Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man Ace Combat seems neat (outside of DFM), but man it very obvious it a game that needs a flightstick, as the keyboard controls are really awful. Good thing for a free weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I'm hearing good things about Finding Teddy and Kill the Bad Guy but nothing else.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Darth Various posted:

New Bundle Stars bundle:

Vector - looks like Canabalt but with more than one button?
Rush For Glory
Montas
Steel & Steam: Episode 1
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
Ionball 2: Ionstorm
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass & Ink - some adventure game, it won't say if it's point&click.
Growing Pains

Any opinions on any of these? Is it worth €3,19 for essentially the canabalt clone?

It's a hidden object adventure game (and if you hate those, the games from this company usually have some other minigame you can do if you want); you go through areas, pick up stuff and use it on other stuff, and solve simple puzzles. I've played both of the Nightmare from the Deeps, and they weren't too bad. This will probably be more of the same I'd imagine.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rirse posted:

Man Ace Combat seems neat (outside of DFM), but man it very obvious it a game that needs a flightstick, as the keyboard controls are really awful. Good thing for a free weekend.

A gamepad would work very well as is what the series has always been designed to use

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Sober posted:

Gods Will Be Watching is super hard as gently caress and it's great.

Is there a thread for that? I'm on the third screen and I'm super loving confused about something that I feel like would be too big a spoiler to post here in tags in case someone picks it up later.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rirse posted:

No, you just use a 360 controller.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

how me a frog posted:

Is there a thread for that? I'm on the third screen and I'm super loving confused about something that I feel like would be too big a spoiler to post here in tags in case someone picks it up later.

There needs to be, because christ.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

how me a frog posted:

You're already on chapter 3? I can't even loving get past 60% hack on the first level hahaha :suicide:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

3D Realms wants to hop on that Shadow Warrior/Rise of the Triad/other old game gravy train

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/out-of-nowhere-3d-realms-teases-return-of-major-stryker/

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Maybe they should have picked a game people have actually heard of.

I guess after Duke Nukem, they have nothing else of note.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Quest For Glory II posted:

3D Realms wants to hop on that Shadow Warrior/Rise of the Triad/other old game gravy train

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/out-of-nowhere-3d-realms-teases-return-of-major-stryker/

Man I will buy that the loving nanosecond it's available on Steam, too. Major Stryker was the poo poo.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
\
Just when I thought I was done with Afterfall, Audish a.k.a. Zombie Samurai pulls me back in with his gift.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Captain Swing posted:

\
Just when I thought I was done with Afterfall, Audish a.k.a. Zombie Samurai pulls me back in with his gift.

gently caress yes. I miss your gifs. I was was afraid you had died since you haven't posted much.

Do you have a collection of them all uploaded somewhere for posterity?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Xaris posted:

gently caress yes. I miss your gifs. I was was afraid you had died since you haven't posted much.

Do you have a collection of them all uploaded somewhere for posterity?

Click here to make all your dreams come true.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Rookersh posted:

There needs to be, because christ.

I'm on it I guess. Let's see how it goes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Captain Swing posted:

\

The best use of Robocop 2 to date (outside of the scene with the failed models).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

How good is Sims 2 and all the expansions for it?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Geokinesis posted:

Free.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Geokinesis posted:

With all the expansions it the best in the series, which as much I liked Sims 3...never quite reach it's high. The Open for Business expansion being my favorite as I always liked having a at home business. Just a shame it doesn't let you customize hair/clothes like Sims 3, but then again Sims 4 won't have that feature either for some reason.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The Sims 2 with all expansions is pretty drat fun but it seriously jacks up loading times even on modern computers.

Still, it's probably more worth it than The Sims 4 is going to be on release day. :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kibayasu posted:

Anyone who likes the old Ace Combat series should at least give Assault Horizon a try since its free. While it is most definitely Call of Duty in terms of narrative tone and characters (and the super-weapon is literally just a not-nuke) I think it retains enough of the old to be fun. After experiencing it in practice I don't think the Dog Fight Mode is as nearly as "RAIL SHOOTER MODE" as most people on the internet will proclaim it to be as you do in fact still need to speed up/down and pitch/yaw around so you aren't knocked out of of it (although there is still a fair amount of auto-guidance) and it is only really required on boss jets.

Just be aware that the first level will, in fact, confirm all fears the internet has about the DFM as your plane flies through buildings all on its own and control is taken away so you can watch explosions happen. It does get better after that... until you hit an overly long helicopter door gunner level but it gets better after that! ...until you hit an overly long Apache gunship levels but I do think the jet fighter/bomber levels really are just as good as anything the older Ace Combat's have.
It's pretty funny to think about how they literally stacked all the terrible missions right at the beginning to really give such a great impression of the game. Like, come on guys, really?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sober posted:

You're already on chapter 3? I can't even loving get past 60% hack on the first level hahaha :suicide:
Yeah, I'm seriously having a hard time gauging when to do what and even vague metrics as to what is going to set people off. Like it feels there's an RNG in the game that is broken, because there's been times when I've charged the hack once and it just immediately cuts off the system and I fail. Hell, even on easy I keep barely failing the first part of the game.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Hey, Threep! Remember when I said I wouldn't make a gif? I lied.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Rirse posted:

With all the expansions it the best in the series, which as much I liked Sims 3...never quite reach it's high. The Open for Business expansion being my favorite as I always liked having a at home business. Just a shame it doesn't let you customize hair/clothes like Sims 3, but then again Sims 4 won't have that feature either for some reason.

Open for Business also lets you build robots. Toy robots, home defense and garden-watering robots, and eventually these guys:

who take the role of a normal house resident, aside from having to recharge every so often and stay away from water.

Sims 2 was also the last one Will Wright had input on, iirc. Definitely has a spark that I just did not see in Sims 3 at all, albeit missing a few of the quality of life improvements 3 had. Bonus to having it on Origin is that even if you don't like Origin, it's still a lot goddamn easier than installing all that expansion content manually. In order of release. :gonk:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Phone posting, but Frayed Knights is on steam now. Its a pretty good Wizardry 8 clone with a lighter and more comedic take on the genre. I bought it direct from Jay when it came out, and I hope he can get some decent sales from it now that it's on steam.

It was also in a couple bundles and he's working on getting codes for people who bought it that way.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I just installed SAM (thanks OP) and I can see all my games, achievements, and such, so it's working on that level. I don't see an idling option though which is why I bothered to install, I just want the cards from games I don't want to play anymore/again. Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing here?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Chard posted:

I just installed SAM (thanks OP) and I can see all my games, achievements, and such, so it's working on that level. I don't see an idling option though which is why I bothered to install, I just want the cards from games I don't want to play anymore/again. Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing here?

When you open a game to see it's achievements, steam thinks the game is running.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Chard posted:

You also can only idle in one game at a time, or it drastically lowers the drop rate (from 1/hr to 1/8 hrs)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:doh: Thanks for the quick responses!

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Last one, I promise.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Captain Swing posted:

Last one, I promise.

Broforce is just such an enjoyable game. :allears: (Also your gif is nice)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Kibayasu posted:

Anyone who likes the old Ace Combat series should at least give Assault Horizon a try since its free. While it is most definitely Call of Duty in terms of narrative tone and characters (and the super-weapon is literally just a not-nuke) I think it retains enough of the old to be fun. After experiencing it in practice I don't think the Dog Fight Mode is as nearly as "RAIL SHOOTER MODE" as most people on the internet will proclaim it to be as you do in fact still need to speed up/down and pitch/yaw around so you aren't knocked out of of it (although there is still a fair amount of auto-guidance) and it is only really required on boss jets.

Just be aware that the first level will, in fact, confirm all fears the internet has about the DFM as your plane flies through buildings all on its own and control is taken away so you can watch explosions happen. It does get better after that... until you hit an overly long helicopter door gunner level but it gets better after that! ...until you hit an overly long Apache gunship levels but I do think the jet fighter/bomber levels really are just as good as anything the older Ace Combat's have.
So I downloaded AC, but is DFM actually required? I'm gonna assume it is since it's literally the first thing they have you do. Is there no way to take down the squadron leads (TGT_LEAD) jets without using DFM? They always just seem to be able to juke like mad and even if I stagger missiles they seem to always have CMs ready, as the regular jets seem to die alright. I kinda preferred HAWX in that respect where there was that OFF system that or even their AR thing didn't feel mandatory.

(Personally I didn't mind the gunner mission as an excuse to set up the game and roll the credits)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What the heck, old-rear end Sierra game Gold Rush is coming to Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000/?snr=1_4_4__105

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
For anyone who was going to try out Velvet Sundown, they disabled text-to-speech (presumably due to server overload) which makes the game waaaaay less weird and awesome. I recommend giving it a pass until they fix this.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Everblight posted:

You also can only idle in one game at a time, or it drastically lowers the drop rate (from 1/hr to 1/8 hrs)

Where did you get that figure? I've never seen anything that specific for the lowered drop rates. If this is true (and the rate isn't reduced for every game you have open), couldn't someone idle in 16 games and get a doubled drop rate?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sober posted:

So I downloaded AC, but is DFM actually required? I'm gonna assume it is since it's literally the first thing they have you do. Is there no way to take down the squadron leads (TGT_LEAD) jets without using DFM? They always just seem to be able to juke like mad and even if I stagger missiles they seem to always have CMs ready, as the regular jets seem to die alright. I kinda preferred HAWX in that respect where there was that OFF system that or even their AR thing didn't feel mandatory.

(Personally I didn't mind the gunner mission as an excuse to set up the game and roll the credits)

I guess I'm misremember how often it was required because yeah, that sounds like it a jet that requires it. I'm probably taking the complaints of "You have to use it for every plane" and compensating it with "You only need to use it on bosses." It is most definitely required in a number of places but I didn't recall ordinary enemy squadron leaders needing it. Guess I was wrong.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So this isn't an Origin thread, but we were talking about it soooo:

Is there anyway to merge two Origin accounts? I made the mistake of creating a new account before I remembered that I had made one for Mass Effect 3. Ideas?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Trustworthy posted:

For anyone who was going to try out Velvet Sundown, they disabled text-to-speech (presumably due to server overload) which makes the game waaaaay less weird and awesome. I recommend giving it a pass until they fix this.

RIP Ingmar, voice too sexy for this world.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kibayasu posted:

I guess I'm misremember how often it was required because yeah, that sounds like it a jet that requires it. I'm probably taking the complaints of "You have to use it for every plane" and compensating it with "You only need to use it on bosses." It is most definitely required in a number of places but I didn't recall ordinary enemy squadron leaders needing it. Guess I was wrong.
There's usually only like 3/4 enemies per mission that require it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RickVoid posted:

So this isn't an Origin thread, but we were talking about it soooo:

Is there anyway to merge two Origin accounts? I made the mistake of creating a new account before I remembered that I had made one for Mass Effect 3. Ideas?

You're probably out of luck. I doubt any digital platform, whether that's Steam, uPlay, or Origin, has the ability to "merge" accounts in any true sense of the word. The best they'd be able to do is disable keys on one account and add brand new keys on another. I suppose its not impossible that if you approached a support person with rock solid proof that you are the one in possession of both accounts they would do that for you but I really, really doubt it.

• Locked thread