Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Erin really needs to stay calm. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jeff is a future goon

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
These kids all traded their ADD medications before the show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Haha Erin is on loving crack or something.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
"Eiffe Tower"

I have to assume he suffered a pen malfunction.

Poor kids are so nervous up there. Josiah got some really ugly hate on Twitter yesterday - hope they're not namesearching.

Anyone remember a previous instance where they had to put a disclaimer up like on the Sebelius clue?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

loving hell all these kids are on crack.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
That girls story about nerdfighting or whatever was so embarrassing

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's a popular thing with Internet Teens these days.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It feels to me like Alex can barely keep up with these kids.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I audibly booed them all for missing Mu Alpha Theta. Shameful nerds!

e: lol they're all too young to know Roots? I watched the tv version in eighth grade history

uublog fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 23, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Erin keeps having this nervous tick with her hair and its loving weirding me out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jeff looks like the heir apparent to Leonard.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
It kind of really bothered me how much those kids avoided the $400 clues in Double Jeopardy!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yeah that was loving brutal

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

zakharov posted:

"Eiffe Tower"

I have to assume he suffered a pen malfunction.

Kid had a lisp so maybe he just translates it over to never writing Ls too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

zakharov posted:

Anyone remember a previous instance where they had to put a disclaimer up like on the Sebelius clue?

I can't stand the Teen Tournament, so I haven't been watching. What was the clue and disclaimer?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Colonial Air Force posted:

I can't stand the Teen Tournament, so I haven't been watching. What was the clue and disclaimer?

The category was "My Current Government Job" and they were asking about Kathleen Sebelius. She'd resigned since the episode was taped. They put up a graphic saying "Recorded in March 2014."

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

zakharov posted:

The category was "My Current Government Job" and they were asking about Kathleen Sebelius. She'd resigned since the episode was taped. They put up a graphic saying "Recorded in March 2014."

They're breaking Jeopady-Kayfabe.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

zakharov posted:

I remember they had to put one up on a answer about King Hussein of Jordan right after he died.

uublog posted:

e: lol they're all too young to know Roots? I watched the TV version in eighth grade history

Considering Roots aired at least 20 years after they were born, It's not surprising at all. I've never seen it either though I have the book.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are we sure Eileen didn't accidentally miss the Kids Tournament and end up in here by mistake?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I missed a Teen Tournament Final Jeopardy question :(

William got sassy with Alex and therefore rules.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The girl in first position looks like the other kids' middleaged mom but sounds like an eight year old

The eight year old in the middle with the pigtails has a voice like a middleaged mom

It's freakin me out man

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wonder if they would have accepted "Who is Gurm?"

Edit: wow, did Eileen just fall into a coma early on in the game?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 24, 2014

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I didn't know you could be a hipster at that age. Or maybe Cincinnati's just a strange place? Either way Eileen was weirding me out and her "I will burn this place to the ground" smile at the end there didn't help.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

"...and you were powerless as well."

Way to rub it in, Trebek.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Kevin gave a couple really bad answers. I'm pretty sure he completely guessed on the White House's address number.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I think "metal heads" should have counted.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Dr Zaius posted:

I think skinheads should have counted! :v:

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Dr Zaius posted:

Yeah, I expected them to throw him the points after the commercial. I have a lot of friends into metal and that's usually what I hear. I think?

But :lol: at "skinheads"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I love Trebek pointing out to the whole country how short that one kid is for no reason

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

uublog posted:

I think skinheads should have counted! :v:

What was the question?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I love Trebek pointing out to the whole country how short that one kid is for no reason

Jerk_Trebek.txt

When he came out into the center of the stage after they were both announced as semi-finalists, I was totally amazed that he was really that short.

That was the best game of the tournament so far by a wide margin. Glad to see they're all advancing. I wonder who got screwed by that, though.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What was the question?

It was something along the lines of "someone who like metal music is known as this." one kid tried metalheads, then another tried skinheads. It was a category where each correct response had "head" in it. (I'd be more precise but last night's J-archive page is very incomplete.)

uublog fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 26, 2014

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
That final jeopardy was incredibly easy. And yeah, I don't know if I could have resisted commenting on how short that kid was either so I can't blame Alex here.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

They all get to advance! Yay! 3 great players there - glad to see that Sydney could figure out the buzzer and rack up some points.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Have there been any other tournaments where all three contestants in one episode did well enough to advance into the next round? They all did well, so it was good to see them all make enough to get high earner spots.

A few days late, but I agree with the metalhead thing. They should have given him the money before FJ.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I don't know but there was that one episode last year where all three contestants did so badly that none of them advanced to the next round. :laugh:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I can't take anymore of Jeff, Jesus Christ

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Oh boy, more Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

William had one awkwardly boring story.

And I literally couldn't understand a single word that Jeff said during his.