable? I called that out on the forums and I've yet to see a thread get closed that fast.

Real note: Dungeon Defenders -- Play something else unless you have literally beat everything else on your Steam menu. It's fun for a bit but everyone is right, the latter content turns into a grind fest and the difficulty curve is a 110 degree angle.

Quest for Glory is right, if you're craving it, Orcs Must Die (or hell, even Sanctum I or II) is a ton better.

Lethemonster posted:

Whoo I am now getting ready to play Original Sin. I've been looking forward to this for ages. Divinity 2 was really good, as was dragon commander.

I wasn't a fan of Dragon Commander (granted the story was awesome but God drat did I hate the "strategy portions", but Divinity: Original Sin is absolutely awesome.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Steam - Overall Enhancement UE

Does a couple things that Enhanced Steam doesn't, like bypass age checks, and lets you easily check the restrictions on the appid by clicking the number. You bring up that window by clicking on the price.

This seems much more convenient than Enhanced Steam. Thanks for the link.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Oh hey, Uplay has the option of playing a game before it's all downloaded now. I'm sure that will make up for everything.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Tezzeract posted:

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/lionheart-promo

Slap the coupon on and get 20 steambux for 15$.

Just wanted to chime in that the 5$ discount worked for me. Hit up your Apple nerd buddies to get you these sweet coupons.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

Edit: As expected, SPUF is not pleased about it. I do feel like they should've dropped the loyalty price to $4.99 instead of $5.99.

At this point, given how much goodwill they've lost and that they're working on a sequel, I think they'd have been further ahead offering this as a free patch to people with the earlier version. The rebalances, at least. I'm not going to give them another buck until I know they've got their act together.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Humble Square Enix Bundle

$1+
Thief Gold
Daikatana
Mini NInjas
Anachronox
Hitman
Hitman 2

BTA:
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: The Fall
Hitman: ABsolution
Nosgoth Veteran Pack
Battlestations: Midway

$15+_
Deus Ex: HR DC
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light
Deus Ex GOTY
Kane & Lynch 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looks like Jon Romeros about to make a whole lot of goons his bitch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bieeardo posted:

At this point, given how much goodwill they've lost and that they're working on a sequel, I think they'd have been further ahead offering this as a free patch to people with the earlier version. The rebalances, at least. I'm not going to give them another buck until I know they've got their act together.

Yeah seriously. Even if the company is no longer entirely toxic (Stieglitz is still around afterall...), they haven't demonstrated that they're competent, have clear direction and in tune with what people find fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hogo Fogo posted:

Humble Square Enix Bundle

$1+
Thief Gold
Daikatana
Mini NInjas
Anachronox
Hitman
Hitman 2

BTA:
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: The Fall
Hitman: ABsolution
Nosgoth Veteran Pack
Battlestations: Midway

$15+_
Deus Ex: HR DC
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light
Deus Ex GOTY
Kane & Lynch 2

As soon as somebody confirms separate keys, I'm probably going in on the $15 tier. Looks pretty great.

• Locked thread