Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh god there's only five more episodes of Pam left... :gonk:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

I want this but more. Starting from when Eric stabs him with both swords. THANKS

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So, was Bon Temps briefly moved to the arid south west just before the Civil War? That seems like a weird thing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

smg77 posted:

Worse than Dexter is an awfully high bar to shoot for but if what was in that spoilered text actually happens it will have a shot.

It probably wouldn't overtake Dexter, but only because True Blood hasn't ever really taken itself seriously. Sure, it's had a few serious/somber moments and some light ethical/moral debates, but overall the show has never professed itself to be anything but a campy and trashy drama about vampires and fairies and 'romance'.

So at least it has that going for it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

counterfeitsaint posted:

So, was Bon Temps briefly moved to the arid south west just before the Civil War? That seems like a weird thing.

I think it is an instagram filter. It's old therefore things looked very dingy.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/21/HBOs-True-Blood-Offensively-Attacks-Ted-Cruz-And-GOP-Woman#disqus_thread

From a conservative news site. The comments are goooolden

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Wow. That was something.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

This episode was wonderful also wrt the spoilers I TOTALLY CALLED IT and my horrible person status is confirmed woot

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

This is the best thing I've read all day.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

I've always wanted to make a Conservative Internet comment Bingo card. That site would have cleared the entire card.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Slightly Toasted posted:

Didn't she give us the full frontal when her and Jason first hooked up? I'm pretty sure the only titties we haven't seen at this point are Willa's. And maybe pam. And Lettie may I guess.

Nope, she's apparently fine with pretty intense sideboob but I'm a nip man. Gotta have my nips. It's all moot anyway since if you want boobs Masters of Sex is the new hotness.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

smg77 posted:

This is the best thing I've read all day.

My favorite comment posted:

It seems to me that a couple of these HBO shows must have a senior gay writer that is really into homosexual erotica.

:laffo: :allears:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Captain Mog posted:

Yeah agreed. She's hot and seems to treat Jason well, at least, even despite her odd kinky quirks and hangups. He'd be an idiot to leave her for emotional trainwreck skank Jessica.

But he's Jason so being an idiot is part of his character.

e: I saw this in the Youtube comments for next week's preview and regardless of whether it's legit it seems so incredibly likely and eyeroll-inducing that I can't not share it. Like if this isn't the case, I'd be surprised:

Called it.

Oh,wait. Except for the human thing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Nope, she's apparently fine with pretty intense sideboob but I'm a nip man. Gotta have my nips. It's all moot anyway since if you want boobs Masters of Sex is the new hotness.

I think Ginger was on Masters of Sex this week, too.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

quote:

My girlfriend likes True Blood...and I like to think that I can watch/stomach shows that use conservatives/Christians as a punching bag and just let it row off my like shoulder like dirt...but this is one show that I can't watch. I just can't.

It's pretty freaking offensive to almost everything that I am.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And thus, the entire show is justified in my eyes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Eric ripping a man's face off was really cool.

I refuse to read those spoilers even though this show is heading full steam into the station with no brakes. How many to go? 5 episodes?

Can't wait to miss watching this horrible horrible entertaining show

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guys...it only gets better

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/07/22/Sarah-Palin-Drives-Stake-Through-Heart-of-True-Blood-Producers

quote:

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin rejected overtures from True Blood's producers for a cameo role on the conservative-bashing vampire show. Her instincts proved to be correct after Sunday's HBO episode in which Republican women were once again demeaned when one of the lead characters said in horror, "Oh my God, I'm a Republi-c*nt."

Palin told Breitbart News after she heard about the misogynistic episode that she simply wondered, "'True Blood' or true gall?"

"The brilliant minds of 'True Blood' were brazen enough to ask me to do a cameo on their show, apparently so they could insult a conservative woman in person instead of just all conservative women in general," Palin told Breitbart News. "Their offer wasn’t presented in any negative way, perhaps to benefit from a surprise factor after the guest appearance. I turned them down anyway."

Palin also had some choice words for hypocritical Hollywood liberals who often gin up the phony "war on women" rhetoric.

"To producers who throw these deceitfully 'flattering' bones that sound fun on the surface, is it really any wonder I don't accept your offers to participate in your shows?" she said. "Nice try HBO. I’d put any mama grizzly in America against a vampire any day; for only one of them actually exists. The left wants to talk about a 'war on women'? Keep engaging in your misogynist attacks on women you disagree with and we’ll see who wins your self-inflicted war in the court of decent public opinion."

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Cognitive dissonance? Or willful hypocrisy?

:iiam:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Sarah Palin posted:

"Nice try HBO. I’d put any mama grizzly in America against a vampire any day; for only one of them actually exists."

Palin: 1 True Blood: 0, can't argue with that.

I wonder if the writing would have changed to include her mowing down vampires or if she's right and they would have made her look stupid. If the former, I actually would have gained a small modicum of respect for her. But of course it goes down like this instead.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

It's too bad because that would've been just hilarious and probably actually improved her public image somewhat.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
It gives me so much satisfaction to know that she turned them down, therefore not getting any money for her appearance, yet still gets to know that they planned to humiliate her by making fun of rich idiots in cowboy hats and cocktail dresses.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Terms like "mama grizzly" make me want a meteorite to fall directly onto her head.

or better yet the waste from an airplane.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

timp posted:

if she's right and they would have made her look stupid.

C'mon, how hard would that be?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

timp posted:

Palin: 1 True Blood: 0, can't argue with that.

I wonder if the writing would have changed to include her mowing down vampires or if she's right and they would have made her look stupid. If the former, I actually would have gained a small modicum of respect for her. But of course it goes down like this instead.

I expect there would be lots of stuff about her speaking at the fundraiser, and then Sarah (Newlin) could say to her mom "I need help from Sarah Palin!" I'm glad it didn't happen because the last thing momma grizzly needs is more attention, also Sarah (Newlin) assuming that Laura Bush would be at the fundraiser cause why wouldn't she was even funnier.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why doesn't a super rich white Republican party have uv lights at all entrances.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why doesn't a super rich white Republican party have uv lights at all entrances.

Because you know despite their moral preaching they'll still take money from 600 year old vampires who remember the "good old days" and are completely done with unregulated free markets, banning gay marriage, and feasting on the poor.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

timp posted:

I doubt they even bothered to think about how they'd use her, because they knew she'd say no. On the off chance that she said yes she could have had a tiny cameo appearance, possibly even doing or saying pretty much anything she wanted to, but to say yes she'd have to have a sense of humour about herself and she clearly doesn't, so they asked her so that she'd talk about the show in the media and they'd get a bit more publicity for the final season.

pentyne posted:

Because you know despite their moral preaching they'll still take money from 600 year old vampires who remember the "good old days" and are completely done with unregulated free markets, banning gay marriage, and feasting on the poor.
Vampires are generally old, rich and powerful, and don't even pretend to care about those weaker than themselves. It would be pretty amazing if most of them didn't support conservative politicians.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Vampires are generally old, rich and powerful, and don't even pretend to care about those weaker than themselves. It would be pretty amazing if most of them didn't support conservative politicians.

I mean it's likely along the lines of "Latinos are ideal Republicans" or how wealthy gays would probably be voting Republican left and right if the party wasn't anti-gay.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That preacher is a drat idiot, "No Lettie-Maye you can't go to the party, I need to keep you away from alcohol and drugs" *leaves medication capable of rendering a man unconscious in an easily accessible kitchen cupboard*

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The knife with Willa's blood was left on the table uncleaned. Wondering if Letti-May will be back for that.

And loved the line "I'm not a murderer, I'm a Buddhist!"

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sarah Newlin is single handedly holding the show together.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

This showed up on my facebook timeline:

The original James supposedly quit because he didn't wanna be gay.

Fine with me, since this James is much hotter. I can't remember how decent of an actor Luke Grimes was, but Nathan Parsons is pretty good, as far as his portrayal of James has been.

Bored fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 23, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Now Ted Cruz has weighed in

quote:

"Of all the places I never thought to be mentioned, HBO's True Blood vampire show would have to be near the top of the list," Cruz wrote on his Facebook page Tuesday. "Sunday night, they aired a misogynist and profanity-ridden episode where Texas Republicans are murdered attending a 'Ted Cruz fundraiser.'"
He continued, "Well, I'm sorry to have lost the vampire vote, but am astonished (and amused) that HBO is suggesting that hard-core leftists are blood-sucking fiends...."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/07/22/Ted-Cruz-Blasts-Misogynist-and-Profanity-Ridden-True-Blood-Episode

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

God that's dumb. If he or any other recognizable Republican would have showed up, it would have turned from "We're outraged!!" to "We can have fun, too!" The Republican Party needs to fire their publicist. It's just a goddamn TV show.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Why is it misogynistic again? Is it because she said republicunt? Or because using buzz words to try and prove how the other side hates women and minorities is the cool thing to do in politics now

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Slightly Toasted posted:

Why is it misogynistic again?

Yeah. I was actually really confused about that. If the show didn't have an equal amount of hot almost naked dudes, I might be able to see that. But it doesn't. The show is equal opportunity in it's objectification. (Is it still objectification if the naked people also have actual characterization?)

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

quote:

I'm sorry to have lost the vampire vote

That part was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Why is it misogynistic again? Is it because she said republicunt?
Pretty much. They're basically saying that anything (they don't like) that a character says is the honest opinion of the writers and is the position that the show is actively pushing (because the enemy are insidious and hide their messages everywhere) and since they're talking primarily to an audience who have never watched the show they can quote anything they like out of context and explain it any way they want. So basically, "the writers just called all female Republican supporters cunts" is the stance they're taking.

• Locked thread