Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Nerd HQ Sched

Thursday July 24th

9:00 AM – Zachary Levi
12:00 PM – Into the Storm (Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep, Kyle Davis, Steven Quale)
1:30 PM – Craig Ferguson & Josh Robert Thompson

Friday July 25th

11:00 AM – Stoopid Buddy Stoodios (Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner, Tom Root)
12:00 PM – Garfunkel & Oats (Riki Lindhome, Kate Micucci)
1:15 PM – Let’s Be Cops (Damon Wayans Jr, Nina Dobrev, Rob Riggle, Keegan-Michael Key)
4:00 PM – Evangeline Lilly

Saturday July 26th

10:00 AM – The Walking Dead (Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Danai Gurira, Lauren Cohan)
12:00 PM – The Intruders (John Simm, Mira Sorvino, Glen Morgan)
3:00 PM – Resurrection (Omar Epps, Frances Fisher, Kurtwood Smith, Devin Kelley, Aaron Zelman, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas)

Sunday July 27th

12:00 PM – The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Ben Blacker, Ben Acker, Marc Evan Jackson, Hal Lublin, Mark Gagliardi, Craig Cackowski, Janet Varney, Molly Quinn, Paul Sabourin, Storm DiCostanza)
1:15 PM – Joss Whedon

Tickets are supposed to go on sale on Sunday at noon, but that could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Tran posted:

Nerd HQ Sched

Thursday July 24th

9:00 AM – Zachary Levi
12:00 PM – Into the Storm (Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep, Kyle Davis, Steven Quale)
1:30 PM – Craig Ferguson & Josh Robert Thompson

Friday July 25th

11:00 AM – Stoopid Buddy Stoodios (Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner, Tom Root)
12:00 PM – Garfunkel & Oats (Riki Lindhome, Kate Micucci)
1:15 PM – Let’s Be Cops (Damon Wayans Jr, Nina Dobrev, Rob Riggle, Keegan-Michael Key)
4:00 PM – Evangeline Lilly

Saturday July 26th

10:00 AM – The Walking Dead (Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Danai Gurira, Lauren Cohan)
12:00 PM – The Intruders (John Simm, Mira Sorvino, Glen Morgan)
3:00 PM – Resurrection (Omar Epps, Frances Fisher, Kurtwood Smith, Devin Kelley, Aaron Zelman, Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas)

Sunday July 27th

12:00 PM – The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Ben Blacker, Ben Acker, Marc Evan Jackson, Hal Lublin, Mark Gagliardi, Craig Cackowski, Janet Varney, Molly Quinn, Paul Sabourin, Storm DiCostanza)
1:15 PM – Joss Whedon

Tickets are supposed to go on sale on Sunday at noon, but that could be wrong.

Man, I want to go to the Let's Be Cops panel here, but that would mean no Archer/Bob's Burgers I imagine.

Ah well, I'll settle for Craig Ferguson/Josh Robert Thompson.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

This is probably not the full schedule as they've already said Jared Padalecki would be returning this year and there's no conversation scheduled with him.

But there's a lot of good stuff there anyway now.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've heard Nathan Fillion will be there too. My guess is Sunday so he can hang out with the Thrilling Adventure Hour crowd and with Joss.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I want that Gotham one.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I've heard Nathan Fillion will be there too. My guess is Sunday so he can hang out with the Thrilling Adventure Hour crowd and with Joss.

Given Molly will be there... probably.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Updated Nerd HQ schedule and purchase info. Every ticket is $22.

Zachary Levi
July 24, 9am
Onsale July 19, 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785471

Into the Storm (Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep, Kyle Davis, Steven Quale)
July 24, 12PM
Onsale July 19, 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785458 *
Includes a ticket to a preview screening on Wednesday July 23 at the Reading Cinemas, 701 5th Ave at 10PM

Craig Ferguson & Josh Robert Thompson
July 24, 1:45 PM
Onsale July 19 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/786010

The Last Ship: Adam Baldwin, Travis Van Winkle and Steven Kane
July 24, 5:45PM
Onsale July 19 12:30PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/787439

Stoopid Buddy Studios
Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner, Tom Root
July 25, 11AM
Onsale July 20, 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785621

Garfunkel & Oates
July 25, 12PM
Onsale July 19, 12:30PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785809

Let's Be Cops: Damon Wayans Jr, Nina Dobrev, Rob Riggle and Keegan-Michael Key
July 25, 1:15PM
Onsale July 20, 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785788

Evangeline Lilly
July 25, 4PM PT
Onsale July 20, 12PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785825

The Thrilling Adventure Hour: Ben Blacker, Ben Acker, Marc Evan Jackson, Hal Lublin, Mark Gagliardi, Craig Cackowski, Janet Varney, Molly Quinn, Paul Sabourin, and Storm DiCostanza
July 27 12PM
Onsale July 19, 12:30PM PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/785542

--
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-...-july-25-or-26/

"What tastes better than brains? Barbecue, of course! But to force one to choose between the two would be downright inhumane so AMC is throwing The Walking Dead‘s BBQ: Those Who Arrive, Imbibe event during next week’s San Diego Comic-Con. Attendees who wish to chow down simply have to tweet to eat. Entering is easy:

1. Find the Terminus map

Tweet a selfie in front of the Terminus map using the hashtag #TweetToEat
Maps located at: The Walking Dead booth #4237 or outside of the terrace entrance at Hilton Gaslamp Hotel

2. Pick up a wristband

The first 200 people to show up at the pick-up location below on Friday, July 25 or Saturday, July 26 with their posted selfie will each receive one (1) wristband to attend The Walking Dead BBQ.
Wristband pick-up location: Terminus map located outside of the terrace entrance at the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel
To attend Friday night’s The Walking Dead BBQ, pick up on Friday, 7/25 from 9am-11am
To attend Saturday night’s BBQ, pick up on Saturday, 7/26 from 9am-11am

*Supplies are limited (200 wristbands per day). Must be 21 and over. Proof of posted selfie is required for wristband pick-up. Wristband is for the sole recipient only on the specific date. Wristband holders can only attend 1 event during the 2-day promotion."

--

I'm on the road for the weekend, please post any news I can't catch up on.

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 19, 2014

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hey I don't know if this is cool to do here or not but if anyone going to SDCC could pick me up a copy of Giant Size Kung Fu Bible Stories from the Image booth I'd gladly pay double the price for it. I want that comic so goddamn bad.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Aw man, the Craig Ferguson panel went on sale today, and I missed getting tickets. Balls.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Hey I don't know if this is cool to do here or not but if anyone going to SDCC could pick me up a copy of Giant Size Kung Fu Bible Stories from the Image booth I'd gladly pay double the price for it. I want that comic so goddamn bad.

PM me your phone number, if you can text - I wouldn't mind picking this up for you but I'd want to make 100% when I'm there that you're still up for it.

It's too bad none of the exclusives I've seen so far are very exciting to me. I like cool art stuff like that rad Steamboat Mickey I bought a year or two ago.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bobula posted:

It's too bad none of the exclusives I've seen so far are very exciting to me. I like cool art stuff like that rad Steamboat Mickey I bought a year or two ago.

Same here, but I guess it's better for my wallet anyway. Plus I can just buy stuff to eBay it later.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Guys... it's almost time! :neckbeard:

We'll be taking the train from Burbank down in the morning if anyone else is going that route. Like, 9am or something? Seat snaggings?

Would love to say hello to a few goons. If all else fails, I'll be walking around as Constantine on Saturday with bleached hair and whatnot. Really hoping to make the most out of this year, and the more the merrier when it comes to SDCC festivities (like there's ever a slow event anyway). We missed out of all the Nerd HQ panels due to botters and all, so most of our panels and highlights are pretty open to random happenings if you hear of something pretty cool going on.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Does anybody have preview night?
If so, could you stop by the Cartoon Network booth and get me the freebie?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Dr Tran posted:

Does anybody have preview night?
If so, could you stop by the Cartoon Network booth and get me the freebie?

Depends how the Ballroom 20 line, but I'll try, dude. May want to have another goon backup just in case. Which freebie is it?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Axel Serenity posted:

Depends how the Ballroom 20 line, but I'll try, dude. May want to have another goon backup just in case. Which freebie is it?

CN usually has a different freebie per day. Just walk through their booth to get one.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I'll certainly try. I'll be in that area during preview night and will probably want one for myself so if I end up with extra, no skin off my rear end as I have people at home that would like it too.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
This will be my first year that I've managed to get a ticket to the preview night. Any tips about stuff I shouldn't miss? All I really had on the docket was pick up shirt pre-orders and try to grab a Snoopy pin for my mom. I'll add hitting up the CN booth to that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Preview night is probably the best time to either a) setup commissions with artists if you're into that or b) get exclusives. Beyond that, it's pretty much a meh day because the only panels are the pilot previews and some booths aren't even fully setup.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
As an Erik Larsen fan who also is not attending SDCC, I would love it if someone would be willing to pick up a Giant Size Kung Fu Bible Stories for me. I don't have platinum, so can't PM, but if anyone can do it, e-mail me at my username @hotmail.com.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaargh dude I was supposed to room with is flaking on me. Thanks, guy. Now I get to find accommodations for four people day before the con.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I have preview night; I'll check the thread tomorrow if I ever decide to leave the beach and head to the actual con.

bobula posted:

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaargh dude I was supposed to room with is flaking on me. Thanks, guy. Now I get to find accommodations for four people day before the con.

You can try asking around on friends of cc. I have no idea if this room is still open:

http://friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=3614.0

Darko fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 22, 2014

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Darko posted:

I have preview night; I'll check the thread tomorrow if I ever decide to leave the beach and head to the actual con.

You can try asking around on friends of cc. I have no idea if this room is still open:

http://friendsofcci.com/forum/index.php?topic=3614.0

I actually already have :) I've messaged a few people and posted. Hopefully something comes up, otherwise it's the car for us :'(

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not going this year because of budgetary reasons. Everyone have a good time!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bobula posted:

I actually already have :) I've messaged a few people and posted. Hopefully something comes up, otherwise it's the car for us :'(

Talk to the OP

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Alan Smithee posted:

Talk to the OP

I would have but I didn't want to insult him with the paltry amount of money I had to offer ;) It's alright though, I seem to have found a place.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
So when's the Goon meet?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

If anyone grabs a flash bag, I will take it off your hands.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Finally getting around to actually map out a strategy for the program schedule. What the gently caress, Comic con. Gravity Falls is the panel right after my little ponies. Is Bronies still a loving thing? Essentially I'm leaning towards not trying since, well, that's at least 3 panel waiting. Meh.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
B20 isn't too bad for the preview screenings. Should be a chill night.

Got a Flash bag but that will die when I do.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I want a Mike Tyson Mysteries bag worse than I have wanted most anything.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
I am like 100th in line in the professional line, somehow. Got in line at 3:30. Beelining to mondo

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Fat Ariel Count: 1

Also, B20 is only half full. Get in here if you want cool shows with cool people.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
So the Unofficial SDCC blog are doing some party tonight at Henry's Pub on 5th, just a hair past Market St. We have 2 spots at our table outside if anyone wants to come join us.

e: guys are missing out on some pretty good ribs and popcorn shrimp

Soarer fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 24, 2014

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Good news! Looks like I might be able to go after all. Lucked into a Sunday-only badge, and it's extra good because one of my best friends is on a panel that day.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Wow, now I know why Marvel was being so loving cagey on their exclusive prices before the show. $100 for each hoodie? What the holy loving hell??? My wife was ultra excited for them and then saw that price and her face just dropped.

I understand an exclusive premium but almost 100% of normal price? Come on now. (Yes I know they'll still probably sell out so Marvel/Disney really don't give a poo poo).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I need one of those Alien Isolation bags. My preview might was a bust, we arrived way too late for a lot of the exclusives we want so I'm going to be wasting all of tomorrow borrowing stuff. Thanks to the goon and hooked me and my girlfriend up with the Embassy Suites but holy gently caress, Valet only and it's $40 a DAY.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sire Oblivion posted:

I need one of those Alien Isolation bags. My preview might was a bust, we arrived way too late for a lot of the exclusives we want so I'm going to be wasting all of tomorrow borrowing stuff. Thanks to the goon and hooked me and my girlfriend up with the Embassy Suites but holy gently caress, Valet only and it's $40 a DAY.

Park in the Mariott lot

lose your ticket

pay for a full day when you come back during the weekend

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Are any goons planning on braving the Hall H line for Friday and/or Saturday? A friend and I are planning on it already, but strength in numbers and all that.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Are any goons planning on braving the Hall H line for Friday and/or Saturday? A friend and I are planning on it already, but strength in numbers and all that.

After the last couple of years we've given up on Hall H. Good luck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, years of experience has taught me that nothing in Hall H is worth the wait. I have no idea how this new line wrist band system will work, but I'm sure it'll do nothing positive.

• Locked thread