Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

razorrozar posted:

I legit forget there is a state called Delaware sometimes.

It's the first state bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

made of bees posted:

People live in Delaware?
According to the supreme court, at least :)

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

pangstrom posted:

According to the supreme court, at least :)

d&d zing-er!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

You guys think American exceptionalism is irritating, try on Texan exceptionalism for a second. I don't know if people who live in Delaware are like "Delaware is a unique and the best state ever and should lead the nation in everything because we know how to do stuff right" but that's what it's like in Texas. With Texas not Delaware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQEwJdhfddk

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Barack Obama sniffed more cocaine than Billy Ocean. This is a fact.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

razorrozar posted:

More like Delawho

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

zoux posted:

You guys think American exceptionalism is irritating, try on Texan exceptionalism for a second. I don't know if people who live in Delaware are like "Delaware is a unique and the best state ever and should lead the nation in everything because we know how to do stuff right" but that's what it's like in Texas. With Texas not Delaware.
Yes, they are. I have lived in Delaware for 9 of my 28 years and can answer any of your Delaware-related questions.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cheerfullydrab posted:

Yes, they are. I have lived in Delaware for 9 of my 28 years and can answer any of your Delaware-related questions.

What's it like living in such a forgettable place?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

I really loving hate people from my high school sometimes :shepicide:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I really loving hate people from my high school sometimes :shepicide:

I'd like to think blacks and Latinos would be less focused on loving over a white minority and more on improving the country - white people have a pretty lovely track record on that front - but then I'm not a FYGM-ite projecting my attitude onto others so

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

razorrozar posted:

What's it like living in such a forgettable place?
It's odd. Things that happen here seem to fall into a news void.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

razorrozar posted:

I'd like to think blacks and Latinos would be less focused on loving over a white minority and more on improving the country - white people have a pretty lovely track record on that front - but then I'm not a FYGM-ite projecting my attitude onto others so

The guy who posted this is a rich Vietnamese-American dude who went to Purdue and landed an engineering job and regularly :qq:d about California's attempt to reinstate Affirmative Action.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

Are you a corporation?

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

Ah "guns don't kill people...." hmmm yes I see
Exactly. "What? This concentration camp has plenty of valid uses."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReindeerF posted:

Exactly. "What? This concentration camp has plenty of valid uses."

Please, Powerpoint is far worse than the Holocaust.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Please, Powerpoint is far worse than the Holocaust.

Recurring mild inconvenience to billions of people is not equivalent to the torture, starvation, and slaughter of millions, and I don't care what Eliezer Yudkowsky says!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Morning Absurd. How are you today?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

pangstrom posted:

During Weinergate I said an aside along the lines of "who is dumb enough to think a dick pic is a good idea" and there were some posters who were like "Maybe they don't work for YOU but...". So either they are dumb or the people they "worked" for are dumb. Wait I solved it: they are all dumb.
Some people really like them: http://critiquemydickpic.tumblr.com/ (:nws:, of course.)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

zoux posted:

Are you a corporation?
No, although all Delawareans are assigned a corporate entity, which they feed and water and bring in its mail. It's one of the prices we pay for having no sales tax.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cheerfullydrab posted:

No, although all Delawareans are assigned a corporate entity, which they feed and water and bring in its mail. It's one of the prices we pay for having no sales tax.

What did you name yours?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

razorrozar posted:

old white people think "the minorities" will focus on loving them over because that's what they did when they had the power

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I had a professor who uses powerpoints wonderfully.

I also had professors whose classes I avoided because they'd just put up the entire textbook on slides and read it. For a math class.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

ArmZ posted:

old white people think "the minorities" will focus on loving them over because that's what they did when they had the power
D&D's biggest surprise will come when they find out that the minorities will do exactly that and not as some brilliant and complex implementation of re-distributive justice, but because they're greedy morons just like the rest of us. Human nature is a bitch and doesn't obey dramatic narrative.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

razorrozar posted:

So, you'd say you aren't Del-aware?

:downsrim:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReindeerF posted:

D&D's biggest surprise will come when they find out that the minorities will do exactly that and not as some brilliant and complex implementation of re-distributive justice, but because they're greedy morons just like the rest of us. Human nature is a bitch and doesn't obey dramatic narrative.

yeah, well, good.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

yeah, well, good.
Not so much good as "stop worshiping false gods." It's obnoxious listening to every successive generation of entitled youths describe how the downtrodden will be such altruistic people when they take over. As if there's a long history of that in the world. Thank God the Americans got away from the British so they wouldn't repeat the mistakes of th- oh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It'll never get tested because the only thing that's going to upset white men in power is a catastrophe so bad that we're all living in trash forever.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

It'll never get tested because the only thing that's going to upset white men in power is a catastrophe so bad that we're all living in trash forever.

At this point, that's almost desirable.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

Like much of D&D you may want to visit the many countries where we're an out of power minority. It's eye-opening!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ArmZ posted:

fun fact the dude who i got that facebook post from posted "Dear black people, please don't riot!" after the Trayvon verdict

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ReindeerF posted:

No white person in the us will ever be red-lined because of race

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Being an ultra liberal white man is the best because I get to wring my hands and get outraged at the white male patriarchal power structure and at the same time reap it's benefits :twisted:

I can even try literally as hard as I can all the time to tear it down and it still won't hurt me because it's impossible.

ReindeerF posted:

Like much of D&D you may want to visit the many countries where we're an out of power minority. It's eye-opening!

Erm there aren't really countries that everything they do their number one consideration is "how will this affect our US relations"

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

ArmZ posted:

No white person in the us will ever be red-lined because of race
"in the US"

D&D's entire understanding and experience of the world, basically.

zoux posted:

Being an ultra liberal white man is the best because I get to wring my hands and get outraged at the white male patriarchal power structure and at the same time reap it's benefits :twisted:

I can even try literally as hard as I can all the time to tear it down and it still won't hurt me because it's impossible.
If you'd like, I can have you beaten and shaken down by brown officials from another country as a sort of empathy experience. Please deposit 10% up front.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We are the hegemon.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

I was going to make a post about this but I think all it would say is ":qq: I'm a privileged person, woe is me"

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hey FReindeer, thank you for good posting

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

We are the hegemon.
Like the trading cards?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ReindeerF posted:

"in the US"

the op was about the us

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, ReindeerF, you're almost certainly right, but I'm an incurable idealist who believes in the basic goodness of humanity. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

razorrozar posted:

Morning Absurd. How are you today?

Could be worse. How about you?

• Locked thread