Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Azran posted:

^ Nope. Touch his clothes.

Where's the Promised Walk of Peace located? I feel like I've searched everywhere.

Sure it only requires the AMH? I have it, and his clothes are glowing, but nothing is happening. Is it tied to the DLC? Because I'm on the PS3 (which doesn't have it yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ice_Mallet posted:

The Imperious Set looks pretty similar to the insolent armor, just a bit bigger with less paint. Mixing and matching it with the Insolent Set is pretty fun.

The Rogue Gauntlets do that perfectly.

Masks just look goofy in this game. But hey, maybe one of these will work?

That's the royal swordsman helmet, white hollow mage hood, Nahr Alma hood, female theif mask, rogue hood and creighton's respectively.

What do you wear on your head and feet? IS THE DLC HARD AND GOOD AND FUN GUYS?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Oh god, dealing with Velstadt again. And he can show up more than once in the same fight.

:shepicide:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KoldPT posted:

Oh god, dealing with Velstadt again. And he can show up more than once in the same fight.

:shepicide:

Just ignore him. It's much simpler, and easier too.

Seriously, where is the first bonfire in the Dragon Sanctum? I found the second and third.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think you only need the Ashen Mist Heart. It is related to the DLC since it hints at the reason as for why we collect the crowns.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Azran posted:

I got the one on the ledge, gonna try the room with the tree, even though I don't remember which one that is. :v: Second bonfire in Shulva?

Yes, over on the cavern wall. If you'd seen the tree you would definitely remember. The inlet with the switch (behind the glowing statues) is near the little tower with the ladder you can get to by walking along the movable platforms from the bonfire.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 22, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
how do I access the DLC content?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

how do I access the DLC content?

Go to the primal bonfire room past the Rotten in Black Gulch. If you own the DLC the key you need will automatically be added to your inventory when you load your file. You don't need the Ashen Mist Heart or anything special.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Is there something special you need to do on the PC end to get Dark Souls 2 to recognize that you own the DLC? Because the DLC item isn't appearing in my inventory and I can't access the new area despite owning the season pass.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

King of Solomon posted:

Is there something special you need to do on the PC end to get Dark Souls 2 to recognize that you own the DLC? Because the DLC item isn't appearing in my inventory and I can't access the new area despite owning the season pass.

Restart steam.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Restart steam.

That worked, thanks!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Just finished (I think?) the DLC. I really liked it! The level design is crazy complex, has this whole 3 layers thing going on, it's almost like a puzzle. The final boss is pretty challenging but nothing we haven't seen before.

Cool DLC. Totally worth the money.

edit: Oh and I literally only died against the bosses in the DLC, I didn't fall for any of your nasty tricks, From. I'm beginning to learn.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
For Lucatiel if I summoned her and kept her alive for The Lost Sinner, Flexile and The Smelter Demon, but she died to The Rotten, then does that still advance her story?

Also, guess who just learned there was a second bonfire in the black gulch on their second playthrough.

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012
How long did it take you to beat the DLC?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

AlternatePFG posted:

I've still got parts of it to go; I didn't explore the whole thing, but a casual runthrough took maybe 6 hours.

AlternatePFG
Jun 19, 2012

cat doter posted:

I've still got parts of it to go; I didn't explore the whole thing, but a casual runthrough took maybe 6 hours.

Oh wow, that's surprisingly lengthy. I think I'm going to run my NG+ character through it first cause I really don't feel like playing another character through to the Rotten.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

For Lucatiel if I summoned her and kept her alive for The Lost Sinner, Flexile and The Smelter Demon, but she died to The Rotten, then does that still advance her story?

Also, guess who just learned there was a second bonfire in the black gulch on their second playthrough.

Yes, you need to keep her alive for at least three fights.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Yes. You just need to beart 3 bosses with her. It can even be the same boss 3 times via bonfire ascetics. You also need to talk to her in 4 different locations. One spot in particular can be tricky to find. See here if you didn't find them all on your own.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AlternatePFG posted:

I beat the three bosses and found all but one of the bonfires in about three hours, and that's with a decent amount of sunbroing. I could see people beating it in less on their first run.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
There's apparently a hidden bonfire before the DLC bosses:

ign posted:

The road to Elana is fairly tedious unless you know this secret. Just past the broken staircase in the deepest depths of Dragon’s Sanctum is a in a wide, dark passage running perpendicular to the vast chasm you’ve been descending. When facing the right spot, a stairwell to to knights will be out of sight on a corridor to your right, and a chasm will be far off to your left. Shoot the center of the wall at eye level to reveal a hidden Bonfire.

Has anyone found it?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm not completely done yet but had a fantastic time with it so far (on ng+ char). The areas are pretty complex and gorgeous and fun to explore, the new enemies are fun to fight and there are some interesting (but not too annoying) gimmicks, and Jester Invasion and Not-Nashandra Elena are probably my favorite fights in the game now.

No idea where the third optional boss is? I assume somewhere in the cave of the dead, but that looked like a dead end to me.

It probably didn't take me 10 hours (or even 6 - unless the last boss kicks my rear end forever), but it was totally worth 10 bucks, let alone as part of the season pass. Here's hoping they keep up that level of quality.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KoldPT posted:

There's apparently a hidden bonfire before the DLC bosses:

Has anyone found it?

That sounds like the third bonfire. I did find that one, but not the first.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

That sounds like the third bonfire. I did find that one, but not the first.

The Hidden Sanctum Chamber one is in the room with the sand and the spikes, you gotta shoot some stuff to open it up, namely, a hidden thing in the wall when you go down the stairs that lead to the Jester.

I can't find the third though. Would've helped with the annoying-rear end run to the boss! :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KoldPT posted:

The Hidden Sanctum Chamber one is in the room with the sand and the spikes, you gotta shoot some stuff to open it up, namely, a hidden thing in the wall when you go down the stairs that lead to the Jester.

I can't find the third though. Would've helped with the annoying-rear end run to the boss! :v:

Motherfucker, that's where it is? Thanks for that, I've been looking.

The third one requires a jump. It's above Elana's boss arena, behind an illusory wall by some knights.

edit: finally found that drat bonfire, and I feel pretty dumb about how you get to it

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 22, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what's up with that thing about there being an easy mode and a hard mode that was being talked about before the dlc released?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

So what's up with that thing about there being an easy mode and a hard mode that was being talked about before the dlc released?

Mistranslation. The "challenge mode" is an optional area, which is also where you can summon people who don't have the DLC.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Jesus loving Christ, these bosses are lazy as poo poo. We got reskinned Nashandra, reskinned Kalameet, and three dudes in regular loving armor with nothing special about them at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Jesus loving Christ, these bosses are lazy as poo poo. We got reskinned Nashandra, reskinned Kalameet, and three dudes in regular loving armor with nothing special about them at all.

Except the three dude boss is actually an incredibly interesting and difficult solo fight? Or at least can be.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ugh, I tried making a new character last night on the PS3 version to set up for the DLC, and I don't think it's gonna happen. I have no idea how I played through this entire game multiple times at ~15 FPS.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
DLC Are the enemies strong against hex? My spells barely do anything to them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just in preparation to play the dlc after work, are there a lot of twinkling titanite/dragon bones in the dlc? I really don't feel like grinding to finish off my defender's shield, much less anything I get in there, and I never ended up bothering with cheat engine.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Just in preparation to play the dlc after work, are there a lot of twinkling titanite/dragon bones in the dlc? I really don't feel like grinding to finish off my defender's shield, much less anything I get in there, and I never ended up bothering with cheat engine.

I ended up finding a fair few of both, not a massive amount though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh man, me and Ice Fist just tried running through the DLC and it ended with us just sprinting through narrow hallways away from ghosts while screaming at each other over Skype, then hitting a dead end and dying.

It was hilariously awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

The final boss is nothing like kalameet and has a lot of new animations. Chill the gently caress out?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My three sentence review (no major spoilers, it's just made so for the sensitive): The area in the DLC is really cool and it is very unique and well done. The new enemies are either unique (casters and ghosts) or loving terrifying (giant mouthed dinosaur I don't even know whats). The bosses are unbelievably disappointing and the plot retcon is not cool.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 22, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RBA Starblade posted:

I found quite a bit of both it feels like.

Overbite posted:

DLC Are the enemies strong against hex? My spells barely do anything to them.

It seems like enemies there resist all kinds of magic. Miracles did fuckall against most of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

There's a ton of petrified dragon bones, one of the enemies drops them really frequently and they're situated right next to a bonfire for easy farming. I wasn't even using the Jester's hood or Covetous Gold Serpent Ring but I got one nearly every kill. They're probably the coolest enemy design of the DLC, to boot. Though sometimes their walking animation glitches and they just slide around the area. Still, salamander t-rex is the best. There's a fair bit of twinkling titanite to be found but nothing drops it that I've noticed.

Tracula posted:

It seems like enemies there resist all kinds of magic. Miracles did fuckall against most of them.

Miracles are just bad now against most things, barring Blinding Bolt (maybe, I've heard it's good but haven't tried it). They don't resist lightning though, my +10 Lightning Red Iron Twinblade destroyed everything in the DLC.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 22, 2014

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Maybe the DLC would be a little bit easier if I wasn't running around in the loving COVENANT OF CHAMPIONS. just found out after beating Jester Thomas when I got an Awestone. :bang:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's a ton of petrified dragon bones, one of the enemies drops them really frequently and they're situated right next to a bonfire for easy farming. I wasn't even using the Jester's hood or Covetous Gold Serpent Ring but I got one nearly every kill. They're probably the coolest enemy design of the DLC, to boot. Though sometimes their walking animation glitches and they just slide around the area. Still, salamander t-rex is the best. There's a fair bit of twinkling titanite to be found but nothing drops it that I've noticed.

Cool, I need like nine of the fuckers for the shield by itself, but I'll probably hold off and see what I get first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does NG+ add any new mobs/phantoms to the DLC?