Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CapnBry posted:

08/19/2007 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory $2.99

Ok, they also need to have NPH back again too.

CapnBry posted:

Sounds like I need to queue up Netflix and order in a well done new york strip. Also the four things I just bought from the sale, I should get a bottle of scotch too once I kick my girlfriend out of her apartment so I can stay there.

No, no, you're not doing it right! And I actually have TWO REASONS!! why that is:

1) It needs to be lovely scotch.
2) You need to kick her out of her apartment so that another woman can stay there!

Dude, this isn't rocket science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The cinematography in the first fourth of Last Slumber Party is god awful. It looks like a short from the 70's with the lighting.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
08/09/2006, The Fifth Element!

I completely thought that it would fizzle out after a few solo Mike tracks. It's amazing how big its gotten. I never would have imagined them live-streaming in a theatre when it got announced way back then.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

May 23, 8:30 pm on the Retrospect Records stage.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The fact that the anniversary of my wedding and the start of RiffTrax share July 20th makes it easier to remember my wedding anniversary.

RiffTrax helps keep my marriage strong.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Watch The Last Slumber Party, and you'll get it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

He really didn't make it up!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also, who the gently caress is that supposed to be in the middle window?

Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Also, that's not the guy from Harlem

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Also, that's not the guy from Harlem

True. But that's definitely David McCloud! I should probably call him...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would "Zero Hour", the drama film that inspired/was turned into Airplane, be good riffing material?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The Last Slumber Party is one of the best riffs over one of the worst movies ever. It is transcendent and rewatchable because the riffs make you laugh and miss some of the incredible stupidity of the movie and the movie is so stupid that at times I was so baffled that I couldn't even pay attention to the riffs.

This is the movie that Tommy Wiseau could watch and say "Oh hi, my movie is so much better than this, haha!" and it wouldn't be ironic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The guy who plays the slasher is loving amazing. He seems to be the only person who knows what kind of movie he's in.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Evil Mastermind posted:

The guy who plays the slasher is loving amazing. He seems to be the only person who knows what kind of movie he's in.

He's the director!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

He's the director!

AMAZING.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not convinced that the whole "it was a dream, oh wait the maniac is still on the loose" ending wasn't added by someone else later on to try to explain away the fact that nothing in the previous hour of the film made sense.

If I had the time I would track down the director and force him, using violence if necessary, to explain why on God's green Earth there was a running subplot about moving telephones into that one bathroom. Like even if the whole "it was a dream" thing was intentional from the beginning, why the toilet phones? Why? WHY WHY WHY!?!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm not convinced that the whole "it was a dream, oh wait the maniac is still on the loose" ending wasn't added by someone else later on to try to explain away the fact that nothing in the previous hour of the film made sense.

If I had the time I would track down the director and force him, using violence if necessary, to explain why on God's green Earth there was a running subplot about moving telephones into that one bathroom. Like even if the whole "it was a dream" thing was intentional from the beginning, why the toilet phones? Why? WHY WHY WHY!?!

Apparently the director would prefer not to be recognised for this piece of work.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That would explain some of the madness. Before the dream reveal, we're supposed to believe that the killer is stabbed through the heart and "dies", is seen moving bodies around the next morning, trails the surgeon back to the hospital, kills surgeon in broad daylight in a hospital elevator then somehow transports the doctors body back to his house to toss him into the pool. How a lobotomy patient can pull all that off defies all logic and they must have realized that at some point.

But leaps of logic aside, why did they change protagonists halfway through the film?!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Last Slumber Party summary:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
So wait, part of her dream involved her having a dream at one point? I-inception..?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I thought the whole thing with the phones was leading to the Prozac-dosed dad being the murderer, having him call the house from an "outside" line that was inside the house.

The Piper posted:

That would explain some of the madness. Before the dream reveal, we're supposed to believe that the killer is stabbed through the heart and "dies", is seen moving bodies around the next morning, trails the surgeon back to the hospital, kills surgeon in broad daylight in a hospital elevator then somehow transports the doctors body back to his house to toss him into the pool. How a lobotomy patient can pull all that off defies all logic and they must have realized that at some point.
Don't forget that the girl has a dream sequence during her dream sequence.

The whole thing feels like it was all filmed in order, and that at no point did anyone stop to go back to look at previous scenes and ask if any of this stuff made sense based on previous scenes.

quote:

But leaps of logic aside, why did they change protagonists halfway through the film?!
Change protagonists? They change antagonists during the film! Twice! Lobotomy guy starts killing, then Science shows up out of nowhere and gets a kill, then Lobotomy guy kills Science!

I need to remember to make some gifs of this movie when I get home. So many great moments with that guy.

(also that's zooming in way too fast for this movie. Any pans in need to be at least five minutes long)

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Man, Last Slumber Party is a new RiffTrax classic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nipplebox posted:

Man, Last Slumber Party is a new RiffTrax classic.

It's definitely their best work since at least The Apple.

tickle monster
Aug 20, 2006
is in your closet
This thread is terrible. I have a free Riff download coming to me from the Kickstarter, but you keep convincing me to spend more money. Ugh.

Downloading Last Slumber Party now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Slashers like Slumber Party are just there for cheap boob shots, sex and some violence right? Movie seemed to fail horrendously at that. It ripped off Halloween but then avoided doing the Psycho shower cliche :psyduck: and the sexiest thing was when the dude got beer on his shirt, angrily threw away the beer can, and got naked for a bit. It felt at times the director knew exactly what he was doing but then... I just don't know! When science turned up as a killer I was making GBS threads myself with laughter, that was brilliant, but the dream stuff felt like they'd ran in to a corner and realized their dumb movie made zero sense so just fluffed around for the last 30 minutes.

I do like how the lobotomy patient is the Doctors evil nemesis and somehow knows his family's home address.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 22, 2014

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I love that one character, Scott, who was apperantly waiting around outside for at least 4 hours on the off chance that one of the girls would wander outside at 3 in the morning so he could sneak in.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

hemale in pain posted:

When science turned up as a killer

Bury me with my Neil Degrasse Tyson posters!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was frustrated with the movie until figuring that this was the killers post-lobotomy fantasy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hemale in pain posted:

When science turned up as a killer I was making GBS threads myself with laughter, that was brilliant

I was seriously not expecting that, and it made me wish it was in a better slasher movie. It's rare to have the red herring actually be the killer, but I've never seen the red herring be a killer totally unrelated to the main one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

I was seriously not expecting that, and it made me wish it was in a better slasher movie. It's rare to have the red herring actually be the killer, but I've never seen the red herring be a killer totally unrelated to the main one.

Not to mention being revealed and resolved in about two minutes all told.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
So, Zindy.

:stare:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mister Kingdom posted:

So long, Zindy.

:stare:

Fixed that up

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Fixed that up

It was so boring and then that ending happened.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I bought my ticket for the first show of Anaconda today. I'm glad to have it early, but I'm worried I'm going to lose it now lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rifftrax needs to do this:

http://io9.com/1997-explains-how-to-cybersex-in-glorious-nsfw-instr-1613953635

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Live version of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians now available.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

New VOD!

http://www.rifftrax.com/video/beast-yellow-night

quote:

Beast of the Yellow Night! No, it’s not a cleverly-named Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segment, it’s a movie! A movie about a man named Langdon and his deal with the devil. Langdon’s deal doesn’t involve a fiddle made of gold, it’s more about turning into a monster with a face straight out of the mask section at Spencer’s Gifts. Also the devil is not so much the traditional “pitchfork and horns” type, he’s more of a fat ghost with a bad hairline who travels with his own fog machine. And the fog machine seems to break down a lot. But hey, are you a fan of “yellow nights”??? Because the movie doesn’t actually have any of those.

As far as we can tell, Langdon is some kind of undead murder spirit, sent by the fat devil ghost to do evil stuff at different points in history. Like Quantum Leap, but with slightly more cannibalism. This incarnation finds him in a beautiful home, with a beautiful wife, but rather than asking himself “how did I get here?” or just enjoying this luxurious life, he gets mad and ruins it all. If none of this is making sense, keep in mind the filmmakers didn’t even bother to specify a setting for their movie more clearly than “A Country in Southeast Asia.”

Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill in going completely mad trying to figure out what exactly is supposed to be happening in Beast of the Yellow Night!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Awesome.

And, I think that's the main guy from MST3K's Attack of the the Eye Creatures

I love all of the 6 degrees of separation.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite is the Santa vs. the Martians live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh hey, an Eddie Romero movie. Cool.

• Locked thread