Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Velstadt the sneaky motherfucker scared me on the bridge with the two lance guards... drat it feels good to be exploring a new area again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
gently caress people who say the final boss is "just" an easier reskin of Kalameet, that fucker never gave me anywhere near as much trouble. I'm certainly having a lot more fun.

Kiran
Jul 4, 2013

"We heard that you thought Nashandra was too easy, WE FIXED THAT DONT WORRY. Do you guys like bullet hell? :wiggle:"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Love the DLC so far, still need to find the optional challenge portion. All the enemy placements are fantastic, and I love how with a number of them they've basically taken lovely ones from before and made them good. The dinosaur things are dragon butts but actually fun and tough to fight, Elana is Nashadra 2.0 (or given the lore, 0.5?) and Sinh is Kalameet but actually difficult. Such a good DLC.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Making a new character and building around using the Murakumo from like level 20 sounds like a fun idea, shame I've already played the poo poo out of this weapon. Oh well, the new one looks really cool anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

gently caress people who say the final boss is "just" an easier reskin of Kalameet, that fucker never gave me anywhere near as much trouble. I'm certainly having a lot more fun.

He was a lot easier for me, it's just annoying when he decides that no, you are not allowed to attack him and just flies around for ten minutes shooting toxic fireballs at you. Like, I actually died to Kalameet. The only time I died to Sinh was when he landed on me while I was sunbroing (that was hilarious and infuriating at the same time).

Anyone else having the chest in Majula not resetting? I have four characters, two of them didn't get the Murakamo and two did. The two that didn't were older and opened that chest for a few of the other rewards, so maybe that's it?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

He was a lot easier for me, it's just annoying when he decides that no, you are not allowed to attack him and just flies around for ten minutes shooting toxic fireballs at you. Like, I actually died to Kalameet. The only time I died to Sinh was when he landed on me while I was sunbroing (that was hilarious and infuriating at the same time).

Anyone else having the chest in Majula not resetting? I have four characters, two of them didn't get the Murakamo and two did. The two that didn't were older and opened that chest for a few of the other rewards, so maybe that's it?

Warp to Things Betwixt then back.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I haven't played in a few weeks, went to try the DLC and my save is corrupt :-/
Does anyone have anything in NG+ (or higher) with most shrines unlocked so I can warp to Gulch and get started?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Warp to Things Betwixt then back.

Ah, cool thanks.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I could have sworn I saw some crystals near the two rooms with wheel doors. Anyone know what they're holding?

EDIT: Let's try not bolding the spoiler...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

People actually thought kalameet was hard?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

He was if you went for the tail.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Uh some bullshit about the final dlc boss: Wears your weapons down really quickly. Was using a mace and it broke after a few swings. What the gently caress?

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Do y'all think it's worth making a new character for the DLC or should I just roll in there with my SL 250 NG++ main?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

Uh some bullshit about the final dlc boss: Wears your weapons down really quickly. Was using a mace and it broke after a few swings. What the gently caress?

Yeah, I'm having that issue. Everything I try just breaks in a hilariously small number of attacks, what the gently caress.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Barfing Cumlord posted:

Yeah, I'm having that issue. Everything I try just breaks in a hilariously small number of attacks, what the gently caress.

Oh, so other people are experiencing this too?
I tried using the boss soul weapon I got from the previous boss, and it I thought it was just because of the weapon type but it literally broke before I could get the boss under 90% HP.

Also, I had a great fight the boss now until it suddenly started doing pirouettes over and over like a friggin ballerina. I counted on it being only able to do it 2 times like it had the 20+ times before but nope :(

(This entire DLC is amazing)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bobnumerotres posted:

Kalameet was one of the hardest fights in the entire game, unless you overleveled it, or were late to the party and got your strategy from a guide.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

After you beat the DLC, do check out Vendrick's clothes at undead crypt. There's hints at a reward for getting all three crowns.

enojy posted:

Kalameet was one of the hardest fights in the entire game, unless you overleveled it, or were late to the party and got your strategy from a guide.
Uh no. The final DLC boss is way harder. Kalameet had, what, 3 attacks? And they all had enormous tells? It was an endurance match because he had so much drat HP and getting his tail was a pain but otherwise it was a total joke.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Anyone have any idea what the Weird bugeyed tree thing by the second bonfire in the first area is?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
And suddenly I'm glad Weiss started out as a Mirror Knight build and therefor picked up a shitload of repair powder's (and has a +5 Thorned Greatsword for a backup weapon.)

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
Are there any decent youtube channels focused on DS2 pvp or just DS2 in general? Most of the videos I've found are from March or April and don't factor in any patches into them.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

My roaring halberd broke in two attacks so I had to do most of the fight powerstancing espada roperas. :v:

Gentlemen Bones
Jul 22, 2014

I HAVE FEELINGS! I CARE! IM SO CONFUUUUSED!

nohopeindope posted:

Are there any decent youtube channels focused on DS2 pvp or just DS2 in general? Most of the videos I've found are from March or April and don't factor in any patches into them.

You're better off on Twitch I think, might be easier to find more current PVP videos (some recorded), or streams at least.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

After you beat the DLC, do check out Vendrick's clothes at undead crypt. There's hints at a reward for getting all three crowns.

Uh no. The final DLC boss is way harder. Kalameet had, what, 3 attacks? And they all had enormous tells? It was an endurance match because he had so much drat HP and getting his tail was a pain but otherwise it was a total joke.

Kalameet had more than three attacks, dunno where you get that from. Difficulty is subjective, but for me the DLC final boss was a complete chump. It's honestly pretty hard to die during that fight, but it's pretty annoying when he takes to the air and refuses to land for more than two seconds. They're both fun boss fights.

I also never had my weapon come anywhere near breaking, but I also was wearing a Bracing Knuckle Ring. :v: I don't trust twinblades to not snap in half without one.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Kalameet had more than three attacks, dunno where you get that from. Difficulty is subjective, but for me the DLC final boss was a complete chump. It's honestly pretty hard to die during that fight, but it's pretty annoying when he takes to the air and refuses to land for more than two seconds. They're both fun boss fights.

I also never had my weapon come anywhere near breaking, but I also was wearing a Bracing Knuckle Ring. :v: I don't trust twinblades to not snap in half without one.

Speaking of subjective, I have no idea how anyone could say this :psyduck:
I'm sure there's a trick to it, but I've yet to beat the boss because the fight can go well for the first 4-5 minutes and then I get killed in two attacks.
It's still an awesome fight and I've figured out how to dodge most of the attacks but some of them are really difficult to determine where will hit.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How long is the murakamo?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Don't over commit to attacking him and it's basically impossible for him to hit you. Cutting his tail off also makes it really hard for him to hit you from behind, which is where you want to be. He has poo poo health and goes down fast, assuming he deems you worthy of attacking him in the first place. Even if you have toxic proc on you it's easy to beat it with chugging estus. Thank god it doesn't work like it did in the last couple games.

You could also summon two NPC phantoms, but I dunno how much they'd be worth you dealing less damage.

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?

Gentlemen Bones posted:

You're better off on Twitch I think, might be easier to find more current PVP videos (some recorded), or streams at least.

I really don't know much about Twitch. Never used it before. I'll take a look though thanks.

EDIT: This twitch thing makes no sense to me. It's all just streams with people talking poo poo. What the hell is this? Are there pre-recorded things with commentary and stuff?

nohopeindope fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 22, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Don't over commit to attacking him and it's basically impossible for him to hit you. Cutting his tail off also makes it really hard for him to hit you from behind, which is where you want to be. He has poo poo health and goes down fast, assuming he deems you worthy of attacking him in the first place. Even if you have toxic proc on you it's easy to beat it with chugging estus. Thank god it doesn't work like it did in the last couple games.

You could also summon two NPC phantoms, but I dunno how much they'd be worth you dealing less damage.

I actually found that cutting off his tail made it HARDER :downs: That was the easiest place to hit him without getting hit, especially in his "shoot fire straight down" attack. I'm really curious what weapon you're using though, because "poo poo health" is definitely not what I'm experiencing. I'm chipping away about as much as I did on Vendrick with one Giant Soul missing (%-wise, not necessarily actual numbers), and the fight is much harder. Not to mention he never tends to stay on the ground for more than 1 or 2 swings!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So aside from spoilers( I ldon't need em) can people use tags for at least a week? I wanna know how people that play a lot of online think of the DLC so far?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

If you fight him with others, his HP skyrockets. Don't bring the NPC white phantoms, they really don't help and his healthbar goes bananas.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I actually found that cutting off his tail made it HARDER :downs: That was the easiest place to hit him without getting hit, especially in his "shoot fire straight down" attack. I'm really curious what weapon you're using though, because "poo poo health" is definitely not what I'm experiencing. I'm chipping away about as much as I did on Vendrick with one Giant Soul missing (%-wise, not necessarily actual numbers), and the fight is much harder. Not to mention he never tends to stay on the ground for more than 1 or 2 swings!

+10 Lightning Red Iron Twinblade with Sunlight Blade was what I used. Not that the enchant actually did me any good since he played keep away until it ran out, but I did get to use it on some sunbro fights. Even with three people it deals good damage every hit. What were you using?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I think that's intentional. The weapon you get from that boss soul (I think), Yorgh's Spear, has an innate bracing knuckle ring effect. The whole thing with the boss and area is everything is poisonous and corrosive.

nohopeindope posted:

MrIwont4get does weapon showcases fairly frequently which are pretty good. If you want long talky videos check out Praise the Sun.

Bob NewSCART posted:

So aside from spoilers( I ldon't need em) can people use tags for at least a week?

No

quote:

I wanna know how people that play a lot of online think of the DLC so far?

You're hosed as an invader. You cannot operate the mechanisms making it very easy to make it impossible to get to the host.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

+10 Lightning Red Iron Twinblade with Sunlight Blade was what I used. Not that the enchant actually did me any good since he played keep away until it ran out, but I did get to use it on some sunbro fights. Even with three people it deals good damage every hit. What were you using?

I've had the most luck with Drakekeeper Sword (+10), though the DLC magic/lightning Greatsword (+5) did a bit more damage. Perhaps I should try a lightning infused weapon. I did try the boss soul weapon from the previous boss, with the idea that since shields are completely useless in the fight I would try a huge twohander but that just broke immediately :(
I do have a +10 Gyrm Great Hammer, but it's really hard to hit with it I find.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I had to format my stupid hard drive this morning, and as such I lost my saves. Can a helpful goon provide me with a good save ready to tackle the dlc? I'm hoping someone has a high level save but hasn't don it yet. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I've had the most luck with Drakekeeper Sword (+10), though the DLC magic/lightning Greatsword (+5) did a bit more damage. Perhaps I should try a lightning infused weapon. I did try the boss soul weapon from the previous boss, with the idea that since shields are completely useless in the fight I would try a huge twohander but that just broke immediately :(
I do have a +10 Gyrm Great Hammer, but it's really hard to hit with it I find.

I don't think it's particularly weak to lightning damage. I threw a couple GLS at it while it was out of range but it didn't seem to do much, definitely less than I was doing per swing. Try a Bracing Knuckle Ring, I always keep it on because twinblades are made of tissue paper and never even came close to at risk during the fight. Even while sunbroing with people that sat back and let me and an NPC phantom do all the work.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

enojy posted:

I don't know if it's dick-measuring or weird build stuff or just people being criminally retarded but for some reason there's a contingent of people who don't think the DkS1 DLC bosses are harder than basically anything in the base game?

IDK either man.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I think the other DKS1 DLC bosses were pretty rough. Artorias was essentially Gwyn on crack with more health, and Manus was equally aggressive with a few spells thrown in (that were hard to avoid and hit like a truck).

Kalameet was just really predictable, even though he hit hard all of his attacks were slow and gave you plenty of time to get out of the way.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hipster Occultist posted:

I had to format my stupid hard drive this morning, and as such I lost my saves. Can a helpful goon provide me with a good save ready to tackle the dlc? I'm hoping someone has a high level save but hasn't don it yet. :ohdear:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the saves are tied to your steam account so using a file someone sent you will just result in "Save corrupted" :(
You could use Cheat Engine to build yourself a new character though, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Your Computer posted:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the saves are tied to your steam account so using a file someone sent you will just result in "Save corrupted" :(
You could use Cheat Engine to build yourself a new character though, I guess.

Ah man, that really sucks. :(

It's an excuse to try something new I guess, although I'm not sure how I feel about a 4th trek through the gutters!