Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

The greatest of dreadnoughts. Truly.
Also the only mainstream GW Chaos Dreadnought until the Hellbrute in the DV set :v: long live the metal Chaos Dreadnought and its 16 years of stompy glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SRM posted:

Also the only mainstream GW Chaos Dreadnought until the Hellbrute in the DV set :v: long live the metal Chaos Dreadnought and its 16 years of stompy glory.

I actually prefer it to the Helbrute :smith:

Speaking of Dreadnoughts.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 24, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What size are the Kromlech MegaNobz?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Yeah, that thing was around forever. I remember buying one in like the mid-2000's. The crazy scourge thing it came with was :black101: as hell.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe the bases they are pictured on are 40mm, so do the math.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SRM posted:

2nd edition Chaos Dreadnought, 1996.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick response.

DJ Dizzy posted:

The greatest of dreadnoughts. Truly.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Truly. At first I didn't like this model but Ive found that it's actually kind of appealing. I can why SRM loves old GW models, they have this charm to them that is indiscernible.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

The Sisko posted:

Truly. At first I didn't like this model but Ive found that it's actually kind of appealing. I can why SRM loves old GW models, they have this charm to them that is indiscernible.

And then we have eye-sores like

and

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

And then we have eye-sores like

That's a pretty cool wrong opinion you've got there :smug:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
^^^^^

I look at that model and I feel the urge to yell "Not today, He-Man!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys. Working with Swooping Hawks and going with a yellow/purple scheme. First time painting yellow - if I never post again assume I decided to go quietly into that good night.

quote:

Nagash was awesome (also I wished he had rules back when I played VC because he'd be hands down the best caster in the game and it'd be like playing with a Primarch in 40k).

It's the old Wight King that looked like poo poo.

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 24, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't the story go that that old Nagash model was supposed to have a different head, but it was rejected? So the sculptor came up with that one not expecting it to be accepted?

Old Lemartes was goddamned terrible. GW just used some conversion instead of making a model themselves. His crozius is even a loving banner pole.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Ghost Hand posted:

Not sure what you have seen but here is the new guy.

DIMACHAERON
WS8, BS3, S6, T6, W6, I6, A5, LD10, Sv 3+
Monstrous Creature (Leaper)

Weapons and Biomorphs:
- Sickle Claws
- Grasping Talons
- Thorax Spine-Maw
- Adrenal Glands
- Instinctive Behavior (feed)
- Rampage

Leaper lets it move 6" over any terrain or models freely (theres more to it but that simplifies it)

Grasping Talons: Str+1, AP2, Melee, Spine-maw Strike
Thorax Spine-Maw: Stre+4, AP1, Melee, Instant Death, Digestion Spine, (Only used at init1 and when the grasping talons roll a 6 to hit.)
Digestion Spine: Gets plasma tokens equal to wounds on the profile of the model removed (regardless of how many it had at the time). Gains 4+ FNP while it has tokens. Removes tokens at end of turn.

Couple other things...

Sickle Claws Str: User, AP2, Melee, Sickle Strike
Sickle Strike: on a 4+ to wound has the instant death special rule

So am I wrong of does this guy have 8 attacks after the +3 from having six Melee weapons?

Just got back from another game at my local store. I played a pretty traditional 5th-Ed-feeling game against Dark Eldar, using Maelstrom card objectives. It was pretty close, but I managed to pull it off with a few well-rolled saves and a glorious 3-point Kingslayer score from my Swarmlord killing his 2+ Inv. save Archon in close combat.

I also got to pick up my "grab bag" from the recent store anniversary. It included a few WFB Finecast models (Vampire Lord and the winged female Chaos knight), two Ceramite White paint pots, two buttons (Chaos Daemons and Tau), two Skull Pass starter sprues (2 Night Goblins and 2 Dwarves), and four postcard-sized army cards (Tyranids, Empire, Vampire Counts, Ogre Kingdoms). It was a pretty awesome haul, considering I got it for buying a model I was going to buy anyway. He claims he's going to do the grab bags more often as it was really successful sales-wise.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 24, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Safety Factor posted:

Doesn't the story go that that old Nagash model was supposed to have a different head, but it was rejected? So the sculptor came up with that one not expecting it to be accepted?

Old Lemartes was goddamned terrible. GW just used some conversion instead of making a model themselves. His crozius is even a loving banner pole.
Yeah, that's the story. It's Gary Morley's Morley-est work. He also sculpted a number of the worst Necromunda and Bloodbowl models, and was responsible for the old Dark Eldar line. Dude's sculpting was... special.

DJ Dizzy posted:

This thing though, I like this thing. That's such a silly and cartoonish and 90's as gently caress conversion.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

SRM posted:

This thing though, I like this thing. That's such a silly and cartoonish and 90's as gently caress conversion.

Thats probably because it was made in the 90's :v:

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They're massive.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 24, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fix posted:

Someone needs to feed me some Guard Forever/ AM Never slogans in high gothic to graffiti on the walls of my nuke silo.

How about a commissar in an Uncle Sam poster that's been graffiti'd to say "The Imperial Guard Astra Militarum Imperial Guard wants YOU!"

I do like the "IG forever, AM never" idea. Maybe even "Astra Militarum for life Astroboys go home". You can get real creative with that.
Obligatory addition: Astra Militarum :vomarine:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Does anyone know exactly when DV with the 7th edition mini rules will be out? I'm wondering when I can hope for the supply to increase.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This Saturday.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Anyone know of a place I can order a mini rulebook without paypal? I don't want to gently caress around with reactivating my paypal account but I really want a mini rulebook.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Why Gamesworkshop, why do you keep hitting me. Maulerfiends are amazing and they are 55 dollars a piece and I need 3.

In other news I super enjoy playing with Maulerfiends and Dreadnoughts. :) Murderpacks are really cool and fun. Especially because one invisibility affects all of them since their a squadron.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 24, 2014

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If everyone could stop being mean about Nagash that'd be great thanks. This is apparently what the original head was supposed to look like:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

So am I wrong of does this guy have 8 attacks after the +3 from having six Melee weapons?

Yes (it only has three weapons). Still, dude is a hammer!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

LordAba posted:

Yes (it only has three weapons). Still, dude is a hammer!

See, this is where descriptive text blended with rules makes things murky. The entry claims that each arm has a pair of claws, and then offers an entry for a claw. By the text, it would mean that it has four of them but I guess we can chalk it up to intention. It's like how a Maulerfiend has a pair of Magma Cutters in its entry, but only gets to use the profile of one. It's not like I'm ever going to field it ever anyway.

So I now have a Finecast Valkia the Bloody. I've like the model for a while, but I don't play Warriors of Chaos so never had an excuse to pick it up. Since it's been dropped on me I figure I should put it to use somewhere, but I'm uncertain which way to go with it. Should I use it as a counts-as winged/jumppack Chaos Lord for Chaos Space Marines (forcing me to get get some Raptors), should I make it a counts-as Celestine and make a corrupted Adepta Sororitas ally contingent, or should I make a small Warriors of Chaos side-army for Triumph and Treachery (which I hear is pretty fun).

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Lungboy posted:

If everyone could stop being mean about Nagash that'd be great thanks. This is apparently what the original head was supposed to look like:

That really doesn't look any better.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Pretty sure that's the point.

Meanwhile, I need to decide what I'm going to use for my two Commanders in my Tau army--specially painted Crisis suits or the Finecast dynamic Commander mini. Maybe one of each--the Commander for Shas'o Kaila herself, since she fights alongisde a Crisis team, and a less dynamic suit for her yet-unnamed officer that provides support for my Broadside team.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

PierreTheMime posted:

See, this is where descriptive text blended with rules makes things murky. The entry claims that each arm has a pair of claws, and then offers an entry for a claw. By the text, it would mean that it has four of them but I guess we can chalk it up to intention. It's like how a Maulerfiend has a pair of Magma Cutters in its entry, but only gets to use the profile of one. It's not like I'm ever going to field it ever anyway.

Non-walkers only get a single bonus attack regardless of how many weapons over the first they have.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Non-walkers only get a single bonus attack regardless of how many weapons over the first they have.

This is indeed the case.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

So I now have a Finecast Valkia the Bloody. I've like the model for a while, but I don't play Warriors of Chaos so never had an excuse to pick it up. Since it's been dropped on me I figure I should put it to use somewhere, but I'm uncertain which way to go with it. Should I use it as a counts-as winged/jumppack Chaos Lord for Chaos Space Marines (forcing me to get get some Raptors), should I make it a counts-as Celestine and make a corrupted Adepta Sororitas ally contingent, or should I make a small Warriors of Chaos side-army for Triumph and Treachery (which I hear is pretty fun).

Valkia is the best model (and darn good rules) in fantasy. Fantasy is percentage based, so you would need a 1620 point army to field her (not exactly "small", though warriors of chaos are expensive points-wise so you could run a small army model wise).
She has the armor, so could go the khorne chaos lord route. Jumppack + power spear + invul save + mark of khorne could be an interesting combo. The spear isn't the best weapon ever, but getting... 6? attacks on the charge at S5 AP3 isn't bad.

EDIT: Alt is to magnetize her base and use her in both systems!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

LordAba posted:

EDIT: Alt is to magnetize her base and use her in both systems!

Considering how light her model is this is actually a great idea and I'll probably go that route.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Ebay can be pretty great. Snagged a Hammerhead, minus gun drones (but I have plenty of those) for $35 shipped. Compare to $60 retail price.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

counts-as Celestine and make a corrupted Adepta Sororitas ally contingent

This is the most hilarious and expensive option, but it would REALLY irritate people. I see that as a plus.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Celestine, Daemonette Herald of Khorne. Slaanesh has too many ways it can go wrong and backfire.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

PierreTheMime posted:

I've wanted to do a Sisters army where they're worshiping demons but think its the emperors divine will made manifest. I was going to use Valkia as Celestine, and various demons as the walkers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Why Gamesworkshop, why do you keep hitting me. Maulerfiends are amazing and they are 55 dollars a piece and I need 3.

I'm right there with you, I want two of the things to run with my Night Lords. I'm planning on painting them like they've been stolen from some Iron Warriors and covered in some blue paint. This'll let me try out hazard stripes. :getin:

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Is there any advice (or a guide) about putting an ork with the big shoota together? I got an ork mob the other day and wanted to make the heavy weapon a big shoota but hosed it up so badly (couldn't align the hand holding the ammunition chain with the gun properly) I had to make a rokkit instead.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PierreTheMime posted:

should I make it a counts-as Celestine and make a corrupted Adepta Sororitas ally contingent.

Intentionally using the SoB rules? :stonk:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

BULBASAUR posted:

...The Zuzzy mats are so much more detailed and awesome. International shipping is a bitch though.

Sulecrist posted:

I love the Zuzzy ones but ...

NTRabbit posted:

...I heard the zuzzy ones smell like :vomarine:

I have one of each. The frontline is made out of a durable heavy 1990's mouspad type of material versus the thin 'halloween mask' type rubber Zuzzy uses. The corners of the Zuzzy curl and crinkle badly and make standing on the board edge impossible. I saw some beautiful 2/3rd edition necrons fall off the table because of those drat creases.

Playing on the Frontline mat is awesome since the pad is covered in that cotton/canvas material, which not only rolls smooth and soft but also mutes the clatter of the dice to a soft pitter patter. The Zuzzy matt will send your dice bouncing all over the board and on onto the floor since it is made out of Flubber. Also, the rubber needed to sit out for a few days to vent its smell and does not feel like it will last. I never even got around to painting it since it's a big deal to attempt.

So for a specific display I would say go Zuzzy if you want to have something similar to one of those Model Train museums where it stays set up forever and no one touches it. For ease of use, transportation and actual gameplay I say go Frontline. And I was kinda burned with Frontline's other products in the past* but I still recommend these mats.

*$300 case that was way below QA standards for a premium system and they ignored my Emails about it for weeks and never really answered all my questions in the end.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

AbusePuppy posted:

Intentionally using the SoB rules? :stonk:

Haha, of course not! It would be using Adepta Sororitas rules, which are even worse than the old SoB rules! :stonklol:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Lungboy posted:

That is even worse. The giant skull head at least isn't dwarfed by his shoulder pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Esser-Z posted:

Ebay can be pretty great. Snagged a Hammerhead, minus gun drones (but I have plenty of those) for $35 shipped. Compare to $60 retail price.

Truth, I was planning on going chaos marines, but I saw a great deal for

26 tactical marines
5 terms
5 scouts
5 assault marines
5 devastators
3 bikes
Command squad
Captain in term armor
10 guardsmen
Rule book
Codex
Macragge scenery

For $140 so I picked up a cheap Shrike and am planning on going Raven Guard now.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 24, 2014

• Locked thread