Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How the hell did Ned rip that thing down, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ballz posted:

In bloggy news, most of the staff at WinterIsComing resigned, probably because Fansided is garbage. There'll be a new fan site popping up in the near future that will probably be worth keeping an eye on.
So just out of curiousity, what were the "changes in climate"? I almost never visited that site, I get news when it's reposted here.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How the hell did Ned rip that thing down, anyway?

It's a lot easier than you'd think

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lycus posted:

So just out of curiousity, what were the "changes in climate"? I almost never visited that site, I get news when it's reposted here.

Obviously winter arrived :v:

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why would she have yelled Stannis?

I thought she yelled Jumanji.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Lycus posted:

My totally uneducated guess is that, like a lot of other low-key sites that got bought out, new management came in and declared a moratorium on everything that wasn't professional/non-litigious in regards to pop-culture.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3Romeo posted:

My totally uneducated guess is that, like a lot of other low-key sites that got bought out, new management came in and declared a moratorium on everything that wasn't professional/non-litigious in regards to pop-culture.

I'd wager they're also headed to that bullshit click-bait format of "ten things about Jaime's hair" every website that gets bought seems to jump on these days.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
That too.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
You won't believe the weight loss secret maesters don't want you to know! It was discovered by a bastard!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

lifts cats over head posted:

You won't believe the weight loss secret maesters don't want you to know! It was discovered by a bastard!

Manderlys hate it!

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Lycus posted:

It is pretty much what is alluded to with the site turning into clickbait comments,

Basically the signal to noise ratio of the site really went downhill recently, now instead of actual news there is much more of
- lots of articles which are just links to really dumb looking youtube reviewers, internet memes and "twitter reactions to each episode" stuff.
- lots of articles about some web show with dumb segments like how to make game of thrones themed cocktails
- layout cluttered with lots of clickbait advertisements on the side for other stuff in fansided
- recently every 5th article or so that appears on the page has nothing to do with Game of Thrones but is some kind of generic buzzfeed type ad disguised as an article advertising Gap jeans or something
- when loading the site now a big ad sponsored poll pops up that takes up half the screen

I'm really glad to hear about the new site, since I enjoyed the actual news and content by the original people who left well enough

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

asvodel posted:

It is pretty much what is alluded to with the site turning into clickbait comments,

Basically the signal to noise ratio of the site really went downhill recently, now instead of actual news there is much more of
- lots of articles which are just links to really dumb looking youtube reviewers, internet memes and "twitter reactions to each episode" stuff.

The site always had that to be fair.

e; I also think that Fireandblood was the guy who made the kinda creepy interview with Sophie Turner around season one so ehh.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 24, 2014

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Kainser posted:

The site always had that to be fair.

e; I also think that Fireandblood was the guy who made the kinda creepy interview with Sophie Turner around season one so ehh.

To be fair some of it was always in the site, it was difficult to remember sometimes what was always there.
But there was definitely a lot worse ratio of dumb stuff to good news/content lately.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Manderlys hate it!

One simple trick to being hung like a Frey.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

ruddiger posted:

One simple trick to being hung like a Frey.

You won't believe what get's catapulted next!

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.

No More Heroes posted:

Does she even do anything in the books? Or is it just a couple "oooh poo poo" scenes..

It feels like her storyline hasn't even begun yet.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
They will probably just truncate Stoneheart down to the basics to save money. First episode starts with Stoneheart lynching some Freys for shock value+comeupants. Later in the same episode Brienne stumbles onto Jamies victory procession through the riverlands and goes 'I have information on Arya.' Jamie doesn't want everyone to hear about it so he says lets go off the trail on our own for a moment and they stumble directly into Stoneheart are are captured at the end of the episode leaving the cliff hanger.

Then jam all of Brienne & Jamies emotions having to do with each other and Stoneheart into the same scene, rather than spacing everything out like in the books. Then do whatever was going to happen in the books immediately afterwards. Bam as much money saved as possible, and scene condensed to it's most intense state. HBO should hire me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Am I the only one who thinks stoneheart is completely scrapped then? There is absolutely no reason they would have left her out of the finale if they were gonna include her at all. It would have taken 30 seconds at the most to establish Cat is back from the dead and lynching Freys.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Away all Goats posted:

Am I the only one who thinks stoneheart is completely scrapped then? There is absolutely no reason they would have left her out of the finale if they were gonna include her at all. It would have taken 30 seconds at the most to establish Cat is back from the dead and lynching Freys.

And how much money for Michelle Fairley for one shot's worth of footage?

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
It's kinda funny when I see the assumption that Stoneheart has been cut. I feel like a lot of the interviews have been very careful to say "Cat is dead" rather than "there is no Stoneheart in the TV show". However, so far in the books, I can easily see it going one way or another in the TV show. So far she hasn't had a huge presence in the books, but Stoneheart directly relates to both Jaime and Brienne, who are main characters. Don't know where their stories will go without her.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Away all Goats posted:

Nah, plenty of people figure she's probably cut. Other people are hoping to see her. People used to hope for Coldhands and Strong Belwas.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Lycus posted:

Nah, plenty of people figure she's probably cut. Other people are hoping to see her. People used to hope for Coldhands and Strong Belwas.

There's still time! A man's not dead while is name is still spoken!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is great. Put on your comeupants! I may use this in real life at some point.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

I hope they squeeze Strong Belwas in right at the end. Just some random fat guy eating the poison locusts.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Ballz posted:

Is this the Tower of Joy? :pray:

That's Scrabo Tower, I've thought before that it would make a pretty good Tower of Joy! I'm assuming the location scouts that did such a good job here in Northern Ireland already have had a good look at it. My fingers are crossed.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I hope they squeeze Strong Belwas in right at the end. Just some random fat guy eating the poison locusts.

man, who could eat those locusts, if not Strong Belwas?

Barristan? Daaaario? Missandei?

It'll be fun when HBO solves the Meereenese knot by just cutting half of the stuff in Meereen.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

That's Scrabo Tower, I've thought before that it would make a pretty good Tower of Joy! I'm assuming the location scouts that did such a good job here in Northern Ireland already have had a good look at it. My fingers are crossed.

Signs where up in the vicinity of the tower a couple of days ago that indicated filming was underway there. They might not be making it the Tower of Joy but c'mon, what else could it be?

PupsOfWar posted:

It'll be fun when HBO solves the Meereenese knot by just cutting half of the stuff in Meereen.

I think everyone pretty much expects this to be the case at this point.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
That's the Dornish Tower of Whores, where Jaime will spend the whole season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Omnomnomnivore posted:

That's the Dornish Tower of Whores, where Jaime will spend the whole season.

Its on Whore Island where Tyrion spends all season. He found out where whores go.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
As cool as it would be for that to be the Tower of Joy isn't it supposed to be in Dorn? That looks a little too northern for Dorn. Although I could easily see them changing the location because I don't think it's as crucial to the TV plot where the event actually took place. My guess is, however, that it's probably just a cool exterior setting for something Brienne and Pod get involved with.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As cool as it would be for that to be the Tower of Joy isn't it supposed to be in Dorn? That looks a little too northern for Dorn. Although I could easily see them changing the location because I don't think it's as crucial to the TV plot where the event actually took place. My guess is, however, that it's probably just a cool exterior setting for something Brienne and Pod get involved with.

I imagine they'd CG the backdrop to have it appear in a more mountainous location.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It could also be Sunspear, again with CG backdrop.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^^ Sunspear tower is a lot bigger, it's more likely to be like King's Landing: real city + cgi extra towers.

bobkatt013 posted:

Its on Whore Island where Tyrion spends all season. He found out where whores go.
Yeah and he meets Jorah there. I hope they keep Tyrion's whorehouse encounter with a drunk Jorah and the naked girl looking like young dany on his laps.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I think she is scrapped, or at least they aren't planning on bringing her back. With the cagey talk about her being "dead" instead of "not in the show" they might just be keeping their options open. One change they made from the books is that Roose Bolton says "the Lannisters send their regards" instead of "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" which I think is part of the reason Zombie Cat hates Jaime so much.

I think they like the "Anyone can die! This show is crazy!!!!" factor the show has with a lot of viewers, and reviving a major character who died in a shocking way undoes a lot of that. So they'd rather not do it or at least hold off on it. Beric dying and being revived was cool because his death at the hands of The Hound was never meant to be some huge shock moment, just a side plot kinda thing to say "hey magic is back on."

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dorne's got geographic diversity

iirc the Tower of Joy is up at the northern end of one of the passes leading through the mountains, near the border with the Reach (or the Stormlands?). Might be greener there.

that tower is really not anywhere close to big enough to be sunspear's tower, even with more buildings CGI'd in around it, but would be a perfect Tower of Joy.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 24, 2014

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Metropolis posted:

I think they like the "Anyone can die! This show is crazy!!!!" factor the show has with a lot of viewers, and reviving a major character who died in a shocking way undoes a lot of that. So they'd rather not do it or at least hold off on it. Beric dying and being revived was cool because his death at the hands of The Hound was never meant to be some huge shock moment, just a side plot kinda thing to say "hey magic is back on."

Yeah but she's a Stark. We are running out of Starks. People need some Starks, they'll accept an undead one.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Tower of Joy would just be a great cold open to start the season, similar to Tywin crafting Jaime's sword. Just end the scene and go into credits. No need to explain why a flashback is happening or cheesy grainy THIS IS A FLASHBACK filters either.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think Lady Stoneheart is fully clipped. If Jon Snow is getting the resurrection everyone expects, then the showrunners probably don't want to revive anyone else. Whatever Cat has planned beyond hanging Freys can be accomplished by the Blackfish.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

rejutka posted:

Yeah but she's a Stark. We are running out of Starks. People need some Starks, they'll accept an undead one.

don't fans mostly hate/feel indifferent toward Catelyn, though?

I dunno if people would accept her resurrection as a Stark revival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Well, they can make do with Bran the boring turning into a tree and Arya learning to stealth stab then.

• Locked thread