Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

This movie has 4/10 on IMDB and 100% on rotten tomatoes. I wonder why there is such a disparity (no I don't I know why and so does everyone)
I believe IMDb prune pre-release reviews anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i have never heard of dear white people before but i am going to see it in the movie theater, i will spend my white person dollars on it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

i have never heard of dear white people before but i am going to see it in the movie theater, i will spend my white person dollars on it

Yeah well I bet the Rant Man won't be going to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vv5ZAwR8v4

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I heard some commentary on NPR this morning on whether or not ISIS is taking cues from the nazis.

I suddenly remembered the word "islamofascism" from a corner of my brain and busted up laughing. It's horribly ironic we're finally seeing the islamofascists Bush and Cheney were warning us about.

Thing is, the lovely American occupation and subsequent draw down from Iraq is what made the vacuum and unstable government ripe for the taking by radical Islamists and the whole thing possible to begin with. I think this whole mess is still ultimately Bush era policy bearing fruit.

If it hasn't been said recently, then allow me: gently caress Bush and company forever.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dreylad posted:

time is cyclical

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TheRamblingSoul posted:

I heard some commentary on NPR this morning on whether or not ISIS is taking cues from the nazis.

I suddenly remembered the word "islamofascism" from a corner of my brain and busted up laughing. It's horribly ironic we're finally seeing the islamofascists Bush and Cheney were warning us about.

Thing is, the lovely American occupation and subsequent draw down from Iraq is what made the vacuum and unstable government ripe for the taking by radical Islamists and the whole thing possible to begin with. I think this whole mess is still ultimately Bush era policy bearing fruit.

If it hasn't been said recently, then allow me: gently caress Bush and company forever.

Reagan had something to do with it too, right? More reasons to hate that sack of poo poo the better.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the rise of political islam has a direct link to american middle east policy dating back to the second world war. so y'know, pick a president.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

But honestly the colonial powers have been deeply loving over the Middle East since we invented the need for gasoline. Or since like, the Crusades.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

But honestly the colonial powers have been deeply loving over the Middle East since we invented the need for gasoline. Or since like, the Crusades.

Even before the crusades:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(AD_70)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

White people weren't invented back then.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Dreylad posted:

time is cyclical

It's more of a slow spiral. Each point in space-time drops about five feet every time you cycle through.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

kelvron posted:

It's more of a slow spiral. Each point in space-time drops about five feet every time you cycle through.

Look at this scrub, who doesn't understand that Earth has 4 corner simultaneous 4-day timecube in only 24 hour rotation.

You are educated stupid.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Remember the Phoenician Genocide

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aliquid posted:

Remember the Phoenician Genocide

Carthage will rise again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Amon-Ra Atenahotep, you can't just call people Sea People".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"They were, you know" *does hand thing* "Sea peoples".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Sons of Chaldean Veterans

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

Wait, there's an Alhazred who isn't Absurd?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Someone urinated on the grave of Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell, and people in the Football Funhouse were mentioning a goon who peed on Reagan's grave. Does anyone have more detail about that?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, ok. There was a goon. And he peed on Reagan's grave.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

The Monkey Man posted:

Someone urinated on the grave of Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell, and people in the Football Funhouse were mentioning a goon who peed on Reagan's grave. Does anyone have more detail about that?

Fuckin' Steelers fans man. Barbarians.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
if I were to visit Michigan it would to be to piss all over the grave of the judge in the Vincent Chin case

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Alhazred posted:

Constantine is a stealth Christian who wants to destroy the Roman way of Life. He wasn't even born in Rome. :byodood:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i respect the purity of hate it takes for someone to piss on art modell's grave. i will root for the browns now, as a second team.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Uh, ok. There was a goon. And he peed on Reagan's grave.

Is/was he actually a goon? I know he's the greatest living American, but I didn't know about the goon thing.

e: wait I'm thinking of the guy that danced on Reagan's and pissed on Nixon's. Was there someone else?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Look at this scrub, who doesn't understand that Earth has 4 corner simultaneous 4-day timecube in only 24 hour rotation.

You are educated stupid.

The two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Is/was he actually a goon? I know he's the greatest living American, but I didn't know about the goon thing.

e: wait I'm thinking of the guy that danced on Reagan's and pissed on Nixon's. Was there someone else?

I did those insanely cool things, and many others besides.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

razorrozar posted:

Who said that I isn't absurd?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

I did those insanely cool things, and many others besides.

You should probably get in touch with that other guy so he can send you the title belt or sash or crown or whatever.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Swan Oat posted:

i respect the purity of hate it takes for someone to piss on art modell's grave. i will root for the browns now, as a second team.

Are they still adding production lines to the factory of sadness? I know fuckall about football but the browns thread in tff was goddamn hilarious.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Are they still adding production lines to the factory of sadness? I know fuckall about football but the browns thread in tff was goddamn hilarious.

Man, I'm a Ravens fan and even I feel sorry for the Browns.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ReindeerF posted:

It's political correctness gone mad, Stu.

There's an entire generation that has confused political correctness with health and safety regulations.

I don't know why but I love that line

kelvron posted:

the universe is just a bunch of chaotic vibrations, everything is equal and the same

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Talmonis posted:

Man, I'm a Ravens fan and even I feel sorry for the Browns.

after losing like their third shiny new draft pick in the preseason or first couple of games to a career ending injury, you'd think they'd get the message that god doesn't want their team around

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

razorrozar posted:

Yeah, but I forgive him/her because s/he started a thread about bandes dessinées way back when. :unsmith:

Also, everyone watch Jodorowsky's Dune, il est formidable! Has a lot of awesome Möbius art, among other things.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"The Mad Arab"

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I do love me some HP Lovecraft.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He was just so, so loving racist.

"Of the complete biological inferiority of the negro there can be no question he has anatomical features consistently varying from those of other stocks, and always in the direction of the lower primates... Equally inferior and perhaps even more so is the Australian black stock, which differs widely from the real negro. In dealing with these two black races, there is only one sound attitude for any other race (be it white, Indian, Malay, Polynesian, or Mongolian) to take and that is to prevent admixture as completely and determinedly as it can be prevented, through the establishment of a colour line and the rigid forcing of all mixed offspring below that line."

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 24, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

He was just so, so loving racist.

I know, but I don't have to agree with his ideology to enjoy his work.

The one with the cat named friend of the family-Man is pretty awkward, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

People used to name black cats and dogs that all the time back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
There's this one professional critic on RT that always starts every review off with "Well I'm a conservative and here's what I think". I'm sure there are a ton of people that do that but she's the only professional critic I've seen review movies completely through a political prism.

Anyway, I would unironically love to see someone make a Dear Black People movie.

• Locked thread