Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Possibly one of the best cat names I've ever heard, and I can't even explain why. :kimchi:

might be wrong posted:

This is one of my favorite videos of all time. A guy does a stupid dance with people around the world and it's :3: as gently caress. The world is really great sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY
Oh man oh man this is the best thing. Don't matter none where you're from, doing a goofy dance with a stranger is fun.

I actually went to his website and filled the sign-up form because why the hell not. I even checked the "I volunteer to help organise things" box. You never know. :)

And in a kinda-sorta tangentially similar vein, this reminded me of this music video from one of my favourite bands. It's crowdsourced, they basically just went "Hey guys, film yourselves being awesome and send us the footage, and we'll cobble together a music video". And so they did. It's mostly just people dancing, singing, goofing off, playing instruments or air guitar. It's just so fun and :3: as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CsM96SEtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Dove from Above posted:

Ducklings in dresses made from cupcake papers.

:stare: Yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You should have followed chickam and the chicken thread in PI.

Inveigle posted:

From Facebook and Reddit: Ballet skirts and an Elizabethan collar. :D

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Happy April Fool's Day!

'Really? This is what you people do for entertainment? HUMANS SUCK.'

'Do you feel stupid? I feel stupid.'

NotASandwich steadfastly refused to turn around for the camera.

Naughty chick upskirt pics!

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I do follow the chicken thread but I missed chickam.

So cute, thanks for reposting!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCJtKbCZe_0

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A lapybara?

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
I found this guy while i was out hiking to photograph a waterfall this weekend, I was upset that I didn't have a quarter for him to ride on because he was adorable. A biologist friend of mine later told me that he is called a toadlet :3:

Tiny Toad by t.humeston, on Flickr

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

armadorable

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Now adorable AND heroic!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ah, so that's where :radcat: comes from.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can anyone post those e/n comics made by Mjaulm, the one with bad cat rescue squad and thw one where that goon gets his kid taken away by CPS but fixes his life after? And "raw meat is the tits" bears for good measure.

edit: that's where radcat comes from

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'll just leave this here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwu4dkAC3zo

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

This reminds me of something I once read to the effect of: If someone tries to accuse or lay blame on you, disarm the situation by responding, "Нет, я кошка" (Nyet, ya koshka - No, I'm a cat).

It also works as an all-purpose excuse for cat activities (cat-tivities?). "Kitty what are you doing are you insane?" "Нет, я кошка!"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Segmentation Fox posted:

This reminds me of something I once read to the effect of: If someone tries to accuse or lay blame on you, disarm the situation by responding, "Нет, я кошка" (Nyet, ya koshka - No, I'm a cat).

It also works as an all-purpose excuse for cat activities (cat-tivities?). "Kitty what are you doing are you insane?" "Нет, я кошка!"

Stealing this!

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
that gif is cool and all but here's the full vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRbakPKgU5Y

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Segmentation Fox posted:

This is absolutely fantastic and I will try to make as many people aware of it as I can.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Halogen_Dusk posted:

Here's a picture of Cleo, you'd think by looking at her that butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. But behind that cute facade is a merciless hunter. There's nothing she'd rather be doing than roaming around outside and in the bushland, finding new things to get into and generally terrorizing the neighborhood flora and fauna. When it's time to bring her in at night, I'll go outside and give her a call, and then I see this little black and white thing running / galloping towards me, and she's really pleased to see me.

So she gets inside and the very 1st thing she does is go straight into the kitchen, to see what culinary delight awaits her majesty. I kid you not, she has a bowl of Kit-e-Kat milk, a bowl of water, a bowl of dried treat biscuits called "Dreamies" and I'll have you know she has ALL the flavours, and a fresh bowl of wet food - Sheba (the most expensive) to be precise, and for afters she also has these "meaty stick" things that smell to high heaven AND some other really expensive treat biscuits - again all the flavours. Goddam cat has her own shelf cupboard full of this stuff LOL. She's seen the buffet smorgasboard and the reaction is like "I'm not eating that *&^%", hmmm we're off to a great start.

She's now back in the loungeroom and she's "hopping sideways", springing like a small dwarf gazelle towards me, and running around like a mad thing. Oh, that's right it's playtime. So, as I'm getting her toys out of her basket and placing them all on the rug, she thinks, "nows a good time to scratch the couch to sharpen my claws, yes I know my scratchy post is less than two feet away, but I can't be arsed to go over there". I say to her "Oi, scratchy post", and off she runs again. So we play with the stick that has some string on it and we zoom it around the room for a bit and then she stops on the rug. If you try and touch any of her toys, BAM, out come the paws, "mine, mine, mine". Let's be clear, these are her toys. I go into the kitchen to help with dinner and NOW she decides to pick at her food.

While the wife dishes up OUR dinner, she begins "talking" to us, yes I know your thinking I've lost my marbles, but she communicates in her own way with little sounds like "meh". I stupidly ask her how her day was and if she made any new friends, just as you would with a normal person, and she responds in her own unique way ( she can really get quite animated). Dinner is served and we're at the table, and guess who's there, on the table, thinking to herself where's MY food. I've then got to go back into the kitchen and grate some cheddar cheese for her, put it on a small plate and bring it back to the table. NOW she's happy and now we can ALL eat.

Dinner is finished, dishes are done and now it's time for dessert. The wife will get her Greek Yoghurt (yuk) and I'll get a small pot of RiceCream (soft rice in custard) and I try and hide it until the wife and I are on the couch. So here we are, sitting comfortably, watching TV, and I get my RiceCream and begin to tear the lid off, and guess who appears, yep you guessed it. So now it's the two of us, sharing the same spoon, a spoon for her and if I'm lucky a spoon for me. She's not really chewing, it's more like inhaling, and there's bits of rice being flicked by her tongue all over me, excellent, I wont be wearing these trousers tomorrow.

She's now had enough and she's back on the rug, and now the cleaning starts. Legs in the air, tongue between the toes, cats are great at yoga. After 30 minutes she's now ready to go back outside. I'm thinking WTF !!! You've just cleaned yourself, but then she starts talking, and I talk back, but the message is clear, she wants to go out.

The wife has since gone to bed, I finish watching TV, turn the lights out, and open the front door, and NOW she's ready to come in. I get cleaned up, I'm in the bathroom, oh thats right, I've got to turn the tap on, because you know who wants a drink. Taps on, water temperature just right, yep, up she comes.... two minutes later "I" get to use it and I can brush my teeth. Okey dokey, time for bed, as I'm walking in she jumps up onto the side table and waits for me. I get into bed, once I'm settled, she jumps up as well and nestle's in between my arm and my chest with her front paws and head on my heart. She's looking at me with those big eye's and it's special time. I give her head and face a scratch, and then I get a little kiss. I'm almost asleep....and the cleaning starts... again

It's 6:00am (what, already !!!), and I can hear scratching, sorry, clawing on the wife's side of the bed. I sleep REALLY soundly, so trying to wake me 1st thing in the morning isn't going to work. However, Cleo doesn't seem to mind doing this about five inches away from the wife and saying "meh", "meh", "MEH" until my wife (bless her) gets up and let's her out. It's the start of another glorious day in cat heaven.

Would I change any of it ? Not a chance. Having her in our life enriches it in so many ways. We don't have children, yet, but having Cleo is really like having another member of the family. Yeah, sure, I don't scratch the couch, I don't play with my food (as often as I'd like), jumping around the living room - at my age !!!, and screaming "MEH" at the top of my lungs at 6am directly in my sleeping wife's face - I don't think her sense of humour would stretch that far. Without her, life just wouldn't be the same.

As long as Cleo's happy, and as long as the wife is happy...then I'm happy.

That is the secret of life :-)

Re-reading through the cat megathread in YCS and every time I read this post I get all :kimchi:

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
If you like kittens and fosters and feeling generally good you should know about the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee.

http://www.theittybittykittycommittee.com

They are just wrapping up their annual fundraiser for the Tacoma Humane Society and for the second year in a row have made over $100K from followers on the site - all of it going to cats, kittens and the foster program.

I'm happy to say that my monsters are from their foster program and Sheldon and Pearla are awesome sauce cats. Mostly.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Recently the rabbits living under our deck have been breeding:

Either that or they're pygmy rabbits or something; they seem to have stayed this size for a few weeks.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Meaty Ore posted:

Either that or they're pygmy rabbits or something; they seem to have stayed this size for a few weeks.

:neckbeard: Bunnies! :neckbeard:

Give them a month, they'll be full sized.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp03AorAWLY

Dog is so excited to see someone who has been away for two years that she literally faints with joy.

:kimchi:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Pookah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp03AorAWLY

Dog is so excited to see someone who has been away for two years that she literally faints with joy.

:kimchi:

Oh my god the noises! That dog is so gad drat happy! :kimchi:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like always never look at the comments. :smith:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Alteisen posted:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/herp-derp-for-youtube/ioomnmgjblnnolpdgdhebainmfbipjoh

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Alteisen posted:

You know you can just not scroll down to them, right

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alteisen posted:

At least 50% of each animal video's comments must always be about how the owner is committing unspeakable acts of torture and/or neglect on the animal.

Here's a poodle helping its owner play guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPyg5spopE

FYI, the dog is clearly in immense distress and should immediately be removed from its Hitler-fellating jailor.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

davidspackage posted:

At least 50% of each animal video's comments must always be about how the owner is committing unspeakable acts of torture and/or neglect on the animal.

Every capybara video from a Japanese zoo has someone screeching about how emaciated they look when in fact the issue might be that the Japanese zoos feed them too much because people like watching them eat things. But they're supposed to be fat animals anyway because fat is buoyant and it helps them float (healthy capys are neutral buoyant and can hide in the water with their head poking up like a hippo without expending any effort).

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Meaty Ore posted:

Recently the rabbits living under our deck have been breeding:

We have a rabbit or multiple rabbits hiding around our house. Whenever we do yard work or I'm coming back from a walk I always see one go into hiding. There are also a bunch of rabbits, birds, and groundhogs along a paved river path, I haven't been able to get close to them before they scamper off but they're all adorable. Except some geese, I'm terrified of those huge fuckers.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

Every capybara video from a Japanese zoo has someone screeching about how emaciated they look when in fact the issue might be that the Japanese zoos feed them too much because people like watching them eat things. But they're supposed to be fat animals anyway because fat is buoyant and it helps them float (healthy capys are neutral buoyant and can hide in the water with their head poking up like a hippo without expending any effort).

They have a point. All but one of those capybaras are loving tiny.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Persistence.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Am I crazy or does that baby have earings? :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lu2vnMPqLw

Watching this man rediscover his lost passion brought a tear to my eye. Bit of a long video at about 40 minutes, so if you don't fancy watching the whole thing then go from here to about the 25 minute mark for the setup. Then here to whenever.

You go Chef Brian. You loving go. :3:

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Some cultures get them really early. I got mine at 2 weeks old, which is fortunate because I'm very afraid of needles and would never get them now.

This thread is my favorite thread, thanks for all the amazing pictures and videos!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Yup. That's what basically all the comments are about D:

I think the puppy's trying to get its lunch, personally :D

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU