Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

If I were you I'd wait for someone with better gif-fu, but here are my attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gaz-L posted:

When has a scaffold ever been a good idea in wrestling?

Yeah didn't you see the gif above?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Del Raminos posted:

I'd given it a try as well but I couldn't come close to what I'd like. Anyway, here's what I have.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

"Hey I know, let's break my neck for 50 people and get paid with a sandwich." :downs:

Mick Foley fell off a cage once and he's a beloved icon, so if I drop off of something twice as high I'll be twice as beloved!

Of course I'm not stupid, if that doesn't work then my backup plan is to just turn my entire moveset into Superkicks. HBK is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and he used a superkick finisher, so if I use Superkicks ALL the time.....

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If I was a wrestler I would only do DDTs and chokeslams and pedigrees. Why even waste time with weak rear end suplexes or whatever? Straight to the finishers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

If I was a wrestler I would only do DDTs and chokeslams and pedigrees. Why even waste time with weak rear end suplexes or whatever? Straight to the finishers.

Someone should do that, but win with a side headlock or rear chinlock.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

Can someone make me a GIF of the snake rising that I can use for an avatar? Maybe fit Warrior in there too if it works, but definitely the snake head rising. I can buy them an avatar of their own or something if you want. I just love that drat snake.
Best I managed to do.

EDIT: Here's just the snake

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 24, 2014

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I want to believe that every Japanese wrestling match gif I see doesn't involve someone dying or becoming paralyzed, but I just can't... :ohdear:

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Great White Hope posted:

It depends on if the guy telling you about the idea is Dusty Rhodes or literally anyone else.

We gotta have da blowoff.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

This is a family friendly promotion. Listen to the kids in the crowd. They love this stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ2lr1fxXGQ

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Del Raminos posted:

Ghostpilot posted:

I'd given it a try as well but I couldn't come close to what I'd like. Anyway, here's what I have.

Kifisonfire posted:

Best I managed to do.

EDIT: Here's just the snake

These were all awesome, thanks all of you. I will go ahead and gift you all three gift certificates for new titles so you can use them whenever.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Del Raminos posted:

This is a family friendly promotion. Listen to the kids in the crowd. They love this stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ2lr1fxXGQ

Scaffold matches are universally terrible because it's always a contrived brawl to get up to the top (oh no, I'm reeling up the ladder from your punches!) and the whole thing centers around that one spot. Not much else you can do when you're only fighting on a series of narrow platforms.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sticklefifer posted:

Scaffold matches are universally terrible because it's always a contrived brawl to get up to the top (oh no, I'm reeling up the ladder from your punches!) and the whole thing centers around that one spot. Not much else you can do when you're only fighting on a series of narrow platforms.

Wasn't there a scaffold match in some territory where Cactus Jack worked where neither worker wanted to go off the scaffold so they ended up fighting on the top, did a slam finisher up there and then had the ref make the count? Pretty sure I read that somewhere, and then afterwards they both climbed down carefully. The ref spent the entire time in the ring, and counted in the ring while the cover was going on.

I assume it was all a rib on the booker or something - it's also possible I'm remembering it incorrectly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I made a quick Naito gif because I'm confounded by the way he flies without jumping:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Memento posted:

Wasn't there a scaffold match in some territory where Cactus Jack worked where neither worker wanted to go off the scaffold so they ended up fighting on the top, did a slam finisher up there and then had the ref make the count? Pretty sure I read that somewhere, and then afterwards they both climbed down carefully. The ref spent the entire time in the ring, and counted in the ring while the cover was going on.

I assume it was all a rib on the booker or something - it's also possible I'm remembering it incorrectly.

WCW did a Scaffold match on PPV that was a glorified Capture The Flag match. Grab the flag from the opposite side and you win. No one explained this to the audience or the commentators so no one had a hot loving idea what was going on and there was no payoff bump. They also opened the show with it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Was that the scaffold match that Torrie Wilson was involved in

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

I made a quick Naito gif because I'm confounded by the way he flies without jumping:

His feet stay planted in the one spot with knees slightly bent, then he springs off the ropes and pushes up with his knees at the same time to jump.

Either that or he's a wizard.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Just from looking at that GIF, yeah, I'm gonna go with wizard.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Okadaaaaa

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

epitasis posted:

Was that the scaffold match that Torrie Wilson was involved in

No, but that one actually had a gimmicked scaffold they could bump on and tables and stuff to break the fall.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Now that's a loving bridge. LOOK AT THE TOES!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

epitasis posted:

Okadaaaaa

Can you gif the Styles Clash/Piledriver reversal? That was amazing (and the "oooooooh" from the crowd was great)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Can you gif the Styles Clash/Piledriver reversal? That was amazing (and the "oooooooh" from the crowd was great)

This, because I didn't buy the show, but read about that spot in the Observer and I can't even picture how you'd do such a thing.

Spikeguy posted:

Now that's a loving bridge. LOOK AT THE TOES!

OKADA?! CAN YA FEEL YA TOWS?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Even Red Shoes just wants Honma to win a loving match for once

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Memento posted:

I recall reading this in Foley's first book, but I'm not sure if it was actually Foley in the match or he was just talking about lovely promotions.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The way AJ pops his head out right before the tombstone >>>>>>>

Did this spot too

Going through this match again, AJ is def my worker of the year so far. His heeling was off the charts to say nothing of his work. People were worried but he got over with the Japanese crowd real quick.

Also the whole finishing sequence of the match is incredible and has to be seen.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

It really amazes me how awesome AJ really is when he's committed; he's always put in some effort but ever since he left TNA he's been on fire.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Renaissance Spam posted:

It really amazes me how awesome AJ really is when he's committed; he's always put in some effort but ever since he left TNA he's been on fire.

From an athletic standpoint remember AJ is 37 and Okada is 26. Styles is unreal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There is a legit reason he's called "Phenomenal". When I first saw him in TNA, like 10 years ago, he was doing poo poo I didn't think was physically possible. He's slowed down marginally since then, but has gotten a whole lot smarter as a worker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, AJ is incredible and I'm glad that he got out of TNA purely because it gave him a chance to prove he wasn't just a big fish in a small pond - he wasn't "talented for a TNA wrestler" he's talented for a wrestler, period.

And thanks for those gifs!

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, AJ is incredible and I'm glad that he got out of TNA purely because it gave him a chance to prove he wasn't just a big fish in a small pond - he wasn't "talented for a TNA wrestler" he's talented for a wrestler, period.

And thanks for those gifs!

I just saw the whole match, and the man really is incredible. I REALLY want to like him, but I can't get over the fact he's a bigoted dickhead. :(

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Roman Reigns posted:

I just saw the whole match, and the man really is incredible. I REALLY want to like him, but I can't get over the fact he's a bigoted dickhead. :(

Luckily he's being a heel in NJPW so you can boo him with fervor WHILE enjoying his wrestling!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Gaz-L posted:

Someone should do that, but win with a side headlock or rear chinlock.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pfft, he used the dreaded Frog Crossbody.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Roman Reigns posted:

bigoted dickhead?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Teddybear posted:

bigoted dickhead?

The GAY Community?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZCKnha464

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Wow, what a loving douchebag. There goes all respect I had for him.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luneshot posted:

Wow, what a loving douchebag. There goes all respect I had for him.

I'm afraid I have some bad news: most professional wrestlers are awful people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, being a dickhead homophobe is small-fry compared to drug-dealers, gun-runners and actual human-slavers in wrestling. I enjoy watching AJ, but I wouldn't want to be friends with him.