Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

Holy loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:sigh: Sneakers once again ruin a perfectly good costume.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mind the walrus posted:

I see Romeo and Juliet but Twilight?

Twilight is more aimed at how, and I hate to use this loving term, Mary-Sue, all the protagonists start to feel and how the fans themselves really ate that poo poo up. Like I said, I enjoyed it enough, but really the fanfare over it was inexplicable to me.

As penance for starting that derail

The raccoon mask is really freaking me out

Disinterested looking Bat Girl cracks me up

Booblord Zagats has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Jul 22, 2014

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Booblord Zagats posted:

Twilight is more aimed at how, and I hate to use this loving term, Mary-Sue, all the protagonists start to feel and how the fans themselves really ate that poo poo up. Like I said, I enjoyed it enough, but really the fanfare over it was inexplicable to me.

As penance for starting that derail

Haha, I'm friends with both Rocket there (I'm pretty sure anyway, it's a bit tough to tell) and definitely disinterested Bat Girl.

Some friends of mine did costumes from Phantom of the Opera and did a photoshoot this last weekend, fun stuff.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Booblord Zagats posted:

I did a quick GIS and they get even creepier

Here's a better one:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

"OMG I CAN'T EVEN"

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

The internet has ruined me. The first thing I noticed and made fun of was dude's hair condition.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

If you think any of the protagonists of Saga are Mary-Sues you have no idea what the term means, let alone how to apply it correctly.

Also to avoid a derail, here's the winner of the First Official Saga Cosplay Contest (linked for:nws:).

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Alright, someone asked me to post myself, so there it is. My first cosplay ever as Gappy from JoJo:

It's far from perfect (:v:), but at least I got the dorky look right.

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

Jedit posted:

Also to avoid a derail, here's the winner of the First Official Saga Cosplay Contest (linked for:nws:).
Impressive cosplay, but there must be something wrong with me, as the first thing I thought was that dress couldn't possibly hide the bigass spider wagon The Stalk is draggin'

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
This is me dressed as The Will from Saga, posing with a friend's painting at Motor City Comic Con

And a buddy of mine dressed as Marko at last years Gen Con

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
You could do a pretty convincing Cain from Kung Fu.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Colonial Air Force posted:

You could do a pretty convincing Cain from Kung Fu.

Or just go half naked with a belt around your neck.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You could also do a decent Spider Jerusalem.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I've got two friends with dibs on Jerusalem.

What I wanna do is Herr Starr but I haven't happened upon a white suit yet.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Sgt. Politeness posted:

This is me dressed as The Will from Saga, posing with a friend's painting at Motor City Comic Con

You could do a great Stark from Farscape.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

veedubfreak posted:

Or just go half naked with a belt around your neck.

Too soon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sgt. Politeness posted:

And a buddy of mine dressed as Marko at last years Gen Con

By a bizarre coincidence, the Second Saga Cosplay Contest just got announced in the new issue out today. Entries in by August 31st, you're probably not going to win dressing as Marko or Alana unless you actually do have horns or wings.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

(I'm the Repo-Man down in front)

Pictures, you say? I don't usually take a lot of pictures since I am usually in costume myself. Here is my album from JAFAX, only 18 pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/gfIrs

I'll be trying to get to my MetroCon album soon. Again, not a lot of pictures. It's the one downside to being in costume. That and the constant profuse sweating. Deodorant is really my best friend at cons, not the people I buy plane tickets to see!

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004
Goddamn that costume is already basically One-Punch Man. You have a good look, sir.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Luegene Cards posted:

Goddamn that costume is already basically One-Punch Man. You have a good look, sir.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

So there was a big cosplay thing this weekend in the small Chinese city I live in and I went to check it out.

What do Chinese people cosplay as most, you might ask?

Anime?!

Squidgirl

Saint Seiya I think??!

Kiki's Delivery Service

Chinese stuff probably no one outside of China know about?!

A cosplay of an animated spoof of an old Chinese cartoon called Hulu Xiongdi (Gourd Brothers)

A guy from Taiwanese CRPG series The Legend of Sword and Fairy

Nope! None of those things. The real answer is: Western Video Games!!!

Alice from Alice Madness Returns!

Altiar (I think?!) from Assassin's Creed

Protoype?!?!?

Payday

I literally had no idea anyone here had heard of Prototype or Payday.

Bonus Gooncar:

Here's an album with more if anyone is interested in seeing a whole lot of Touhou and LOL as well.

http://imgur.com/a/A9LBY

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Master Ascetic Naaresh, from Hordes/Iron Kingdoms.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Some things I saw at MetroCon 2014.

Album Here: http://imgur.com/a/kxWOK. I wish I took more photos.

I don't think I can properly convey how tall this guy is. He was a part of the Anime Human Chess Battle. He really is monstrous in size.

These two met just before I cam to take a picture. He's so happy :3:

He could walk around in this thing. Not well, but he was mobile.

Friends of mine

I was stuck watching everyones props/bags/etc., so I didn't get very good pictures of their photo shoot. Fun facts: The Seifer is wearing high heels in those boots to add height. The Fujin's (blue w/ silver hair) costume, everything except the boots, actually belongs to the Squall.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Magna Kaser posted:

Altiar (I think?!) from Assassin's Creed

That's actually Ezio Auditore from AC2.
:goonsay:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Repo Man posted:

He could walk around in this thing. Not well, but he was mobile.

Tell me he also had a helmet, because why would you build an awesome chaos costume and ruin it with a boring nerd face?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He could at least have shaved his head and smeared dirt on his face to make it more Chaos. Tattoo makeup optional.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

LoonShia posted:

That's actually Ezio Auditore from AC2.
:goonsay:

I'm not surprised that there's a difference, but I am surprised that you can see it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Altair doesn't have a cape.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Tell me he also had a helmet, because why would you build an awesome chaos costume and ruin it with a boring nerd face?

Chaos needs accountants too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

I'm not surprised that there's a difference, but I am surprised that you can see it.

Actually the gold sphere in his hand is a major plot item from the AC2 games, so it's pretty easy to tell it's Ezio :goonsay:.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cleretic posted:

Because I really like that horrible little series of video games. Even the stupid poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually the gold sphere in his hand is a major plot item from the AC2 games, so it's pretty easy to tell it's Ezio :goonsay:.

Altair holds the Apple too.

2x:goonsay:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Altair holds the Apple too.

2x:goonsay:

Altair's coat is way more like a robe so who cares.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The decoration on the outfit is more Renaissance Italy than Crusades era Middle East.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

He didn't have a helmet at the time, but it's loving Florida so I can understand why. He had just come in from outside. My costumes are bad enough without being that large and cumbersome. Nothing like washing pleather after a long day of walking around in 90 degree weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

The decoration on the outfit is more Renaissance Italy than Crusades era Middle East.

The snazzy belt buckle is what gives it away.

• Locked thread