Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Really great. I'd say if you can increase the size of the logos at the beginning it would look a little more legit, they're too small. This plays like a teaser but the length is 2:23. Usually teasers are on and a half to two minutes. With a trailer you usually have a button after title or sometimes before so if this was real we'd trim to two minutes. The cue and sound in general is pretty fantastic. Did you do your own VO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiimo posted:

Really great. I'd say if you can increase the size of the logos at the beginning it would look a little more legit, they're too small. This plays like a teaser but the length is 2:23. Usually teasers are on and a half to two minutes. With a trailer you usually have a button after title or sometimes before so if this was real we'd trim to two minutes. The cue and sound in general is pretty fantastic. Did you do your own VO?

:kimchi: Thanks for the feedback! The studio logos came out smaller than I wanted them to, but out of necessity. Reason being is the Dune Entertainment logo I had to photoshop was a lot lower resolution than the WB and DC logos; if I sized it up to match, it'd come out blurry/pixelated in comparison to the others when played in full screen. I probably could have found a better version if I looked, but I was eager to put this thing together at quickly as possible, heh. I wanted to make sure everything was, at the very least, as consistent in quality as possible. As for the voice over (I'm assuming that's what VO means :shobon:), that's actually Ben Affleck dialogue I pulled from Daredevil.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ah. Haha. I didn't see that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Trailer for the trail movie based on the trail book by Cheryl Strayed about hiking on a trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3NrjXyk2fM

I really liked the book myself and this looks pretty faithful.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Deakul posted:

Trailer for the trail movie based on the trail book by Cheryl Strayed about hiking on a trail.

I'ma smoke up for this so I can see the trail blazed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
EDIT: Yeah, watched it again. It's totally fake. Nevermind, folks. Nothing to see here.

Legendary isn't even producing the movie, and that Batsuit looks nothing like the Affleck Batsuit.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 12, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Batman v Superman: Sorry we made a movie about Superman. Here's Batman to make up for it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ugh, Sex Tape must be like, revolutionary terrible considering the TV spots. Not even Friedberg and Seltzer advertised like this. It's bad enough when a movie commercial isn't actually a short trailer, those "authentic audience leaving the movie" bits were always super lame to me but this is another level. Making some like, corny cheap office skit advertising the movie, it feels like a random energy drink commercial or something.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Well that movie is half an ad for Apple anyway.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I love how the tone shifts so drastically with this trailer edit of Saving Private Ryan. It looks so fun :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfeZxrN_db4

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
"The Imitation Game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg85ggZSHMw

"The Imitation Game is a nail-biting race against time following Alan Turing (pioneer of modern-day computing and credited with cracking the German Enigma code) and his brilliant team at Britain's top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British establishment, but his work and legacy live on."

-- As someone who admired the work Alan Turing did and the importance of his machines, and the indigity he suffered after the war, I'm so glad this is being made. The script has been around for awhile and finally got picked up. Looks fantastic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matthew Goode is looking a little Michael Sheen-y in that.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

"Predestination" based on the Heinlein short story "All You Zombies".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOpfpYijHA

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

twoot posted:

"Predestination" based on the Heinlein short story "All You Zombies".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOpfpYijHA

For the longest time, I couldn't tell whether that was Ethan Hawke or Josh Brolin. I'm not sure how I feel about them turning a weird short story into what seems like Looper. Or really, any other plot of changing the present/future by changing the past.

Edit: Here is the story.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 22, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For those who haven't read the short story, it is really bizarre and I'm actually surprised they seem to be keeping the main element from it.

Namely that multiple characters in that trailer are the same person.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nybble posted:

"The Imitation Game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg85ggZSHMw

"The Imitation Game is a nail-biting race against time following Alan Turing (pioneer of modern-day computing and credited with cracking the German Enigma code) and his brilliant team at Britain's top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British establishment, but his work and legacy live on."

-- As someone who admired the work Alan Turing did and the importance of his machines, and the indigity he suffered after the war, I'm so glad this is being made. The script has been around for awhile and finally got picked up. Looks fantastic.

Oh hey, it's almost a Cryptonomicon movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like Cumberbatch as Sherlock but for some reason I find him absolutely insufferable when he's playing real people.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I thought he was really awesome in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but he hasn't been remotely as good in anything else I've seen.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cumberbatch is one of the few actors I went from liking to disliking as I found out more about his personal opinions. Normally I can ignore that poo poo pretty well.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ooh what are his personal opinions? The only one I know of that's terrible is that he actually thought audiences were shocked that he turned out to be Khan in Into Darkness, which is so delusional on so many levels.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh hey, it's almost a Cryptonomicon movie.

Probably not the only one, but this is actually how I first heard about Turing. I was obsessed with code-breaking in middle school and Cryptonomicon almost taught me more about that time than other sources.

Probably as close as we would get to a Neal Stephenson book being turned into a movie, although I feel like Snow Crash might be doable and marketable. Or the trilogy as a series.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nybble posted:

Probably as close as we would get to a Neal Stephenson book being turned into a movie, although I feel like Snow Crash might be doable and marketable. Or the trilogy as a series.

I know Snow Crash has been kicked around for a while. I think at the moment it's in development, but it could have slid back into hell just as easily. Diamond Age was in development as a SciFiSyFy series but I haven't heard anything about that in a while so I assume that died as well.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Ooh what are his personal opinions? The only one I know of that's terrible is that he actually thought audiences were shocked that he turned out to be Khan in Into Darkness, which is so delusional on so many levels.

I'm also curious what personal opinions led to the Cumberbatch hate. I mean, the Khan thing is cringe-worthy but most of what I've found from a quick google search doesn't seem to point to anything particularly egregious.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

I like Cumberbatch as Sherlock but for some reason I find him absolutely insufferable when he's playing real people.

I couldn't agree more. See: August Osage County.

Well, I mean that's just a figure of speech. Don't see it.

Oh and personally I don't know how you make Cryptonomicon into a movie that's remotely enjoyable.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It would have to be a TV series on Syfy with "Numb3rs" diagrams for all of the little digressions that Stephenson loves so much. Turning 900 pages into a movie? No, never. Also, get rid of the sex scenes and gratuitous stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I'm also curious what personal opinions led to the Cumberbatch hate. I mean, the Khan thing is cringe-worthy but most of what I've found from a quick google search doesn't seem to point to anything particularly egregious.

From what I vaguely remember hearing, he has upper class British opinions on stuff like class status and wealth.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Cumberbatch's parents wanted him to change his name when he went into acting. Not because it was silly, but because the Cumberbatch family were major slave traders 200 years ago and they were worried someone would sue for damages.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Corek posted:

Cumberbatch's parents wanted him to change his name when he went into acting. Not because it was silly, but because the Cumberbatch family were major slave traders 200 years ago and they were worried someone would sue for damages.

Wonder how they feel about 12 years a slave.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

muscles like this? posted:

From what I vaguely remember hearing, he has upper class British opinions on stuff like class status and wealth.

The most egregious thing I'm aware of is his complaint that British people weren't deferential enough to him and had made fun of him for being posh. He stated he was moving to America because Americans [apparently] know how to treat their betters.

Which, while not nearly as bad as what other actors have said and done, does make it quite hard to like him.

ReV VAdAUL fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 22, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Americans like anyone with a British accent.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
If we're going to make accusations about what people believe can we at least quote them? loving hell.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Is it just me or does every line spoken in the trailer sound like it was pieced together from different bits of dialogue ? Or are they just cutting out pauses between words to save a little time for the trailer ?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hey everyone, guess what time it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwJhmqLU0so

I'm looking forward to this like crazy, although I look forward to people on black and white extremes of the spectrum wholly missing how far this trailer alone has gone out of its way to comment on double consciousness and race more. Pretty much no one is going to come out of this film satisfied.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 23, 2014

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
This is amazing. I was already interested but this is now on my must see list!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That trailer does a better job of selling the movie and makes it look a lot less one sided.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did you seriously think an arthouse movie centered around "gently caress whitey" would get funding and distribution and an audience if it didn't have at least some balance? I mean the arthouse crowd is nominally progressive but come the gently caress on.

The best unspoken issue in the trailer--hopefully it will be addressed in the movie--is the issue of class and race. All the cast in the trailer, regardless of race, are firmly in the middle-to-upper class per the university setting and facing issues of race that seem to exclusively favor the middle and upper classes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I hope more films are made out of twitter hashtags.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Mr. Squishy posted:

I hope more films are made out of twitter hashtags.

#NotAllMen will be an Adam Sandler movie and it will be awful. But I repeat myself.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Here's the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4nJX8snP4s

Looks boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

GonSmithe posted:

Here's the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4nJX8snP4s

Looks boring as gently caress.

No one said "inner goddess" in this trailer, unfortunately

• Locked thread