Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Looks like early leak from Hasbro is a Target exclusive Legends 3-Pack.

Radioactive Man
Classic Captain America (On that awful Ult. Cap buck)

And lastly...

Classic Ms. Marvel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

Agent Venom and Prototype 6" Boba Fett are up for preorder on Walgreen's site. $20 each and free shipping of $25 purchase!

Preordred the gently caress out of Venom! Thanks dude!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Am I the only person who finds it baffling and hilarious that you can preorder on the Walgreens website, of all places?

Like we're still talking about Walgreens the drug store, generally not known for their toy selection, right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xenomrph posted:

Am I the only person who finds it baffling and hilarious that you can preorder on the Walgreens website, of all places?

Like we're still talking about Walgreens the drug store, generally not known for their toy selection, right?

They're going to carry Doctor Who.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2014/07/exclusive_doctor_who_action_figures_to_pegwarm_at.php

It's weird.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The corporate buyer from Walgreens is a huge toy collector ... seriously. He was at Toy Fair last year making that deal with McFarlane to do a Walking Dead exclusive. Now they have Agent Venom, Boba Fett, Tyrion Lannister, and that Dr. Who set coming up.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

The weirdest part is that they are going from zero to 90. Like I could walk into any walgreens in Seattle and it'be some squinkies, a couple TMNT figures, 45 of the same Transformers construct-bot set, maybe a lego set, and 1-2 weirdly old toys like an Transformers animated figure and a Jakks Pacific wrestling toy. They're going from that to exclusives from some of the hottest toylines, which is absolutely unprecedented.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

For anyone interested in MOTU, Mattel has leaked Tung Lashor, who looks good, and (ugh) NA She-ra. Apparently, a pet project of Toyguru and uses up lots of left over parts. These are the last of 2014, nothing revealed for 2015. All the knuckle heads on he-man org don't know whether to be outraged or too hand over sweaty nerd dollars

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

Looks like early leak from Hasbro is a Target exclusive Legends 3-Pack.

Radioactive Man
Classic Captain America (On that awful Ult. Cap buck)

And lastly...

Classic Ms. Marvel!

How classic? Dumb stomach gap or no gap?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

The corporate buyer from Walgreens is a huge toy collector ... seriously. He was at Toy Fair last year making that deal with McFarlane to do a Walking Dead exclusive. Now they have Agent Venom, Boba Fett, Tyrion Lannister, and that Dr. Who set coming up.

It is a smart business move on their part. Random crap toys aren't going to move. Get some hot exclusive good stuff and not only will it move but you will get customers who normally don't shop there.

Growth in a area where they don't normally have growth is a plus.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

How classic? Dumb stomach gap or no gap?

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17831

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh poo poo, I'm gonna need that Ms Marvel. Like seriously, if anyone wants to help me get that figure or wants to split the box set or something, I am totally game.

On the Aliens toys front, I got the Soldier and Lurker from Hiya Toys' "Aliens: Colonial Marines" line in the mail yesterday. They're roughly GI Joe scaled, which is not a common scale for Alien figures. You can see pics of the figures on their Facebook page.

The Soldier is really cool! The detail is good for the size scale, the paint looks good, there's some minor plastic "flash" I could trim off with some model kit tools and the joints are a little bit on the loose side (and it really can't stand up without the base, but I'm okay with that), on the whole I really like it!
At $20+ a pop I'd find it hard to justify "army building" with them in order to have them fight Star Wars or GI Joe guys or something, but I'm glad I dropped the coin to get one of them.

The Lurker is identical to the Soldier, but has a different head and a slightly different paint job. The Soldier has some brown drybrushing on it, and the Lurker is all glossy black. Unfortunately my Lurker was defective - it was totally missing the translucent dome over the top of the head. I'll be mailing it back to BBTS and getting a replacement.

Both figures come with a ton of alternate hands, but they're all so similar to each other that I don't really see the point. They also both come with a to-scale facehugger which is pretty cool, and the Lurker has a closed egg accessory and the Soldier has an open egg accessory.

I'm looking forward to the Spitter and Boiler, especially the Boiler. Based on the production photos it's not a straight "repaint with a new head" like the Lurker/Soldier are, it's actually got different limbs and stuff with the weird boils and growths and whatnot.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

therealjon_ posted:

For those looking for the NECA exclusives they will be available tomorrow night at 6:30 PM PST.

Damnit of course I missed out and of course people are already reselling.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Can I post NECA's latest abomination here? They went from a pretty okay version of the 2014 Godzilla to this:

I serve my Tamashii overlords and SHMA when it comes to Godzilla figures, but that's a really tough shake for people that were hopeful for that line.
Edit: It's supposed to be this suit,

The Worst Bear fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 24, 2014

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sideshow Collectables now has the Marvel comics license

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BitterAvatar posted:

Damnit of course I missed out and of course people are already reselling.
Ditto on that one. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress NECA.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Oh my god. A Hot Toys DeLorean??

I'm screwed.....

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I was able to pick up the Freddy and Predator figure off neca. They went up for sale a few minutes before they were supposed to.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Dammit you guys I even told you when to be there and you still missed them!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

I think he let his point come across pretty well. And I agree.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

I am giggling like a school girl.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

Dammit you guys I even told you when to be there and you still missed them!

This is all your fault! :doom:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

I want every one of those.

Except Sentry.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Djarum posted:

Supposedly there are three figures missing and there will be swaps so I'm guessing Quicksilver is in there somewhere.

e: better pictures:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17839

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 24, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Louisgod posted:

Supposedly there are three figures missing and there will be swaps so I'm guessing Quicksilver is in there somewhere.

e: better pictures:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=17839

FINALLY!!!!
I've been waiting for a machine man figure forever!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

lol at both Odin's spear and Thor's hammer being bent. :hasbro:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
The NECA club store is back in stock as of 10am! gogogo!

They seem to be moving much slower this time, there's still a good shot at everything.

BitterAvatar fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 24, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh wow machine man is awesome!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo :laffo:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/23/5932219/tetsuya-nomura-batman-final-fantasy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
bruce noooo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

I want all of these.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm not actually sure if I have any Toy Biz Legends left in my collection past S6 Juggernaut.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

I'm not actually sure if I have any Toy Biz Legends left in my collection past S6 Juggernaut.

I got that replaced with the MS Juggy. I still have the ML4 Beast and Gambit and the ML 5 Surfer. I still have all my older stuff but it just isn't displayed anymore.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I still have various Avengers from Toybiz in the mix. Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch (for now), Vision, etc. Face Off Cap is with my Avengers display while NOW Cap is with my Cap vs Hydra display, and that display has the modern outfit Falcon in the mix along with the Face Off Strucker. A lot of Toybiz X-Men too, like Colossus, Gambit, Beast, etc. ML6 Wolverine has a prominent place vs Hand Ninjas. It's a good blend between both brands.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BitterAvatar posted:

The NECA club store is back in stock as of 10am! gogogo!

They seem to be moving much slower this time, there's still a good shot at everything.
I got the Ahab Predator yessssss

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys Gamora. That sculpt.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, I didn't realise cloning and miniaturization tech was a thing yet but clearly it is...

Best likeness yet?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
So, I bit the bullet since it will probably be the last he-man subscription, and ordered my first one ever. The quarterly option seems much nicer shipping wise, as it looks like I'm getting 4 figures, the beast, and the free stands for 20 dollars in shipping. The price still feels pretty high, overall, but, we'll see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but it looks like sideshow is giving away free allegiance packages for their court of the dead stuff. (maybe you had to do the survey?) I got this one: Flesh

Also have

Bone

Spirit

and entering myfaction for the promo code got it free.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 25, 2014