Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
So the general hall admission is not absurd right now. 3 rows under the a hall H tent, plus 3 rows on the lawn out front.

Hall H tents are pretty sparse, but :wristband:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I got a Detective Comics bag. It is not Mike Tyson but it looks pretty cool. At least it's not a Big Bang Theory bag like last year.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

Park in the Mariott lot

lose your ticket

pay for a full day when you come back during the weekend

The self parking?

Also, just woke up at 4 to get a Hasbro voucher, made it into the building only to have most of the line broken up because they ran out of vouchers. After three hours of waiting and two hours of sleep, at least in Hall H you'll eventually get in. :smith: Last year I had no problem getting a Hasbro voucher, this is utterly nuts. It's only my second year going but it's incredible apparent the con has grown too big for it's own good.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Sire Oblivion posted:

The self parking?

Also, just woke up at 4 to get a Hasbro voucher, made it into the building only to have most of the line broken up because they ran out of vouchers. After three hours of waiting and two hours of sleep, at least in Hall H you'll eventually get in. :smith: Last year I had no problem getting a Hasbro voucher, this is utterly nuts. It's only my second year going but it's incredible apparent the con has grown too big for it's own good.

We got there in the line outside at 4am also. We're in chute 2, and I think we were at the tail end of the tickets. After 4pm is our timeslot.

e: it's the magic cards. Last year was much easier.

Soarer fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 24, 2014

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
So, I lucked out and scored a professional badge. My dumb question is what is different between a professional badge and normal badge? I assume there are places I could go and get coffee and poo poo. Anything else?

Ruckmaker
Aug 25, 2002
Mine comes with a smug sense of superiority, that's about the only perk other than the coffee.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah any time you wanna get up to line up for something, switch the AM to PM.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like the Obscenely Long Lines for this year are gonna be for con-exclusive toys, which is dope, because I don't care about those! The Hall H line looked entirely manageable this morning at 9:30, which is impressive considering how many people I've seen (behind me) in that line before. Apparently not too many people are excited for Penguins of Madagasgar or The Giver. I'll probably walk by later and if it's manageable, I'll try to get in for the Paramount panel, hope to see *something* about Interstellar.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Hall H looks like it is just walk in whenever you want today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The line is for Hall H friday panels :ssh:

Surprisingly weak showing this year, I mean isn't Star Wars supposed to come out in 2015?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

The line is for Hall H friday panels :ssh:

Surprisingly weak showing this year, I mean isn't Star Wars supposed to come out in 2015?

Nah, the Hall H line is still for today, but they're just holding people to be let in in groups to not have the doors constantly opening.

A bunch of people took the year off for SDCC, there's a shitton of stuff coming out in 2015 that isn't here. Star Wars is almost certainly because Abrams still wants it pushed back, and D23 is a thing that exists.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I don't suppose anyone's planning to go to the Gravity Falls panel tomorrow and pick up extra swag since I can't make it?

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Star Wars has D23 and Celebration Anaheim next year so they skipped San Diego.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Here are the answers for Adventure Time's scavenger hunt:

Text 887-637 with CONQUEST

Next with WHATEVERS2014

Next with PRINCESS

WeLoveFine - MAN BUN

Mimoco - BOW TIE

Mad libs - FLEX

Rubies Costumes - HEADBAND

Toynk - A PEELIN

Huckleberry - HERO

BOOM - L GRABS

Entertainment Earth - NICE KING

Abrams - WAZOO

USAOPOLY - TRUE LOVE

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Still a decent amount of seats in Hall H for the Paramount panel, could have some big stuff, will at very least have turtles that are ninja mutant teens.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Thanks wazzit! I once again cheated my way through while sitting in panels I didn't give a poo poo about.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The one year I resolve to avoid panels is the year Nolan shows up. At least my girlfriend got to experience her first big convention reveal. :(

Also, it's funny how age works. As much as people used to make fun of Linkin Park ten years ago, they are really, really loving good to see these days. MTV had no clue what SDCC attendees wanted and spent two hours doing stupid production poo poo to try and gloss up the show, but LP made it all worth it. Goddamn.

Ice cream trucks tomorrow. Big panels. I'll probably be walking around as Constantine on Saturday (did for a little bit today, too). It's hot as balls out.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I slept for three and a half hours and am now in line to camp the Indigo Ballroom for half the day. I hope I don't fall asleep and snore.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Satorr posted:

I slept for three and a half hours and am now in line to camp the Indigo Ballroom for half the day. I hope I don't fall asleep and snore.

How's the line? I'm not even gonna get in until 11 but I'm curious.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sigh, my phone wasn't working around the con, or I would have done Paramount (and gotten to see Nolan/new Interstellar trailer).

I'm actually doing Hall H on Saturday, which is normally the worst day. We're probably going to get drunk around 10-11pm and then jump in the line. We prepacked blankets and sleeping bags, so we should be fine; it worked out last year.

Yes, Hall H is highly stupid, but I don't do exclusives or buy much, and it has become kind of a tradition to do one *effort* thing per con by waiting in line forever.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bobula posted:

How's the line? I'm not even gonna get in until 11 but I'm curious.

I just walked in there and got a seat right at the very back, I imagine once Adventure Time ends I'll fly toward the front.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
B20 line is pretty chill. Still inside convention center. Getting into Korea after BBT writers clear out looks like a chance!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Where is the suffering and misery? This isn't comic con! Tell me at least one of you saw a homestuck cosplayer succumbing to heatstroke

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Do these panels ever get posted in full online? I haven't been to the con in years but I really want to see Nolan's talk about Interstellar, however the only things currently available are small snippets of it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Do these panels ever get posted in full online? I haven't been to the con in years but I really want to see Nolan's talk about Interstellar, however the only things currently available are small snippets of it.

At the very least a ghetto phone copy will get upped. Usually there's official sources but I think they usually excise exclusive clips

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Where is the suffering and misery? This isn't comic con! Tell me at least one of you saw a homestuck cosplayer succumbing to heatstroke
This is a weird con. Its like everyone has just gone meh about everything. A lot of big names didn't show up and I think the excitement is waning. It'll still sell out but I can see it being at a precipice if next year is similar and doesn't bring any excitement.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Uh, I'm fairly sure there have been a ton of big names, if not even bigger than past years (Nolan, Radcliff, Cumberbatch, pretty much every DC and Marvel person). And Hall H is still a shitshow, apparently, so I don't know where any evidence of a dying Con is coming from.

The only difference is that more people are experienced at attending now, and SDCC has everything run to a science. The con is growing so large that people are doing more outside the convention center instead of sitting for official panels now, as well.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 26, 2014

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
The Mike Tyson Mysteries panel may have ruined the rest of the convention for me.

It was that good.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Anybody know how much the bluray special edition of fight club is?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If it feels less chaotic that just means the staff is getting better at coordinating. No way sdcc is getting smaller anytime soon. Just arrived today but it did feel smoother running than the last couple years.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently the super long Hall H line is back with a vengeance tonight. I'm seriously considering taking this year off, much as I want to see the Justice League stuff tomorrow.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Satorr posted:

The Mike Tyson Mysteries panel may have ruined the rest of the convention for me.

It was that good.
I don't even care if I get to go again next year because nothing is gonna top that for a loooooooooong time.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Yoshifan823 posted:

Apparently the super long Hall H line is back with a vengeance tonight. I'm seriously considering taking this year off, much as I want to see the Justice League stuff tomorrow.

It is. I'm in the line but really far back. Past Joe's Crab Shack near this concert or whatever. If anyone is in line ahead of me and wants to be a hero, let me know.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Satorr posted:

It was that good.

Wait it actually looks like a good show? And you weren't stoned out of your mind eating Taco Bell?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait it actually looks like a good show? And you weren't stoned out of your mind eating Taco Bell?

I was at that panel too. I don't know if the show looks all that good - they just showed a sizzle reel. However, Mike Tyson was goddamn delightful on the panel.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

It looked "cute", and it's nice to hear Norm MacDonald's voice. Nothing spectacular, another Hanna-Barbera-esque thing.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know where you go to redeem tickets given out in panels for goodies? In Indigo they mentioned it maybe twice the entire day and never again.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

The show itself looks like a lighthearted self aware take on HannahBarbera properties. We'll see how the writers take the concept and evolve it if it gets wheels. Venture Bros started out just as a take on Johnny Quest after all.

Hilights from Mike on the panel:

* talking about the 1000 pigeons he cares for. And explaining how they either fly or get eaten by a hawk.

* how do you make a character out of mike.
> you expect him to be extreme
M: but I'm not
> Right, so you might expect him to be extreme
M: I'm not though
> yeah its an expectation. You expect an extreme
M: I'm not though.

* Telling the audience that ' we need more Mexicans. More Mexicans in animation. More Mexicans everywhere'

* Detailing his brush ins with the law : paraphrased 'I fight, then I knock them out quick and I'm still hopped up... So I hit someone else, and then the cops come and arrest me... And then there are lawyers... And then a judge..' Etc.

Please tell me someone has this online. Please.

Anyone at Kevin Smith's panel tonight? My friend was seated at the front, so at the end she asked for Smith' name tag (the cardboard thing with the speaker name and comic con logo). He was totally cool about it and tossed it to her...

But the sperghole that asked Smith about Metal music grabbed it out of the air and took off running.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 26, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FilthyImp posted:

The show itself looks like a lighthearted self aware take on HannahBarbera properties. We'll see how the writers take the concept and evolve it if it gets wheels. Venture Bros started out just as a take on Johnny Quest after all.

Hilights from Mike on the panel:

* talking about the 1000 pigeons he cares for. And explaining how they either fly or get eaten by a hawk.

* how do you make a character out of mike.
> you expect him to be extreme
M: but I'm not
> Right, so you might expect him to be extreme
M: I'm not though
> yeah its an expectation. You expect an extreme
M: I'm not though.

* Telling the audience that ' we need more Mexicans. More Mexicans in animation. More Mexicans everywhere'

* Detailing his brush ins with the law : paraphrased 'I fight, then I knock them out quick and I'm still hopped up... So I hit someone else, and then the cops come and arrest me... And then there are lawyers... And then a judge..' Etc.

Please tell me someone has this online. Please.

Anyone at Kevin Smith's panel tonight? My friend was seated at the front, so at the end she asked for Smith' name tag (the cardboard thing with the speaker name and comic con logo). He was totally cool about it and tossed it to her...

But the sperghole that asked Smith about Metal music grabbed it out of the air and took off running.

How was the Tusk trailer? I've heard... mixed things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Alan Smithee posted:

Trailer was fine. Nothing out of this world, just fun.

I was talking about the panel itself. I was laughing so hard I became dehydrated.

• Locked thread