Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Blhue posted:

Do we have anyone in guild who can make the 180 rating skill barrels? I'm close to having all the mats (just need 75 comms to buy the isotope-5, and that's not hard to get when the weeklies just reset).

Savarra might - log on tonight after 8:30 and he'll probably be on, you can check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Super. I'd much prefer that to hoping some pubbie doesn't make off with my parts, and those guys who spam fleet about trading completed barrels for mats are never around when you're actually looking for them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

Super. I'd much prefer that to hoping some pubbie doesn't make off with my parts, and those guys who spam fleet about trading completed barrels for mats are never around when you're actually looking for them.

Just shout out in fleet. Even if they're not shouting themselves, they're there. I wanted to get one for my sniper so I did a shout and got like 9 whispers in 10 seconds.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, there's no reason to ever rely on the honor system. If someone doesn't have a completed barrel on hand, find someone else.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

On a side note, I am loving 30-54 PvP on my Rage Juggernaut. So much so that I think I'm going to only do it, no more KDY. It's so much fun being at the top of the medal rankings almost every time. SMASH SMASH SMASH

I'm sure, come 55, that will end, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

Focus/Smash can still work at 55 as long as you target smartly and/or until Enraged Defense gets a nerf. The major weaknesses are any AC with 30% AoE damage reduction and smart CC. Focus/Smash falls into the ankle biter category for my Sawbones.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Medullah posted:

Just shout out in fleet. Even if they're not shouting themselves, they're there. I wanted to get one for my sniper so I did a shout and got like 9 whispers in 10 seconds.

Yeah, turns out this is true. Called out once, and had a guy offering instantly. Do these guys do this hoping to crit and get twice the barrels?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

Yeah, turns out this is true. Called out once, and had a guy offering instantly. Do these guys do this hoping to crit and get twice the barrels?

Yup. You figure the barrel sells for 2-3 million or more, so worst case scenario they get nothing, best case scenario a free barrel when they trade for mats

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Dear That's No Goon:

I hate running Dread Council.

Please just go out and buy crafted barrels/hilts so I will stop having to run it.

Thanks,
Your Guildleader

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nightmare fortress it is then!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Dear That's No Goon:

Please just go out and buy crafted barrels/hilts so I will stop having to run it.

Thanks,
Your Guildleader

I did that but I'm not in the tues/thurs group anyway so moot point.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Dear That's No Goon:

Thanks,
Your Guildleader

I tend to agree...but I bought hilts/barrels for 4 characters now. :P

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Does anyone have a preferred method of spending their commendations at 55 to gear up for raids? I've read a few guides with various tips but they all seem to employ a strategy of buying gear on the way to 55. I plowed through 50-55 by only using makeb mods and saved all the classic/basic that I got along the way.

I'm running Oricon to get the purple set right now. I figured that would be a good place to start.

Givin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 24, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's okay to get some PvP gear too if you are doing warzone dailies.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Not really interested in this games PVP. Between flashpoints, Section X, Black Hole, and CZ-198 there isn't much time left in a day anyway. I figured I would have to do some at least for the Relics but I'll put that off as long as possible.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Givin posted:

Not really interested in this games PVP. Between flashpoints, Section X, Black Hole, and CZ-198 there isn't much time left in a day anyway. I figured I would have to do some at least for the Relics but I'll put that off as long as possible.

Getting 1400 wz comms pre-55 so you don't have to contend with the shitlords in the 55 bracket is a good idea. Kinda too late now though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Main thing is to just do what you feel like doing and do it at your own pace. Don't feel rushed to get gear and do all that there is to do each day otherwise you will burn out really fast. The gearing up guides ask you to do basically every level 50 and 55 daily there is every day and that is really exhausting and time consuming.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I don't mind that. I guess I'm more asking for some advice on what are the smartest buys for comms at 55.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Offhand, belts and bracers give you the same boost you'd find out of the raid drops and offhand is a major power boost so is a good first upgrade. Once you get to about 25k hp (or icon quest rewards) tag along on either a pug or guild 16 man story run, preferably dread fortress. Since almost everyone else has better gear and is only doing it for coms you'll likely get every drop.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yay, nice addition with patch notes -

Flashpoints + Operations

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

Now people won't want to take forever to cheese the boss.

And this is nice for when you're forced to do dailies -

Missions + NPCs

The CZ-198 Missions “Droid Demolition” and “Manual Shutdown” now properly share their completion credit between group members.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Givin posted:

Does anyone have a preferred method of spending their commendations at 55 to gear up for raids? I've read a few guides with various tips but they all seem to employ a strategy of buying gear on the way to 55. I plowed through 50-55 by only using makeb mods and saved all the classic/basic that I got along the way.

I'm running Oricon to get the purple set right now. I figured that would be a good place to start.

Are you in TNG on JC? Make sure you show up on Sunday for raid night. And sometimes when enough of us are home and drunk on Friday and Saturday nights, we try to run something in the middle of the night!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Oh hey that sounds like a great idea. I am on JC.

I did a /who Goon but i'm not sure if it's showing me what I want to see. Could someone toss Fondola a guild invite pretty please if you can?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
New character portrait thanks to the weird zoomed-out view currently affecting the character select screen:

You're welcome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

New character portrait thanks to the weird zoomed-out view currently affecting the character select screen:

I hope that bug isn't fixed.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nipponophile posted:

You're welcome.

Harrrrdooooo gaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

I said come in! posted:

I hope that bug isn't fixed.

Same, I thought it was a feature until I clicked another toon and it went away. I've spent way too much time/credits playing Space Barbies, I like being able to admire my handiwork.

Medullah posted:

The Beast of Vodal Kresh encounter in Athiss now resets if the boss is moved too far off of its platform.

Yessssss, that trick is a waste of time (especially when I'm healing :smug:).

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Can I buy the level 50 classic comm armor and rip the mods out of higher level stuff and put it in to keep the set bonus?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Givin posted:

Can I buy the level 50 classic comm armor and rip the mods out of higher level stuff and put it in to keep the set bonus?

Yes, the bonus follows the armoring.

You can rip out just the armoring, and stuff that into something.

lovely formulating above ^^^

The armor itself, the shell, does not contain the set bonus. The armoring, the moddable part you put in, contains it. You can swap out mods and enhancement, but keep the armoring, and keep the set bonus. Replace the armoring, and you loose the set bonus.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 24, 2014

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Dunno-Lars posted:

Yes, the bonus follows the armoring.

You can rip out just the armoring, and stuff that into something.

I think he was asking the other way around. The set bonus stays with the armoring. If you put higher level mods into the classic comm set (because you like the look or whatever), you lose the set bonus when you pull the armoring.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I think he was asking the other way around. The set bonus stays with the armoring. If you put higher level mods into the classic comm set (because you like the look or whatever), you lose the set bonus when you pull the armoring.

That is true. I formulated myself very poorly, and stand corrected.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

You're welcome.

Is that Saul Karath's hat? I need to get that for my operative.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/2bmeyn/swtormined_29_pts_patch_1_7242014/

Some deets:

Manaan flashpoint (I'm guessing this is the 2nd part of the Tython/Korriban FPs)
50 million credits for Guild Capital Ships

Edit: Thanks Oed

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 25, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Omgitsbees, I think that was you I kept killing in Voidstar.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hey Omgitsbees, I think that was you I kept killing in Voidstar.

Just now? I was in a Voidstar just now where I only died once. :D

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tezzeract posted:

50k credits for Guild Capital Ships

I think you misspelled "million"...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=753419

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Just now? I was in a Voidstar just now where I only died once. :D

Oh, well I killed so many I thought I got you more than once. :D SMASH SMASH SMASH

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"GSI Orbital Satellites have locked on to your position and are providing the following support benefits. Bolstering your gear while on Makeb. Dropping probes that will heal you for 2% every 3 seconds while in combat. Providing you with a 250% XP buff to exploration on Makeb. Thank you for using GSI Satellite Support Services."

Can't wait to plow through Makeb the instant I hit 47.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

That is fairly steep...I was predicting closer to 25m. I've got 41m personally just myself and don't think that would be worth it especially if it's just fluff and PvE lvling doodads.

Good luck to small/medium casual guilds.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Nipponophile posted:

You're welcome.

See, it's images like this that really make me want to put my big bad (Light-side) Sith Jugg into Pink and White armour.....

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS.... :gay:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
About time they're putting Darth Marr's armor in the game.

Also if the Manaan FP is as dull as sealab was in KOTOR I'm never playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Crindee posted:

"GSI Orbital Satellites have locked on to your position and are providing the following support benefits. Bolstering your gear while on Makeb. Dropping probes that will heal you for 2% every 3 seconds while in combat. Providing you with a 250% XP buff to exploration on Makeb. Thank you for using GSI Satellite Support Services."

Can't wait to plow through Makeb the instant I hit 47.

I'm assuming that's being prepped to go in the game right before the next level cap increase, much like the original double XP period was held to get people in position to run Makeb.

Also, I'm downloading the new PTS patch right now and plan on getting in this weekend and decorating some strongholds. If anyone else is hitting the PTS, let me know and maybe we can tour each others' houses or some poo poo.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread