Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Seshoho Cian posted:

In the latest Super Best Friendcast(2:14:20), Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground. Please bring this up the next time you talk to him, Slowbeef.

There any way to skip ahead in that podcast without downloading it? More like super best inconvenience!!!

edit: Oh you have to increase the text size, etc. of the browser. WEIRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug
Well, that didn't work either so unlike what Mr. DJB told me on Skype, I'm going to assume what was said about SA was totally serious and disparaging, so my best recourse is to play Alien Soldier and curse Woolie the whole time for not doing that Alien Soldier race he said he would because he's "so busy."

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

RSCNyx posted:

I think stating that only lights people on fire, not so much SA.

To be fair, though, I think Pat wants to light a lot of things on fire. I guess it's part of his fiery personality.
He's just taking internet flaming to the next level.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 22, 2014

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Quote is not edit. Sorry.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

slowbeef posted:

Well, that didn't work either so unlike what Mr. DJB told me on Skype, I'm going to assume what was said about SA was totally serious and disparaging, so my best recourse is to play Alien Soldier and curse Woolie the whole time for not doing that Alien Soldier race he said he would because he's "so busy."

Yeah, totally too busy.

As he starts doing an LP of Dark Souls 2 with Pat, which isn't a short game, by any means.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

slowbeef posted:

There any way to skip ahead in that podcast without downloading it? More like super best inconvenience!!!

edit: Oh you have to increase the text size, etc. of the browser. WEIRD

You can just click ahead on the streaming player. You'll need to wait a bit for it to load afterwards, but it works fine.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

slowbeef posted:

I say you win by forfeit, myself.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

You can just click ahead on the streaming player. You'll need to wait a bit for it to load afterwards, but it works fine.

Their website is pretty new and it seems to have some issues at the moment because the seek bar doesn't appear for me with out increasing the text size of the page, which is a solution that didn't work for Slowbeef for some reason.

Either way, you can also skip through the podcast with the left and right arrow keys which can get you pretty close to that part of the podcast.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Seshoho Cian posted:

Their website is pretty new and it seems to have some issues at the moment because the seek bar doesn't appear for me with out increasing the text size of the page, which is a solution that didn't work for Slowbeef for some reason.

It kinda worked - seeking ahead of cache was what messed up for me, but I've had that issue with YouTube too, so maybe it's a Chrome thing, or the version I have. I'll try left and right.

ApeHawk posted:

I say you win by forfeit, myself.

Not good enough! Actually, I'd love to have Woolie back on the podcast at some point. I've had good experiences with all our guests, but he really stood out. Mike/Ray from Rooster Teeth too, actually.

Also I got to talk with Mike Jones a bit at RTX in the ultra exclusive VIP lounge (i.e. curtained off part of expo hall with a bar). He was telling stories about insane fans. One woman showed up at a couple of RTX conventions, asked questions, etc. She proceeded to find out where Mike lived (an apartment complex), rent a loving place there then casually pretend she didn't know him in order to foster this fake organic friendship until one of the RTX admin type of people recognized her. Then she apologized profusely. He has to do that "haha no it's cool!" thing since she's now gone from fan to neighbor, I guess.

Another time, he and his wife were staying in Sydney and forgot to tell the hotel front desk to keep their room private, which is a thing I guess. One of their fans did some stalking, found the hotel and had his mother take him to the hotel, call up their room, and ask him to come down and say hi. Said fan was 20.

Someone once posted in here that they wanted to be rich and famous on YouTube. If that person's around, mind if I ask: you sure?

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 22, 2014

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Also I got to talk with Mike Jones a bit

Who?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Michael Jones from Rooster Teeth. I figured the proceeding sentence explained it but I guess not. I need to learn to communicate more effectively!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Davy Jones' of the Monkees less talented brother who got really into Let's Plays a few years back

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Mike Jones

Who?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

slowbeef posted:

Someone once posted in here that they wanted to be rich and famous on YouTube. If that person's around, mind if I ask: you sure?

Well, I do now.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

It's you. You are Mike Jones.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

slowbeef posted:

It's you. You are Mike Jones.

Please don't doxx Judge Reinhold, he's tried very hard to keep his identity a secret.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

is that Mike the Michael that does the annoying Rage Quite videos?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Mike Jones.

Who?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

is that Mike the Michael that does the annoying Rage Quite videos?

That's the one.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

The main character of StarTropics.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's just 'The Mike Jones'.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

slowbeef posted:

That's all pretty hosed up! I know I'm happy enough just doing Let's Plays with all of you loveable weirdoes (self included).

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Blind Sally posted:

That's all pretty hosed up! I know I'm happy enough just doing Let's Plays with all of you loveable weirdoes (self included).

Even then: someone managed to get Chip Cheezum's phone number once and call his house.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slowbeef posted:

Yes :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

slowbeef posted:

Even then: someone managed to get Chip Cheezum's phone number once and call his house.

I don't even know how you would get enough evidence from his videos and Twitter and such to find out his real name, let alone his phone number. Unless his name really is "Chip Cheezum" and that's what he puts for everything.

I hope that's not true

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I expect to one day be killed by a fan who, like Mark David Chapman, wishes to absorb the fame of having extreme low-end YouTube popularity.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

You're not doing a great job! (I know it's not you.) edit: Oh wait, maybe it is. You're not doing a great job!

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 22, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

slowbeef posted:

Not good enough! Actually, I'd love to have Woolie back on the podcast at some point. I've had good experiences with all our guests, but he really stood out.

That was a really good episode. You guys had really good chemistry.

:pervert:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

slowbeef posted:

and curse Woolie the whole time for not doing that Alien Soldier race he said he would

Says the guy who never did that Contra 3 race. We believed in you, Slow. I tried finding your phone number to call your house specifically, but nothing was in the phone book for "Beef" that wasn't commercial. You should make sure to update that information, it's important people can contact you.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

slowbeef posted:

Not good enough! Actually, I'd love to have Woolie back on the podcast at some point. I've had good experiences with all our guests, but he really stood out. Mike/Ray from Rooster Teeth too, actually.

Y'all should definitely try to get Michael and Ray again for a part 2, the episode you did with them is one of my favorite podcast episodes in anything.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

kidcoelacanth posted:

Y'all should definitely try to get Michael and Ray again for a part 2, the episode you did with them is one of my favorite podcast episodes in anything.

Completely agree with all of the above. You should also try to get Geoff/Gavin at some point too. They'd probably have some great stories as well.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The ones with woolie and pat were pretty good too

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Where's a good place to start with super best friends?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Where's a good place to start with super best friends?

RE2, Revengence, Indigo Prophecy, Deadly Premonition, IHNMAIMS. All good starts imo.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I really liked their RE4 one that they just finished recently, and I've enjoyed the Shitstorm Of Scariness videos as well. Neither of those have Woolie or Liam though so you may be looking for something else.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I usually have a good time picking a video of a game I know/like/has a reputation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Highwang posted:

RE2, Revengence, Indigo Prophecy, Deadly Premonition, IHNMAIMS. All good starts imo.

MGR is pretty much the place to start. They don't have any problem mocking how silly Metal Gear is, but they also clearly loving love both Rising specifically, and the franchise as a whole. And while it's a blind run, they're fine with replaying levels off camera in order to practice, so it's not hours of DSP-esque bumbling, they're actually fairly good at the game by the end.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

Liar Lyre posted:

I usually have a good time picking a video of a game I know/like/has a reputation.

I wish I had the same fortune.

I mean, it's not even really like I'm trying when I type in, "Let's Play (insert game here)" on YouTube to find these things. They just happen to be 90% of what's on there. And trust me when I say they're not fond of criticism.

I looked up another LP, and it's a guy who made it to Lost Bastille in Dark Souls 2, and he still didn't know he could lock on. I mentioned this to him, and he...responded with this, via YouTube PM:

YouTube is still a pretty crazy place.

As for TBFP: I...have trouble thinking of some I didn't like. Man Vs. Wild was pretty hilarious to me, and Indigo Prophecy was amazing. They also have a ton of one-offs with Machinima, but the midroll ad thing hasn't been resolved yet, as far as I know.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

RSCNyx posted:

I looked up another LP, and it's a guy who made it to Lost Bastille in Dark Souls 2, and he still didn't know he could lock on. I mentioned this to him, and he...responded with this, via YouTube PM:

I can almost see the man twirl his mustache, adjust his top-hat, monocle and pocket watch while drinking a fine wine.

You should've sent him a photo of the manual/game that explicitely mentions locking-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RSCNyx posted:

YouTube PM:

SO TELL ME DARTHNYX, HAVE YOU LET THE DARKNESS TAKE YOU? Guess I can expect some Force lightning or some poo poo in our next LoS update then yes?

• Locked thread