Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Ladies and gentlemen, we have pool.

She is going to run directly into that pool. Always look where you're going, kid!

don Jaime posted:

and Geech namedrops Elvis for no particular reason.

Everyone in Geech looks like a half-filled sack of gelatin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World is still last Friday's. I guess Paige took the week off, or something.

Non Sequitur

Pretty dumb, Wiley.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

Man, I'm striking out today. Kliban is Monday's.

But, we do have 9 Chickweed Lane 7/23/2003

Ok, Brooke, this is kind of neat.

Zits

Eh, ok.

Kevin & Kell

Christ. :stare: I mean, seriously, what the gently caress.

:v:

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Palpek posted:

Super Fuzz

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't been following Mary Worth. Is this girl getting molested by the doctor?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary is happening between this girl and the doctor, but she can see fairies and angels and has a spider sense about bad things happening and he's setting it off something fierce.

I WISH I WAS JOKING

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The angels also told her to stay away from water, so she is definitely going to drown in that pool back there. Get Naked Comix.

Pooch Café

The smartest characters in the strip, immediately abandoning Poncho.

Ballard Street

Can't fault his enthusiasm. I jump up on the furniture and take my shirt off when Treehouse Masters comes on too.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I haven't been following Mary Worth. Is this girl getting molested by the doctor?

Her cyst (secretly a budding alien intelligence) is attempting to subtly prevent her from allowing its removal from her body. If it can pupate for another week, it will be strong enough to control her parents' minds, and then it will have nothing stopping it from reaching full maturity. Nothing but Mary Worth, that is!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 4, 1927)

Of course the fish is dead. SKIPPY KILLED HIM YESTERDAY!

Peanuts (July 26, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

And yeah, that's Tony.

Popeye

Rip Haywire takes on a NO GURLZ ALLOWD policy.

Out Our Way (May 6-7, 1925)

At 22, Billy Evans ("the boy umpire") was the youngest umpire in major league history, and the youngest World Series umpire at 25. This kid, on the other hand, will be lucky to make it to 12.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 23, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Way to undermine her epic journey. Nothing better than learning all your efforts were a waste of time and that your "friend" was holding the Grail-comic up their sleeve the whole time. I'd be pretty annoyed. I hope someone finds it before she does and grabs it up.

Monty

Mike du Jour

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

don Jaime posted:

Let me know if and when you want Pickles back.

Pickles is one of my favorite strips. I'd love to keep seeing it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary is happening between this girl and the doctor, but she can see fairies and angels and has a spider sense about bad things happening and he's setting it off something fierce.

I WISH I WAS JOKING

However he did have a moustache in his first appearance but it disappeared from the next strip onward.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears likes nice round numbers.

The Dinette Set understands good taste.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ham Shears likes nice round numbers.

$100,000? Ham Shears, you need to jump straight on top of that, these people are drastically undervaluing their property. You'll be able to flip it for market value no problem.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Man, even Heidelbergensis and Homo Erectus looked too human for her. I had to go full Chimpanzee for the joke.

Suddenly the timeframe all makes sense! This isn't set in the twenties, but the far future...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
The art in Prince Valiant continues to be utterly spectacular.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Way to undermine her epic journey. Nothing better than learning all your efforts were a waste of time and that your "friend" was holding the Grail-comic up their sleeve the whole time. I'd be pretty annoyed. I hope someone finds it before she does and grabs it up.

This was my first thought too. I'm hoping it's just a way for him to buy it for her without having to argue with her about taking his money or whatever.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

"Be quiet or I'll loving kill you. Now, let me tell you how in love with you I am!" :pseudo:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

Fun fact: Uncle Max disappeared from C&H when Bill Watterson figured out how awkward it was to have a recurring character who can't refer to his brother or sister-in-law by name.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
RIP Uncle Max.

RIP cyst girl probably. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIw0ewEsNHs

Cow and Boy

Does hot tar really have a smell? I guess it does. Never really thought about it.

Sherman's Lagoon

Fun fact - Jeff Buckley really liked Kiss as a kid, so the circle is complete.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Dammit Genetically Modified Soy-Based Beverage Distribution Man Dan. :mad: (I just like that name)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

This is hilarious.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Fun fact: Uncle Max disappeared from C&H when Bill Watterson figured out how awkward it was to have a recurring character who can't refer to his brother or sister-in-law by name.

I always wondered why Watterson didn't just give them names. It seems odd given that Calvin's dad has a very specific job - he's a patent attorney, and that only comes up in one strip so it's not like the names would have to be a recurring thing either. I guess he wanted them to just be "Mom" and "Dad" because the whole strip is basically Calvin's point of view?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Third Murderer posted:

I always wondered why Watterson didn't just give them names. It seems odd given that Calvin's dad has a very specific job - he's a patent attorney, and that only comes up in one strip so it's not like the names would have to be a recurring thing either. I guess he wanted them to just be "Mom" and "Dad" because the whole strip is basically Calvin's point of view?

Basically, that. The characters in the strip only have aspects as they relate to Calvin.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Third Murderer posted:

Yeah, that. Also, Calvin's dad is a patent attorney because Watterson's dad was, I think :3:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This, but often they keep them under the couch, not on a shelf.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Funky Tony

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

You light up my life. :h:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Oh, Brother

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

You just alerted Dr. Octopus with WHAT

Posting Fingerpori and Fok_It tomorrow because I don't want to bother to right now

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

I.... quite like this version.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Meh.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

Okay, there's 'absentminded professor cliche' and there's 'serious mental degradation.' I'm calling it now, after they save Ambrose's bacon and get him to agree to come back in, it turns out he's too far gone to be much use and they leave him to quietly live out what's left of his life in peace.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pogo, in which Mam'zelle makes her move...for the high country. (July 23-25, 1956)

To bridge another Droodle gap, more Bonus Peanuts! (July 23-25, 1956)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

Basically, that. The characters in the strip only have aspects as they relate to Calvin.

dismas posted:

Yeah, that. Also, Calvin's dad is a patent attorney because Watterson's dad was, I think :3:

Makes sense, I guess. Also I just remembered that Watterson said in the Tenth Anniversary Book that the main reason Uncle Max never appeared again is that he didn't actually bring out anything new in Calvin's character. Every interaction Calvin has with him could be done with one of the other adult characters, so he was extraneous.

Also, speaking of Calvin,

Yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Yes! Yes! Oldschool Peanuts with the occasional serif lettering! (Snoopy's typewriter doesn't count.)

• Locked thread