Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hogo Fogo posted:

Humble Square Enix Bundle

$1+
Thief Gold
Daikatana
Mini NInjas
Anachronox
Hitman
Hitman 2

BTA:
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: The Fall
Hitman: ABsolution
Nosgoth Veteran Pack
Battlestations: Midway

$15+_
Deus Ex: HR DC
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light
Deus Ex GOTY
Kane & Lynch 2

Wow. A buck for Anachronox is a loving steal.

THief Gold is just thief 1 GOTY or whatever, right? It's weird Thief 2 isn't there. Those $15 tier games seem...like they shouldn't be the $15 tier games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The keys are separate.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Breadallelogram posted:

As soon as somebody confirms separate keys, I'm probably going in on the $15 tier. Looks pretty great.

BTA gets you seperate keys, dunno about the highest tier.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drifter posted:

Wow. A buck for Anachronox is a loving steal.

THief Gold is just thief 1 GOTY or whatever, right? It's weird Thief 2 isn't there. Those $15 tier games seem...like they shouldn't be the $15 tier games.

Yeah, several of the $15 games have been sub $5 several times, with Kane & Lynch 2 hitting $5 only three months after it came out on Steam!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

The keys are separate.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

BTA gets you seperate keys, dunno about the highest tier.

Thanks, friends! And yes, most of the $15 tier games have been dirt cheap in the past, but all 16 games added up (plus whatever bonuses next week) make this a great deal. I somehow only own JC2 and Thief, so I'm really excited.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That is a ridiculous humble bundle.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Since Thief Gold is on there, what are the chances of one of the extra games being 2? Blood Money's almost definitely gonna be one.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Imagine if they added FF7 as an unlock. That would probably be the fastest selling bundle in the site's history.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Xseed finally gave a release date and price point to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's coming out on the 29th, and will be $19.99 (though it'll be 15% off for the first week). Also they apparently did a number on the game's code so it now supports widescreen resolutions, among a number of other changes.

For those who haven't been keeping up with this, Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG made by Falcom (the Ys guys) that was released way back when, and only just recently got an English release on the PSP. This version is the original PC version, with all the features from the PSP version added in.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
15 dollars for Deus Ex Goty is a brilliant move on their part, as it's probably the best game in the bundle.

Also the only item in that tier besides kane and lynch that I don't have. The bastards.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Steak Justice posted:

Imagine if they added FF7 as an unlock. That would probably be the fastest selling bundle in the site's history.
The Square side of that company would make the price floor $15 with a BTA of $30

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

For anyone curious, I've watched Captain Swing stream a few hours of Vlad the Impaler and it's a pretty cool visual novel kinda thing. You pick one of three classes and travel to Istanbul, where dark poo poo is afoot. The game is broken into 15 days (3 days per "chapter"), and on each day you choose a location in the city to visit. A random event plays out in which you get a binary choice, A or B, and your decision affects your stats and the potential to get other events later on. You have 8 stats to keep track of, and at the end of the game there is an actual battle where your stats determine which of your options are most effective. Seems pretty good for a few playthroughs, and they're still adding stuff to it (it's not Early Access).

The writing and art style are both quite good, and really evoke some gruesome, Lovecraftian tones. It's not going to last you a super long time (I think Swing saw pretty much everything after 4-5 hours), but I'd say it's a worthwhile experience.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so it's like long live the queen but a vampire simulator instead of a princess death simulator?

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Velvet Sundown is a F2P cross between The Ship and Mafia (the party game, not the GTA type game). It's very laggy but the fact that the game speaks out whatever you type is hilarious for the time being.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Lance Streetman posted:

Xseed finally gave a release date and price point to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's coming out on the 29th, and will be $19.99 (though it'll be 15% off for the first week). Also they apparently did a number on the game's code so it now supports widescreen resolutions, among a number of other changes.

For those who haven't been keeping up with this, Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG made by Falcom (the Ys guys) that was released way back when, and only just recently got an English release on the PSP. This version is the original PC version, with all the features from the PSP version added in.

Yay! Though now I have to decide between this and Crypt of the Necrodancer. :ohdear:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Awesome! posted:

so it's like long live the queen but a vampire simulator instead of a princess death simulator?

Your character is like the most capable vampire hunter in the history of the world. Spoiler about character death: I don't think it's possible to die until the final battle, so no matter how bad your choices are you'll be murdering roomfuls of assassins with a brooch pin. Lots of people die around you, a lot of them by your own hand. It's more like a mass murderer simulator.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
I'm just gonna point out that while that bundle has a huge amount of amazing games don't overlook Mini Ninjas, it's a really cool game with a cute artstyle and you should all play it. You can possess animals (including bears)!

v:shobon:v

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zedd posted:

That is a ridiculous humble bundle.

The EA and THQ bundles make like $4-5 million, so despite the internet rage over "These aren't indies!" people still jump at the chance to buy the 2-3 year old games and the publishers get a massive single payout. We might see more like this when a company is nearing the end of its fiscal quarter/year, needs an influx of cash, and knows from past experience digital sales and bundles will generate a minimum six figures.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Well the THQ bundle was specifically to try and help a failing company and EA donated 100% of the proceeds from its bundle so...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It seems like Steam is having more and more unmentioned deals now, Walking Dead S2 is 33% off this week because of the new episode, and Frozenbyte is having a sale: Trine for $3, Trine 2 for $4.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

It seems like Steam is having more and more unmentioned deals now, Walking Dead S2 is 33% off this week because of the new episode, and Frozenbyte is having a sale: Trine for $3, Trine 2 for $4.

I've noticed this for the last few months. I think indie developers are getting more aggressive with their pricing. It is a REALLY GOOD IDEA to put everything you have any interest in getting on your wishlist now, either to check once in awhile or get the sale email from. You might not notice a sale on the more obscure stuff otherwise.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

pentyne posted:

The EA and THQ bundles make like $4-5 million, so despite the internet rage over "These aren't indies!" people still jump at the chance to buy the 2-3 year old games and the publishers get a massive single payout. We might see more like this when a company is nearing the end of its fiscal quarter/year, needs an influx of cash, and knows from past experience digital sales and bundles will generate a minimum six figures.
I never said it was a bad bundle, It's a ridiculous bundle because it's so good. :confused:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Lance Streetman posted:

I'm glad TitS is finally coming to Steam.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

will changing my steam email lock me out of the market for a month?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lance Streetman posted:

This is the one that Carpe Fulgur is working on the 2nd one right?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
People probably already know this and I'm just slow as hell, but looks like Saint's Row 4 finally has its Game of the Century edition up.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Yeah. Carpe Fulgar is helping Xseed translate Trails in the Sky: SC, because these games have a ton of loving dialogue. Every single NPC has a unique line or conversation, and these change every single time a story beat happens. This is also the primary reason these games took so long to get localized, as no company really wants to go through the trouble of translating all that poo poo for a fairly niche RPG.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I bet Arche fucks like a tiger!

:greenangel:

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

All regions use the same appID, so it's the same wherever you get it.

So you'll be able to play it fine.

This isn't true

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Merry Christmas. - A choo-choo train?

No, it's 5Ibs of veal.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Steam - Overall Enhancement UE

Does a couple things that Enhanced Steam doesn't, like bypass age checks, and lets you easily check the restrictions on the appid by clicking the number. You bring up that window by clicking on the price.

I just wanted to point out that Enhanced Steam does both bypass age check (auto pre-fill date and enter) + region/country prices:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it doesn't give you the subID list which was what I was looking for though. Maybe they will add it in at some point. I don't really feel like having 2 separate make steam not lovely plugins.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Dear TellTale Games,

Your games are exceptional and deserve every bit of praise heaped upon them. Your client and network for downloading them however might need some work. Please rectify this as I would very much like to connect to your servers, download the latest episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 and play it immediately.

Yours Sincerely,
Powerbeard.

P.S. Please make another Puzzle Agent or Hector game.

I'm going to be staring at my laptop waiting for this thing to connect.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PowerBeard posted:

Dear TellTale Games,

Your games are exceptional and deserve every bit of praise heaped upon them. Your client and network for downloading them however might need some work. Please rectify this as I would very much like to connect to your servers, download the latest episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 and play it immediately.

Yours Sincerely,
Powerbeard.

P.S. Please make another Puzzle Agent or Hector game.

I'm going to be staring at my laptop waiting for this thing to connect.

Their personal download network is honestly terrifying with how bad it is.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Anyone have any recommendations for a good game that can be played in offline mode, preferrably with a ton of replay value? Going to be without internet for a while very soon and I need to prepare my free time now, If I can.

Any fun FPSes, strategy, or whatever games welcome.

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

Gimperial posted:

This isn't true

That's true for the collectors edition, normal one is fine.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Gimperial posted:

This isn't true

You're probably just seeing that because the CE is region locked and is displayed on the same page. The single copy version of it isn't region locked at all.

e: Unbearable:argh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good game that can be played in offline mode, preferrably with a ton of replay value? Going to be without internet for a while very soon and I need to prepare my free time now, If I can.

Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis IV will eat up your time.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

computer parts posted:

Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis IV will eat up your time.

But I can't play them on hardcore mode which is all I play on :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Buy some stuff from Good Old Games, most of that shouldn't require you to dick around with off/online status.

• Locked thread